• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TinyMight / TM 2

mpaulc

If the herb is visually seeming to be extracted (dark dark brown would indicate that to me) I would think either your CU/Stem has gotten pretty clogged or possibly the herb itself doesn't have much vapor to offer.

Have you tried cleaning and/or changing up the herb since you started noticing it? Lack of power IMO would result in light herb
Thanks for the response. I clean very regularly... every 2-3 days, I’d say, rotating between two CUs. I have often wondered if it is the herb as well, though I must admit, it’s been a while since I had any good vapor (and a fair number of different strains). Definitely used to be better. Thanks again.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Thanks for the response. I clean very regularly... every 2-3 days, I’d say, rotating between two CUs. I have often wondered if it is the herb as well, though I must admit, it’s been a while since I had any good vapor (and a fair number of different strains). Definitely used to be better. Thanks again.

Weird... yeah I mean only other thing I would think is that there is an air leak somewhere, but still, if the herb is being evenly toasted there's only one way for the vapor to go.

Djsleepy

Try and reset the seal on the glass tube under the lid, it can be blue, black,etc. oring by lining everything up with no overlap. I run my finger inside and ensure I don’t feel any protrusions of oring. Good luck.
You’ll need a Torx bit 15 to loosen screw.

sanchezman

Commander in Kief
Hey, anyone know where I can get rimless basket screens that are SLIGHTLY wider and deeper than the TM ones. Something like the RBT rimless basket screens I think? I figured out that the stems from vigreaux stems 508 Phineas fit the TM but the TM rimless basket screens are too small.
I bought these screens last year for use with my RBT short stem. Originally they were slightly too narrow to fit comfortably in the stem, but I flattened the dome and stretched the edges until it fit. After a year of (ab)use, my screen is still doing its job just fine.

SquirrelMaster

Tinymight with @dzoinp screen mod, temp 10 , through water with a stir after each hit is such a nice way to arrive home and completely a extract a bowl in as few hits as possible. It's not for the flavour chasers but sometimes extraction speed is the name of the game and the Tinymight delivers in spades.

trevytrev

Happy little clouds
If the herb is visually seeming to be extracted (dark dark brown would indicate that to me) I would think either your CU/Stem has gotten pretty clogged or possibly the herb itself doesn't have much vapor to offer.

Have you tried cleaning and/or changing up the herb since you started noticing it? Lack of power IMO would result in light herb
It could be the herb, I vaped some stuff that had been sitting around a while and the difference in vapour to that and fresh bud was very obvious, lack of flavour too.

Does anyone use Sneaky Pete's The UFO Pipe (or DHgate version) with Tinymight? If yes, are they a good pair?

I recently ordered a few J-Hooks that I'm still waiting for and I also have the extra long stem which I imagine might be quite similar to a separate J-hook? Looking to add another glass piece in case I want to try adding water occasionally to use with TM and Dynavaps and the UFO seems to be liked with Dynas.

HelwaniBoxing,

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
So I've had my TM few months now and it has become my go-to portable (and when I can't be bothered to reach for my vrod it meets most of my desktop demands).

When I first received it, temp settings 4 was adequate to start, finishing at say 6. That would give me excellent extraction. Over the last few weeks I've had to increase this slightly, starting on say 5.

Last night whilst lying on my sofa I reached for my TM and clumsily dropped it about 12 inches onto tiled floor!

I fired it up and phew, it worked. But in my usual settings it almost scorched. I now have to start in temp 2 and finish on 4. If I go to 6 it will scorch slightly.

I'm not complaining, as it still works, just slightly hotter.

But should I be concerned that I have damaged it. What might I have done? Has anyone any thoughts...??

I think this has made me think about a spare convection heavy hitter. Another TM or wait for a tetra. Decisions, decisions....

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So I've had my TM few months now and it has become my go-to portable (and when I can't be bothered to reach for my vrod it meets most of my desktop demands).

When I first received it, temp settings 4 was adequate to start, finishing at say 6. That would give me excellent extraction. Over the last few weeks I've had to increase this slightly, starting on say 5.

Last night whilst lying on my sofa I reached for my TM and clumsily dropped it about 12 inches onto tiled floor!

I fired it up and phew, it worked. But in my usual settings it almost scorched. I now have to start in temp 2 and finish on 4. If I go to 6 it will scorch slightly.

But should I be concerned that I have damaged it. What might I have done? Has anyone any thoughts...??

I think this has made me think about a spare convection heavy hitter. Another TM or wait for a tetra. Decisions, decisions....

If it's still working and everything seems fun I wouldn't worry too much, resistance could have knocked, my first one dropped and the only seeming change was that the battery lid had to be screwed all the way down now to make the contact, but no real issues... I still used it as an excuse to further justify my second one though! I'd recommend looking into the FW7 to compliment TM though btw!

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Good point re the fw7. I had forgotten about that one and I like the look of it. Curse you fellow vapers. We're all doomed....
And thanks for the reassurance. My TM just seems turbo charged now.

Really can't say enough about the TM. My poor crafty plus (a damn fine replacement for my broken mighty) only gets pulled out when novice vapers want to indulge....

sesh732

Imaginable
I've had my TM about a week and I can't get even extraction. Perhaps some TM veterans here can give me pointers? There is always a scorched ring in my flower, I assume it's the heater shape. I'm grinding medium-fine and not packing tight. I'm inserting the stem (WPA or long cooling stem) fully but the flower is still ~2mm away from the heater screen as I'm not packing all the way to the tip. I can get even extraction to light brown flower on temp 3-4, but as soon as I try to temp step there's that ring of fire. So I have to choose between lots of light rips on 3 and scorched (but still much lighter in the center) flower on higher levels. My experience with my splinter z was much better though I had to rotate the load to get even heating. Is hq flower and I've tried multiple strains with the same results. I'm not new to thermal extraction. Any ideas?

sesh732,
  • Sad
Reactions: dimmusp

ezpz

@sesh732
You can put a dome screen between the heater and herb, but then you gotta pick that screen out every time you reload. A rimmed basket screen between the heater and herb makes for easier reloading, but the "rim" gets caught on the stem holder o-ring when removing. You can dremel the rim so it doesn't get caught, but dremel too much, and the rim falls apart.
Or.......:dog:......... If you have gargantuan sized cojones........ you can check out the @dzoinp heater screen mod.
Wow!... guys thanks for so many likes!
Well...i already post another mod much better then the cork...
For those that put the greens 4mm away from the heater screen, liked to tamped the bowl, and don't want to struggle with another screen... I use like this

IMG-20200229-005642.jpg
IMG-20200301-015745.jpg

With the original ring and screen placed on the TM (the screen must be properly inserted in the slot) the rimed domed screen is stuck and when inserting the stem it will be inserted into it.
IMG-20200319-143721-1.jpg
IMG-20200301-015837.jpg
Good luck. :tup:

MonkeyTime

Can't say I disagree with @Shit Snacks , but can't help but think that a physical jarring from a drop would affect it physically. If there's been a change in resistance, something is different. For peace of mind, I would give her a good inspection, especially around the heater and screen above it. A good look down towards the heater with the screen removed to see if the spiral of the heater looks even and not out of place would make me feel better. Or better yet, if you've opened it up before, give the heater a good visual inspection.

My first unit was loosing power every few days and I was opening up and cleaning/adjusting connections. Over time the heater coil became unstable and I was getting much less power. I've still got the coil out on that unit, with visions of trying to rewrap it myself someday, unfortunately, I have many more plans than time to act on them :razz:

sesh732

Imaginable
@sesh732
You can put a dome screen between the heater and herb, but then you gotta pick that screen out every time you reload. A rimmed basket screen between the heater and herb makes for easier reloading, but the "rim" gets caught on the stem
Thanks for the info! So, the mod is take it apart and flip over the heater screen? Seems doable edit: I misunderstood, there's a rimmed basket screen added to the TM. Sadly, my basket screen from TM seems too small, it won't stay in the heater well without falling out. Sad that my new pricey TM needs so much work to be the vape I hoped it would be!

Last edited:
sesh732,
  • Wow
Reactions: ezpz

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Can't say I disagree with @Shit Snacks , but can't help but think that a physical jarring from a drop would affect it physically. If there's been a change in resistance, something is different. For peace of mind, I would give her a good inspection, especially around the heater and screen above it. A good look down towards the heater with the screen removed to see if the spiral of the heater looks even and not out of place would make me feel better. Or better yet, if you've opened it up before, give the heater a good visual inspection.

My first unit was loosing power every few days and I was opening up and cleaning/adjusting connections. Over time the heater coil became unstable and I was getting much less power. I've still got the coil out on that unit, with visions of trying to rewrap it myself someday, unfortunately, I have many more plans than time to act on them :razz:
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated.
I did have a good look having removed the coil cover and all looks aligned and good. But like you say something must have happened to change resistance.
However it is working fine, albeit hotter now. So I start on 2 and end on 4.....
Until something more dramatic happens I shall resist taking it apart.
I have a new stem which I will post details up as it is brilliant and made (yes made) in France.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
resistance could have knocked
:nod:
something must have happened to change resistance.
I agree ... check if the screw is tight (very tight)! It seems to me that it is not.:myday:

By the way ... for those who suspect that have a loss of conductivity in their TM:
It is possible to scrape the contacts (board and top plate) only by slightly loosening the screw, in order to be able to move the aluminum plates. then re-tighten (very tight) the screw and try :cool:

ezpz

Thanks for the info! So, the mod is take it apart and flip over the heater screen? Seems doable edit: I misunderstood, there's a rimmed basket screen added to the TM. Sadly, my basket screen from TM seems too small, it won't stay in the heater well without falling out. Sad that my new pricey TM needs so much work to be the vape I hoped it would be!

HO....... LEE....... SHET dude! I did not think you would take the advice of some random guy on the internet, and disassemble your brand new $250 vape. I applaud your massive cojones. :clap: I on the other hand, have none ( or maybe just tiny ones). So I have never attempted that mod. Maybe someone who has can share their experience. The way I solved the black ring is either vape it till it becomes a black circle, or just don't look. 😂 Works like a charm. Anyways, let this be a lesson to everyone, Never question the size of another man's cojones, unless you, have gigantic ones. I hope you learned your lesson.

sesh732

Imaginable
HO....... LEE....... SHET dude! I did not think you would take the advice of some random guy on the internet, and disassemble your brand new $250 vape. I applaud your massive cojones. :clap: I on the other hand, have none ( or maybe just tiny ones). So I have never attempted that mod. Maybe someone who has can share their experience. The way I solved the black ring is either vape it till it becomes a black circle, or just don't look. 😂 Works like a charm. Anyways, let this be a lesson to everyone, Never question the size of another man's cojones, unless you, have gigantic ones. I hope you learned your lesson.
Taking apart and putting back together only took a couple minutes. I didn't remove the top panel or the glass sleeve! If I never tried something a random netizen recommended, where would I be? Not on FC 😉

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
In theory you do not need to dissemble the Tinymight to do the @dzoinp heater screen mod (we’re not worthy, we’re not worthy! :rockon:). Just remove the stem ring, stem oring, metal cylinder and be careful not to touch the inner glass liner. The heater screen should come out; you may need a little coaxing if it’s stuck.

I initially tried and failed last year and, due to my lack of experience at the time, didn’t complete it - and the oring on top the glass lining came out and I couldn’t get it back in. Luckily I was placing an accessory order at the time and requested replacements. However recently, though not quite the full heater screen mod, I needed to replace the screen which had a small hole in it. I cut down a flat stainless screen which was still too big but managed to get the edges in the track in the ring and pushed it up so it fit. It’s a mini dzoinp heater screen mod and it’s holding up well though I don’t use it to compact or press flower in my stem (which is the stock short stem) - I keep a little space from the edge of the stem with my flower. I need to order the right size flat screens and the right basket screen to re-attempt the full Monty. But I’m in no rush. As long as my TM works well, which it largely has for 15+ months (:love:) life is better than good. TGIF! :peace:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Warning ⚠️ warning ⛔️ red alert 🚨
This warning is aimed at any diy stainers! If you want to do a thorough job you probably will want to disseminate? I did..... I’ve done it several times without incident because I’ve never monkeyed with the heater but during my staining something went wrong 😑 the glass sleeve and metal band that surrounds the heater dislocated and fell out of position........above the heating coil 😬 while I’ve been staining the past week I’ve had the tinymight in a upside down position to keep oil from dripping down onto the board and the top is flat and level to stand it up. But all that time upside down the glass slowly slipped out of position 🤬 no sense crying over spilt milk, worst case scenario I pay for the repair so I thought I’d at least look first. Didn’t take me long to see what happened and I figured what I had to do...... the problem was can I do it? After 45 minutes of working it over with a pick I was able to pop it back in position and slid the glass back into place........ reassembled...... battery in , screwing in the door 🤞.......... it buzzed!!!!!! I was so relieved 😅 but the real test can I turn it on? Three clicks and I get my battery level....... he goes nothing.......... Tao Tao was singing! No weird noise, sparks , smoke 💨 seems ok but is it actually heating? Only one way to find out so I loaded up a bowl and it went pretty normal, might be my imagination but it might be running 1 temperature setting hotter but during the disassembly I also gave both caps a going over with a white eraser so that might be why? All’s well that ends well 😅 the moral of the story if you’re going to disassemble and keep your tinymight upside down for a while fill the void with some blank ink free paper crumpled up to fill the void And support the heater assembly 3E1680A5-8203-40C9-8B27-F2B2FB09B587.jpegEC2261DB-0FB9-4CEB-8566-797AF4C4AA5C.jpeg85EC572C-372A-4AD8-AB77-FFECB4293585.jpeg

BeEazy

I've had my TM about a week and I can't get even extraction. Perhaps some TM veterans here can give me pointers? There is always a scorched ring in my flower, I assume it's the heater shape. I'm grinding medium-fine and not packing tight. I'm inserting the stem (WPA or long cooling stem) fully but the flower is still ~2mm away from the heater screen as I'm not packing all the way to the tip. I can get even extraction to light brown flower on temp 3-4, but as soon as I try to temp step there's that ring of fire. So I have to choose between lots of light rips on 3 and scorched (but still much lighter in the center) flower on higher levels. My experience with my splinter z was much better though I had to rotate the load to get even heating. Is hq flower and I've tried multiple strains with the same results. I'm not new to thermal extraction. Any ideas?
I would suggest pushing the cooling unit up and away from the heater and packing less. Move the cooling unit up to the point that you can visibly see the second O-ring from the top of the TM and pack the stem with about 0.05. I can use my TM on 9 and get an even toast with some huge clouds.

cleeb

Can anyone tell me what the highest temperature possible is after contacting the manufacturer to recalibrate? I noticed that focus carta buckets fit nicely in the tinymight and was wondering if it can achieve concentrate temps. Not getting any response from their support. Thanks

6. Is it possible to get higher temperatures than I get at 10? or lower than I get at 1?

Yes, Tinymight allows the user to change the temperature range if the default one is not ideal for the user. email us for instructions.

cleeb,
Reactions: dimmusp
Top Bottom