TinyMight / TM 2

max63

Tinymight one month as received. it works like ak-47, just reliably and efficiently. Its author earned the first impression. On the forum, the majority indicated the same external defects, such as a digital dial mixed up and to the right. It looks like it's part of the design to emphasize the handiwork. But untreated wood is uncomfortable and dirty. Here they advised pouring oil and wax, is there an instruction for beginners? And the oil will not leak to the internal mechanisms of the tm? Wood experience zero.

max63,
Reactions: Tweakz

BestBuds

The Dude
Tinymight one month as received. it works like ak-47, just reliably and efficiently. Its author earned the first impression. On the forum, the majority indicated the same external defects, such as a digital dial mixed up and to the right. It looks like it's part of the design to emphasize the handiwork. But untreated wood is uncomfortable and dirty. Here they advised pouring oil and wax, is there an instruction for beginners? And the oil will not leak to the internal mechanisms of the tm? Wood experience zero.
You can get some Bomb ass butter . I use a soft cloth made for cleaning shoes and I wait till the end of a session so the TM is warm and I just rub a tiny bit on. Like you're putting chapstick on, You know what I mean? Not too much, but you want to make sure there is something to moisturize the wood. Once I rub the BAB in, I'll let it cool, then buff any excess off with a clean dry cloth or paper towel. I've never taken care of wood with the messy liquid oils. I've played bagpipes made of african blackwood and cocobolo for 13 years and use something that looks just like eds bomb ass butter. If you know anything about actual wood woodwind instruments you know how important wood care is.
I wouldn't forgive myself if I got oil in the electronics. :rip:

ezpz

I just rubbed beeswax on it till smooth. Maybe once a month for the first three months and as needed after that ( when rough). My TM is dark now. Some say it's dirty, I think it's uniquely beautiful. I'm no expert, I just like to use what I have (and I'm lazy).

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I just rubbed beeswax on it till smooth. Maybe once a month for the first three months and as needed after that ( when rough). My TM is dark now. Some say it's dirty, I think it's uniquely beautiful. I'm no expert, I just like to use what I have (and I'm lazy).
Every 2-3 months I apply a light amount of natural bees wax to my Tinymight. Ideally it would be best to do it unassembled to get the edges of the wood adjacent to the top and bottom plates but I’ve not disassembled mine for waxing, only fixing. I had been tempted to sand mine down and put a clear varnish on it, disassembled of course, but I’m a bit lazy too - and the stars never align and I don’t want to take it apart for the sake of doing so. It’s pretty easy though once you get the hang of it and keep everything in order. Or refer to the Bible on page 187 :). Cheers! :peace:

hopla

Hi everyone!
I was looking for tinymight’s Instagram account and a guy named Pipes said 4 days ago in the comment section they have closed door and no longer produce the tinymight.
Has anyone heard such a sad notice or is it a bad joke?

hopla,
  • Haha
Reactions: BestBuds

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Hi everyone!
I was looking for tinymight’s Instagram account and a guy named Pipes said 4 days ago in the comment section they have closed door and no longer produce the tinymight.
Has anyone heard such a sad notice or is it a bad joke?

I dont think thats accurate. Shipping thread has somebody whos went out today. Prob not even a bad joke just somebody who had a bad CS experience and cant get in touch with anybody. If you're not active on forums and such, I could see why one would think they closed up.

10/01/2021Pending
30/01/2021Complete
04/02/2021Shipped

hopla

Thank you for the fast answer.
I wondered because it’s a comment on their instagram and even if they are not very active on that platform they should have denied that kind of assertion.
As i can’t stop recommending the tinymight to people asking me which good portable vape to buy i just wanted to be sure that i’m not giving a bad advice ;) (and i’ll probably buy one too myself)

wastedpotential

Thank you for the fast answer.
I wondered because it’s a comment on their instagram and even if they are not very active on that platform they should have denied that kind of assertion.
As i can’t stop recommending the tinymight to people asking me which good portable vape to buy i just wanted to be sure that i’m not giving a bad advice ;) (and i’ll probably buy one too myself)
I currently cannot recommend the TinyMight, simply because of the customer service.
I love the device. But 2 weeks ago, my powerbutton stopped working. It just stays pushed in.

I took it apart and could not repair the issue.

So, I decided to try to get support.
First... There is NO info on the site on how to get support.
Email is auto-reply stating 'we are experiencing delays' or something like that.
Then, remembering that some here on FC used Instagram, I tried that... twice with no reply.

Back on their website, I stumbled upon HOW to start the return process. And I started that process only to not get any response. I return today to see that they are 'awaiting product', but there was no email notification, no instructions on how or where to send.

I could deal with the lack of communication IF there were instructions available on how best to get service.

Luckily I have my Crafty as a backup, but I feel for others that might make the TinyMight their only vape.

I'm patient and understand they are swamped, but this hassle to get service is not acceptable for basic users.

Note, I still love that the TM works consistently (if not broken), versus the Haze and Ghost nightmares. We were loving Haze and Ghost customer service, but they didn't last.

Sure, 2 weeks is not long as far as TM support goes, but that is still too long.

Djsleepy

I currently cannot recommend the TinyMight, simply because of the customer service.
I love the device. But 2 weeks ago, my powerbutton stopped working. It just stays pushed in.

Email is auto-reply stating 'we are experiencing delays' or something like that.
Then, remembering that some here on FC used Instagram, I tried that... twice with no reply.

Back on their website, I stumbled upon HOW to start the return process. And I started that process only to not get any response. I return today to see that they are 'awaiting product', but there was no email notification, no instructions on how or where to send.

I could deal with the lack of communication IF there were instructions available on how best to get service.

Luckily I have my Crafty as a backup, but I feel for others that might make the TinyMight their only vape.

I'm patient and understand they are swamped, but this hassle to get service is not acceptable for basic users.

Note, I still love that the TM works consistently (if not broken), versus the Haze and Ghost nightmares. We were loving Haze and Ghost customer service, but they didn't last.

Sure, 2 weeks is not long as far as TM support goes, but that is still too long.
If you would humor me my old friend send an email with subject NEED REPAIR
Then say in body Button pushed all the way in, need return labels to send in unit.
I know it sounds silly but I am those who believe the language barrier is tough and send less info with stuff all In caps seems to get there attention. Several of us have done this way and rec’d quicker response.

re: button I had same issue and there was a redesign on the button as both of my new ones are different. The first had the contact on board on stilts instead of secured to board?!!??!??!

hope it helps !

dzoinp

Accessory Maker

Well, I am not customer support...I'm just trying to help
When you had the bottom plate removed, did you manage to press the small switch directly? Did you hear/feel the click?
Does the little button that pushes the switch slide well on the plate?

Last edited:

Bazinga

Hopefully you will get a response in a reasonable time frame. Many others have. In my particular case I have yet to receive an adequate response. I first contacted TM on 11/30/20. I've tried multiple times since and again no response except for same the ones you received. After 2 months of absolutely no customer support I got fed up and tossed the device in the trash. I still have 1 TM that works. When the TMs work IMHO they are great devices.

trevytrev

Happy little clouds
So despite my initial thinking that just reseating the o ring sorted out my issue, I realised it was still not working as well. So I emailed asking for advice and was told to tighten the screw. It didn't even feel like it was in any way loose when I inserted the screwdriver but I still tightened it maybe an 1/8th of a turn until totally tight and it's now DEFINITELY back to normal, I just had to turn down to 5 as it was too much! So before disassembling, I'd suggest this first.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
So despite my initial thinking that just reseating the o ring sorted out my issue, I realised it was still not working as well. So I emailed asking for advice and was told to tighten the screw. It didn't even feel like it was in any way loose when I inserted the screwdriver but I still tightened it maybe an 1/8th of a turn until totally tight and it's now DEFINITELY back to normal, I just had to turn down to 5 as it was too much! So before disassembling, I'd suggest this first.
lol
I think that the bad contacts on the plates in several units may have to do with insufficient tightening of the main screw.:myday:

In my Tm (the most used, the other is kept in reserve) the main screw was not sufficiently tight and it was even possible to move the plates slightly. After having tightened it, the plates do not move and it was never necessary to clean these contacts.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks to @Ripstar for this lovely purple inception jayhook by O'Connell woodworks:

PXL-20210204-210404672.jpg

PXL-20210204-210415141.jpg

I can never decide if photos look better with or without the flash lol

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Thanks to @Ripstar for this lovely purple inception jayhook by O'Connell woodworks:

Bottom pic had the flash; top pic looks better to me. For a guy with “woodworks” in his title he makes some nice glass! Very nice pieces - use them well.

I bought cheap j hooks on Dhgate, one 14mm and one 18mm, and I haven’t used them yet with my Tinymight (with my Hoppers, yes). The stock stem and cooling unit are fine for me most of the time. So many options though! :peace:

SquirrelMaster

I thought I lost all my Tinymight o-rings and have been searching for days trying to retrace my steps. After running through the obvious spots I wondered if I put them somewhere weird so that they wouldn't be lost i.e. I was high and thought I had a good idea and then forgot what I did. Lo and behold they were at the back of a drawer I had searched a few times! I let out a very loud and triumphant fuck yeah! I still had usable stems but I needed new o-rings for my disassembled cooling unit that I stripped the insides from to use as caps that secure glass balls in my long stem. This is still my favorite setup after many months, the airflow is really wide open with good cooling and taste and the cooling units pieces are much more secure for holding the balls compared to basket screens. Highly recommend.

Tinymight told me they don't use a torque rating for the screw they just tighten it much as possible (within reason). I have no issues with mine and the screw is pretty tight so the strip looks dented when the top piece comes comes off. Glad that was all it took to get you back up and running.

While it's a pain to have to open up any vape to fix something, I'm very glad it's at least possible with the Tinymight. CS is still a rollercoaster ride for some unfortunately so it's good to have options.

Vaporware

Unless you’re using a professional camera and flash that you know how to use well, pictures almost never look as good with the flash on unless it is too dark to get a decent picture without it.

It’s sometimes worth a try to show specific details by bouncing light off of them, but it hurts most pictures it’s used on.

I think some newer phones are getting better at automatically adjusting the flash to deliver better results, but it’s still always best to get good light on your subject.

Your first pic’s fine. :)

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Yeas its starting to look like a contender. What are the fixes/updates on the new ones.

Don't know anything about updates/fixes. I've just seen too many positive reviews, and aside from a handful of problems with slow customer service it seems it's too good to pass up. So the thing that really changed is that I simply gave in to VAS; I've been looking at this vape for over a year, and Sneaky Pete, who is a friend and knows what I like, recommended one to me last summer.

I held out as long as I could.

Top Bottom