• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TinyMight / TM 2

Temple

So now we just need to get someone to start making these. Glass screen with glass beads trapped in a glass tube. This would be simple cleaning, very good vapor cooling and could be pretty compact.

Last edited:

JoeKickass

Hi, is there a steel stem that I can use instead of the glass one? Is the stem glass unbreakable?
Even if you found one, there is a glass sleeve inside the TM that will break first. I found that out the hard way, check my posts for pics, but the glass stem is not the weak point.

Basically, you might break the inner glass sleeve eventually just due to normal use, no need to worry about the thick glass stem. Just stock up on those inner sleeves and save this vape for special occasions to get the most life you can out of it.

clive_bob

I received an email reply from David at TM today, 8/15 saying to send it for repair. I will be shipping it 8/17. I will follow up with results so that those concerned will know how long of a turnaround to expect.
I'm not sure about the proper protocol to continue a previous post. I finally received a reply from TinyMight today, 10/18. It included what I believe to be a prepaid label for DHL (when I priced shipping to Finland it was well over $100 one way). So I plan on sending it on its way tomorrow.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Got my mistvape capsules today.
Now I can truly say: the tinymight capsules are worth the money! Build quality is better. The caps of the tm capsules close quite good and easily, the mistvape capsules have problems because of the really snug fit cap. They're hard to close. Tinymight capsules are easier to manage.

Both have same size and dimensions but mistvape capsules screen material is a little bit finer. Obviously the extraction is quite the same on both.

I think it's mandatory to turn the capsule upside down. This way they work best for me. I removed the screen from my cooling unit and adjusted the cooling unit so there is no space left between heater screen and capsule when inserted into the tinymight.

Despite the worse handling I cannot understanding why people were complaining about the mistvape caps. They do work. Put them upside down and pack them wisely. Not too much packaging so airflow can go through the herbs.

I wasn't able to attach my pictures so i had to use imgur. If you click the pic below you will see the other pics as well!

Hmmm... Since the TM dude isn’t making his own capsules, and they are NOT identical to the similar Mistvape ones, the mystery is where can we buy the TM version at a more reasonable price?

RustyOldNail,

slayyou

Even if you found one, there is a glass sleeve inside the TM that will break first. I found that out the hard way, check my posts for pics, but the glass stem is not the weak point.

Basically, you might break the inner glass sleeve eventually just due to normal use, no need to worry about the thick glass stem. Just stock up on those inner sleeves and save this vape for special occasions to get the most life you can out of it.
When my first TM was dropped, the stem shattered and the glass sleeve around the heater cracked. Hilariously that glass sleeve your refering to, was pristine. Every drop will be different, minimizing the number of components that can be potentially compromised can and will only help drop or knock survivability.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I have a different design for a cooling stem, it could be adapted to any vape, but this one would be a prime candidate. :science:
Kind of busy with other glass projects right now, but I might have to get to work on that one for all you fine folks!!
At this point you don’t have a choice. I’m cyber bullying you into it.

The TM Extra long cooling stem, was included as a freebie in my last order. Works surprisingly well with one of the TM capsules.

View attachment 3262
I’ve been debating getting that, idk just seems a bit hard to handle/like I would break it in two seconds haha. Very tempting.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Also, see if the top (not joint) of the stem will slide in the TM like the OG RBT stems do.

I was planning to test the TM, though if it fits (which I'm not sure that it will, I think it's not long enough plain space) the mouthpiece would then be a wide ground glass joint (not nice on the lips), and there would be no way to get a screen in that end where it could be removed later, so yeah I don't think it is going to be a good option for a TM stem!

Well @Summer 508phineas' RBT stem actually does juuuust fit, however yeah I think the 19 mm ground glass joint is not a very nice mouthpiece... Also the problem with this is that there is no way to put a basket screen in securely from the other end, and be able to remove it?? Meanwhile rimmed basket screens get stuck in the tinymight so they aren't good either...

PXL-20201018-233615420.jpg

Also since this cooling stem (which I shared more details about in the Splinter and Milaana threads) uses a vigreux cooling spike pattern, using it upside down in the TM actually has the spikes facing the wrong direction, they should be facing toward the heat source, so not ideal unfortunately...

Cross posting from splinter thread:

Screenshot-20201017-124535.png

And I just got one of these^ in Lake Green thanks to @seki who got regular green and the more clear blue above. Probably the nicest cooling stem I've ever seen honestly, thanks again to @Vlad the Inhaler aka 508phineas on Instagram (hit him up over there to place orders!) Colored stems are 19/22 and the clear ones are 19/19 (Mi3)

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Well @Summer 508phineas' RBT stem actually does juuuust fit,
Well, since it fits, then phineas can make the same stem (dimensions) without the joint & then you can orient the stem right-side up with the cooling spikes on top & have the unobstructed part on the bottom for insertion of unrimmed basket screens. :tup: Order one SS & let us know. :nod: :D

Shit Snacks

Well, since it fits, then phineas can make the same stem (dimensions) without the joint & then you can orient the stem right-side up with the cooling spikes on top & have the unobstructed part on the bottom for insertion of unrimmed basket screens. :tup: Order one SS & let us know. :nod: :D

Haha no not necessarily, the reason these RBT stems are easier to make and readily available is that he already had the tubes with the taper, but I mentioned it to him so he is going to see about stocking that size of tube for tinymight stem purposes...

But yes when he gets that size tubing I think he can make these, with the spikes going in the proper direction towards the load, but with a gap between them and that end so it can fit securely in the TM...

HOWEVER I don't know how you resolve the screen issue... if you get a basket screen in there how can you possibly get it out?? And if it's flimsy enough to be spun around or poked out by a pic then it's not a good enough screen imo (I hate ddave screens for example) so the only alternative I can think of is finding a screen that fits in well and then never being able to remove it... I have some other stems where that is my solution but it's far from ideal to not be able to fully clean them ever...

I am working with him to make an awesome heady jayhook, 19 mm female, he only had one joint though and it broke during the process, so he'll have to try again in November... So yeah maybe then we'll try a TM stem too? Custom work is not exactly cheap though, I am shelling out for the j hook because it's going to be nuts and will see a lot of use with a lot of different vapes, while I already spent a bit on a custom FW7 14 mm wpa dry stem...

Summer

Long Island, NY
SS, I would think using a really pointy,
i.e. sharp, stirrer (think VCBud's stirrer freebie) that an RBT unrimmed basket screen would be removable. (And I don't think the RBT screens are flimsy. :/) Or even a tweezer grasping the rim edge of the basket?

Summer,

Shit Snacks

SS, I would think using a really pointy,
i.e. sharp, stirrer (think VCBud's stirrer freebie) that an RBT unrimmed basket screen would be removable. (And I don't think the RBT screens are flimsy. :/) Or even a tweezer grasping the rim edge of the basket?

Yeah I know the RBT screens are not flimsy, that's what I like about them! (Did I imply otherwise?) But if you start poking through it with something sharp like that (a steel toothpick?) then it gets destroyed... Also to get it to fit snugly in the stem, there's no way a tweezer can grab the edges, they are flush with the glass wall... I'm telling you, it's impossible! lol if screen is easily removable then it's not durable and secure, but if it's durable and secure then it's not removable... Only way is to poke it out from the opposite end, but the problem with cooling spikes and bent stems is they make that impossible...

Last edited:
Shit Snacks,

PossumMD

I use a rimless screen in my stock stem and can pull it out using tweezers. It sticks out by less than a mm, but it's enough to grab. Is that what you meant?

PossumMD,
Reactions: zor

LabPong

I have been making my own screens for the TM since January....no problems at all in the RBT short stems!

How come others have not figured it out/actually done it............ Do I have to post pics again? Dont make me.....! lol

Oh....also that pinched blue stem deal .....does the stem actually get 100% seal around the big o-ring? Spike holes are not good around the o-ring area....so if you can get one that has round glass at the o-ring...it works!

OH....no no no....I do not want my precious pure vapor to get distorted and dirtied because it touched wood! Glass is best... SS is ok.

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
That's definitely happened to me before as well.

Mine is usually not difficult to insert, just a bit of resistance enough to slow it down a little as i put the stem in or pull it out.

My 2nd TM arrived this weekend, and I have to say that it is possibly nicer than my first in a couple ways.

Everything feels Tighter on it - the temp. control, the battery lid, and most noticeably, the tube holder is much tighter on my new unit than on the old. I ordered the extra long stem with this order, and it fits snug on my new unit, but I, so far, haven't been able to get my old unit's tube holder tight enough for the extra long stem, though it holds the regular glass stems fine. It wasn't until I received my 2nd for comparison that I see my original's tube holder's tightening ability is somewhat lacking. I have yet to test more than that, as I've been busy with the 2nd unit.

My 2nd unit runs much hotter than the first, it seems. 4 is comparable to 6 on my old, and I've been finishing at 6 instead of 7.5-8, with the same results. As well, I'd say the new unit finishes quicker.

I have no complaints about the body on my first TM, the wood has nice grain and isn't rough. But again, the new TM's wood is just-noticably nicer. As well, The heater screen seems to be better quality.

In my order comments, I asked for a long stem instead of a short for my stock set up - they sent the unit with the stock short stem set-up, but included 2 long stems free of charge.
I ordered one dosing basket - they sent 2.
I ordered 2 domed screens - they send 5.

. . .and here I was, vaguely anxious before receiving my order :rolleyes:

All I can say is that for the 2nd time, TM exceeded my expectations.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I accidentally re-assembled my first TM correctly, as it has been working (mostly) like a champ. I had pushed my screen through to the coil, and I had to "take it apart to fix it". Those are usually the words I use before I fuck something up beyond repair. Of course, now that I've received my second TM, I'm in Finlander heaven. I, too, received "freebies". I was worried at first: what if I accidentally received someone else's order? Hearing of others getting great gifts helps alleviate my guilty feelings. 2020 isn't all bad after all.

Last edited:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Also I forgot to mention, I saw it posted in here a little while back, but somebody had said they ditched the basket screens infront of the CU for a couple of reasons, primarily because the resin was collecting ON the CU rather than mostly inside of it... which I think is a pretty fair analysis. I was going basket-screen less for a while, decided to switch to basket screen and see how I liked it, it was ok.... I didn't notice much improvement or even change other than the already noted increase in gunk infront of and on the CU. The AVB blows out in nice little pucks using the screen but theres no functional benefit to that, that I'm aware of anyway.

I also ditched the additional basket screen infront of the CU and went back to just CU in the stem. Much better. Although I thought I was cute and could get away with straw loading the WPA when I got it the other day, THAT requires a basket screen unless you want a mouthful of flower. But yeah for standard CU operation, I seem to prefer no additional basket screen. Any other stems, the WPA, the grav 3" taster, I feel like the basket screen is needed.

Shit Snacks

I have been making my own screens for the TM since January....no problems at all in the RBT short stems!

How come others have not figured it out/actually done it............ Do I have to post pics again? Dont make me.....! lol

Oh....also that pinched blue stem deal .....does the stem actually get 100% seal around the big o-ring? Spike holes are not good around the o-ring area....so if you can get one that has round glass at the o-ring...it works!

You misunderstood, I have plenty of basket screens, the issue is getting them out of the stem, if the other end of the stem is full of spikes (or bent) you can't push them...

And yes it does seal in the o-ring, that was the point of my post... The spikes end up literally right above the o-ring, but as I've said there are several reasons to wait until a proper TM stem is developed regardless...

Top Bottom