TinyMight / TM 2

Skinku

Luckily im a e-cig user and have a lot of good 18650 cells here, because this thing is a beast in vapor AND battery consumption. 😅
I'm not having much joy with my Samsung 25r's I use for my e-cigs just two stems compared to three from the Sony VTC6's.
They are a tad old but its a noticeable difference, enough that I have bought some dedicated Sonys to stop the fucking around.

Skinku,
Reactions: KVVS

justcametomind

I had a couple of bowls after receiving my unit.
For sure I'm biased by what I read in the 45 days of wait, heater dislodgements, inexistent CS, and criticism to the maker for probably being the same guy of earlier vape fiascos.
The aluminum of the battery lid scratches just looking at it. I still have to open it and already have a few stratches, it seems made of clay.
I'm getting the fishy smell but didn't do any burn off and don't plan on doing any since if it's convection it would be irrelevant imho.

I read about the dzoinp screen mod: the thing is done placing the S&B fine screen and detach the two parts of the cooling unit so they rattle and stop when greasy by resin? Don't you nedd to cut down the SB screen (a lot) to do it? We badly need a "best of" TM thread for this type of thing common knowledge.

I already have an opinion on heater dislodgement. I had a similar issue with a Fury2 which is prone to bowl/heater dislodgement if used in conjuction with its glass stem. IIRC physics well, things expand a bit when heated up. Trying to remove the stem from a F2 while hot, craving for back to back bowls, killed one of my F2 units and probably it's the same principle that leads to heated dislodgement: when hot, the insertion of the stem is even more tight than usual and it's difficult to understand if its already the end of the route and you are pushing down the heater.
So the best usage pattern would be to wait for the unit to cool down (/babysit mode on) and only then load a new bowl, exactly like a Crafty.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Hey @justcametomind that's not the @dzoinp screen mod. This is...

Also, fwiw, I believe there is no problem or risks to the device hitting back to back bowls. I sometimes do that with my 2 stems by rotating them or the vapour can get a little hot

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
[...] when hot, the insertion of the stem is even more tight than usual and it's difficult to understand if its already the end of the route and you are pushing down the heater.
So the best usage pattern would be to wait for the unit to cool down (/babysit mode on) and only then load a new bowl, exactly like a Crafty.
Can't confirm this at all. The stem doesn't get very hot anyways, by the time I have reloaded and -inserted the stem, it has cooled down almost fully. I used to inspect the herb during a session, no issues reinserting the stem either – one should always be mindful when doing so. The aluminum ring allows to finetune how well the red o ring grabs the stem, give it a try.

bgrpph

Received my 2nd TM yesterday- ordered 8/24, shipped 10/2 received in HI 10/5- DHL was super fast shipping on both of my orders.
When i got it -battery cap was not screwed all way down- it was up quite a bit & very tight -had to use coin to get it off. Battery Cap threads are very rough & its tight screwing it in & it doesn't go in all the way flush with top as my other TM does. (my other TM battery cap is smooth & can be turned easily by hand). Also heater on new unit seems much weaker than my 1st TM- i can turn it all way up to 10 & can still not get the ABV to turn dark- it gets toasty & i do get vape, but can't get it to turn dark or deep brown-. Seems to heat similar/same regardless if its on #5 or # 10. My 1st TM will get ABV dark at 7 & i can definitely feel the difference as i turn the dial- not so much on new unit.

I'm going to send msg to maker on site about this & ask him to send me a new battery cap & method to turn up the heater or to return unit for replacement . (The threads in battery area inside top seem ok). I tried to deburr the battery cap with emergy cloth but didn't do anything- threads on Top part of battery cover seem fine- just the cap seems messed up. Not sure what's up with the seemingly lack of enough heat to brown ABV.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Received my 2nd TM yesterday- ordered 8/24, shipped 10/2 received in HI 10/5- DHL was super fast shipping on both of my orders.
When i got it -battery cap was not screwed all way down- it was up quite a bit & very tight -had to use coin to get it off. Battery Cap threads are very rough & its tight screwing it in & it doesn't go in all the way flush with top as my other TM does. (my other TM battery cap is smooth & can be turned easily by hand). Also heater on new unit seems much weaker than my 1st TM- i can turn it all way up to 10 & can still not get the ABV to turn dark- it gets toasty & i do get vape, but can't get it to turn dark or deep brown-. Seems to heat similar/same regardless if its on #5 or # 10. My 1st TM will get ABV dark at 7 & i can definitely feel the difference as i turn the dial- not so much on new unit.

I'm going to send msg to maker on site about this & ask him to send me a new battery cap & method to turn up the heater or to return unit for replacement . (The threads in battery area inside top seem ok). I tried to deburr the battery cap with emergy cloth but didn't do anything- threads on Top part of battery cover seem fine- just the cap seems messed up. Not sure what's up with the seemingly lack of enough heat to brown ABV.
Thanks for sharing this info and hope you get that resolved in a timely fashion. I only have the one TM and I'd be crestfallen to have a backup with a notably less punchy or problematic heater.

Tweakz

it's been a long time since I wrote here guys . it's been more than two weeks since I said that he (tm maker) will respond to me on instagram. But unfortunately, this has not happened yet (although he always answered before this time) . we can only hope for the best. I can't believe he can't come back. after all, he has a good freelance support here . I even offered to help him.

after 8 month tm work like a champion

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Can't confirm this at all. The stem doesn't get very hot anyways, by the time I have reloaded and -inserted the stem, it has cooled down almost fully. I used to inspect the herb during a session, no issues reinserting the stem either – one should always be mindful when doing so. The aluminum ring allows to finetune how well the red o ring grabs the stem, give it a try.
Actually, my stem can get quite hot, especially for the first inch or 2 on the bowl side. I think it is mostly due to the fulcrum like action of the single oring near the top of the stem barrel. That often leaves the stems edge in the hot air path if I don't actively try to center it.
I keep a couple stems so I can swap them out if they get too hot. Frankly, if I do more than a couple bowls at a time I may need to let the TM cool for a while. I do tend to run hotter temps as I'm usually going through water.

KVVS

Between seeing pictures of TMs with large gaps and wood that doesnt look all to great and general issue on recent units and cs that doesnt seem to improve, im really starting to doubt my order lol...
hope im wrong

vapviking

Old & In the Way
When i got it -battery cap was not screwed all way down- it was up quite a bit & very tight -had to use coin to get it off. Battery Cap threads are very rough & its tight screwing it in & it doesn't go in all the way flush with top as my other TM does. (my other TM battery cap is smooth & can be turned easily by hand). Also heater on new unit seems much weaker than my 1st TM
Did you try (gently) using the cap from 1st TM to see how it threads into 2nd (and vice versa) to help confirm the thread issue?
Then see how it works?
Is it possible that a 'faulty' cap like you describe could result in loss of power to heater?

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Actually, my stem can get quite hot, especially for the first inch or 2 on the bowl side. I think it is mostly due to the fulcrum like action of the single oring near the top of the stem barrel. That often leaves the stems edge in the hot air path if I don't actively try to center it.
I keep a couple stems so I can swap them out if they get too hot. Frankly, if I do more than a couple bowls at a time I may need to let the TM cool for a while. I do tend to run hotter temps as I'm usually going through water.

I'm not quite sure I understand the centering part, but anyway: you are very right, such details matter. My sessions are rather mid temp, native with short draws and I often stretch a session by pausing a minute or two between hits. I also blow the abv out of the stem and then rest it on a glass tray, not sure if it acts like some kind of a heat sink. Anyway, that makes both the stem and the device itself stay cool for the most part.

Siebter,
Reactions: cybrguy

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
So the TinyMight have finally shipped! took 6 weeks,and while I'm very happy, I can't shake the feeling of disappointment of lack in communications with the manufacturer.

Since I've order there, the dosing capsule were released, and I really like that and opted to order.
I sent an email a month ago and still did not receive any answers, I tried my luck again and it failed, the TM is shipping without the new items I wanted...
So I ordered a ton of dosing caps today, will have to pay shipping double, but at least I'll have my caps :)

I also noticed another replacement part now available, the glass lining on top of heater, got a few of those as well :D

trevytrev

Happy little clouds
So the TinyMight have finally shipped! took 6 weeks,and while I'm very happy, I can't shake the feeling of disappointment of lack in communications with the manufacturer.

Since I've order there, the dosing capsule were released, and I really like that and opted to order.
I sent an email a month ago and still did not receive any answers, I tried my luck again and it failed, the TM is shipping without the new items I wanted...
So I ordered a ton of dosing caps today, will have to pay shipping double, but at least I'll have my caps :)

I also noticed another replacement part now available, the glass lining on top of heater, got a few of those as well :D
You may strike lucky, I ordered my Tinymight then decided I wanted a WPA from them too, so sent an email asking if I needed to order it separately or could they add it to my order and then I pay direct. I didn't get any reply but when my Tinymight arrived, they had put the WPA in for free!

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
You may strike lucky, I ordered my Tinymight then decided I wanted a WPA from them too, so sent an email asking if I needed to order it separately or could they add it to my order and then I pay direct. I didn't get any reply but when my Tinymight arrived, they had put the WPA in for free!

Oh well I do hope you're right, because I just shared a huge order with a friend of mine, but oh well, a few more can't hurt :)

Last edited:

slayyou

Mine get toasty too, makes sense, it being the bowl and all. The best thing to do is to make a sleeve that you can touch in lieu of the glass. I saw a tutorial to shows you how to make one out of cork. cork stem

On another note, presenting the results of last night's experiments, I think I might have the first light leak free Tinymight in existence! The button feels less rattly, the vibration feels better, oh did I mention the light leakage is history :brow: ? I have always wanted a reason to learn how to cast silicone (or maybe make it out of cork)!
NUv226F.jpg
NbX3hjQ.jpg

Last edited:

justcametomind

Between seeing pictures of TMs with large gaps and wood that doesnt look all to great and general issue on recent units and cs that doesnt seem to improve, im really starting to doubt my order lol...
hope im wrong
I had a bad need to try a new vape, after a long time with no new toys to play with. Otherwise I wouldn't

If you only need capsules mistvaporizer.com are supposedly to be the same size and come with a tray. 20 for a set of 5, plus 15$ shipping which is a tad less than shipping from Finland in my case.

justcametomind,

erkanostatic

If anybody are looking for a way to get a better and more even vaped AVB try a Mighty Dosing Capsule, fill it, drop it in the TM, and push the TM mouthpiece nearly to the capsule 1 draw at 7 or 8 flip the capsule and again 7 or 8 and at the end one long at 10. With this way there is no need for me to use a tool to mix the herb after getting the ring shaped pressed AVB. The holes on the capsule swirl the direct air from the heater, and this is why the herb are more even vaped. (also thermal conduction from the alu capsule wall)

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

If anybody are looking for a way to get a better and more even vaped AVB try a Mighty Dosing Capsule, fill it, drop it in the TM, and push the TM mouthpiece nearly to the capsule 1 draw at 7 or 8 flip the capsule and again 7 or 8 and at the end one long at 10. With this way there is no need for me to use a tool to mix the herb after getting the ring shaped pressed AVB. The holes on the capsule swirl the direct air from the heater, and this is why the herb are more even vaped. (also thermal conduction from the alu capsule wall)

Wow that turned out dark! I would caution people to be careful with the S&B capsules so you don't pop your screen into the heater. I imagine the Tinymight or Mistvape caps don't produce AVB that dark, or at least I don't recall that off the top of my head.

JoeKickass

Well my Sony VTC6's are noticabley weaker and shorter lasting than when they were new, has anyone found anything better?
Any feedback on the LG HG2 or the Samsung 30Q?

If I'm brave enough tomorrow I might buy one of these:

JoeKickass,

SquirrelMaster

Well my Sony VTC6's are noticabley weaker and shorter lasting than when they were new, has anyone found anything better?
Any feedback on the LG HG2 or the Samsung 30Q?

If I'm brave enough tomorrow I might buy one of these:
Do not get that Efest battery in case you were thinking about it https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/t...ts-just-another-rewrapped-10a-battery.736533/

Some have been able to use the 30Q and I believe the HG2 and I don't see it as a safety concern plus cells are cheap so it would make for a good experiment if anything. I have zero issues with various Molicel 26A's but they're rated slightly less for capacity (but higher for dischsrge).

Top Bottom