TinyMight / TM 2

Kaptan

I feel like my tinymight has been less effective lately. It is is good for one or two hits and that's it. Even though the unit is hot there's no vapour being produced. Has anyone else had this issue? When its good its a couple great hits but uneven abv and then nothing a whole lot of hot air with no vapor. After seeing all the CS issues I want to try and resolve here before sending back.
I have had this exact issue before. What resolved the problem for me was taking the device apart and slightly bending the metal band that is supposed to make contact with the top metal piece. I bent it slightly so when put back together the metal band will make good contact with the top piece. I believe this was illustrated about 6-7 pages back in this thread.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I feel like my tinymight has been less effective lately. It is is good for one or two hits and that's it. Even though the unit is hot there's no vapour being produced. Has anyone else had this issue? When its good its a couple great hits but uneven abv and then nothing a whole lot of hot air with no vapor. After seeing all the CS issues I want to try and resolve here before sending back.
The replies you've had already are worth looking into, before you take the unit apart though give the threads (both male and female) on the battery cover a really good clean with an iso soaked qtip. Keep going until the grey residue stops coming off.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
So about a week or two ago, I noticed the battery compartment lid sticking for the first time as I turned it and it was no longer smooth at all...very gritty, sticking at points, against my better judgement I used a key to turn it a couple of times. That ended up working fine besides a bit of marking on the slot. I realize this is definitely not advised, but I am part Polish and very thick headed...

I could run my finger along the threads and feel what seemed like burrs, finally got around to trying to clean it up last night. I SWEAR I ordered some of that blue tak a while ago, I even found it in my amazon past orders, but nowhere to be found anywhere in the house. I had also ordered some de-oxit, which came with the contact cleaner and the "enhancer" so I cleaned and enhanced the shit out of the cap and threads with the included brush and cloth.

I was also simultaneously soaking my stems, CUs, even went as far as to soak the heater screen and aluminum tube this time, so I haven't had the chance to do a functions test, but immediately noticed a huge difference checking to see how the "burrs" came out. It may not have been burrs, just a decent amount of oxidation that had built up cause wiping it clean with the rag, such a small amount of surface area produced a good amount of gunk on the rag.

Now I'm curious if there will be any noticeable change in performance. We'll see!

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
DO IT! DO IT!
Looks like the only reasonable priced 18mm wishbone is dhgate so I won't be playing any time soon :(
There is no way you wouldn’t literally cough up a Lung !!!
Probably but having 2 tinymights and not playing with them is like having a pool and only ever getting in by the ladder, sometimes you have to do a cannonball lol

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Looks like the only reasonable priced 18mm wishbone is dhgate so I won't be playing any time soon :(

Probably but having 2 tinymights and not playing with them is like having a pool and only ever getting in by the ladder, sometimes you have to do a cannonball lol

Not really sure what constitutes reasonably priced for a wishbone, this may not even be considered a wishbone, but it is a 2 into 1....

Assuming thats what you're talking about lol.

BrianTL,

Bad Dog

Not really sure what constitutes reasonably priced for a wishbone, this may not even be considered a wishbone, but it is a 2 into 1....
Yeah that would work fine but I'm not in the US and the only local option I know is Sneaky Pete's vape north store but it's 14 and though I have 2 oem stems there's no way I could make that work, need to be able to speed up towards the end of my hit and they have to much restriction for me. Not a lot of Canadian options

Kaptan

Yeah that would work fine but I'm not in the US and the only local option I know is Sneaky Pete's vape north store but it's 14 and though I have 2 oem stems there's no way I could make that work, need to be able to speed up towards the end of my hit and they have to much restriction for me. Not a lot of Canadian options
Maybe eBay will have shipping options to Canada?

Kaptan,
Reactions: macbill

BrianTL

Westchester, NY

Ah, here I am thinking less than 30 days out from 2021, Amazon would be set up in Canada. Silly me...

I'm sure theres a friendly Canadian on here who would know where to find an 18mm wishbone?

BrianTL,

kadjo

I have had this exact issue before. What resolved the problem for me was taking the device apart and slightly bending the metal band that is supposed to make contact with the top metal piece. I bent it slightly so when put back together the metal band will make good contact with the top piece. I believe this was illustrated about 6-7 pages back in this thread.
THANK YOU!! @Kaptan

I think it worked. Put a small piece of wood under the contact. Went pretty smooth. Test running today!

Djsleepy

Just received my first j hook from China... Why did it takes me so long to pick one of these up! Really enjoying the open all glass vapour path so far 😍
Where did you get yours from? Thinking of getting one so if I understand I have a TM 18mm WPA .... so I use that and put jhook on top (so get19 mm?) and viola! Do I have it right?

Djsleepy,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Where did you get yours from? Thinking of getting one so if I understand I have a TM 18mm WPA .... so I use that and put jhook on top (so get19 mm?) and viola! Do I have it right?
I believe you've got the understanding.
The 18mm wpa fits into an 18mm j-hook (or water piece). The "18" and "19" designations are sometimes interchanged, but in this business they are the same joint. (I think the actual number may be fractional, between the two?)

vapviking,
Reactions: Djsleepy

JonServo

Hope everybody is well. Just wanted to pop in to say I've used the CU without the nuts and bolts for a couple of months now. I've been using this setup with the short stem. While this may not work for everyone, I don't typically do 3 or 4 loads in a sesh, so I've had no problems with overly hot stems or vapor.

Far less cleaning/maintenance (and slightly better airflow) is a nice win.

Bad Dog

Tried the capsule again in the stem it's tight in and I had a better experience, was able to get a few good hits the way I like them out of the load but the punch is diminished overall. Still it wasn't bad and if I didn't have to push the cu to get it out they would be convenient, if only it came out with the flick of the wrist or tapping it like your ashing off a j. On the positive side avb was very even and throughly extracted with no green unlike using the stem and cu if you don't stir and I don't but for those whom the slight waste is unacceptable but also refuse to stir the vape, capsules are a good option. And they do keep the stem cleaner, cutting down the smell in your pocket so I guess there's that as well. If I had a stem they seated in but I could easily get them out I might grab some capsules but you really need that goldilocks stem to make them truly convenient.
96CB9A3E-2CFB-43B4-8F67-CAB726244794.jpeg

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Tried the capsule again in the stem it's tight in and I had a better experience, was able to get a few good hits the way I like them out of the load but the punch is diminished overall. Still it wasn't bad and if I didn't have to push the cu to get it out they would be convenient, if only it came out with the flick of the wrist or tapping it like your ashing off a j. On the positive side avb was very even and throughly extracted with no green unlike using the stem and cu if you don't stir and I don't but for those whom the slight waste is unacceptable but also refuse to stir the vape, capsules are a good option. And they do keep the stem cleaner, cutting down the smell in your pocket so I guess there's that as well. If I had a stem they seated in but I could easily get them out I might grab some capsules but you really need that goldilocks stem to make them truly convenient.
View attachment 4229

Great follow up review. I’ve tried a few, and my experience mimics yours, in the end far too inconvenient, unless you need the few side benefits.

Bad Dog

Thank you kindly good sir :D They aren't without some appeal but at the same time I'm not rushing to pick more up

Top Bottom