TinyMight / TM 2

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Ah, okay. And do we know exactly that everyone is having the same cs experience?

Just a rhetorical question.

Siebter,

PossumMD

...and yet we can't do much about it but accept things as they are now. But it seems to me that that's not enough for some, they want everyone to agree that the cs is piss poor and the maker doesn't care. And whoever does not agree with that mindset is a fanboy defending the maker.
Where have I said that ever?

PossumMD,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Where have I said that ever?

I didn't say you did, I was summarizing the discussion that is circling for a few weeks now, and you took part in that discussion by asking rhetorical questions. What I see is that almost everyone is clinging to their theory what exactly is going wrong, while attempts to console and help by referring to ones own personal cs experience and asking for patience (which is in fact all we can do here) is totally useless. This is still a very young company. There's still this crisis going on which even makes big companies like S+B having a hard time providing the service they usually provide. I'm sure the PayPal thingy is still not quite done. And yes, it is frustrating. But things seem to change back, slowly, maybe even too slow for your case, but they do.

arb

Semi shaved ape
I didn't say you did, I was summarizing the discussion that is circling for a few weeks now, and you took part in that discussion by asking rhetorical questions. What I see is that almost everyone is clinging to their theory what exactly is going wrong, while attempts to console and help by referring to ones own personal cs experience and asking for patience (which is in fact all we can do here) is totally useless. This is still a very young company. There's still this crisis going on which even makes big companies like S+B having a hard time providing the service they usually provide. I'm sure the PayPal thingy is still not quite done. And yes, it is frustrating. But things seem to change back, slowly, maybe even too slow for your case, but they do.
Why is your experience any more valid than his?
There seems to be some serious recurring issues with this specific manufacturers credibility and your continued dogged defense of bad business practices is odd at best.
😽

stark1

Lonesome Planet
...and yet we can't do much about it but accept things as they are now. But it seems to me that that's not enough for some, they want everyone to agree that the cs is piss poor and the maker doesn't care. And whoever does not agree with that mindset is a fanboy defending the maker.

Hey! Watch what you say. I resemble that remark!

The guy’s a fucking genius, but like some of us, there is a backlog of unpleasant things
To attempt to accomplish. Leading to poor, or no CS.

One may be brilliant in achievement, but piss poor in business management.;)

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Hey! Watch what you say. I resemble that remark!

The guy’s a fucking genius, but like some of us, there is a backlog of unpleasant things
To attempt to accomplish. Leading to poor, or no CS.

One may be brilliant in achievement, but piss poor in business management.;)

Saw your request in the “buy” section, for TM parts. Now that’s SMART! If mine goes south, I’ll keep you in mind.

And, next time I’m in FINLAND.... I’ll personally deliver all these messages here, in person. :)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I recommend charging externally mostly for the sake of having fresh juice at any point (who wants to experience an empty battery in mid session?) and because the usb port will be worn out in the long run by permanently plugging and unplugging it (I had a few cell phones that would still be alive if it wasn't for their usb ports). I want to preserve that port for emergency charging.
I generally use an external charger for my 18650s and have several charged at any given time. If I WAS charging them inside the device I would likely use something like this. I use these cables on my cellphone, my tablet and on an earpiece that needs charging often. I think this particular model is being discontinued, but there are others from this company and some competitors. I had to replace a USB port on a phone that was reasonably new once, and that led me to this solution.

cybrguy,
Reactions: Siebter

KVVS

Anybody have experience with adding accessories to orders? I want to buy the dosing caps and glass insert and add them but it isnt on the EU site for example, was thinking of just replying to my confirmation mail.

KVVS,
Reactions: fidget

sashka69

I ordered capsules separately in the US shop. Maximum 10 capsules are 3.50 euros shipping. That's great. But the Glas insert is heavy so postage goes hiiiigh. That's why I'm waiting for this item until its in the eu shop.

Edit: tried to add capsules to my tm order but the mail response time was too long so my tm got status update Shipped so I was in a hurry and ordered separately.

Last edited:
sashka69,

LabPong

Has anyone with a heating issue been able to find a fix or get their unit repaid yet?

This weekend I found an issue with 1 of my 3 TM's. This one is the first one I got after it's release and has the heating issue possibly others are experiencing.

The heater acts like it's not getting full power from the battery. I tried a few diff cells as I use 3 diff types in the TMs. One thing I noticed when changing out cells......the first heat cycle/draw would be normal and the following heating's would be at a much lower heat/power.

So it acted like it is a software issue? Not sure it is a physical or mechanical issue......I messed around loosening up the base and re-seatting the board/heater and did not find any improvements.

I would luv to be able to reset the firmware to see if this is the issue others might be experiencing.

Tweakz

I don't know guys, I have almost 8 months of perfect everything works . no performance degradation. everything is perfect. I use it every day .100% extraction for 2 heavy hits easy.

of the more than 2 thousand ordered models, some were caught with a defect, it's okay, but it's annoying when you got a device with a defect. I'm sure he'll fix everything for you.
I know that he would do better if he had at least a few people to help him and someone to answer customer emails. there are many more happy tm owners here . therefore, we will support each other and share experiences , not out of anger . everything will be alright

Last edited:

KVVS

I don't know guys, I have almost 8 months of perfect everything works . no performance degradation. everything is perfect. I use it every day .100% extraction for 2 heavy hits easy.

of the more than 2 thousand ordered models, some were caught with a defect, it's okay, but it's annoying when you got a device with a defect. I'm sure he'll fix everything for you.
I know that he would do better if he had at least a few people to help him and someone to answer customer emails. there are many more happy tm owners here . therefore, we will support each other and share experiences , not out of anger . everything will be alright

I dont think people are mad because of the defect, but getting one with a defect and then having CS ignore you for 2 months, that angers pretty much everyone.
So no, not everything will be alright if they dont get responses, its as simple at that.

almost there

This weekend I found an issue with 1 of my 3 TM's. This one is the first one I got after it's release and has the heating issue possibly others are experiencing.

The heater acts like it's not getting full power from the battery. I tried a few diff cells as I use 3 diff types in the TMs. One thing I noticed when changing out cells......the first heat cycle/draw would be normal and the following heating's would be at a much lower heat/power.

So it acted like it is a software issue? Not sure it is a physical or mechanical issue......I messed around loosening up the base and re-seatting the board/heater and did not find any improvements.

I would luv to be able to reset the firmware to see if this is the issue others might be experiencing.
Please share your solution if you get it resolved, I have the same issue. Although it always work, there are days where it's anemic and others where it's at full power. It's currently at the anemic stage this past weekend but I know in a few days it'll be fine again. It's a bit annoying not knowing what my experience will be like prior to each session.

almost there,

Tweakz

I dont think people are mad because of the defect, but getting one with a defect and then having CS ignore you for 2 months, that angers pretty much everyone.
So no, not everything will be alright if they dont get responses, its as simple at that.
all people who have any defects should get answers and they will get them . I'm sure it's only a matter of time. and of course I understand all those who faced this problem . but I am also confident that everything will be resolved .

Tweakz,
Reactions: Siebter

SquirrelMaster

I was using these two stems back to back yesterday switching out after each hit to directly compare them. With all the internals of the cooling unit removed and filled with 4mm boro balls the draw is ridiculously wide open on the long stem. I've been using it since I posted pics earlier in the thread and I can safely say it's (mostly) my favorite setup. The mouthpiece on the Grav Labs is a better "sipper" stem but the ball stem gets me medicated quickly while really cooling the vapor. Each hit I would take was always bigger with the balI stem because of how little draw restriction there is. I started at temp 5 for a single draw then onto 7 where I stayed to finish each stem. I normally temp step starting at 4~ and slowly working my way up and I'm fine without stirring but this was more needed. I still did not, for science and because I was getting really baked and lazy :lol: :leaf:.

@TastyCakeWasTasty
My only advice is to make sure your contacts are clean especially the screw in piece as well as the terminals of your cell. A white eraser worked the best for me when there was a decent amount of build up otherwise every time I change a cell I'll push and spin the piece on a piece of paper or paper towel. All the oxidization occurs at the negative terminal so I "erased" the aluminium ring that protrudes from the cap, the threads on the cap and device and the negative terminal of the cell itself. I haven't had any issues with the positive terminal and my cells always face down. There are better ways to clean oxidized aluminum but this works for me.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if the metal strip that butts up against the top plate could be causing an issue? It's the third picture down https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tinymight-vaporizer.44563/post-1508932
Has anyone checked for oxidization on the top cap at that point? If not, someone with a weak device should try cleaning only that area and seeing what the results are.

What about the few devices that have a taller wood body, could they be preventing solid electrical contact or just not be tight enough to prevent oxidization? I'm spit balling here so I could be way off.

A lack of power after a few months seems weird in my mind because I can't see what would be causing it if an owner knows their cells are good. It's not a calibration issue or they wouldn't have worked properly in the first place. The coil in these devices is very robust so I don't see that being the problem either. Possibly a bad solder point causing issues?

Top Bottom