TinyMight / TM 2

ephemera.cannon

My power button busted recently. I haven't opened up the bottom of the device yet, but I'm hoping it's just not seated properly in it's housing or something. I'm going to start backtracking through this thread to see if I can find anyone that's experienced the same issue, but if anyone can either point me to relevant post(s) or detail their experience getting it fixed I'd appreciate it. Hoping to avoid sending the device back for repair if this can be easily and effectively resolved on my own.

ephemera.cannon,

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
My units 100% fixed. He sent me instructions last night. Took a nice long 12-15 second draw on 7 and enjoyed it SO MUCH. FINALLY.
Good to hear! Care to share the instructions? Asking for a friend ;)
My power button busted recently. I haven't opened up the bottom of the device yet, but I'm hoping it's just not seated properly in it's housing or something. I'm going to start backtracking through this thread to see if I can find anyone that's experienced the same issue, but if anyone can either point me to relevant post(s) or detail their experience getting it fixed I'd appreciate it. Hoping to avoid sending the device back for repair if this can be easily and effectively resolved on my own.
If it is just not seated it should be pretty easy to loosen the screw at the bottom and re-seat it.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
If it is just not seated it should be pretty easy to loosen the screw at the bottom and re-seat it.
It’s not more difficult than that. The lone time I took mine apart there was little in that area you can adjust. The button will come out with it disassembled. Make sure connections appear to be OK. Just be careful putting things back together. That’s all I can posit at this point (back to work!) :peace:

EDIT: page 187 for teardown pics (I’ve committed this to memory!)

ephemera.cannon

Thanks. I do recall those page 187 pics. :)

Sadly, it looks like the power post on the PCB is bent backwards (at about a 45 degree angle) instead of being completely vertically oriented. Grappling with whether I try to bend it back in place or get the RMA started now.

ephemera.cannon,

Bazinga

Murf - One of my TMs produces no vapor until I place the dial on 8. Do you know if the instructions you provided will address my problem? My other TM produces great vapor at 5 and I generally take the last 2 hits at 7.

Bazinga,

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
Last time I checked those instructions were meant to be non public.

Why would instructions for repairing a device be private?

This is something that could help other members.

Yet again, you show that you're VERY INVESTED in protecting the TM guy. Not so invested in helping other members 👎

yuck 🤮

VapeEnthusiast,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
You will have to ask the company about it, not me. I am not the company.

This is something that could help other members.
It could also lead to a device not working at all – it's not meant to be public, that's all I say. It was not my decision, I am not the company.

Yet again, you show that you're VERY INVESTED in protecting the TM guy.
Protecting from what? What childish conspiracy theory are you referring to here? There has been a broad agreement in this thread not only from me to not release these instructions to the public.

Not so invested in helping other members
Let me take this opportunity to thank *you* for all the contributions and help we've seen from you. Thank you.

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
Protecting from what?

Criticism, obviously. You jump in and shoot down CS issues all the time. You also now apparently take offense to repair information being made public.

What childish conspiracy theory are you referring to here?

Conspiracy? I'm pointing out that you give out biased information and also seem to want to keep community members in the dark. No conspiracy, just fact!

Let me take this opportunity to thank *you* for all the contributions and help we've seen from you. Thank you.

No problem. I think that keeping the community apprised of unscrupulous buisness practices is of the utmost importance! Pointing out members who defend those practices is just as important IMO.

VapeEnthusiast,

ephemera.cannon

Because the nature of the process is error prone and shouldn't be pursued without understanding the implications. It's not uncommon for their to be "hidden" functionality on devices that isn't well publicized.

I find the vast majority of individuals here to be extremely helpful.

Why are you so confrontational? It seems like you have an axe to grind and it's not a good look. Take a puff, relax and enjoy your day.

angular ocelot

Criticism, obviously. You jump in and shoot down CS issues all the time. You also now apparently take offense to repair information being made public.

Conspiracy? I'm pointing out that you give out biased information and also seem to want to keep community members in the dark. No conspiracy, just fact!

No problem. I think that keeping the community apprised of unscrupulous buisness practices is of the utmost importance! Pointing out members who defend those practices is just as important IMO.
siebter has taken a lot of time to help people with problems and queries on this thread, all you have done is make the same complaints over and over again. you are helping no one.

murf2010

I posted it because members here have issues with this device and cannot for the life of them get help. These instructions are for units that are coming from the factory too hot. My unit came +3 steps up from factory settings.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
siebter has taken a lot of time to help people with problems and queries on this thread, all you have done is make the same complaints over and over again. you are helping no one.
I second that motion - @Siebter has always been helpful nor do I discern any hidden agenda. I’ve learned a lot from him and many others herein - and hope to continue to do so.

P80, huh? I may have a touch of VAS-19. The Tinymight rules my roost for the time being... :lmao::peace:

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
Because the nature of the process is error prone and shouldn't be pursued without understanding the implications. It's not uncommon for their to be "hidden" functionality on devices that isn't well publicized.

Completely invalid reason. People suggest risky fixes and mods here all the time. Everyone is an adult, or so I hope. Attach a disclaimer and move on.

Why are you so confrontational? It seems like you have an axe to grind and it's not a good look. Take a puff, relax and enjoy your day.

???

I've received DMs from people who are banned from this thread. There is an entire community of disillusioned TM owners who are not allowed to post here because any criticism of TM CS will result in you being banned from the thread.

I'm just watching out for other customers (LIKE ME) who are completely dissatisfied with the TM as well as its CS.

I wasted $250. Nobody else should have to without knowing about the buisness they are supporting!

ephemera.cannon

Looks like that power post on the PCB is no longer soldered on the front size. Bummer. Wondering if I should just buy another now to minimize the amount of time I'm TM-less. Was planning on snagging a couple of fam' and friends anyway.

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
Last time I checked those instructions were meant to be non public.
Didn't mean to stoke a fire or re-ignite conspracy theories!

There have been a few here that have wanted to instructions, just to have the knowledge at this point. Hopefully the will be no need for me or most of the rest of us to use them, but I appreciate having the know-how and not needing to rely on TM guy, who may not be available in a time of need.

Last edited by a moderator:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Why do you have to keep coming in here and stirring shit? @Siebter does a great job answering questions and helping people. @ephemera.cannon is exactly right that it is likely a bad idea for people who have no idea of the potential consequences to be dicking around under the hood. You do nothing for noone. You make no useful contribution. Why don't you find a political forum to haunt and leave us TM users alone?

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
There is an entire community of disillusioned TM owners who are not allowed to post here because any criticism of TM CS will result in you being banned from the thread.
Sorry but that's a disingenuous statement. There are pages upon pages of criticisms. As always we welcome constructive criticism here as long as it's posted in a respectful way and isn't just the same thing being repeated over and over. The forum rules make this clear.

There is currently one member disallowed from posting in this thread. That was done after many warnings were ignored.

Tough call on the programming information that was not meant to be public. Understandable that a company doesn't want users to unknowingly mess up their devices. Maybe what we can do is edit out the information. If members share it via private means there's nothing we can do about that.

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
@cybrguy are you trying to start an argument? Fine. Let me define it.

Why are you defending a vape that...

-vapes unevenly

-tastes terrible (low quality wood)

-has no CS

I don't understand. Further, why are you concerned that new users might learn about these issues?

I would have liked to have been steered away from this vape, but the thread is horribly misleading.

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
I wasted $250. Nobody else should have to without knowing about the buisness they are supporting!

Why don't you sell it and get your money back? You should have no problem unloading it if you are that unhappy.
Tough call on the programming information that was not meant to be public. Understandable that a company doesn't want users to unknowingly mess up their devices. Maybe what we can do is edit out the information. If members share it via private means there's nothing we can do about that.
Sounds reasonable to me.

Top Bottom