• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TinyMight / TM 2

SquirrelMaster

Where's the tube holder, I don't see it on their site?

I prefer the noise of the a Tinymight over the MV1 as it's more clicky rather than a higher pitched whine. Neither bother me to be honest and I like the noise ESPECIALLY when I have the LED disabled.

I let a co-worker try my Tinymight today and a few minutes later he said he wanted one. It took a few mintues for him to collect his thoughts after it blasted him huge clouds :lol:. I converted him to vaping a few weeks ago with a Dynavap but the Tinymight had him so blasted. It wasn't the most productive morning haha.

androponic

vaped.
Where's the tube holder, I don't see it on their site?

I prefer the noise of the a Tinymight over the MV1 as it's more clicky rather than a higher pitched whine. Neither bother me to be honest and I like the noise ESPECIALLY when I have the LED disabled.

I let a co-worker try my Tinymight today and a few minutes later he said he wanted one. It took a few mintues for him to collect his thoughts after it blasted him huge clouds :lol:. I converted him to vaping a few weeks ago with a Dynavap but the Tinymight had him so blasted. It wasn't the most productive morning haha.

here you go
https://tinymightvape.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=64

and here is the whole accessories page
https://tinymightvape.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=60

MonkeyTime

I'm sure I'll order a couple soon to try, but I can't help but believe glass, SS, or Ti sleeves wouldn't change the profile directly. Could be for the better...... either way, going to order some.... tonight.

I've been running a large space in front of the CU with a light, fluffy, full load in front, love it! 7-8 on the dial gets me some flavor and full, no stir extraction on a good size load. Tomorrow I'll try a coarse BCG grind with the same setup. I'm excited.

@Relaxed , completely feel you friend. Took my TM bowling Wednesday night, used it there, used it after at home, couldn't find it the next morning. Stressed until I left work early today and found it. Kinda sad because I had decided if I didn't find it today I'd order another. Now I only have one.

But I really like it :tup:

Full disclosure, I've also had to much wine and TM :razz:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Guys on mobiles probably gonna hate me for the large photos,but i just couldnt find an online resizing tool. sry. Did a lot of testing last night. This vape gives very satisfying hits and taste got way better when i moved the load further from the heat source,also there is more space for stirring so no spilling problems either. I am so glad there is already a quartz sleeve option.. I cannot help myself but smell the aluminum.. It smells like something between fish oil and gun powder.. ,i also have history of reacting badly to aluminum with SV2.. In the TM the aluminum never gets really hot though so i am not that worried,but first thing i am gonna do tomorrow is order some quartz sleeves.
@Siebter I dont think SS will change anything if quartz works too.It is more conductive than quartz for sure,but less then aluminum. I will proove that with a little SS foil origami later tonight also will add more of impressions of the unit.Sofar i agree with most of the "fanboys" ,this is one of the best portables ever. I dunno if it well visible in the photos cause of the crappy light ,but my unit has darker shade on side and lighter on the other,and on one of the side photos the border is quite visible in person,i like it a lot.
q1RudTp8ssJE.JPG
idYD8HhSO15k.JPG
bUYn8ZuIe7la.JPG
Wka67XPRV6vu.JPG
iO45UDm7FFZA.JPG
CcxU9wa4fGi5.JPG
ZYsLwVf3No3C.JPG

ELrnoZm63Ykk.JPG

Last edited:

Sensory Leaf

I cannot help myself but smell the aluminum.. It smells like something between fish oil and gun powder..

Did you clean it thoroughly prior to use?
New, mine stank, and upon disassembly and wiping down with paper towel and iso, I removed alot of manufacturing residue...since then, my unit has had a "wood" smell, but even that's subsided now, and there's no smell at all

Abysmal Vapor

Did you clean it thoroughly prior to use?
New, mine stank, and upon disassembly and wiping down with paper towel and iso, I removed alot of manufacturing residue...since then, my unit has had a "wood" smell, but even that's subsided now, and there's no smell at all
Yeah i did everything trough ethanol then trough Ultrasonic cleaner with dish soap,torched my screens ,did burn offs. I am the Princess from the the Princess and the Pea.I often sense things others cannot ,but they bug me a lot and i did all these before even thinking of trying the vape :D..
Wood smell is subsiding fastly on mine too. No problem with it, i am used to logvapes and it doesnt bothers me. For what is worth i can smell aluminum almost in anything that is not painted or coated with something,one of the reasons i got rid of my DBV early in the game.

Sensory Leaf

Yeah i did everything trough ethanol then trough Ultrasonic cleaner with dish soap,torched my screens ,did burn offs. I am the Princess from the the Princess and the Pea.I often sense things others cannot ,but they bug me a lot and i did all these before even thinking of trying the vape :D..
Wood smell is subsiding fastly on mine too. No problem with it, i am used to logvapes and it doesnt bothers me. For what is worth i can smell aluminum almost in anything that is not painted or coated with something.

Obviously the quartz tube holder is for you... Like I said, I don't detect any traces of metal (not to say you don't, we and the units themselves are all individual) but I'm probably going to order the quartz tube holder, just to compare/contrast

Sensory Leaf,

Abysmal Vapor

@Sensory Leaf
Do you wait for the vibration before start hitting ? I noticed that if you start hitting few seconds after start but before the vibration,it gives me thicker vapor. Does it make it ramp more watts to compensate for the cooling ? I also very well might be imaging that though.. will re-confirm at later phase :D.
Buy the way forgot to mention that the button position doesnt bothers me at all.. I dont use my finger but press the button to my palm.
Edited:
Maybe that power ramp gives it inertia, just like there when you are too speed up with a car and there is a minimum break distance.

Last edited:

Sensory Leaf

@Sensory Leaf
Do you wait for the vibration before start hitting ? I noticed that if you start hitting before the vibration,it gives me thicker vapor. Does it make it ramp more watts to compensate for the cooling ?

Yeah I wait... I haven't tried not waiting. Drawing while it's heating, will draw cool air over the heater, which will make it draw more power to heat to the same temp... In theory the extra power SHOULD only be just enough to compensate for the extra cooling from the fresh air, but like I say, I haven't tried it so that's just theory, I'll have a play later, and report back

Sensory Leaf,

DonMarteng

@Abysmal Vapor My unit smells exactly the same man, almost like Sushi.
It got better with usage and I guess after a second deep cleaning!

Lainaus (:D) wrote back to me and as always his service is more than you can ask for.
He wrote me a whole manuscript of things I could try to solve the issue and included a DHL label just in case. He really wants 100% customer satisfaction which I value a lot.
Will try some of the things and report back. All of you new owners: Anyone getting loud tazerlike sounds or do you hear almost nothing besides the vibration?
Still not sure if I have a problem or if its my ears.

Abysmal Vapor

I have experimented with Led dimmers and foil coil heaters in the past and they make exactly the same sound,it is almost non existent with buck boost converters.Both looseness of componets,pwm and acoustics of the oak body contribute to that sound. There is simply no way one could stop the vibration in that coil,so i guess it is what it is... I never vape in public so it wont really bother me,also if it wasnt there, i would never know if the unit is powered on in stealth mode :).

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

Abysmal Vapor

For what is worth none can smell metals, it is something different you are smelling

https://www.nature.com/news/2006/061023/full/061023-7.html
Thanks for that. I thought it is metal IONs that contribute to that smell but maybe they are more in the taste deparment.
Would salty air or saline environment make metal smell ? After all salt is an acid ? Soils are pretty salty where i live and the wind blows the dust and makes everything rust and smell like metal.

Abysmal Vapor,

gracingfields

Obviously the quartz tube holder is for you... Like I said, I don't detect any traces of metal (not to say you don't, we and the units themselves are all individual) but I'm probably going to order the quartz tube holder, just to compare/contrast
anyone have a link to the optinal tube. or any other after market options.

gracingfields,

karec

Ill try the quartz and get another short stem since i broke one... :doh: but only when there is a WPA available especially made for the TM.... there is some WPA that are doing the job ok but there is small diameters variations that could prevent using it ok... so i won't get one without having 100% sure it will fit the TM.
Im applying real beeswax to the wood, it comes like a rock and im applying it with a help of a hair dryer to dissolve and then apply, only after 2 sessions and the wood is more soft and getting a nice colour, i will share later after i apply more.

Cheers
:cool:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Still not sure if I have a problem or if its my ears.

No, I am pretty sure something is wrong with your device – there is no way I could make a cellphone microphone pick up the sound of my device without moving it *very* close. Also it's apparent that the sound is at least as loud, probably even louder than the vibration sounds, which I can easily pick up at any time. I'd be interested to see if one of the makers' tips will work for you. But either way, always nice to see that he cares.

I'm sure the quartz sleeve is a reply to those who have trouble with the idea of aluminum *close* to the vapor path (even though it is fully sealed from it), and I think that's cool. I myself don't mind, but it has been brought up several times. And yes, metal itself does not smell, we associate certain smells with metal, for example degraded skin fat when we touch metal. It's very hard to make metals smell by themselves.

@Siebter I dont think SS will change anything if quartz works too.It is more conductive than quartz for sure,but less then aluminum.

It would stay hot much longer than alu or quartz I think, that's what I was referring to. And since that sleeve surrounds the chamber, I think it would affect the temp there and even result in a bit of a conduction effect.

And hey, your device looks so cool – I know some don't like the wood used for the TM, but I actually like the raw vibe it has and your TM is a great example. The grains and shades, so nice...

A bit of a nicer uploader → https://imgbb.com/
Edit: Online image resizer → https://picresize.com/

Last edited:

LabPong

Ill try the quartz and get another short stem since i broke one... :doh: but only when there is a WPA available especially made for the TM.... there is some WPA that are doing the job ok but there is small diameters variations that could prevent using it ok... so i won't get one without having 100% sure it will fit the TM.
Im applying real beeswax to the wood, it comes like a rock and im applying it with a help of a hair dryer to dissolve and then apply, only after 2 sessions and the wood is more soft and getting a nice colour, i will share later after i apply more.

Cheers

Karec I have 5 RBT short stems now for my Tinymight....2 clear and 3 gray color. They all fit the Tinymight very well and I would suggest you just get one of the gray ones. It fit a micro bit tighter...but the clear ones fit fine anyway. I found no variation in the different same color RBT stems. All you have to do is bend up some of the conical screens with the bottom of a 14mm male joint.

TMwpa.jpg

I cannot help myself but smell the aluminum.. It smells like something between fish oil and gun powder.. ,i also have history of reacting badly to aluminum with SV2.. In the TM the aluminum never gets really hot though so i am not that worried,but first thing i am gonna do tomorrow is order some quartz sleeves.

I found the wood to be the main culprit for taste and smells of the unit.......though the aluminum parts did have a lot of manufacturing oils still on them.....made my iso qtips quite dark actually when cleaning off.

But the wood smell/taste I found really bad at first...so bad I took apart the vape and actually wiped off the inner wood channels in the heater and battery slots. I used a cotton cloth piece and 91% iso.....did it a couple times one day while not using the vape. Then also after every time I used the vape...I took the battery out and let the inside wood breath off when heated up after using it. Then about a week later the wood smell was 80% gone for me. I can still smell it easily though.

And yes, metal itself does not smell, we associate certain smells with metal, for example degraded skin fat when we touch metal. It's very hard to make metals smell by themselves.

I could easily prove that theory wrong....lol I have super smell/taste abilities.

Last edited:

karec

Karec I have 5 RBT short stems now for my Tinymight....2 clear and 3 gray color. They all fit the Tinymight very well and I would suggest you just get one of the gray ones. It fit a micro bit tighter...but the clear ones fit fine anyway. I found no variation in the different same color RBT stems. All you have to do is bend up some of the conical screens with the bottom of a 14mm male joint.

TMwpa.jpg

I found the wood to be the main culprit for taste and smells of the unit.......though the aluminum parts did have a lot of manufacturing oils still on them.....made my iso qtips quite dark actually when cleaning off.

But the wood smell/taste I found really bad at first...so bad I took apart the vape and actually wiped off the inner wood channels in the heater and battery slots. I used a cotton cloth piece and 91% iso.....did it a couple times one day while not using the vape. Then also after every time I used the vape...I took the battery out and let the inside wood breath off when heated up after using it. Then about a week later the wood smell was 80% gone for me. I can still smell it easily though.

I could easily prove that theory wrong....lol I have super smell/taste abilities.

Dont know where to get those short stem in the EU.... there's is RBT products on Vapefiend and Vaposhop but not short stems.... WPA for the TM please since i like to see the vapor produced...

Cheers

Some-new-user

Wow! Sorry guys this thread is huge at the moment. Got mine. Had it for a few hours. Really love it. I sort of like the gaps in the surround where the led is visible. I can understand frustrations but if this was to be on the high end finished scale with one or two adjustments I'd happily pay double.

For me the noise of the vape is quite loud. In either session or on demand, it's like crickets chirping and have a recording on my phone - easily detected by its onboard microphone. It doesn't annoy me. Quite like it, somewhat comforting. I'm pretty sure its louder than the ghost. I've had a constant ringing in my ears for the last 20 or so years so can see how it could be a down point for some.

I have an Imp capsule, I'm not too sure about the fit. Theres a bit of a gap for me. It does take the edge off, dont think I'll be using this.

This is my new favourite vape though. I'm really impressed. I have wanted one for a while. Great service from vapefiend. Well done on them for supporting tinymight. It is very interesting to see what people can come up with. This ticks a lot of boxes for me. Thumbs up for rock & roll!

DonMarteng

This is the response I got, wantes to share since I was amazed by the time and effort he put into it.
I still havent decided what I will do with mine, but its good to know I could send it in anytime, thats customer support a lot of big companies wont offer!
The first part refers to me calling him Santa clause for 1 day delivery :D

"Hi! Thanks :D But I think we should remember that being a DHL Express delivery there is most probably a lot of German engineering behind to make this shipping possible :))
Thank you for the positive feedback, it is pleasant and appreciated!

The loose part is the button, as it has some freedom of movement so when you don't hold it and shake the device, this can be heard as something being loose. About the heater noise, it is normal that it makes a sound. When the unit is turned on, you hear it shortly make this sound as it starts immediately to heat in order to minimize the waiting time. Then when it gets to the blinking phase when the red led is blinking (stand by), the heater is inactive and the sound is not present. And when you hold the button it activates the heater and sound starts again. You can also hear different sound signatures if you listen carefully. This can actually give you some information what is going on. For example if you have it in session mode, and let's say temp at 4. when you turn the dial suddenly to 10, you will shortly after hear the sound change a bit, as it is now using full 100% power to heat it up quickly. And when you hear the sound change, it is because it has reached the target temperature and starts again to adjust and regulate the power at a lower level to just keep it stable. Same happens when you use it and the flow of air trough the unit makes the heater power increase and there are a little bit different sounds, depending on the current level of power being delivered to the heater.

This is basically the sound of the power. It comes mostly from the heater, as it has a very large thin surface and the current from the battery is switched on and off many many times each second. When a high current is switched on and off, there will be some movement in conductors which the heater basically is, and this causes vibration that we sense as a sound coming from the unit. If you take out the stem and close the top end of the unit with your palm and take it off while the unit is active, you should hear a change in the sound level as it should mostly come from the heater unless there is something else loose to cause the sound level increase. The combination of a high surface area heater heater and the high current being used is the main reason for this sound being this clear. So if the TM was heater was made smaller, with less power, the sound would be less audible. But it should not be too loud to be honest, most people recognize it being there but for example if you are in a noisier environment the unit needs to be brought closer to ear to even hear the nuances of the different sounds it makes as explained above. It is quite impossible to analyze the sound level from a video as so many things affect the recording so I'm not able to say if the sound is within normal levels or something special has happened. But we do test each unit before shipping, and have never encountered a unit that had something special going on in terms of noise. One place that can increase the noise is a bad contact between the battery cap and the battery, some sandpaper wipes to clean the contact surface could in theory improve the contact if the noise comes from there. Other than that it is now difficult to imagine what could affect one unit to sound different. But of course everything is possible. The new revision vibration motors are also quite silent compared to the ones we used earlier on and they naturally have completely different sound signature when compared to the PWM noise of the heater, so it is pretty difficult to compare the sound of the heater to the sound of the vibration. So with the information I have, I cannot say if there is something wrong or not. But I have never heard of anyone complaining of the sound, just mentioning it is there as it is. But if you feel it is not working correctly and that it might be faulty, it is of course ok to return it and we can prepare a return shipping label to get it shipped and all you have to do is to print it out and call DHL customer service and ask for a pick up. Once it arrives it is possible to check it out if there is something different going on. As I said this is the first time I'm hearing this being an issue and while I said I have not seen units with a problem like this, with technology everything is possible. "

TommyDee

Vaporitor
So the coil does sing :nod: Not surprising. Not a show stopper for a vape. Dead silent stealth is cool of course. I'm one of those that a PWM whine will wake me up every time. Won't be a problem in my home since I am the only user.

Top Bottom