Tips for Vaping in Public?

tophfisher

Hi all, n00bie here looking for tips for vaping in public on the DL.

I'll be bringing my new iolite vaporizer. I'm mostly worried about smell I guess, and ways to find the right, allow time for the unit to warm up, without seeming awkward.

Every year before Christmas the old man and I go on a shopping trip with a group of friends (they drive) and we typically drink quite a bit.. I figured this year for many reasons, I might try taking the iolite with me instead of drinking... I'm not all that concerned about the old man finding out.. but maybe the other guys in the group, or the general public...

Should I just skip the iolite and not bother, or are there some tried and true tips from long time vapers that you could share?

Thanks!
-Chris

tophfisher,

aero18

vaporist
If you are in close proximity with friends who you don't want to know that you vape, edibles (such as oil shots) could be more practical.

If they don't know what cannabis smells like, you could always just say that you are vaporizing some herbal teas.

aero18,

B.

War Criminal
Break off from the group and use a bathroom. Take a shit if you can to cover the smell ;) or bring a can of Ozium. Best smell cover EVER. Well, not the best smell, but it sure does cover.

Or buy a Launch Box. Sooooooper discrete. Almost no smell. No hiss.

B.,

tophfisher

Great tips everyone, thanks a bunch.

StickyShisha said:
what about "cooking off" the smell before vaping it?
Do you mean use it in a vaporizer before I take it on the road, and then it will smell less?

Sorry about the dumb question,
-Chris

tophfisher,

B.

War Criminal
How much ABV do you have? You should make brownies. But if you do, eat a little bit a few days before your event to gauge their potency, which in my experience is sorta unpredictable.

In my most recent batch I had the ABV left from 3/4 oz(what it weighed when I bought it) which I cooked in coconut oil and made into brownies(all the oil in 1/2 box brownie mix) and made a small batch. A piece 1 inch by 2 inches gets me pleasantly buzzed, 2 pieces that size fuck me up GOOD. For hours. The batch before that had all the same measurements, same quality bud, but were only half as strong.

Moral is, if you go with cooking, a tincture, whatever...make sure you know your dose.

But I still say go for the LB.

B.,

niall

tophfisher said:
Great tips everyone, thanks a bunch.

StickyShisha said:
what about "cooking off" the smell before vaping it?
Do you mean use it in a vaporizer before I take it on the road, and then it will smell less?
-Chris
Yep - your first toke (or three) will have the highest concentration of aromatics, depending on your model and method of use etc. etc.

With the iolite I can use it quite safely anywhere in public if I have (with a fresh bowl load) first fired it up and when it completes 1 cycle turn it off. Suck down those aromatics they've great, and particularly good if those are still in your system when you vape for real later on. Then on future burns it's virtually smell-free.

Obviously you could just be careful about where you exhale those first few tokes, as once most of the aromatics are gone it's very difficult to a) recognise it; and b) even if it is recognised finding the source is more difficult than you would think when it wafts away a split second later.

As long as you are not drawing attention to yourself, acting stupidly or looking suspicious and trying to stealth too hard (like inhaling from your jacket), then just use carefully and GET TO KNOW YOUR VAPORIZER. Every model will be different, so get to know yours and what its characteristics are for smell, smoke, temp etc.

Once you've got the hang of it it's like being reborn, I swear.

niall,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
^^^

If this technique works, then that's the way to go. I don't use the iolite when trying to be stealthy because it smells up the place at first really good and it has a hiss. I usually use this unit when going on walks, etc. where the noise and smell are not issues.

I have found nothing can beat the LaunchBox for stealth.

stickstones,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I second that motion Sticks!! The LB is total stealth in my opinion!! I use the Io on walks and can keep in a hoodie pocket but it isn't as stealth as the LB. If I had big man hands I think I could palm the LB completely too!!!

Lo,
Top Bottom