TinyMight / TM 2

Zipford

I had tried everything I could find to do with my first one, including the tin foil shim and the wiggle and tighten. I would think the chances are slim that 2 out of 2 devices would not be working properly. Especially since they do function and seem to both function very similarly. I mean it does vaporize the product with enough sucking and stirring. I definitely get smaller hits than with my Dynavap or even my Mighty but with added throat irritation and uneven extraction. I have tried the basket screen mod listed in these forum it doesn't seem to improve anything, just makes it so I can use my upline stem.
Maybe its just the difference of pure convection and I don't like that? This is my only pure convection device.
With the TM, the uneven looking ABV is a fact of life. FWIW, I never felt that I was getting "less" out of my flower, and personally it seems mostly like a cosmetic issue (if I'm getting the right amount of effect from a given amount of flower, I don't really care what the ABV looks like).

Seems like you've tried lots of things and even gotten a replacement, so it's hard to say what the issue might be, but I will say small hits doesn't seem to be a complaint with a properly functioning device.

andrew`124c41+

Well, I think I can officially say I'm one of the few people who do not like the Tinymight. In fact, I would go as far as to say I hate it. I recieved a replacement yesterday as it was assumed maybe something was wrong with mine. It performs exactly the same. Extremely uneven ABV, hard to get a decent hit unless a suck for a long time by then my throat is trashed. I know tons of you love this thing, I'm really not sure how. I think its probably better with a waterpipe, but thats not really my style and I want it to be the portable vape it claims to be. I'm done buying accessories or anything else trying to enjoy the Tinymight experience. I see this vape recommended to people every single day and at this point I'm just confused. If I had to choose between Tinymight or combustion, I would choose to smoke.
Really sorry to hear this. I certainly can understand your frustration and probable perplexity about the matter.

My ABV consistency varies depending upon the particular strain and the degree of moisture present.

As I have mentioned previously, I usual vape at lower temps and am not looking for thick clouds. I get the results I need often without seeing much vapor at all. But that is me.

The main problems could be something wrong with the heating element or an air leak. I have used an inexpensive IR thermometer to check the heating element temps at various settings. As for the air path, I don't know of any simple direct method of testing it. The stem should be fairly snug when the unit is cool. The end of the stem should be in contact with the screen and the top O ring should keep it seated. However, the stem can be wobbled slightly because it is not secured in the bottom by an O ring.

The only other thing I can think of is not knowing your frequency of use and tolerance.

That you got a second unit and it is still not working satisfactorily for you is odd.

Last edited:

Misterhyde

@Misterhyde, short hits at 10, lighting in my room right now is shit but all the hits I blew were as thick as the one I did manage to blow at the camera :dog: even roast

Thanks for the video, it inspired me to vape another bowl through the Tinymight. TBH I got very similar results as you in the video. Maybe its the stirring thing that had me the most bent. I mean the entire perimeter of every bowl is still green, it bothers me. Pulling the stem out and fiddling around turns into its own chore, now you need a tool, and I'm probably going to spill some. If anything your video shows me that my device works exactly the way its supposed to...I just don't like it.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
the green around the outside of the stem is a little misleading, especially if you are vaping a extended session, the glass gets quite hot and some conduction vaping does happen. I think if you were to vape a bowl till vapour basically stops and stirred the load and hit it again you would see how little there is left despite appearances. you don't need to get super dark abv either to get full extraction.

Misterhyde

the green around the outside of the stem is a little misleading, especially if you are vaping a extended session, the glass gets quite hot and some conduction vaping does happen. I think if you were to vape a bowl till vapour basically stops and stirred the load and hit it again you would see how little there is left despite appearances. you don't need to get super dark abv either to get full extraction.
I understand that it is not a lot of green, but it is still completely green around the entire perimeter. Not just a lighter brown but completely green. I have trouble just throwing this in to my ABV. Maybe I don't need it dark brown,, but i don't want green in my jar. And you are right after a stir the remaining hits are pretty much shit anyway. All of my hits are definitely more irritating and less cloudy than from my other devices.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I don't use that stem often, at home I prefer a wpa and hook, I also only load a basket screen full roughly .05, never stir and get total extraction with no waste and I use the mod screen. you should try and use the tinymight like many of us do and I don't mean a hook :dog: load small bowls and temp step, ending wherever you get discomfort and if you want more blow out the avb and load another bowl. frankly if I want more weed I'd rather have a few tasty bowls than one big crafty at the ass end of the bowl. so I'm just saying instead of trying to bend it to your will try and work with it how it works best.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Are you grinding to a very fine grind, @Misterhyde? I could see some of the problems that you are experiencing from packing tightly and grinding very fine. I could be barking up the wrong tree, but you are describing almost exactly what happens in that case. A nice coarse, even grind is best.
I never stir, and my ABV is not uneven. Although it is not my goal to have completely even ABV, I think my natural draw causes the air to flow more evenly over my weed.

Misterhyde

Are you grinding to a very fine grind, @Misterhyde? I could see some of the problems that you are experiencing from packing tightly and grinding very fine. I could be barking up the wrong tree, but you are describing almost exactly what happens in that case. A nice coarse, even grind is best.
I never stir, and my ABV is not uneven. Although it is not my goal to have completely even ABV, I think my natural draw causes the air to flow more evenly over my weed.
I use a BCG with a medium plate, I hardly push it down into the stem a little with my pinky definitely not packed. It sounds like you were made for the Tinymight, lol.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I use a BCG with a medium plate, I hardly push it down into the stem a little with my pinky definitely not packed. It sounds like you were made for the Tinymight, lol.
Yeah, that sounds like exactly how I load and grind. It was a shot in the dark. Sounds like it might not be the device for you, as you said. Some folks just don't like convection and there is nothing wrong with that.

Zipford

I understand that it is not a lot of green, but it is still completely green around the entire perimeter. Not just a lighter brown but completely green. I have trouble just throwing this in to my ABV. Maybe I don't need it dark brown,, but i don't want green in my jar. And you are right after a stir the remaining hits are pretty much shit anyway. All of my hits are definitely more irritating and less cloudy than from my other devices.
@Misterhyde, short hits at 10, lighting in my room right now is shit but all the hits I blew were as thick as the one I did manage to blow at the camera :dog: even roast

Interesting -- I pack probably 30% of what Bad Dog packed in that stem and get big hits on 6, they look as big or bigger than in his video (probably a lighting issue?). And I get 6-8 hits from that amount, obviously decreasing in taste and clouds. So while there is still some green around the edges, it feels like I'm getting a fair amount of goodness extracted. And to look at the bright side, if I'm leaving some effects behind, my ABV will be stronger if I ever use it for something.

In my view, stirring is just a PITA -- it is hard to get the herb to stick together once it is half vaped, and just makes a mess. Maybe if I was packing 3X as much in the stem it would work better, but not with my microdose.

The green would also bother me more if I was in a cannabis drought.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I vape my load until the green is gone. I DO stir and I don't mind the tastelessness at the end of the session. I am quite certain if I had unlimited supply I wouldn't bother doing this and I would stay in the good taste range, but goods are not cheap here and it is an economic issue for me.

I am a huge believer in convection as the best method of vaping for me. Most of my favorite vapes have been convection, tho I love some hybrids (like VapCaps) as well. RBT is the one who dragged me into electric convection and I thank him for it. The Zion and the Milaana and the Splinter family of vapes have all been great performers for me, and I see the TM as a follow on to them as a completely self contained and pocketable version of that style of vaping. There are several good butane versions of convection like the Lotus and the Daisy/Sticky brick, tho I stayed with the Lotus to avoid breathing butane exhaust, but they are all powerful players in the convection space. Never the less I tend to reach first for the TM and next for a SplinterZ on a mod when at home. There just so easy to use to get where I want to be.

I get that there are folks out there who don't enjoy convection as I do and that is fine of course. We are all on our own journeys and our path all have their own twists and turns that may be unique to us or common to many others. But as long as we can all get the magic of cannabis into out bodies and minds it really matters very little in the long run how we got it there.

andrew`124c41+

Not sure this is the place for this or even how to go about it..but as it relates to the TM, here goes.

I hate clutter. I like to get rid of things I am not using... Pardon the digression but that is the rationale for what follows.

I have two accessories that I have never used. They are both brand new. Just sitting in a drawer at this point.

One is the 14, 15, 18 mm WPA and the other is the dedicated TM Bubbler.

I use a 14 mm WPA and have no plan to use any other.

As for the Bubbler, some of you may have read my questions about how to use it. I am happy with my present setup.....a 14 mm WPA and Bubbler.

So, I want to give these away to someone who perhaps is a bit tight on $ and could use one of them.

I don't want any $ and I will cover the postage.

Just PM me.

First person for each who PM me gets it. (Obviously, only one per person.) The Bubbler is self contained... You put your herb in... No adapter required. The adapter will work with any of the 3 female WP or Bubbler recepticle sizes.

Honor system about need. No questions asked :-

Just one caveat... US residents because I don't know about shipping this kind of thing outside of the US.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Not sure this is the place for this or even how to go about it..but as it relates to the TM, here goes.

I hate clutter. I like to get rid of things I am not using... Pardon the digression but that is the rationale for what follows.

I have two accessories that I have never used. They are both brand new. Just sitting in a drawer at this point.

One is the 14, 15, 18 mm WPA and the other is the dedicated TM Bubbler.

I use a 14 mm WPA and have no plan to use any other.

As for the Bubbler, some of you may have read my questions about how to use it. I am happy with my present setup.....a 14 mm WPA and Bubbler.

So, I want to give these away to someone who perhaps is a bit tight on $ and could use one of them.

I don't want any $ and I will cover the postage.

Just PM me.

First person for each who PM me gets it. (Obviously, only one per person.) The Bubbler is self contained... You put your herb in... No adapter required. The adapter will work with any of the 3 female WP or Bubbler recepticle sizes.

Honor system about need. No questions asked :-

Just one caveat... US residents because I don't know about shipping this kind of thing outside of the US.

You could definitely post this in the classifieds section...? But I think it is fine to have it here too

I still cannot resist using my TM with the Phineas cooling stems instead of stock setup, or rather with my various 18 mm female coolers and 18/14 hooks, and 18/14 dry rigs... With backwards RBT Splinter stems as 18 WPA (or Alan's for 14)

andrew`124c41+

You could definitely post this in the classifieds section...? But I think it is fine to have it here too

I still cannot resist using my TM with the Phineas cooling stems instead of stock setup, or rather with my various 18 mm female coolers and 18/14 hooks, and 18/14 dry rigs... With backwards RBT Splinter stems as 18 WPA (or Alan's for 14)
I have not seen the Phineas cooling stems. Where can I find them?

ezpz

Howzit everyone. Wife is taking me out to see Dr. Strange 2. Thought I needed to get properly medicated first.
20220526-123507-HDR.jpg

The stem on the right is the TM 18mm WPA. The left one is an 18mm RBT stem that I scored about a month ago, courtesy of @bossman . Thanks bud. :tup:

20220526-131244.jpg

20220526-131841.jpg

Hope everyone has a great 3 day weekend. :rockon:
20220526-132728.jpg

Oh wait........ today's only Thursday?.......... "Babe...... I think I fucked up." :mmmm:

Top Bottom