• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TinyMight / TM 2

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled with screen in cu by holes......... did not notice any improvement :( then it hit me the balls in the middle were now blocking the holes:doh: so I took apart and added a screen on top of the bowl cu, victory!!!!! not a giant improvement but noticeable. thanks for the tip guys!!

d9GFH7G.jpg

Vaporware

My TM seems to begin acting strange.
I'm usually temp stepping after 1 or 2 good long hits from 4 to 5 to 6 until I reach 9.

It worked quite well like this, my TM was bought in October 2020.

In August 2021 I cleaned all contacts because of poor performance. After this my TM worked like on day1.

Now it seems that on temp 8-9.5 nothing really happens (no extraction). The warm up time is (when device is warm and used previously on 6 or 7) for 8 or 9 round about a second. I think that's strange. When I set the dial to 10+ I'm getting huge clouds as I used to have on 8 or 9 and the heat up time is as long as I'm used to. When the TM is cold and I start with a fresh load on temp 8 or 9 I get good clouds and the heat up time is as long as it should. So what's going on with temp 8-9?

So it's like this now: I start on 4, go to 5, 6, 7 after several hits. Then I go to temp 8 or 9 (nothing happens like I'm on temp 2 or 3) but when I go to 10 it extracts fine again.

I never adjusted the temps and my herbs are the same as every time.

I'm afraid to send it in... Before that I will buy a second one so I'm not without a tinymight anytime. I will contact the support soon but I think they won't be able to help me (or just do their calibration thing) because they could say 'ignore temp 8 or 9 then, if 10 works as it should'

Is this new flower? It sounds to me like you might be extracting most of it at lower settings and only getting the cannabinoids that vaporize at high temps when you really crank it up. Or maybe the extra heat gets parts of the ground flower that aren’t facing the heater.

If it’s still working at lower temps I think it’s probably your flower or technique that changed.

karec

@SixStringToker @Seantagon @karec

Turns out the variance is in the VapeXhale baskets. Just got 'em in and at first I was bummed because only 1 of them fit snugly in the Tiny OG stem. But I have 4 different stems for my TM - so another one fit snugly into a different straight stem, another was Ok, and the last fell out. So I'm happy with this purchase. Appreciate the help from you guys and appreciate the mod SST (good punk record label by the way, lol)
I believe the are also minor diferences in the EVO baskets but there is also in the TM stems because i had some with inner diameter differences, gpad you made it work
Cheers

karec,
Reactions: TeaCup

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled with screen in cu by holes......... did not notice any improvement :( then it hit me the balls in the middle were now blocking the holes:doh: so I took apart and added a screen on top of the bowl cu, victory!!!!! not a giant improvement but noticeable. thanks for the tip guys!!

d9GFH7G.jpg

That’s probably the main reason I went with the SS balls, so like dzoinp’s original example I copied, using only 1/2 of the two CU metal pieces. I wanted to AVOID adding extra screens, and also get rid of 1/2 the metal of the CU. Using 1/2 CU, you obviously keep the OG screen setup in the open end, and only need to add a SINGLE screen to keep the balls above the holes in the sealed end of the CU. A bonus is I can still easily adjust CU bowl depth. Flavor is great.

TeaCup

I believe the are also minor diferences in the EVO baskets but there is also in the TM stems because i had some with inner diameter differences, gpad you made it work
Cheers
Yeah, that's true. I've said alot of suspect things lately - my brain hasn't been working too well. Just wished they weren't so expensive, I'd like to get some more but that would be 50 bucks for rolling the dice on how many more would actually fit snugly.

TeaCup,
  • Haha
Reactions: karec

kilo

another way to prolong your bowl is to treat the tinymight like a j, take a smaller toke and finish by filling your lungs with fresh air, works best with higher temps.
I know! The vape's airpath is so unrestricted and the heater so efficient that a small toke is often all that's necessary. Often I'll start at "3" with a heroic inhalation, then move to shorter ones as I step up, usually ending on 7½ or so. I've yet to even try "9" or "10"!

(Might as well confess – I've got another TM on the way. Just got to have a back-up!)

Bad Dog

I know! The vape's airpath is so unrestricted and the heater so efficient that a small toke is often all that's necessary. Often I'll start at "3" with a heroic inhalation, then move to shorter ones as I step up, usually ending on 7½ or so. I've yet to even try "9" or "10"!

(Might as well confess – I've got another TM on the way. Just got to have a back-up!)
if your tinymight is as spicy as mine a long inhale at 10 will car the load or possibly combust. a good way to play with those higher settings is with the wpa and water piece with a good view of the can, just hit it till you start to see wispy vapour then let go of the button and continue to draw, the hit will get thick as you go.

TimeBomb0

Tinymight order #72 here, vape's been working perfectly despite being one of the first orders. Almost always run it at 6, through water or dry with the extra long stem. Stellar vapor, not too hot, can easily get 2-4 huge hits.

Unfortunately the tinymight slipped outta my fingers yesterday and dropped 5 ft onto my hard wood floor.

Interestingly it still seems to heat just fine. I think the vibration engine may be messed up though. It no longer vibrates the battery level nor does it vibrate when it finishes heating up. But I am still able to take good draws through it. It does still have a mild vibration sound when it's heating though, maybe that even sounds slightly more strange since I dropped it.

Anyone experienced this before? Anything I could do or should keep an eye out for?

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Tinymight order #72 here, vape's been working perfectly despite being one of the first orders. Almost always run it at 6, through water or dry with the extra long stem. Stellar vapor, not too hot, can easily get 2-4 huge hits.

Unfortunately the tinymight slipped outta my fingers yesterday and dropped 5 ft onto my hard wood floor.

Interestingly it still seems to heat just fine. I think the vibration engine may be messed up though. It no longer vibrates the battery level nor does it vibrate when it finishes heating up. But I am still able to take good draws through it. It does still have a mild vibration sound when it's heating though, maybe that even sounds slightly more strange since I dropped it.

Anyone experienced this before? Anything I could do or should keep an eye out for?
first simplest thing to try is taking the tinymight in one hand and smacking into the palm of your other hand firmly, backside of the vape hitting your palm (not button side) this is very important if you do it button side hitting palm you could further dislodge the vibration motor. give it a whack then see if it is working.

if not you will need to dissemble, post again and seek further instructions

TimeBomb0

Thanks all! Glass looks in perfect shape thankfully. I hit it firmly as mentioned and it didn't help fix the vibration issue. Taking it apart (this was easier than expected!) shows:
1637093484742.png
1637093469911.png

Any ideas what I should to fix the vibration engine... or how broken the vibration engine is? Which part here is the vibration engine anyhow? Huge thanks!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Tinymight's site says:
You will see the vibtarion motor in the inside of bottom panel. It is placed in its rubber boot, and the upwards facing golden contacts might need to be bent a little but upwards to get them to make a stronger contact with the electronics board. Plese note, that to install the bottom panel successfully, we recommend to hold it in such a position that the button is hanging downwards, this way it will stay where it should and the panel should slide easily on top of electronics board and you can tighten the screw again very well

TimeBomb0

I may have misunderstood the FAQ about the vibration engine, I thought it said I needed to unscrew the little screw on the circuit board, so I did, and now it doesn't seem to want to stay put when screwing it back in. How bad did I fuck up? Three relevant pictures stitched into one:
1637093957011.png
Edit: Oh this is the temperature switch. Shit.

TimeBomb0,

Marlox

That two golden Pins on the black vibration-motor in the bottom-aluminum-part need to connect to the two pads on the board:

And that small round aluminum-dial of the temperature potentiometer (that big, white box on the board) originally is glued to the potentiometer.
It is not screwed on, just put in, so that the small "wall" on the dial backside slips into the longer slot of the cross in that white box.
If you still know what the temperature was set on, you can use this to estimate the right orientation. Be careful, the potentiomter ist very sensitive, it's end-stops are not very strong, so don't turn too harsh

BUT:
DO NOT TRY TO GLUE THAT DIAL IN!

Chances to glue the potentiometer itself is around 95% and it doesn't need to be glued really.
You will have to fiddle a bit when reassembling because of that loose part, but when the bottom-part is in place, the dial will remain in it's place, too

Attachments

• VibrationMotorPads.jpg
    VibrationMotorPads.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 7

Djsleepy

I may have misunderstood the FAQ about the vibration engine, I thought it said I needed to unscrew the little screw on the circuit board, so I did, and now it doesn't seem to want to stay put when screwing it back in. How bad did I fuck up? Three relevant pictures stitched into one:
View attachment 14401
Edit: Oh this is the temperature switch. Shit.
That’s just the temp dial it can sit loose and put back together but put on and turn it to the right all the way and you will it’s at zero. @Marlox is right may be a little fiddling but once bottom is in right position it should hold temp dial in place if that makes sense!

Djsleepy,
Reactions: TimeBomb0

TimeBomb0

Heyo, screwed it all back together and it turns on and it vibrates! I made sure to re-seat the vibration engine and carefully move the pins up a tiny bit so it'll be easier for them to contact the circuit board. HUGE thanks all!

I'm at work so I'll be testing it later to see how well it vapes and how much the temp is skewed. Hopefully it won't be screwed up to the point where I have to send it in.

The temp dial is probably looser than it used to be but it doesn't seem to be free-moving when moving the device around.
One concern:
The temp dial now goes slightly further beyond the 1(to below 1) and the 10 (to above 10). It seemed to heat up instantly when at the 1, as expected, and in a normal time when at the 6. I turned it up to the max and it vibrated in a similar time frame to the 6 and seemed to heat up normally, but it smelled a tiny bit burnt. Is that of concern?

And for anyone else doing this, it's not that hard, things generally go back together in an expected way, but do not touch the temperature dial like my derpy self did.

Bad Dog

what you wanted to do was remove the bottom plate to access the vibration meter, the small thing in the black silicone sleeve and bend the contacts up a little

TimeBomb0

Yeah, messing with the temp dial was completely unnecessary. I got confused because the site instructions mentioned I'd need both a torx and normal screwdriver, and when it said the vibration engine was below the circuit board, I thought I needed the screwdriver to unscrew the board from the wood and access the vibration engine under the board.

That's not the case as you said - vibration engine is just under the metal part that's easily accessible. I just screwed my temp dial up a bit for no reason due to my own misunderstanding.

On my previous post's concern - anyone know how bad it is, if at all, a burning smell coming from the device when heating to slightly past 10?

TimeBomb0,
Reactions: Djsleepy
Top Bottom