TinyMight / TM 2

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@abcd5432 Don't worry about the longevity of the cells too much, 2A charging is totally okay and charging them fully too. I recommend discharging them down to 50-60% in case you want to store them for a longer period of time (=several months).

tokenknifeguy

@tokenknifeguy
If there was a Mightymight you're thinking of it having larger diameter glass stems right? They would definetely need to taper at the mouthpiece imo if they were any wider than they currently are. Double the battery life would be nice but I find it so easy to swap cells. Ah hell who am I kidding I would preorder one now if they were available.
Yeah the owner was asking if I thought there would be demand for a bigger vape, "mighty might" and I think there will be. Basically the saying, if you build it, they will come, can apply in this situation. Yeah I kinda crunched the numbers and it looks very doable to have two batteries lined up along with the glass stem/heater. You can keep the same design as the TM, just make it a tad longer and thicker. Like the the battery side is thinner than the stem side, so basically you could keep the stem side the same size, but have the stem side as the thinner side' and have it widen just a tad to where the batteries will be held. Maybe beef up the heater just a tad, but as is, it is pretty damn strong. I've even taken the stem screw off and put a 19mm stem, the long bent stem for the tetrax, into the stem place and it the heater was powerful enough to get massive hits, with the added benefit of a larger bowl.

But again, you are right in that changing the batteries isn't a big deal and very easy. But I think a bigger brother in the lineup would be a smashing hit.

bro, but the size of the bowl in tm is easily adjustable . and I love big hits with .2-.3 that fit easily in tm stem
Yeah I get that, but I would love a wider bowl so I dont' have to stir as often. With the current set up, the bowl is just deeper, which requires more stirring. Just stirring a lot with the wire screen is the quickest way to get it clogged up. Honestly, it seems like most vape bowls could be wider, at least the 19mm ones. Seems like I would prefer a wider bowl with less depth, compared to a smaller diameter bowl but with it a lot deeper. I dont' have a mighty or the plenty, but those look to be wider diameter than most.

abcd5432

@abcd5432 Don't worry about the longevity of the cells too much, 2A charging is totally okay and charging them fully too. I recommend discharging them down to 50-60% in case you want to store them for a longer period of time (=several months).
Ah, I plan on buying a lot more batteries, so I figured I'd make em last since I'll always have a spare. I have 3 now. I'll get the tetra P80 and the max of spare batteries I can get for that. And then a third vape depending on which one I like more, or if the grasshopper vape actually becomes reliable.

If there's an optimal voltage to take them out, I'd use it. I looked online at a glance and it looked like it's different for each 18650 battery.

I have fear of not being able to use my device. Lol.

abcd5432,
Reactions: Siebter

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@abcd5432 - I have some 18650s that I'm using for about three years now, they typically don't stop working all of a sudden but rather will have less and less capacity. Just store them safely and keep an eye on the wrapping, then they'll serve you for quite some time.

I don't think there's an "optimal voltage" for Li Ion cells, they're meant to be charged to the brim and used till they're out of breath. LiPos for example are a bit more complicated, Li Ions are pretty simple to use.

Siebter,

GoCubsGo2016

Anyone have their battery screw top get completely jammed? It has never been smooth for me, cleaned the machine oil off yet it has always been hard to screw on or off. Now I am unable to get it off, it it stuck between threads and wont move in either direction. The soft metal is definitely grinding the thread and the indent in the cap is wearing when I have tried to get it off. I've tried upside down, a variety of coins, flatheads, etc. Any suggestions?

I emailed the maker a couple days ago and hope this can be handled under the warranty. Look forward to his response. Have only had the device for a week and am in major withdrawals.

GoCubsGo2016,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I'm really sorry to hear about your battery cover troubles, mine has always been smooth. Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Any suggestions?
Turn counter-clockwise to loosen. I would not attempt to tighten it clockwise. I initially used a poker chip to tighten and loosen the battery cover, now I just use my thumb. When it vibrates after inserting the battery when tightening it, I turn a quarter turn more and that’s it. Sorry you’re having issues and hope it’s resolved soon. :peace:

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

GoCubsGo2016

Thanks everybody! I will definitely snag some of that Nyogel. Just got back from home Depot, snagged a narrow chisel that was slightly more narrow than the cap indent. I was able to get it off, cringing while working it off. The cap threading appears to be the issue. I cleaned up part of it using a nail file and a jewelers flathead. I am able to get the cap on and off again, albeit not smoothly. Still waiting to hear back from the Tinymight creator.

Have a great week!

JoeKickass

What a great vape this is!

I love the feel and design: Ikea minimalist, Apple quality, and performance like a sports car!

Vapor quality is excellent: taste and density both seem better than my Grasshopper. And the cooling unit works well, but I'm a wimp and will probably buy a second CU to double stack them in the Iong stem.

I can also verify the need to keep the flower loose. When I packed the stem, no matter how gently, I would always get uneven ABV, but just letting the ground flower fall loosely in the stem and inserting the stem upside down always gives great ABV!

I haven't been able to get any kind of shine or polish with the beeswax, but it does give the wood a nice smooth feel and interesting smell.

Overall I can't really think of any complaints, this is just one impressive vape. It looks like the Tinymight will be replacing my Grasshopper in daily use, the performance and taste is better, and joy-of-joys the battery is a normal 18650!

tokenknifeguy

Anyone have their battery screw top get completely jammed? It has never been smooth for me, cleaned the machine oil off yet it has always been hard to screw on or off. Now I am unable to get it off, it it stuck between threads and wont move in either direction. The soft metal is definitely grinding the thread and the indent in the cap is wearing when I have tried to get it off. I've tried upside down, a variety of coins, flatheads, etc. Any suggestions?

I emailed the maker a couple days ago and hope this can be handled under the warranty. Look forward to his response. Have only had the device for a week and am in major withdrawals.
Yeah when I first got my TM, I did notice my battery cap was hard to put on and off. Upon further inspection, I noticed that there was a burr on the threads and I had to clean it off to get it fixed. I was worried about cross threading it, and it sounds like that is what you did. If you just did it and haven't messed with it too much, there is still hope on fixing it. For my job, piping, we deal a lot with threaded pipe and there are times when you inadvertently cross thread the pipe and have to fix the threads if possible. If it isn't too bad, it can be fixed. What I would do is take a knife blade (one you don't care about fucking up) and try and re trace the original threads. With it being aluminum, you have a chance of fixing it. Can take alot of work but would be worth trying if nothing else. So again, start at the top of the treads and trace it out with your knife keeping to the original threading. Usually you can see where you cross threaded it at, and work on that area. Think you could post pics if you are able to get the cap off?

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Overall I can't really think of any complaints, this is just one impressive vape. It looks like the Tinymight will be replacing my Grasshopper in daily use, the performance and taste is better, and joy-of-joys the battery is a normal 18650!
Ditto. I’ve had my Hopper for 4 years (well only 3 because it was in RMA for a year) and within a week of getting my Tinymight 4 months ago, I much prefer the Tinymight to the Hopper. Daily too. The vapor, taste, power, ease of use, glass air path and a common and solid performing battery are much better, IMO. Oh and the fantastic cooling unit which adjust fill size. SIMPLY AMAZING! :peace:

abcd5432

I will try 4. I did use session mode and 3 clicks works.

I'm going to start using that mode and see how I like it. It's basically how I was using on demand mode with less clicks.

I just don't want to unnecessarily wear the clicker down.

I got my battery charger. The 500 charge speed is very slow. I'm worried I did some damage these past couple of days charging at 2 amps. Luckily, I have 2 extra batteries I ordered so I know those are fresh. I'll just charge them in there every night. It looks like I shouldn't completely charge though and take out before full charge to prolong life? Just take them out of the charger when they're at 80%-90%?

I still can't believe how powerful this thing is. I did not expect the 6 setting to be stronger than any portable I'd had before.

Edit: 4 works for me consistently. Thanks a lot for that suggestion. Feels more smooth operating now than doing the double triple click.

I think I'll spend the next few days with session only since it's less clicks and see how it goes.

Or not. 5 clicks works though!

Also, I think I said that I didn't find stirring useful. If you're a person who really wants to use 100% of material, ya stir. I just did. Works, you do get good hits again. I was on 8, hit it, meh(after already just hitting it) , stir, hit it, strong cloud.

So if you really want to, ya do it.

Since I already use my stirrer at my "empty station" to get material out of the stem before I brush, I'll just do my last hit there after a stir. I like to conserve. I been picking up every 3 months and now have quite a bit of reserve stash on top of my normal pick up.

abcd5432,
Reactions: Siebter

SquirrelMaster

Today I got my Tinymight, and wow. I just tried it and I need to look for my jaw in the floor. Absolutely fantastic experience. Taste, easy to use, extremely easy to inhale! But the taste! This is art :)
That first time was pretty jaw dropping for me. Felt like a blast of vapour. @Macicman asked if this is a dope gun and I would say it is (I may have said before, feeling hazy from the Tinymight). I don't have a Grasshopper to compare to FYI.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
IMG-20200707-181016.jpg

Light amethyst medium plate BCG just arrived, and more glass is coming soon!

Summer

Long Island, NY
Want to share a thought: I'm in the same position as @Bad Dog. I want the TM so bad that I can taste it, but I, too, have to save for it. I don't need it as I have 2 primo vapes, but I'm 99.9% certain that it will compliment them splendidly. From all the posts, I'm thinking it may actually be the last vape I need for my taste & vaping style.

BUT ... I'm willing to wait 'til after the next 420 sales to see if the mfr. is gonna implement some of the improvements members recommended. And I would like to see how much he's gonna charge for wood upgrade. I don't like oak, & with my luck I'll get a soft, porous, roughly-textured finish & I know I wouldn't be happy. Since I can only afford to buy once, I want it to be @ the right timing. I'd be so disappointed if the mfr. came out with a noticeably improved version after I bought. I want the next comprehensively improved version. :nod:

[*Now, if anyone who's rich enough to have bought 3 wants to lend me one (for a short time, of course ;)) to check out :spliff:, I'm more than ready, willing & able. (Funny, I just recalled that there was a song back in the 60s with this title -- for those old enough (unfortunately:ugh:) to remember it.)]

This is all I have to say. :spliff: Have a good night, all. :)

Edited to add: @Shit Snacks, that's the new version amethyst w/o the red(?) in the anodyzing color making it look a fuschia purple. Am I right? 'Cause it looks beautiful.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Want to share a thought: I'm in the same position as @Bad Dog. I want the TM so bad that I can taste it, but I, too, have to save for it. I don't need it as I have 2 primo vapes, but I'm 99.9% certain that it will compliment them splendidly. From all the posts, I'm thinking it may actually be the last vape I need for my taste & vaping style.

BUT ... I'm willing to wait 'til after the next 420 sales to see if the mfr. is gonna implement some of the improvements members recommended. And I would like to see how much he's gonna charge for wood upgrade. I don't like oak, & with my luck I'll get a soft, porous, roughly-textured finish & I know I wouldn't be happy. Since I can only afford to buy once, I want it to be @ the right timing. I'd be so disappointed if the mfr. came out with a noticeably improved version after I bought. I want the next comprehensively improved version. :nod:

[*Now, if anyone who's rich enough to have bought 3 wants to lend me one, for a short time, of course (;)) to check out :spliff:, I'm more than ready, willing & able. (Funny, I just recalled that there was a song back in the 60s with this title for those, unfortunately:ugh:, old enough to remember it.)]

This is all I have to say. :spliff: Have a good night, all. :)

Edited to add: @Shit Snacks, that's the new version amethyst w/o the red(?) in the anodyzing color making it look a fuschia purple. Am I right? 'Cause it looks beautiful.

Yes summer you will need to own one of these but I think your logic on waiting is sound! Save the money and be rewarded with the latest possible product! We'll see how long I can hold out before buying my second, I would also like to see more upgrades to justify that purchase lol

I've been talking about it in the BCG thread, but my amethyst was a special request order, not the standard one for sale now on the site, it is a lighter shade that comes out more fuchsia, they were originally testing it this way before settling on a darker shade for the production version... So this is actually the old version amethyst and yes it has whatever makes it more fuchsia purple! The new version amethyst is a darker more proper purple, while they also have the ruby for a full red option (they have amber too)

Last edited:

bgrpph

Rceived my TM few weeks ago- What a great product in every way- looks great, performs wonderfully with nice cool vapor, & is relatively easy to clean. Tasty hits at low setting & ramps up perfectly producing lots of nice cool vapor. It's my 1st stem vape & i'm slowly gettin to know it & it will quickly replace my former favorate- Ghost MV1.

i also got a Milaana 3 this week & i'm just getting the hang of using it- but initially I don't like the way the stem fits in the vape- it just rests there & comes out way to easily w/o warning- I've already had a stem stick to my lips, come out of the Milaana & crash to the floor breaking. This vs the TinyMight where the stem is held in tight with an oring & no way its coming out unless you want it too.

JoeKickass

Ever since I was young, I've always liked to take things apart to see how they worked.
And the Tinymight turned out to be too much for my curiosity!

YN6OdpS.jpg
After taking the long bolt out, the metal top comes off first.
The upper heater glass falls out, along with a metal coupler that connects it to the lower glass tube inside, and also holds the mesh screen ring.
9YdyIF6.jpg
mt6W8X7.jpg
I love how the air intake path surrounds the stem and heater glass all the way to the bottom; when you inhale, the glass gets jacketed with cool air.
This preheats the air and keeps the glass cool and the wood safe at the same time!
XYeKnFf.jpg
Next, the bottom metal piece comes off to reveal the PCB.
It looks like the Tinymight is powered by a 16 MHz TI microcontroller, not too bad for a vaporizer!

jHTLXRE.jpg
"Don't Screw with the Screw" is a great little easter egg!

I decided to heed the PCB's sage warning, and did not attempt to remove the screw holding the heater and lower glass...
So it doesn't look like the PCB will be removable from the wood, at least not by me, and that means staining the wood body would be difficult.

7zb99nK.jpg

The design and ease of assembly is impressive, no solder is needed to connect the vibrator.
The two metal fingers on the motor line up perfectly with the pads on the PCB!

Overall, the Tinymight was a joy to disassemble, and I feel very good about the safety and effectiveness of the design.
Luckily, it was pretty easy to reassemble too and still works perfectly!

Modnote: Broken image links can be seen here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Not sure how feasible it is because I hear it's hard to work with but I really did black palm. Burl nano is on my list lol but I guess I'll have to come across a used one

Edit: Great tear down pics @JoeKickass

Last edited:
Top Bottom