TinyMight / TM 2

Djsleepy

Hey All,

Curious of your suggestions. I just received my TM new from Finland and it is missing the serial number. Do you all think it is worth writing to get this sorted out? My intention is to keep the vape for the long run, but I do feel having the serial number is very helpful if I ever wanted to sell it. It has the new board bc different colored lights flash when on level one (I believe this is how to tell).

Thanks
I will reach out to him to look for your email but before I do ...do you have the order number?

I think the number is also on the board???? @Djsleepy :wave:
I believe that is correct and will double check to
Confirm!
Edit:
Confirmed that is correct! @NKB i will respond to your post separately.

Hey All,

Curious of your suggestions. I just received my TM new from Finland and it is missing the serial number. Do you all think it is worth writing to get this sorted out? My intention is to keep the vape for the long run, but I do feel having the serial number is very helpful if I ever wanted to sell it. It has the new board bc different colored lights flash when on level one (I believe this is how to tell).

Thanks
He said to contact them via email info@tinymight.com , said might have accidentally got old bottom lid. He will get you squared away.

checkyourlibido

I think it is very possible they recycled the bottom from another unit. If I was super anal, there is a small scratch on it (I am not super anal, haha). I sent them an email so we will see. It is a small bummer that I am sure will dissipate once I actually try the thing!

At least you won’t have to deal with customs and shipping

Buds Aldrin

@Buds Aldrin – I don't think this is an issue we have seen before; I'm pretty sure the cells you are using are legit and they are indeed recommended for the TM, so it's probably the unit itself having issues. I'm also using a 1st gen model (about 2½ years old) and it still works fine, so yours should too. Unless someone here has a better idea, I would contact the TM service about it.

Just out of curiosity: do you charge the cells in the device or externally?
Always internally, I do not have an external charger. I am posting an update soon as a new development has occurred.

could always disassemble and go over the metal with a white eraser to remove any oxidation that might be affecting the conductivity of the unit
Hi Bad Dog, thanks for the suggestion. I am assuming it was in reply to my post. Can you tell me exactly which part I need to clean with the eraser? Even better would be a photo of the exact part, or at least the actual name of the metal part to clean? Ids it a plate? Maybe it will be obvious when I open it up but I am a novice with electronics, so any pointers will be much appreciated.
A further development has happened: I had not removed the battery for a few weeks, and simply taking it out and placing it back in seems to have solved the problem for now. I actually achieved two vibrations when powering it on, after not charging for a day or more. However, it cut out but that is pretty normal at that stage of battery charge. So this may help diagnose the issue. I will also take it apart fully and give that part a clean with the eraser once I have more information.
One thing also of note, early to mid last year, my unit was not even vibrating when it reached the set temp when in on demand mode. I would have to play around with it, doing the haptic feedback reset procedure multiple times, whereby you turn it up to max, press the button then turn it down to 0 and press it again. It would reappear then would just disappear again (the haptic feedback/vibration function). Even taking the battery in and out would sometimes fix it, but it would come back again soon. I solved this problem by opening up the base and giving it a general clean. However, the issue with the cutting out after a couple of sessions has been around for a while, I think even when the other issue was happening, so I will probably need to try the eraser trick.

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
I believe I found raw titanium tube tube stock that will fit the TinyMight in 19in long sections for $17. Going to order one to see if the size is right, if it is I could make myself four 3.5in stems like the $69 Titaniummight out of a single $17 section. Shipping will take some time, might be a while before I can update on this.

NKB

I will reach out to him to look for your email but before I do ...do you have the order number?

I believe that is correct and will double check to
Confirm!
Edit:
Confirmed that is correct! @NKB i will respond to your post separately.

He said to contact them via email info@tinymight.com , said might have accidentally got old bottom lid. He will get you squared away.
Thanks all! Tried it out last night finally and the TM is a revelation. Love it.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Ready to ship on Tuesday...

Before you ask...
No!... it's not a pan flute :hmm: :lmao:

PXL-20220424-190453702.jpg

PXL-20220424-194903471.jpg

kokolokokolokon

Ive seen a paint job on the Body somewhere here. Why would you replace it?
For fashion of course hahaha
I hace seen a paint job in black (from the Halloween special edition i think) but i dont like It. I would prefer an ebony body in that case :rockon:(It is an example. I need to know what kind of wood is safe)

Last edited:
kokolokokolokon,

andrew`124c41+

Does anybody know who answers the info email address at TM.

I was communicating with someone there about the repair of my unit. I mentioned that I was going to order some accessories and asked if my unit and accessories could be shipped back together. I got a reply on Friday saying they could do that and not charge extra shipping, not that the shipping is a big deal.

Since then, I just received an email that the accessories have been shipped but no information about the repair of my unit.

Anybody know the name of the owner...or how many people respond to the info email address?

I have never liked dealing with companies that don't have a phone number! It seems that emails are answered sporadically and I am not taking about weekends.

andrew`124c41+,

mulciber

Does anybody know who answers the info email address at TM.

I was communicating with someone there about the repair of my unit. I mentioned that I was going to order some accessories and asked if my unit and accessories could be shipped back together. I got a reply on Friday saying they could do that and not charge extra shipping, not that the shipping is a big deal.

Since then, I just received an email that the accessories have been shipped but no information about the repair of my unit.

Anybody know the name of the owner...or how many people respond to the info email address?

I have never liked dealing with companies that don't have a phone number! It seems that emails are answered sporadically and I am not taking about weekends.

It's a very small operation and English isn't their first language, of course, so their answers tend to be very brief. Also, if you're in the U.S. the pattern seems to be that you receive an immediate notice of shipment, but I think it really just means that the process has been initiated, as you'll get a second mail later on with an actual, trackable number.

They are conscientious, however, and act in good faith. You may receive another mail separately about the status of your repair. It cannot hurt to send another note, but be aware that they are probably swamped.

Adobewan

…, if you're in the U.S. the pattern seems to be that you receive an immediate notice of shipment, but I think it really just means that the process has been initiated, as you'll get a second mail later on with an actual, trackable number…
That’s good to know.
Can you add how long it was between the initial notice of shipment and the actual date of shipping?
Ty.

Adobewan,

NKB

In my case it was nine days between that initial notice and actual delivery, as I recall. dgi
I was about the same. I think eight days and I placed the order just before Easter weekend. I got the TM last Thursday so this is a recent data point.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I'm thinking about doing something with the exterior as well. Maybe with acrylics.
Be mindful of toxicity of finishes. I use natural beeswax to condition the wood a couple times a year. I’ve never stained my TM nor have applied any acrylic.

The maker’s name is Ville. There was a David who answered an inquiry of mine over a year ago (in addition to Ville prior to that). Indeed, a very small operation and English isn’t their native tongue. Keep emails simple and also put clear, concise key words in the Subject.
:peace:

andrew`124c41+

It's a very small operation and English isn't their first language, of course, so their answers tend to be very brief. Also, if you're in the U.S. the pattern seems to be that you receive an immediate notice of shipment, but I think it really just means that the process has been initiated, as you'll get a second mail later on with an actual, trackable number.

They are conscientious, however, and act in good faith. You may receive another mail separately about the status of your repair. It cannot hurt to send another note, but be aware that they are probably swamped.
There. are 2 email addresses. I just heard from him. Apparently, they actually work on weekends. My order came through for the accessories prior to his getting back to work.

With regard to my intermittent electronics problem with the unit shutting off. They did exactly what I expected
..they replaced the board. Considering my order number, looks to me that since December of 2021 when I ordered the unit, they have had a lot more orders. They are very busy which is a good thing.

I still don't know how they put that thing together lol. I am not bad fooling around with small electrictronics like the lasers I build with tiny drivers but I really couldn't figure out how to get the glass sleeve back in. Kind of like a puzzle!

I assume the board can also be removed. Some brave soul should make a video of the disassembly and reassembly of the unit.

But, does taking it apart void the warranty? Perhaps not. IDK.

Top Bottom