• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TinyMight / TM 2

KVVS

im not talking about the temperature of the batteries here, im talking about lifetime after high amp draw for multiple cycles on higher settings.
The TM is probably using about ~25 amps on setting 10 considering its 70watt heater, which is above or at the CDR of the VTC6 and might impact lifetime, i have seen some reports of this on reddit.
However i tested my VTC6 after a month of daily usage in my analyzer which didnt impact the rating... so i cant say ive noticed it and currently i dont use the supplied VTC6.
But its the reason why i would recommend higher amp batteries, especially when people use the TM on higher settings a lot. (I have mine at 8,5 standard and just dont fully heat up the first few hits)

KVVS,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I consider the VTC6 a high amp discharge cell – as I hinted, I don't look at cell tests every day and rather go by official specs and personal experience. I've been rotating two VTC6s for almost a year now and I'm beginning to ponder purchasing a new set just now (seems like I get less sessions per charge nowadays), while my brandnew 30Qs made the TM shut down after three or four sessions always (that's worse than my VTC6s now). So even if the 30Q has better results in some test, I'm still not using them. The TM site says the VTC6 have been tested for the TM and has been considered to be the best available; we don't know what parameters exactly made him choose them, but I honestly just trust his judge – after all he created the device. :-)

But again: I don't think it's dangerous or stuff to test other cells at all (as long as they are coming from a legit source of course).

Siebter,
Reactions: sag

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Where in the world are you? I'm sure we can give you some good sources.

That is true, the VTC6s max. discharge rate drops a lot when they get a bit hotter, however, even directly after a session the ones in my TM never got more than luke warm, so I guess it's not an issue here.
Israel

m0sh

Thanks!

The only thing that is worrying me is the battery label, its not the same one as the one that comes with the unit.
My VTC6 that I bought are real but they are from before Sony bought the company that makes the batteries and when i weight them out they were 3 grams lighter!
But I guess we'll find out, shipping is cheap thankgod, but I can pick it up for free from a random city here LOL

m0sh,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
The only thing that is worrying me is the battery label, its not the same one as the one that comes with the unit.

Are you referring to the printing on the wrapping? Don't worry, all good, the picture shows a Sony VTC6, the TM comes with a Murata VTC6; Murata took over Sonys battery manufacturing a while ago. Same factory, same cell. Then there's different batch numbers etc.

m0sh

Are you referring to the printing on the wrapping? Don't worry, all good, the picture shows a Sony VTC6, the TM comes with a Murata VTC6; Murata took over Sonys battery manufacturing a while ago. Same factory, same cell. Then there's different batch numbers etc.

Good, if you bought any from them and can weight them, it would be helpful :D
If not, I'm going to take your word for it.

Cheers!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Here in the US I use:
https://www.illumn.com/ and

...and only these vendors. I'm sure there are other good vendors, but I have used these 3 and always gotten exactly what I ordered, along with good prices.

Maybe we could move this discussion to one of the battery threads...

mephisto

Do all TM utilize the glass sleeve inside the chamber the stem slides into? Any hacks for fixing the haptic feedback? Kind of tough to say that my fully functional unit is; lacking a tight seal at the stem, and zero haptic feedback. Good thing I don't have to ship this halfway round the world to get it repaired, fuck......wait. Only thing a man has these days is his word, everything else is shite....

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Do all TM utilize the glass sleeve inside the chamber the stem slides into? Any hacks for fixing the haptic feedback? Kind of tough to say that my fully functional unit is; lacking a tight seal at the stem, and zero haptic feedback. Good thing I don't have to ship this halfway round the world to get it repaired, fuck......wait. Only thing a man has these days is his word, everything else is shite....

No, there's a glass sleeve around the heater, but the stems slide into an aluminum sleeve above it...

There definitely were some haptic feedback hack fixes mentioned for people who had that issue come up!

Sorry your TM is acting up bud, hope you can get it sorted out easily!

mephisto

Thanks Shitty! This is my 2nd TM. So, there is no inner glass sleeve that lines the stem chamber? I thought I read reports of folks breaking this when removing or over tightening when installing. There is too much clearance at the base/coil area and the stem walks sideways a bit when fully engaged. This unit has been cracked open, I believe. The led flashes out the side all the way around the unit. I guess I will be cracking it open to solve issue(s). Good thing I paid well above the price of a new unit for a broken one.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks Shitty! This is my 2nd TM. So, there is no inner glass sleeve that lines the stem chamber? I thought I read reports of folks breaking this when removing or over tightening when installing. There is too much clearance at the base/coil area and the stem walks sideways a bit when fully engaged. This unit has been cracked open, I believe. The led flashes out the side all the way around the unit. I guess I will be cracking it open to solve issue(s). Good thing I paid well above the price of a new unit for a broken one.

Can you share photos?

that inner glass sleeve that you are referring to, that had cracked for people, is not the stock setup. It comes with an aluminum tube, I remember that glass sleeve was offered on the website later...

There is quartz glass around the heater itself though, that is not accessible unless you're unscrewing stuff. And there has not really been many if any reports of that cracking or breaking here I can recall? Maybe one or two people

So you bought it secondhand?

Ripstar

I was almost appalled at their packaging of mine....and also suprised nothing was broke, that I know of YET.

Ripstar,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
There definitely were some haptic feedback hack fixes mentioned for people who had that issue come up!
Regarding the haptic feedback issue or lack thereof, there are three options:

1. Bang the Tinymight until it works (NOT RECOMMENDED)
2. Open it up and make sure the hammer/gong thingy in the rubber or plastic housing is a bit loose and free
3. Send it in for repair.

I did #2 above with just a little prodding, nothing more, and it worked again. It’s the ONLY time I’ve disassembled my TM in the 6+ months I’ve had it. Hope this helps. :peace:

trevytrev

Happy little clouds
Hey all, has anyone tried vaping hash in their TM? And I mean old school squidgy hash. I feel like it probably won't work and would be messy but I have been offered some really good quality hash and I would love to try it.

trevytrev

Happy little clouds
Hey Trev, I often put little disks of finger hash in with a load of flower, but not on its own. I think of you used it upside down it should be ok. Or you could wrap some in some organic cotton or hemp fibre if you have any.
Cool thanks! I thought that maybe somehow wrapping it flower could work, in fact as I type I just thought the capsules would potentially be really good for that as it would be contained.

I guess other option is to press rosin but that's all new to me!

trevytrev,
Reactions: Cheebsy
Top Bottom