• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TinyMight / TM 2

gangababa

A question: Is It possible to anodize the bot/top metal plates?
Would be nice to darken the wood and make the plates look like brass or cooper :D

Sounds like a great DIY, if anodizing doesn't insulate metal (I do not know).
One would have to disassemble the heater. There is DIY home anodizing information on the web.

"Anodizing uses acid to create a corrosion- and wear-resistant layer on top of a metal. The process of anodizing also changes the crystal structure near the surface of substances, like aluminum alloy, which allows you to dye the metal a bright color. [1] At-home anodizing can be useful for projects like..." (Wikihow link)

Edit: A bit more Googling tells me the anodizing is not conductive and that puts a wrinkle in things (not insurmountable).
Edit: The anodizing adds thickness that, while measured in a few thousands of an inch, could change the O-ring seal system.

Last edited:

kokolokokolokon

with or without the oring?
It works great with a non official oring i used. But im going to use the official

Sounds like a great DIY, if anodizing doesn't insulate metal (I do not know).
One would have to disassemble the heater. There is DIY home anodizing information on the web.

"Anodizing uses acid to create a corrosion- and wear-resistant layer on top of a metal. The process of anodizing also changes the crystal structure near the surface of substances, like aluminum alloy, which allows you to dye the metal a bright color. [1] At-home anodizing can be useful for projects like..." (Wikihow link)
Thanks! Maybe i would have to remove the anodized layer on the insides, or, at least, in contact zones

kokolokokolokon,

gangababa

... If you can protect the threads and the spot under the top plate that the ribbon connects to then you might be ok.
I assume that a sacrifice bolt inserted in the top-cap before anodizing would be removable leaving bare aluminum hole-threads.
An alternate method would be the use of a thread-cutter to clean the threads.

what about the bottom plate??? where the screw goes and the ridge the PCB touches???

The DIY idea would definitely require some post-anodizing machining. Still doable.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Staining has been discussed herein previously. There may be a few non-toxic options but be careful with the choices and read the ingredients. I’ve never tried staining but I have sanded mine and apply a natural beeswax to condition the wood (before and after sanding my TM down).

A few others have even covered the wood with felt or leather for a different look. Options, options. And now to reacquaint myself with my TM after a day’s work. Happy and healthy New Years to all. :peace:

green68beetle

mine arrived to australia in about a week with no problems at all
Well, mine came today. Five days to Australia. Can't ask for better than that.

I spent the first 10 minutes thinking the unit wasn't working and I'd have to send it back. I was not pressing 3 times fast enough! It's a bit deceptive if you press three times slightly too slow it vibrates each time and you think you've done it correctly (wonder if that's some of the problems I read about are not operating it correctly?). I was wondering if it was on or not, maybe the light didn't work? I tried inhaling getting nothing, then I realised my mistake. Once I got the hang it's great, good solid vapes, and I think I like it better than my old Mighty. Very different vapes of course. Early days yet but it works really well, and very good first up impression, once I got it working.

Wish I'd bought some spare parts.

So I have a couple of questions that might have already been answered in the thread so apologies , but I have searched.

First, I thought the instructions would list specific temperatures for each number but they don't? Does anyone know? I assumed it would be 10C increments but that doesn't fit. Maths is not my strong point.

Secondly, what spare parts would everyone recommend? Stems obviously, but what else is likely to break?

Last edited:

kokolokokolokon

Now i realize...are the plates made of aluminium? I thought the plates are made of stainless steel

kokolokokolokon,

EarthVapeDude

I'ts been a while for me as my TM has been out of action after it lost power and I also dropped it and cracked the glass sleeve. I've been using my Cloud Evo for several months instead.

2 weeks ago I thought customer service must have improved so I ordered a new glass sleeve from TM, which only took 7 days to deliver to UK from Finland. Replaced that and performance was still weak. So I requested calibration instructions and got those in under 48 hours.

TM now firing on all cylinders, as good as it ever was. Am glad to be back, I've missed it.

Hey Guys,

Had to create an account and jump in here after having a month with my TinyMight.
This device reminds me of a smaller, sibling, of the Cloud EVO! 🤯
I run her at temp setting 5 and on demand.

For comparisons sake, my Goto vape is the Mighty+ and run her at 175° or so. I CAN'T load the same amount in my TM as it will get me just too high. I thought I had loaded some stronger bud at first but that wasn't the case. :lol:
I use the TM as my weekend vape and the Mighty+ as my weekday vape (or when I just don't want to get as high.)

I use the straight glass with the little cone to put my bud in and a bubbler (no cooling unit.) I truly micro dose with this unit.

I guess convection just hits me way harder than Conduction/Convection combo's. Anyone notice that?

The vape is a little finicky with turning it on and off but you mostly learn.
She works with no problems though.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeyB

I've had my TinyMight for over a year now.
I've always been a little disappointed in it's performance compared to everyone else's experience online. I almost always had a light green ring of bud around the edge of the bowl. I could never get my AVB as dark as others. People talked a out clearing a bowl in 2-3 hits similar to a dynavap. I could never replicate this.

I did everything to try to fix it to no avail. I thought about recalibrating and asked for opinions. Previous owner came to me and convinced me the vape was functioning as it should. I eventually had to send it in for repairs. No change after that in performance.

While my TM was being repaired I used an Arizer Air 1. What convinced me to try recalibrating yesterday was the TM AVB is lighter and has green flecks where the Arizer Air 1 ($50 vape) had darker and more consistent AVB. It just didn't make any sense. I did the calibration steps and turned the dial to red.

Wow. The difference is insane. At 2.5 I get really nice low temp hits which won't push the AVB past dark green. Then at 7 it pumps insane clouds. Takes longer to vibrate but I can tell I'm inhaling thick vapor about 3 seconds after the draw begins. Exhale huge clouds like a dynavap. At 7 I get 4-5 rips like this. I did hit a fresh bowl at 10 and the AVB was very very dark. If I continued to hit it, it may combust but I didn't want to find out.

8 clears a bowl in about 2-3 hits.

The green edge is also gone if I use a basket screen now (previously even with a basket screen I got a green ring). Wish I had just tried this sooner. Doh.

Vapsss

Titaniummightstems.com
Accessory Maker
Hey everybody,sorry for posting again. I started a thread but haven’t really gotten much activity. I’m still not good at navigating the forum. I’ll be in stock with my titanium stems very soon. My site is titaniummightstems.com let me know if you have any feedback. I’m also working on cheaper dosing caps. If you’re interested email me at titaniummightstems@gmail.com. I’ll be sending something out when they’re in stock. Thanks!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey everybody,sorry for posting again. I started a thread but haven’t really gotten much activity. I’m still not good at navigating the forum. I’ll be in stock with my titanium stems very soon. My site is titaniummightstems.com let me know if you have any feedback. I’m also working on cheaper dosing caps. If you’re interested email me at titaniummightstems@gmail.com. I’ll be sending something out when they’re in stock. Thanks!

Very nice dude! I did see your other thread, it's hard to get a lot of activity in specific accessory threads like that unfortunately, so you just need to keep posting in here as you are! Wishing you much luck with the launch, I don't really need one myself, but I thought I would mention, even though it may be too late to change it, I think "titaniumight" or "titanimight" it's a bit better of a name, without double M, more indicative of the "tiny" you are swapping out for it??

Vapsss

Titaniummightstems.com
Accessory Maker
Very nice dude! I did see your other thread, it's hard to get a lot of activity in specific accessory threads like that unfortunately, so you just need to keep posting in here as you are! Wishing you much luck with the launch, I don't really need one myself, but I thought I would mention, even though it may be too late to change it, I think "titaniumight" or "titanimight" it's a bit better of a name, without double M, more indicative of the "tiny" you are swapping out for it??
Thank you. I didn’t want to be anoying posting too many advertisements. As long as everyone here is ok with it I’ll post again in a while.

Zipford

Well, mine came today. Five days to Australia. Can't ask for better than that.

I spent the first 10 minutes thinking the unit wasn't working and I'd have to send it back. I was not pressing 3 times fast enough! It's a bit deceptive if you press three times slightly too slow it vibrates each time and you think you've done it correctly (wonder if that's some of the problems I read about are not operating it correctly?). I was wondering if it was on or not, maybe the light didn't work? I tried inhaling getting nothing, then I realised my mistake. Once I got the hang it's great, good solid vapes, and I think I like it better than my old Mighty. Very different vapes of course. Early days yet but it works really well, and very good first up impression, once I got it working.

Wish I'd bought some spare parts.

So I have a couple of questions that might have already been answered in the thread so apologies , but I have searched.

First, I thought the instructions would list specific temperatures for each number but they don't? Does anyone know? I assumed it would be 10C increments but that doesn't fit. Maths is not my strong point.

Secondly, what spare parts would everyone recommend? Stems obviously, but what else is likely to break?
I always recommend the o-ring pack. I don't think they're likely to break, but they are pretty easy to lose if you take things apart (like to do an initial cleaning). And a missing o-ring can bring things to a halt.

According to TM's website, the device ranges from 120-240 Celsius and there are 20 positions on the dial. Assuming the dial works in a linear fashion like you'd expect, each half position should represent 6 degrees Celsius.

I'd suggest around 5-6 as a good place to start, but if you like lower temps you could start even lower.

In terms of stems, I like the GRAV Upline Tasters. They stick out a bit higher but don't need a cooling unit, and I feel the taste is a little better. I use two of those and the stock stem in rotation.

Enjoy!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I saved this from this thread, don’t recall the author.

PASTED:

For anyone asking about the temperature dial.

There are 20 temperature steps in total the only unknown being what the starting point is. I can turn the unit on and then turn the temperature down so I'll assume 0.5 is the lowest setting for simplicity.

Each step will increase temperature by 6.316°C/11.053°F if it's linear so let's say 6.3°C/11°F and call it close enough.

Dial - Temp. °F - Temp. °C
0.5 - 250°F - 120°C
1.0 - 261°F - 126.3
1.5 - 272°F - 132.6
2.0 - 283°F - 138.9
2.5 - 294°F - 145.2
3.0 - 305°F - 151.5
3.5 - 316°F - 157.8
4.0 - 327°F - 164.1
4.5 - 338°F - 170.4
5.0 - 349°F - 176.7
5.5 - 360°F - 183.0
6.0 - 371°F - 189.3
6.5 - 382°F - 195.6
7.0 - 393°F - 201.9
7.5 - 404°F - 208.2
8.0 - 415°F - 214.5
8.5 - 426°F - 220.8
9.0 - 437°F - 227.1
9.5 - 448°F - 233.4
10.0 - 459°F - 239.7

green68beetle

@RustyOldNail, thanks for posting those! That is exactly what I was after and I will save and print it out. I used to vape at between 190-205C in my old Mighty, but so far have found I like the tinymight at 5-6.5 and seem to get good effect. Interesting that it is lower.

@Zipford, thanks for the advice on parts. I am making a list so that hopefully will just need to order once.

So far, loving this device.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
@RustyOldNail, thanks for posting those! That is exactly what I was after and I will save and print it out. I used to vape at between 190-205C in my old Mighty, but so far have found I like the tinymight at 5-6.5 and seem to get good effect. Interesting that it is lower.

@Zipford, thanks for the advice on parts. I am making a list so that hopefully will just need to order once.

So far, loving this device.
If you have a smart phone put it in there. I do and keep lots of info about my vapes, like temp ranges, right at my fingertips. The ranges above closely mirror what I documented, also assuming a linear scale. And yes, the Tinymight rocks - every single time. I think tomorrow will be 22 months of vapor bliss from the device emanating from Finland. Cheers. :peace:

EDIT: extra orings are always a great idea. A close second is a second stem and cooling unit so one can be cleaned while using the other. Don’t use the stock long stem much but good to have. LOL - I still haven’t tried the TM WPA yet but perhaps soon. Old native users and habits die hard :)

Last edited:

ibrokemypie

can anyone recommend the eds tnt wood stems? they seem to be actually obtainable in australia but im wondering about the cleaning, wont they become eternally stinky? how do you get the resin out? i assume you cant soak them or anything

ibrokemypie,

Vapsss

Titaniummightstems.com
Accessory Maker
I love the Ed's stems. I just clean it by waxing it. Resin is water soluble so it just wipes off with the wax. Mine don't stink but YMMV.
the Ed’s tnt stem is great. I think most people just condition the wood to clean it. I had the same worry about mine, but I haven’t cleaned mine so idk. It doesn’t pick up a musty smell. In my opinion wood effects the flavor a little though. I also sell titanium stems if you are interested.

green68beetle

the Ed’s tnt stem is great. I think most people just condition the wood to clean it. I had the same worry about mine, but I haven’t cleaned mine so idk. It doesn’t pick up a musty smell. In my opinion wood effects the flavor a little though. I also sell titanium stems if you are intereste
Do your titanium stems require a cooling unit, or work ok without?

green68beetle,
Top Bottom