• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TinyMight / TM 2

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Mine showed up today! Swung by the house on my lunch break, un boxed it, plugged it in to charge. Barely had time to look at it, but initially really impressed and excited to try it out later!

Unfortunately, there was a note in the box that the WPA I ordered was out of stock, and it will ship separately on its own once its back in stock. Other than that, no complaints at all! It looks great, smaller than I expected and how it looks in pics, I gave it a whiff for that "fishy" smell I've been reading about and I barely found it noticeable at all.

So just to get this straight for stock stems - Just load the flower into the stem up against the CU? No additional screen needed between the CU and flower or flower and heater?

How often are you guys cleaning the stems/CU/everything else?

I feel like I've read all of this in this thread previously trying to be prepared, but the excitement took over and I think I forgot everything. My first time using a stem-based vape

androponic

vaped.
The part I was talking about is using the capsules isn't any different than your stem. I put the capsule in the tiny might and then put the stem in but I stop pushing down the stem when I get resistance. This is the part that I was talking about there being no difference. The point I was making is that you shouldn't have to worry about pushing the screen through into the heater when using the capsules. Anyone that can pay attention and not shove the stem in the TM with reckless abandon, should be have no problems using the capsules. Also how you place the screen in is also crucial, putting it in the wrong way makes it easy for the screen to pop out. Not saying you are doing that either but something people need to consider when taking it all apart.

This side should be facing up:
IMG-20200713-132717502.jpg

This should be facing down:
IMG-20200713-132724816.jpg
Now im confused, direct from the TM manual:
“When you re- assemble it, make sure the mesh holder wider flange is upwards and DON’T tighten the tube holder strongly.”

tokenknifeguy

Now im confused, direct from the TM manual:
“When you re- assemble it, make sure the mesh holder wider flange is upwards and DON’T tighten the tube holder strongly.”
One way provides support the other doesn't. Any critical thinking will tell you which is the better way. Look at it from both sides and decide which would provide the stronger support. When doing it the way I said, it makes the diameter of the circle even smaller that the screen would have to pass through. And then the lip of the metal ring on the bottom provides even more support.

Last edited:
tokenknifeguy,
Reactions: androponic

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
So just to get this straight for stock stems - Just load the flower into the stem up against the CU? No additional screen needed between the CU and flower or flower and heater?

Welcome to the Tinymight! A fantastic vape and one I use almost daily. Screen and a-sundry items are optional though some, myself included use one screen, and others use a couple and/or small cooling beads. The thing with the Tinymight is that you could customize it any way you want. I just love a simple screen below the cooling unit to hold flower and keep it a quarter inch or so from the end of the stem above the heater. Some don’t even use a gap and load the stem to the edge. I love the short stock stem and the cooling unit and I still haven’t mated it to my glass rig in the 4 months I’ve had it. I love using it natively as I do all portables I buy. And then there’s the wonderful flexibility to go through filtration with the Tinymight too. You’ll figure it out - if I could with this being my first dedicated stem vape (and an amazing one at that) anyone could. It’s very easy to load, operate and clean...

I clean my stem and cooling unit about every 2 weeks. The hint is a bit of reclaim build up on the outside of the cooling unit. Just soak in ISO (91% or higher) or my new fave, grain alcohol, since I still can’t get ISO near me. I had removed the orings but I’d you don’t soak it too long I don’t think it matters much. I’d you do soak for a long time I’d remove them. I’ve also been disassembled the cooling unit completely for soaking and I’ve also just soaked the whole thing. It depends how gunky it gets. I rinse everything with hot water and let dry. Pretty simple.

An extra cooling unit and (short, since that’s all I use) stem are en route from Finland with an accessory order I placed a few weeks ago. Still haven’t received but I’m not panicking yet, lol. I know he’s busy making lots more of these great vapes. I also ordered extra red cooling unit orings online which should arrive in another few weeks. That should all suffice for me. Good luck with yours - and enjoy! :peace:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Thanks for the tips! Yeah I got extra O-Rings and screens, extra CU, extra long and short stem, so I'll spend some time playing with it and figuring out what I like. Just was looking for a place to start, and that sounds good for me!

I think a good portable needs to be able to be used natively - sure it's nice to run it through water or with other pieces, but kind of defeats the purpose of a portable if you have to lug around a bubbler to be able to enjoy it.

neix

Hey, do you think it's not safe to charge Tinymight right after usage? Sometimes, when I vape, tinymight gets really warm, so I'm kinda not sure if charging is safe...

neix,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Hey, do you think it's not safe to charge Tinymight right after usage? Sometimes, when I vape, tinymight gets really warm, so I'm kinda not sure if charging is safe...

It’s always recommended to let any battery cool down, before charging. 10-15 minutes should be enough, hold the battery in your hand to judge how hot/warm it feels. Your battery will charge better and last longer, heat being a major enemy to most battery chemistry.

ezpz

I use a cup screen between the CU and the herb. It's not necessary, but it helps keep the CU cleaner.
I don't stir anymore, so I can go without cleaning for two weeks.
When I did stir often, I would clean every 3 or 4 days.
Like Vaporific said, u will find what works for you. Experimenting is part of the fun.:smug:

bgrpph

New to the TM & stem vapes. Initially used cooling unit (have 2) in both long & short stems & find the short stem with CU is just fine as far as smoothness of vape & heat. Been using it with & w/o the cuped screens below the CU- find very little diff. Used the TM WPA by itself with no water or CU & find vape coolness is just fine. Just got 2 of the Grav upline 3" units & looking forward to using them tonight. I have also used the long cooling tube that i got from Ryan (RBT) with my Milaana 3 & inserted it upside down into the TM & it gives nice taste & cool vape (insert the RBT cooling tube with dimpled end into the TM -seems like it won't seal cause of the dimples but it works fine) & use end that would normally be placed into the Milaana 3 as mouthpiece). Like others said experiment with diff screens/tubes, etc.

One item i am confused about is the info here about placing the TM screen/ring thats above the heating element into the unit- TM says place the wider/thicker part of ring facing up (which how i have mine as i figure the maker must know correct way). other posts from folks that have modified this screen/ring say wide/thick end down. This is a bit confusing to me, esp the last pics few posts up that show pics & say screen/ring should be placed the opposite of what TM says. I've just left mine as it came initially.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@bgrpph – Welcome to the TM thread!

Yeah, I'm a fairly confused myself about the screen situation; to me it makes a bit more sense to keep the wider side up, since it should be able to create a proper seal with the tube. That tube has a bit of play in the tube holder, I'm not sure it would seal just as well with the other side up.

But even if I don't understand the point of the wider / slimmer flange, I always prefer to simply follow the manual, and the manual is very clear here.

bgrpph

re the TM screen/ring placed wide part up or down- interesting discussion but somewhat confusing.

Seems to me that maker is saying wide end up because a stem inserted will rest on the wider part of the ring & be less able to push on or against screen-

While others who have modified this part or are using Mighty dosing caps are saying put the wider end down so the screen itself will have a bit more support so its not pushed down.

TM saying wider end up so stem supported on wider ring part- others saying wide end down so screen itself has more support- I'm not using dosing caps so i've left mine as it came from TM- wider end up.

tokenknifeguy

@tokenknifeguy – Honestly, I always set the screen holder with the wider flange upwards since it explicitely says so in the manual, not sure why it should be the other way around.
The other way around is much harder for the screen to pop out. You literally have to force it through. My screen popped out the first time or two I used it and got flash welded to the heater, and took some prying to get it off. I think that was the reason why it fell through so easily was because it should have been installed the way I suggested. I haven't had my screen come lose since I did it the way I suggested. Again if you compare both ways, one way will provide better support and therefor make it much harder to come out. If you doubt it, try it for yourself and see which is the easier way to force the screen out.

But either way if you aren't shoving your stem in with reckless abandon then it shouldn't be a problem. But if you want the way with the most support and hardest way for the screen to pop out, I think my way is definitely the way to go.

Also I put the wider side down and it has nothing to do with the S&B capsules. Also if you put the wide side down, the glass stem actually fits inside the metal and sits on top of the edge of the lip, so you literally cannot push the screen through unless you can push the stem through metal lip, which you won't. Again the only reason why I have it in the way I did, is because my screen fell out after just using it and which ever way he put in wasn't good enough. So I looked at both ways to do it and figured on the better option and so far it has proved as such. Maybe he didn't install the screen right or something to begin with but it came out fairly easy I thought.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Do any of you guys just set a temp and leave it there? The Go, for example, has 3 temp setting but I can get all I want out of my goods on the low setting. The temp control adjustment seems to be the weak spot on this vape from what folks are saying. Not a deal killer, but a weakness.

cybrguy,
Reactions: Sticky13

yogurtsauce

Do any of you guys just set a temp and leave it there? The Go, for example, has 3 temp setting but I can get all I want out of my goods on the low setting. The temp control adjustment seems to be the weak spot on this vape from what folks are saying. Not a deal killer, but a weakness.
I find that 8-10 is pretty much the same for my weed. I can start at 3/4 but if I’m really lazy I just keep it at 7/8. 5.5 is a good temp to do as well. Pretty dark and very even for me. But yeah, anywhere between 12 o’clock and 3 is perfect.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

I don't think that I'm control adjustment is much of a weak spot, but yes a lot of people here just leave it at level 6, I think it works very well that way... I have trouble keeping myself from always temp stepping though!

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@tokenknifeguy – I have (almost...) always used the TM as it is, maybe that's why I never had a situation where I had to fear screens popping out. I'm not too much into capsules too, so I don't really have to fiddle around. This:

Seems to me that maker is saying wide end up because a stem inserted will rest on the wider part of the ring & be less able to push on or against screen

makes quite a bit of sense to me. When using the TM as intended, it doesn't even matter which way the screen would be pushed out easier because there's nothing pushing against it anyway.

I usually tempstep, but also found leaving it at 6 working great. Like @Shit Snacks I actually enjoy the temp dial quite a bit. It felt a bit fiddly at first, but it didn't take long to get used to and now it almost feels like I can control it blindly. Much more intuitive than clicking buttons or scrolling through numbers on a display.

bgrpph

after receiving TM I did temp step but started very low at 3, then 5 then 7 or 7.5- On my TM going to 8 leaves the abv too dark.

I also had to find the right amt of time to draw at each level as this affected the taste/heat a lot- (i think i've got the strength of the draw down well from yrs of using the Ghost- nice slow draw). I find that i'm usually taking draws that are not more than 4-6 sec if i leave it on one temp setting or else i get too much vapor & cough-

Last night I tried my RBT dimpled tube & the WPA & today my new Grav 3" upline & just left it set to level 6 & started with very short draw after the buzz- nice flavor with an initial 3 sec draw, then a bit longer draw each time- till it was done. Did same thing with it on level 7- on initial hit can still get nice taste at level 7 if draw is very short, then i incr length of draw each hit till its done. I like leaving it on one setting at night while watching TV so i don't have to find enough light & put on glasses to see the settings. The TM body is a bit hotter to the touch using it on level 7 for each draw than if i temp step.

I also find that when i'm using the Grav, RBT dimpled long tube or WPA the vapor is just as nice as using the TM cooling unit in the long or short stems and the draw is less restrictive w/o the CU. I'm screwing around now using various screens or not. I'm just starting to feel i know what i'm doing with this vape after few weeks use. it's so much more consistent than the Ghost - & i really like my Ghost.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I was in contact with a famous woodworker here, I sent him some pieces of wood cause I wanted one of his stems for my Iheat... But I got the TM during that time and since there was a tiny piece of Chestnut tree he can't use I asked him if he can make an extra short stem for my TM, for now it's a very simple tube pretty similar in shape to the stock mouthpiece, see it like a simple first prototype. I still not got it in my hands, I'll let you know how the testing is going!

20200713-102028.jpg

This is the one on the right... if you want to know more about the others you can give a look in the Iheat thread where I'll post about them!

bornfree13

Hi, I was in contact with a famous woodworker here, I sent him some pieces of wood cause I wanted one of his stems for my Iheat... But I got the TM during that time and since there was a tiny piece of Chestnut tree he can't use I asked him if he can make an extra short stem for my TM, for now it's a very simple tube pretty similar in shape to the stock mouthpiece, see it like a simple first prototype. I still not got it in my hands, I'll let you know how the testing is going!

20200713-102028.jpg

This is the one on the right... if you want to know more about the others you can give a look in the Iheat thread where I'll post about them!
I'd be interested in knowing more about the TM stem. Is it 16mm out 14mm in? Is there a baffle of any kind (SS, Alu, etc... in the dowel? Or just a wooden inside? ( I'm not complaining)

bornfree13,
Top Bottom