TinyMight / TM 2

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
@JoeKickass thanks for your very good report to take apart the TM
is there a glass tube in every TM ? i dont know that
Yes it’s in each unit. Awesome tear down, BTW! I want to know where his large clear oring is, the one that sits above the glass cylinder - the same one that accidentally dislodged for me attempting to analyze the heater screen mod which I’ve not yet done. Still waiting on my accessories order going on 3 weeks now, hopefully soon which includes new large clear orings among other things... :peace:

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Summer - I understand where you are coming from, but owning a 1st gen TM for more than half a year now, I can assure you that it's already capable of sending you to the moon and beyond within a few minutes as it is. Yes, there have been some improvements and I'm sure we will see more in the future, but I would buy my version again without having to even think about it, it just works so well. On the other hand I'm not sure when and if we are going to see TMs with special or exotic woods anytime soon, esp. since environmentally friendly manufacturing seems to be part of the concept of the company.

@JoeKickass - Awesome teardown, thank you so much!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Want to share a thought: I'm in the same position as @Bad Dog. I want the TM so bad that I can taste it, but I, too, have to save for it. I don't need it as I have 2 primo vapes, but I'm 99.9% certain that it will compliment them splendidly. From all the posts, I'm thinking it may actually be the last vape I need for my taste & vaping style.

BUT ... I'm willing to wait 'til after the next 420 sales to see if the mfr. is gonna implement some of the improvements members recommended. And I would like to see how much he's gonna charge for wood upgrade. I don't like oak, & with my luck I'll get a soft, porous, roughly-textured finish & I know I wouldn't be happy. Since I can only afford to buy once, I want it to be @ the right timing. I'd be so disappointed if the mfr. came out with a noticeably improved version after I bought. I want the next comprehensively improved version. :nod:

[*Now, if anyone who's rich enough to have bought 3 wants to lend me one (for a short time, of course ;)) to check out :spliff:, I'm more than ready, willing & able. (Funny, I just recalled that there was a song back in the 60s with this title -- for those old enough (unfortunately:ugh:) to remember it.)]

This is all I have to say. :spliff: Have a good night, all. :)

Edited to add: @Shit Snacks, that's the new version amethyst w/o the red(?) in the anodyzing color making it look a fuschia purple. Am I right? 'Cause it looks beautiful.
@Shit Snacks nudged me into finally getting a Tinymight and while he did well to hurry me along I don't think he's correct to agree with your plan to wait for upgrades or exotic wood choices. I do think you're correct that you might get a more roughly finished oak body than you prefer - heck, it might even smell like seaweed initially.

My counter argument is that demand for the Tinymight has only increased since its release and buying one sooner (let's call it a Summer 2020 Tinymight) won't keep you from any future improvements for the simple reason that you can sell a TM on the classifieds or r/entexchange for your full purchase price, same day guaranteed. Folks are just that keen to get one without the wait or the international shipping.

You know I'm primarily a Splinter Z and Milaana user. I was expecting to dislike the cloggy metal cooling unit and the threaded battery door and I do dislike both those things but I give the Tinymight an enthusiastic thumbs up regardless. It delivers Splinter Z-esque vapor quality with portability and ease of use on par with a Fury Edge. I only paid for the included short stem and I followed @Shit Snacks' example of using a straight RBT stem as a WPA for j-hook use. This allows a glass airpath for better flavor at low temps and I can save the stock stem for times when pocketability and one hand operation are the priority.

The combination of excellent vapor quality and straightforward ease of use is a winner for sure though. Set the little knob anywhere from 4 to 8 and you get consistent results with no fiddling.

Last edited:

LabPong

Summer....when you wait for some killer highly finished off wood bodied TinyMight.....it will probably be $369+......that is if it even happens...... 🦄

Better off to get the vape when you can instead of waiting for something that might not happen or even be around later.....MV1....G43......and others are examples of my point here. But if you want the best portable vapor.......this is the little guy to do the job now!

tokenknifeguy

Iip64Su.jpg
The latest experiment a safe way to use the S&B capsules, still testing will report back with findings.
The caps definitely work. I've even stacked 2 capsules on top of each other. What I usually do is hit it like 2 or 3 times (usually at around 8 on the temp) and then flip the capsule over and hit it another 2 or 3 times. You can even put 1 capsule in, and then load up your regular stem as well.

tokenknifeguy,
Reactions: Siebter

SquirrelMaster

@Siebter
I don't how environmental reasons would keep the maker from choosing a different wood. There are plenty of woods harvested "responsibly".

@JoeKickass
When I did my tear down I stopped at the same point as you though I don't remember that printing on the board, that must be new. I don't know if the maker torques that screw holding the heater or there's lock-tight on the screw but that looks like it's the last piece so the unit could be fully disassembled.

@BestBuds
Did you fix you original unit that was having issues when you took it apart? Just seeing if you happened to go further than joekickass and I did.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@SquirrelMaster - True, there are ways to use exotic woods that has been produced responsibly, but as far as I know they are even pricier than wood harvested the not so friendly way. I personally would pay the exta $$ for it, but I'm not sure if that's a doable concept for the maker. Oak might not be the most attractive wood, but it's very durable and Oak trees are not an endangered species, plus I still think it looks quite nice, especially when aged a bit. Other non exotic woods like maple are often quite a bit less rugged than oak I think and after all not a whole lot better looking. I think most TM fans looking for wood alternatives are thinking of exotic stuff and not cherry or walnut.

I think Dynavap uses scrap wood for their Vongs and Dynastashes, maybe that would be a nice solution to have at least a small batch of exotic wood TMs here and there.

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

@SquirrelMaster - True, there are ways to use exotic woods that has been produced responsibly, but as far as I know they are even pricier than wood harvested the not so friendly way. I personally would pay the exta $$ for it, but I'm not sure if that's a doable concept for the maker. Oak might not be the most attractive wood, but it's very durable and Oak trees are not an endangered species, plus I still think it looks quite nice, especially when aged a bit.

I think Dynavap uses scrap wood for their Vongs and Dynastashes, maybe that would be a nice solution to have at least a small batch of exotic wood TMs here and there.

Ah yes I see what you mean. I don't know what the difference in cost would be but I can't see it being substantially more so it probably wouldn't bother me. Maybe he'll do limited runs with a single wood type so it's easier for him to manage and price and that would still give buyers some choice.

A nice elm burl or quilted maple to match the aluminum caps would look superb. There a LOT of woods that would look really good :D.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: Siebter

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Shit Snacks nudged me into finally getting a Tinymight and while he did well to hurry me along I don't think he's correct to agree with your plan to wait for upgrades or exotic wood choices. I do think you're correct that you might get a more roughly finished oak body than you prefer - heck, it might even smell like seaweed initially.

My counter argument is that demand for the Tinymight has only increased since its release and buying one sooner (let's call it a Summer 2020 Tinymight) won't keep you from any future improvements for the simple reason that you can sell a TM on the classifieds or r/entexchange for your full purchase price, same day guaranteed. Folks are just that keen to get one without the wait or the international shipping.

You know I'm primarily a Splinter Z and Milaana user. I was expecting to dislike the cloggy metal cooling unit and the threaded battery door and I do dislike both those things but I give the Tinymight an enthusiastic thumbs up regardless. It delivers Splinter Z-esque vapor quality with portability and ease of use on par with a Fury Edge. I only paid for the included short stem and I followed @Shit Snacks' example of using a straight RBT stem as a WPA for j-hook use. This allows a glass airpath for better flavor at low temps and I can save the stock stem for times when pocketability and one hand operation are the priority.

The combination of excellent vapor quality and straightforward ease of use is a winner for sure though. Set the little knob anywhere from 4 to 8 and you get consistent results with no fiddling.

While I agree with everything you say, the reason I supported @Summer in her decision and reasoning, is because she wanted to wait! To save up money at the very least, and yeah for any potential rolling upgrades (common for any handmade small operation) But yes the TM is great as is, for anyone who wants one and is able to purchase now, I would highly recommend it!

But yeah all this talk about potential exotic woods, I have absolutely zero expectation that the manufacturer is going to offer that in the future, so if that was anyone's main reason for waiting I would recommend reconsidering... If the rough oak is really problematic for people, I would suggest looking into some sort of wrap like @LabPong with his suede / velvet...

CGT_kD9WsAAKtcS.jpg

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
That is one teardown done the right and safe way,lol..
Vaped some CBD goodness trough the TM tonight at 5.5 trough my big j-hook stem,got pretty nice hits and am feeling really fresh :)),can really see myself spending some more time exploring this balanced feeling :)).
@Summer Oak might not be a looker for some cause of the grainy structure but i like it .It is also damn hard and durable wood,it is not soft in anyway,i dunno how you got impression that it has a soft texture.

slayyou

The caps definitely work. I've even stacked 2 capsules on top of each other. What I usually do is hit it like 2 or 3 times (usually at around 8 on the temp) and then flip the capsule over and hit it another 2 or 3 times. You can even put 1 capsule in, and then load up your regular stem as well.
It will work, but doing so is inherently risky, the OD on the wide side of the capsule is not large enough to rest on the steel lip of the bottom screen assembly since the capsule is resting on a weakly retained screen, you run the real risk of pushing that steel screen through and damaging the heater. Let's just say if I did what your suggesting I would be sending the unit back to Finland for service within the month, I'm just a clumsy person :D

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
That is one teardown done the right and safe way,lol..
Vaped some CBD goodness trough the TM tonight at 5.5 trough my big j-hook stem,got pretty nice hits and am feeling really fresh :)),can really see myself spending some more time exploring this balanced feeling :)).
@Summer Oak might not be a looker for some cause of the grainy structure but i like it .It is also damn hard and durable wood,it is not soft in anyway,i dunno how you got impression that it has a soft texture.

Oh I actually feel like it does have a soft texture, not that the wood isn't very hard, just the way it feels on my fingertips... and it certainly feels grainy and porous, rough yet soft, it has become more finished feeling now silky smooth thanks to hand oils... however I still feel the texture of the grain and it still has that soft skin feel despite the hard roughness, if this makes any sense?

Shit Snacks,

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
S&B capsules ...
YES! They get in the way :rant:when I search my "stock of accessories" for a clean screen for my TM.
I take them and don’t even put greens inside, just move them around ... and ...
I just pack the short stem :whip:

slayyou

S&B capsules ...
YES! They get in the way :rant:when I search my "stock of accessories" for a clean screen for my TM.
I take them and don’t even put greens inside, just move them around ... and ...
I just pack the short stem :whip:
I like variety, I keep a selection of 4 strains loaded in my capsules at all times. I then organize them into s&b keychains, that way I can just grab a tube of caps while leaving the home. Stem while at home caps when moving, this has always been my system. I saw that someone even found a case that can carry 3 sets of capsules at the same time :D, Imagine, your entire range of strains everywhere you go! I also use the volcano so boom, now I can keep track of my intake with little to no effort across multiple devices, like the USB port of vaporizers as it were, I hear the Sticky Brick fits them as well. Anyways options never hurt anyone.

Last edited:

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I like variety, I keep a selection of 4 strains loaded in my capsules at all times. I then organize them into s&b keychains, that way I can just grab a tube of caps while leaving the home. Stem while at home caps when moving, this has always been my system. I saw that someone even found a case that can carry 3 sets of capsules at the same time :D, Imagine, your entire range of strains everywhere you go! I also use the volcano so boom, now I can keep track of my intake with little to no effort across multiple devices, like the USB port of vaporizers as it were, I hear the Sticky Brick fits them as well. Anyways options never hurt anyone.
Careful with the heater screen...:myday:
I pack the stem directly from the tubes

MonkeyTime

If you take a close look at the photo you quoted you'll see I fixed that 😁 I can use them safely.

I can't make out your safety valve either, something looks flush with the top of the capsule?

Capsules working easily would make the TM a true beast for me.

MonkeyTime,
Reactions: Jill NYC

sashka69

@slayyou I would also like to know how you achieved this. It would be great to use the s&b capsules until there are better ones made by the manufacturer himself.

My tiny is still in Finland. I ordered yesterday, but without knowing it better, I would have tried a second mesh screen on top of the heater screen for more stability so the capsule cannot push the screen on the heater so easily.... But this might be absolutely nonsense, as I had no chance to look at it any further besides the photos you can see here.

sashka69,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@sashka69 - That would probably just push both screens down because you will have to push the stem down all the way anyways.

Personally I'd just stay away from those kind of experiments, especially since I don't see the need for capsules but mostly disadvantages. There are better ways to keep the chamber clean (for example packing mindfully or using a brush after the session) esp. when not stirring (which you won't do with capsules either).

slayyou

mc9SlUt.jpg
NgXBo3W.jpg
I used a modified version of Sui Sugi Ban on the body, I think it came out amazing, much richer color! I might try going darker but I want to see how I feel about this in a month. I also sanded it down to 320, it's now smooth as a baby's bottom, I sanded AFTER the Sui Sugi Ban treatment. It now feels like a smooth pebble in the hand. I also took the opportunity to soak the body in white vinegar 5% concentration, the mildly fishy taste of the oak was bothering me. It is now greatly reduced.
WkQyiUB.jpg

I removed the PCB, and inspected the remaining components, I decided that nothing in there would be opposed to a soak in a mildly acidic solution, it would actually help remove any (if any) minute corrosion on the stainless steel coils, in effect cleaning it.

The unit still works, but I could see how people might ruin their device, so please don't do this, I made calculated risks, knowing full well that the device might be irrevocably damaged.

I would say that making aftermarket body's should be trivial, as of now I haven't seen a non-destructive way to liberate the heater, so any such adventure would be a one-way trip, carbs, ultra-efficient heat recirculation, powerbase attachment? (easy way to connect to a suitable PSU for passthrough?)
Honestly, guys, modeling custom body's for this should be a joke, Ceramic body anyone? :D
I'm seeing a lot of potentials, I need to take some time to organize the ideas :D. I freaking love this thing, big HUG for the creator!
ps, there was some mild shrink in the wood, if feels more dense, everything still fit's, I expected it, but yea FYI

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
mc9SlUt.jpg
NgXBo3W.jpg
I used a modified version of Sui Sugi Ban on the body, I think it came out amazing, much richer color! I might try going darker but I want to see how I feel about this in a month. I also sanded it down to 320, it's now smooth as a baby's bottom, I sanded AFTER the Sui Sugi Ban treatment. It now feels like a smooth pebble in the hand. I also took the opportunity to soak the body in white vinegar 5% concentration, the mildly fishy taste of the oak was bothering me. It is now greatly reduced.
WkQyiUB.jpg

I removed the PCB, and inspected the remaining components, I decided that nothing in there would be opposed to a soak in a mildly acidic solution, it would actually help remove any (if any) minute corrosion on the stainless steel coils, in effect cleaning it.

The unit still works, but I could see how people might ruin their device, so please don't do this, I made calculated risks, knowing full well that the device might be irrevocably damaged.

I would say that making aftermarket body's should be trivial, as of now I haven't seen a non-destructive way to liberate the heater, so any such adventure would be a one-way trip, carbs, ultra-efficient heat recirculation, powerbase attachment? (easy way to connect to a suitable PSU for passthrough?)
Honestly, guys, modeling custom body's for this should be a joke, Ceramic body anyone? :D
I'm seeing a lot of potentials, I need to take some time to organize the ideas :D. I freaking love this thing, big HUG for the creator!
ps, there was some mild shrink in the wood, if feels more dense, everything still fit's, I expected it, but yea FYI
I would love to see a picture of your TM coil after being disassembled ... especially the ceramic pins..:sherlock:

Top Bottom