TinyMight / TM 2

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I don’t think overnight soaking in ISO is necessary unless severely gunked up. If the Cooling Unit and stem sustain normal usage, brief soaks are sufficient. Particularly with respect to orings and the like. If you’re using a higher percentage of ISO (e.g. 91%) perhaps a shorter soak than 70%. Grain alcohol (95%) which I’ve used during the pandemic due to lack of ISO availability works well too and I’ve done short soaks with it. I take everything - CU and stem and screen though I’ve gone naked sans screens lately - apart and soak all in a baggie for 30-60 mins, rinse in a small mesh strainer under hot water, shake out water well, and let dry on a towel. Voila. Easy.

indeed having a spare CU and stem is advantageous for all the above reasons: while cleaning, a pre-packed one for on-the-go or with a different strain, for a friend (yeah, multi-person sessions went out the window with COVID-19), etc.

I gotta say the TM still rocks - every single time - 6+ months and counting for me. This is one awesome vape. I prefer it over all my others, plain and simple. The stock short stem and CU suit me just fine and more than fine. Just got my new 18650 battery holder sleeve for 4 cells (I have 3), I’m all good! :peace::peace:

Last edited:

Djsleepy

I did one battery test for one of my VTC6's and then starting a session it died, I needed to medicate and my Elev8r hasn't left my desk since :lol:. I'll be back to the TM shortly.

I have been storing the Tinymight at room temperature but using it in cooler ambient temperatures varying from 4ºC/39ºF - 6ºC/43ºF which would be a little harder on the battery. I was starting each bowl at temp 5 and then going to 6 and or 7 near the end if I needed to. If you're starting at a higher temperature your battery life will be better because of less puffs to finish a bowl. Also, no stirring allowed! My ABV comes out a light to medium brown. Because the time I recorded included the pre-heat and time spent inhaling my first draw was always the shortest at roughly 13 seconds where as subsequent draws were up to 17~ seconds once the device was warm.

I was able to vape 5 bowls and then my device died 15 seconds into the first hit of a fresh bowl on temp 6.

Session #1
6 draws at temp 5
3 draws at temp 6
1 draw at temp 7

Session #2
3 draws at temp 5
4 draws at temp 6

Session #3
5 draws at temp 5
2 draws at temp 6
1 draw at temp 7

Session #4
5 draws at temp 5
2 draws at temp 6

Session #5
4 draws at temp 5
3 draws at temp 6
1 draw at temp 7

Session #6
1 partial draw at temp 6

Number of times button was depressed with each press lasting 20 seconds (except the last) for heating up and inhaling.
Temp 5 - 23 presses - 460 seconds
Temp 6 - 15 presses - 295 seconds
Temp 7 - 3 presses - 60 seconds
40 Total presses - 13 minutes and 35 seconds
Man thanks for doing this, I was curious, get so baked off this bad boy I forget how many hits I’ve gotten and start to worry somethings wrong/dirty, but this seems on point with me ......just a lot more lol! I know that dryness of bud, different strains produce different results as any other vape. This thing HITS , EVERY single time!
My VAS is screaming to buy another one as I killed my second coil in my FF2+ and will now have two units in shop( been a month waiting on first)! Did my first Water today with TM .... Love it!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Man thanks for doing this, I was curious, get so baked off this bad boy I forget how many hits I’ve gotten and start to worry somethings wrong/dirty, but this seems on point with me ......just a lot more lol! I know that dryness of bud, different strains produce different results as any other vape. This thing HITS , EVERY single time!
My VAS is screaming to buy another one as I killed my second coil in my FF2+ and will now have two units in shop( been a month waiting on first)! Did my first Water today with TM .... Love it!
A second unit certainly never HURT anybody.

my first water hit with it was like last week. It was epic.

glad all of your efforts to research and prepare while you waited paid off! I had a feeling it would live up to your expectations.

Vaporific

This thing HITS , EVERY single time!
Amen :D It’s a DopeCannon(TM)!

When I first started vaping 7-8 years ago I thought ISO 91% was optimal and I’ve held that belief until recently. ISO 70% works well too, just need to soak a bit longer that’s all. With the pandemic ISO was out of stock locally though 70 is back on the shelves in limited quantities (and I still have some grain alcohol to use up which works on par with ISO 91). If something is truly gunked and fouled up and ISO won’t work, I’d use PBW for glass (not necessarily metal or plastic - never tried it on those but if mild enough it might work). If done carefully a dishwasher may clean these parts too though I’d leave the CU assembled (a vape veteran in another thread suggested the dishwasher for plastic mouthpieces, don’t see why it wouldn’t work with the TM’s parts).

My only ‘want’ at this point would be a third party stem with a tapered mouthpiece with inherent cooling OR which the native Cooling Unit fits into. How I LOVE the Cooling unit - amazing! :peace:

SquirrelMaster

If anything the battery lasts another minute worth of usage as there were a few times the high was setting in and I zoned the fuck out :ko: :leaf:. I'll repeat my test with both of my other VTC6s and a couple Molicel 26A's for fun though they are used in other devices primarily. I wish I would have done this when I first received everything so I could track the cells and see how they degrade over time with use. I had to switch out stems between my third and fourth because my long stem was clogged right up. I went to my shorty ball stem and it was a world of difference. I'll be very tempted to get another if Sneaky Pete ever carries them. I want a different wood and I could have access to the tools needed to make a body. A cocobolo Tinymight would make my day :D. I fricken love wood.

BestBuds

The Dude
I'll be very tempted to get another if Sneaky Pete ever carries them. I want a different wood and I could have access to the tools needed to make a body. A cocobolo Tinymight would make my day :D. I fricken love wood.
I did this to my original TM. Now that I have a second one I'm trying to think of some ideas of what to put on it. As far as special wood I would love to see a burl or a black wood with blacked out metal. :love:
vmbnk2led15lg5sr.jpg

SquirrelMaster

I did this to my original TM. Now that I have a second one I'm trying to think of some ideas of what to put on it. As far as special wood I would love to see a burl or a black wood with blacked out metal. :love:
vmbnk2led15lg5sr.jpg
I really like your engraving, I remember you had an issue with that device which you must have gotten fixed up? Ohhhh yeah that would look nice, I can never say to a burl and dark caps would look great!

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: BestBuds

Vaporific

I really like your engraving, I remember you had an issue with that device which you must have gotten fixed up? Ohhhh yeah that would look nice, I can never say to a burl and dark caps would look great!
@slayyou - ahem. Dark caps for the masses! You have a couple of folks lined up (not me). Love what creative folks are doing with their Tinymights! Though I’ve taken mine apart once - and it was pretty easy including putting it together - I’m not at all interested in doing it again for the sake of customizing or sanding/staining my unit. If I get a second TM then perhaps the first would be subject to customization. :peace:

slayyou

@slayyou - ahem. Dark caps for the masses! You have a couple of folks lined up (not me). Love what creative folks are doing with their Tinymights! Though I’ve taken mine apart once - and it was pretty easy including putting it together - I’m not at all interested in doing it again for the sake of customizing or sanding/staining my unit. If I get a second TM then perhaps the first would be subject to customization. :peace:
It's very close now, just chipping away at some of the details, so far I'm very happy with the button, I managed to eliminate the rattle and increase the apparent button travel, feels great! I'm debating whether it makes sense to engineer a way to attach a stash container in a sleek manner. If the TM get's a herb stash, it turns into a fully self-contained mobile session that you can just grab and go. Thoughts?

Last edited:

M3 Element

Are extra o-strings even necessary? Have any of you actually needed to replace them or do y’all just get them for peace of mind in case you do need them?

M3 Element,
Reactions: arb

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Are extra o-strings even necessary? Have any of you actually needed to replace them or do y’all just get them for peace of mind in case you do need them?

I doubt many of us had to replace the red tube holder o ring yet, but the cooling units o rings are tiny and rather thin. I admit mine are still alive after almost a year now, but that's probably because I'm extra careful with them. A bag of o rings doesn't cost much and will last a while.

SquirrelMaster

Piece of mind but I'm also rocking the original clear o-rings which could be easier to lose and are more flimsy. If you're not cleaning near a drain to wash them down by accident you'd probably be fine. The main stem o-ring should never have an issue.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Still in my original o rings except one which fell foul to a moment of curiosity combined with stupidity when I tried to make something seal in the stem that shouldn't have been there! Definitely a piece of mind purchase but worth it when you need to order from another country. The manufacturer isn't the most generous when it comes to spare screens and o rings etc in the standard pack.

PossumMD

I guess now is a good time to finish the story arc that was my initial complaint a month or two ago. I got a free unit. Didn't have to send my broken one in, they just sent a new one with bonus stems and cu. I didn't even think I'd complained that much, I sent an email every week or so. Not complaining with the result though. Might have a crack at fixing the original one...

justcametomind

After a week of testing I have to say that TM is very effective and fun to use.
At first I experimented a lot with on demand mode, but now I only use session mode. All I do now are short sessions of 2/3 hits to kill a small WPA bowl using the rounded screen (approx 120mg). Lately, temp 7,5, I don't get the blackened scorched ring on top of the bowl and I'm happy of it.
I really hate having to stir or getting semi-combustion flavor and doing small bowls imho minimizes the issue.
Hopefully I'll soon be mailed with TM capsules, Mistvape compatibles with tray, and Jackpods+tray (just a week long turnaround for my TMvape.com accessories order from placed to shipped order). I'm addicted to capsules since they came out on S&B vapes.
My worries using the TM are dropping it, and pushing too much the insert and thus dislodging the heater. I do it very slowly and carefully.

Vaporware

20201021-104316.jpg

The battery on the bottom is the original one while the top one i bought. Original lasts far longer, are they not the same?

All 4 of my VTC6s look like the bottom one. I’m not an 18650 expert, but I’d at least suspect you might have picked up a counterfeit since I know there are a lot of them out there, the markings are different, and it’s not performing the same for you.

Did you buy it directly from a reputable vendor? Does it even say Sony it Murata on it anywhere?

GoldenBud

@m0sh i had 2 versions of VTC6 like you got. the newer batteries got the '144' on the right like you have. both of them were great.

did you test the weight of both batteries? is it the same?

GoldenBud,
Reactions: m0sh

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
All 4 of my VTC6s look like the bottom one. I’m not an 18650 expert, but I’d at least suspect you might have picked up a counterfeit since I know there are a lot of them out there, the markings are different, and it’s not performing the same for you.

Did you buy it directly from a reputable vendor? Does it even say Sony it Murata on it anywhere?

I would say they are fine, but they sold a horrible charger that is not safe to use...so....

I can't find the original vtc6 in my country and right now shipping from overseas is not working in most of the places

@m0sh i had 2 versions of VTC6 like you got. the newer batteries got the '144' on the right like you have. both of them were great.

did you test the weight of both batteries? is it the same?

OMG there is a difference, the original one weights 46.79g while the ones i bought 43.0g !!!

So is that a fake?

Top Bottom