• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TinyMight / TM 2

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I never charge mine directly, I always use an external charger. I believe that to be safer for the battery and the device. That being said I thought I would give it a try and see if the same thing was happening with my device. I first plugged the USB cable (they do send a nice one) into my computer and the TM didn't even get warm, but would probably take forever to charge with this method. Then I plugged it into a fast phone charger and it did get quite warm but not too hot to hold/touch. But this would only happen when it was charging, not when using it, and I don't think you can use it while it is charging anyway, so I am not clear why this is a problem. During normal use that plate never gets unusually hot tho the body gets quite warm and I usually let it cool down a bit between loads or after doing two loads in a row.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I agree about the charging, but the issue remains that the base and especially the button are too hot. He says the base is designed for heat dissipation that way. Thanks for letting me know it hasn't been your experience with the button. Do other users find that they have no such issues? If so I will get in touch with him.

Literally the first time I've seen a hot button or hot base issue brought up in this thread...

Joie de Vivre

Literally the first time I've seen a hot button or hot base issue brought up in this thread...
https://tinymightvape.com/index.php?route=extension/module/faq < The reason I know he says it is normal, the base when charging - I haven't contacted him. Maybe mine is too hot still, but it seems like I may be arguing the toss about it. There is similar on Reddit threads, however I am pretty fond of the TM, it is punchy. Just, hot. The button is unbearably hot in sessions, so I will have to follow it up with him. Thanks.

As for an external charger, I do as well, and I don't mind that as a fix, but it's still very much a drawback. Other elements of this device that I could question are the gaps in the build, specifically the body on mine is small in the frame, however I appreciate that I'm getting something that has been designed rustically and accessibly, and is powerful. That's cool. I just shouldn't need fixes and workarounds for something expensive.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I thought I would add that the charging heat problem that @Joie de Vivre mentions above might vary based on the battery you are charging, so I wanted to add that I was using a Samsung 30Q in my test.

It looks from the post directly above that this user is talking about heat while using the device, and that doesn't occur for me.

Jimmer144

Sargeant REG
For anyone who's thinking of sending their TM in for repair that lives in US, i sent my package back Mon evening and noticed it arrived in Finland at the service point this morn (Thurs). We will see how quick it comes back to me but i have a feeling it may be quicker than the 7-8 days it takes to order brand new.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
That kind of HEAT, could indicate a “short” or at least a BAD CONTACT. A loose wire in a standard 12/3 extension plug, can cause enough resistance and heat to melt the plug. Also, batteries don’t like getting HOT, even if it’s just sitting in the TM.

Zipford

I agree about the charging, but the issue remains that the base and especially the button are too hot. He says the base is designed for heat dissipation that way. Thanks for letting me know it hasn't been your experience with the button. Do other users find that they have no such issues? If so I will get in touch with him.
My base has gotten warm when charging internally, which as you note is apparently normal, but my button has never even seemed warm to me. Even when I'm using high temps and a 3 inch glass stem has gotten too hot to pull on. And I haven't noticed anyone else mention that in the past, so I think you have an issue that should be raised with TM.

Joie de Vivre

Once I have tried a new battery and if need be exchanged emails with the maker I'll be pleased to revisit this thread and update. I am new to this forum so I just want to thank everyone that there were no misunderstandings and only helpful replies!

Zipford

For anyone who's thinking of sending their TM in for repair that lives in US, i sent my package back Mon evening and noticed it arrived in Finland at the service point this morn (Thurs). We will see how quick it comes back to me but i have a feeling it may be quicker than the 7-8 days it takes to order brand new.
Having recently ordered and received a TM, I think the DHL shipping part of the equation is fairly quick, but it takes a few days for TM to get orders packed up for shipping. Honestly I notice this almost every time I order from someplace other than Amazon -- it takes most places more time to get orders ready to ship.

It reminds me of a saying about internet/computer speed: the slowest speed you can tolerate is the fastest you've ever experienced.

sanchezman

Commander in Kief
I have experienced unpleasantly high heat on the body during on-demand use (even when vaping at temps below 6), but near the battery door instead of on the base. In these cases, I always figured that gunk in the battery door threads was increasing electrical resistance and causing the excess heat. I've always seen it go away after giving the threads a good cleaning.

The one design change I'd like to see is the use of steel threaded inserts for the battery door, and making the door out of steel too. I have no evidence one way or another, but I feel like the slow gunk buildup on the threads is because aluminum is soft.

Last edited:

Jimmer144

Sargeant REG
Having recently ordered and received a TM, I think the DHL shipping part of the equation is fairly quick, but it takes a few days for TM to get orders packed up for shipping. Honestly I notice this almost every time I order from someplace other than Amazon -- it takes most places more time to get orders ready to ship.

It reminds me of a saying about internet/computer speed: the slowest speed you can tolerate is the fastest you've ever experienced.
Yep, i believe it is the processing aspect of it that takes TM like 3 days or so then it is shipped.

Jimmer144,

Djsleepy

Mine in repair got super hot at base and wood and then stopped producing heat at all. My back up gets warm but I know I do more back to back to back to back lol stems so I expect it to be warm but like I said above I had throw the unit in repair on the couch it was too hot in my hands! Have a good weekend!

TimeBomb0

Got a reply from tinymight on my combustion issue - they were able to diagnose it really easily because I provided a detailed description and pictures of both sides unscrewed and opened. They said the heater has been damaged and support structure probably broken. Going to send a repair in. Anyone know which shipper they use? UPS will ask me what I'm shipping, what do others usually tell the shipper in that situation?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Got a reply from tinymight on my combustion issue - they were able to diagnose it really easily because I provided a detailed description and pictures of both sides unscrewed and opened. They said the heater has been damaged and support structure probably broken. Going to send a repair in. Anyone know which shipper they use? UPS will ask me what I'm shipping, what do others usually tell the shipper in that situation?

They use DHL, you can use USPS or whatever, I highly recommend never using UPS for anything though because they are the biggest piece of shit company I've ever had any experience with, they've wasted so much of my time and energy this week on bullshit and I'm still trying to get some of my packages delivered... So yeah you just mentioned them at the wrong time, I'm going out of my way to talk trash about them at every opportunity and promote the UPS boycott so the company dies ASAP :D:cuss::lol::argh:

Djsleepy

Are they sending you labels? If yes all documents will have custom info filled out. Just pack and ship. I have only returned with their labels for repair.

QueefMonkey

Hey folks, after owning the TM for about a year, my wood body finally cracked along the direction of the grain. I never once dropped the device during my ownership. Maybe the heat cycles caused it to weaken over time. I have sent TM an email almost 4 weeks ago with ZERO response, along with a follow up email 2 weeks ago, again with zero response. I love my TM but this customer service is straight up BS. (at least respond to us to let us know that they have a huge influx of emails or something...) They will be getting a zero recommendation from me for this very reason. Would love to hear back from other users to see what their response times are with warranty emails.

Cheers.

Djsleepy

Hey folks, after owning the TM for about a year, my wood body finally cracked along the direction of the grain. I never once dropped the device during my ownership. Maybe the heat cycles caused it to weaken over time. I have sent TM an email almost 4 weeks ago with ZERO response, along with a follow up email 2 weeks ago, again with zero response. I love my TM but this customer service is straight up BS. (at least respond to us to let us know that they have a huge influx of emails or something...) They will be getting a zero recommendation from me for this very reason. Would love to hear back from other users to see what their response times are with warranty emails.

Cheers.
It took them a week to get in touch with me; and they Apologized for the long wait. I would try again and in all caps put “ request for labels”. It has been smoother in past but seems slower now imo. Don’t give up!

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
some people seem to coast through while others are ignored for a while, doesn't seem to be much rime or reason why some have a easier time. but everyone does get service eventually, I know its frustrating I was on the receiving end of tinymight service not for warranty but for recalibration instructions, sent a few emails and even tried instagram but it took over a month for them to respond. email them again with a very brief message along the lines of "tinymight wood body broken, not from fall, need warranty and shipping labels"

Top Bottom