TinyMight / TM 2

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Dang! My haptic motor stopped working again. I can’t tell if I entered the super secret stealth mode (light still works) or if the motor is again stuck in the housing. Ugh! If I interpret what was linked above about the ‘other’ stealth mode for the haptic feedback, there’s no way my TM could be in that mode - my temp dial never is on lowest or highest setting. Never. I received my TM in March 2020. It still works, better than fine, however no haptic feedback - and it’s like a dog losing its Pavlovian response mechanism. I’ve tried the palm slams again to no avail this time. Sigh… :peace:

Vaporific

Sounds like that long overdue overhaul can't be ignored much longer @Vaporific . Have you decided on a stain yet?
Indeed! It’s akin to open vape surgery and I’ll take my time with it, including sanding down the wood body, finally (I bought a few different grit sandpaper, all on the finer side). Not sure I’m staining it yet as I want to see how the sanding goes. I don’t mind the unstained wood but i won’t rule it out.

I recall something from one of the stealth mode instructions that removing the battery would reset the vape, but not sure if it’s applicable to the stealth light or stealth haptic feedback. This is where I’m confused. One or both of them mentioned lowest and highest temp settings which I never use so I’m unsure if I accidentally put my TM in either of those modes. I’ll remove the battery later after work to see if that helps. If not, the vape surgeon (me) will make a house call :) :peace:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
*ding ding ding* calling Dr vape!

Mr Bean Thumbs Up GIF

Djsleepy

There is no doubt in my mind there is a secret way to get into temp adj mode as it happened again w/out a change in temp knob as instructions say has to be done to enter mode. Weird .....well back up not sure where.my actual temps are compared.to when I first got but not burning up my product!

Last edited:

Vaporific

There is no doubt in my mind there is a secret way to get into temp adj mode as it happened again w/out a change in temp knob as instructions say has to be done to enter mode. Weird .....well back up not sure where.my actual temps are compared.to when I first got but not burning up my product!
Yeah, I may have accidentally entered some other mode but definitely not the temp calibration mode. I thought my TM was from the first gen TMs (arrived in my hands in March ‘20) and the older models supposedly only have one stealth mode. But what do I know? Therein lies my confusion. It’s not a big deal and I’m sure I’ll figure out my current haptic-less situation.

Is it Friday yet? What a day, wishful thinking…
:peace:

im not a robot

Yeah, I may have accidentally entered some other mode but definitely not the temp calibration mode. I thought my TM was from the first gen TMs (arrived in my hands in March ‘20) and the older models supposedly only have one stealth mode. But what do I know? Therein lies my confusion. It’s not a big deal and I’m sure I’ll figure out my current haptic-less situation.

Is it Friday yet? What a day, wishful thinking…
:peace:
as far as i know (how it works on mine) the only way to change the way stealth works (led or vibration) is by repeating the same inputs (on the models that support it, mine is from late feb 20) - first time it will turn off haptic feedback, 2nd time the lights (& turn haptic back on).
it is hard to not notice accidentally entering the temp adjustment menu - it feels positively weird

Djsleepy

Well
as far as i know (how it works on mine) the only way to change the way stealth works (led or vibration) is by repeating the same inputs (on the models that support it, mine is from late feb 20) - first time it will turn off haptic feedback, 2nd time the lights (& turn haptic back on).
it is hard to not notice accidentally entering the temp adjustment menu - it feels positively weird
That’s the thing my heater started running hot/ scorching my bud and my assumption (and I could be wrong) was that I entered the temp adjust mode( never saw white light or vibrate) somehow due to fact button hits/misses when turning off and on.
So I guess it is conceivable I had something else going on ( pls share if you think know) and have been playing with my temp adjust for no reason at all! Does anyone know how to adjust temp to original settings?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Does anyone know how to adjust temp to original settings?
I don't think there is a way to automatically go back to the original settings, but I reset mine to the middle choice (green light I think) and that seemed right to me. When my TM reset itself I DID get the white light and constant buzz, I just didn't yet know what that meant. And I had NOT done the set at zero and swing to 10 thing that TM describes in the TA mode instructions.

Djsleepy

I don't think there is a way to automatically go back to the original settings, but I reset mine to the middle choice (green light I think) and that seemed right to me. When my TM reset itself I DID get the white light and constant buzz, I just didn't yet know what that meant. And I had NOT done the set at zero and swing to 10 thing that TM describes in the TA mode instructions.
Thanks I’ll try green !

green light
Thank you good sir !

condition

Extra%20long%20stem-228x228.jpg

So I broke my WPA end of June. Immediately ordered a new one. I was thinking or ordering 2 but instead I bought the extra long stem as pictured above. Unfortunately I chose as shipping method the cheap one i.e. accessories only, costing 8 euro instead of 30 DHL, and from June 27th I received it yesterday (shipping from FIN to GR). The WPA received without basket screen but fortunately I kept the screen of broken WPA (imagine to wait for another month for just a screen).

The long stem on the other hand had its own screen, with minimal capacity and cannot be pushed further inside in view of the metal lid as pictured above and its not worth to overpack it, as the vapor is cooler if there is 1-2 mm free space between the herb and the heating element. So provided that its almost micro dosing, the taste was amazing, better than WPA with Jhook. I think its related to the glass spikes inside stem. Very good buy though. Its kind of difficult to find a lot of info in this thread, as by long stem members refer to the straight glass stem with the bolts as coolers.

ezpz

Extra%20long%20stem-228x228.jpg

The long stem on the other hand had its own screen, with minimal capacity and cannot be pushed further inside in view of the metal lid as pictured above and its not worth to overpack it, as the vapor is cooler if there is 1-2 mm free space between the herb and the heating element.
You can use a cup screen (cheap on eBay) in the long spiked stem. Suck in the herb, and cap it with rimmed basket screen.

Lazytechnician

I've tried an (albeit cheap) jHook from RogueWaxWorks, as well as a custom piece from Oregon glass blower.

I still ended up ordering 3 of the extra long 'official' Tinymight stems with dimples.

I found the jhook and custom piece ended in too whispy a vapour, which diluted the taste massively compared to the stock cooling unit. I also found the whole 2-piece design of the jhook pretty annoying with it swinging all over the place.

That, along with the flavour and denseness of vapour is what made me stick with the extra long stems for now

I have just put an order in for some of those new dimpled long straight stems from France though :brow:

(and still slightly tempted with an Ed's)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I've tried an (albeit cheap) jHook from RogueWaxWorks, as well as a custom piece from Oregon glass blower.

I still ended up ordering 3 of the extra long 'official' Tinymight stems with dimples.

I found the jhook and custom piece ended in too whispy a vapour, which diluted the taste massively compared to the stock cooling unit. I also found the whole 2-piece design of the jhook pretty annoying with it swinging all over the place.

That, along with the flavour and denseness of vapour is what made me stick with the extra long stems for now

I have just put an order in for some of those new dimpled long straight stems from France though :brow:

(and still slightly tempted with an Ed's)

Cool, always good to have a countering perspective! However that seems so odd to me, why in the world would the vapor be wispier through a hook?? For me and see me later everyone else here, if anything it is the opposite, with the complex steel cooling unit taking less away... Also I actually get thicker hits through my hooks than the extra long stem, it is a bit easier for me to take big cloudy hits in them, also a little better form factor for me personally (the TM never swings around for me, but it does entail two-handed use, unless it is the OGB sidecar hook which is like the other new French hooks -- btw I reached out to Nicholas to let him know there was enough demand in the US, he replied very detailed, I also threw out a new idea to make the hook with TM stem instead of a female joint as well and it seems like he will!) Anyway yeah, I know I didn't need to say anything, just couldn't hold my tongue when I find the flavor and density of the vapor to be superior through all my 14/18 glass female hooks and mouthpieces :2c: :tup:

Lazytechnician

Cool, always good to have a countering perspective! However that seems so odd to me, why in the world would the vapor be wispier through a hook?? For me and see me later everyone else here, if anything it is the opposite, with the complex steel cooling unit taking less away... Also I actually get thicker hits through my hooks than the extra long stem, it is a bit easier for me to take big cloudy hits in them, also a little better form factor for me personally (the TM never swings around for me, but it does entail two-handed use, unless it is the OGB sidecar hook which is like the other new French hooks -- btw I reached out to Nicholas to let him know there was enough demand in the US, he replied very detailed, I also threw out a new idea to make the hook with TM stem instead of a female joint as well and it seems like he will!) Anyway yeah, I know I didn't need to say anything, just couldn't hold my tongue when I find the flavor and density of the vapor to be superior through all my 14/18 glass female hooks and mouthpieces :2c: :tup:
Just to note that the extra long stem I refer to has no steel cooling unit inside at all, just a basket and dimples for cooling:

Shit Snacks

Just to note that the extra long stem I refer to has no steel cooling unit inside at all, just a basket and dimples for cooling:

Oh yeah, I knew what you were talking about, I have that one too, and don't get me wrong I like it a lot and would recommend it!! :spliff:

This is what made me think you were saying the standard cooling unit also gave you bolder flavor and denser vapor than a hook:
I found the jhook and custom piece ended in too whispy a vapour, which diluted the taste massively compared to the stock cooling unit.

Vaporific

I'm curious. Did that turn out to be the right setting for you?
For me, I’m not sure. I saw a green light and a white light (don’t go to the white light! - lol) along my travels and trials and tribulations last night but my haptic feedback is still silent. I tried additional palm banging too and I think it’s stuck however it’s plausible I put it into the silent mode but I really don’t see how. Of course I’m not sure I tried the correct sequence for the haptic stealth mode given my interpretation of the instructions: confused, and dazed and dazed and confused (:rockon:). I even removed the battery and put it in again to no avail. An overhaul and complete disassembly is around the corner. My TM works but just no haptic feedback. :peace:

Lazytechnician

Oh yeah, I knew what you were talking about, I have that one too, and don't get me wrong I like it a lot and would recommend it!! :spliff:

This is what made me think you were saying the standard cooling unit also gave you bolder flavor and denser vapor than a hook:
Oh my bad!

Yeah I meant the extra long stem at that point, not the stock cooling unit 🤦‍♂️

Apologies for the confusion!

Yeah, I was super glad to be able to get rid of all that metal work in the airpath, still looking for the golden bullet for out and about though (extra long stem is definitely a bit large for outdoors )

And just to clarify: I did find the jhook and ogb piece whispier than the extra long stem

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Oh my bad!

Yeah I meant the extra long stem at that point, not the stock cooling unit 🤦‍♂️

Apologies for the confusion!

Yeah, I was super glad to be able to get rid of all that metal work in the airpath, still looking for the golden bullet for out and about though (extra long stem is definitely a bit large for outdoors )

Ah okay yeah that makes much more sense! Need to use my extra long stem again now...

blorf

Hey guys, so I purchased a TM on 7/22 with my debit card and the payment was pending on my bank account statement for a few days. Then yesterday morning (7/27) I get an email saying the order status has been updated to ’shipped’. I go ahead and check the site and sure enough it says ‘7/27 Complete’ and below that ‘7/27 Shipped’. Yesterday my bank account still showed the payment as pending then today it seems like the money came back into my account and the payment statement is no where to be found? Anybody know anything about this?

blorf,
Reactions: BigJr48

Djsleepy

Hey guys, so I purchased a TM on 7/22 with my debit card and the payment was pending on my bank account statement for a few days. Then yesterday morning (7/27) I get an email saying the order status has been updated to ’shipped’. I go ahead and check the site and sure enough it says ‘7/27 Complete’ and below that ‘7/27 Shipped’. Yesterday my bank account still showed the payment as pending then today it seems like the money came back into my account and the payment statement is no where to be found? Anybody know anything about this?
Its all good, breathe.... its the process.we have all.gone thru . If it says shipped your.money will clear in a few.days. Welcome to the group!

I'm curious. Did that turn out to be the right setting for you?
Yes it put it back to what seems normal

blorf

Its all good, breathe.... its the process.we have all.gone thru . If it says shipped your.money will clear in a few.days. Welcome to the group!
Thank you for the welcome! And are you sure it’s normal for the money to come back into my account?

blorf,
Reactions: BigJr48
Top Bottom