TinyMight / TM 2

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Finally got around to trying this
A238E195-687B-45EB-8920-7880F4447182.jpeg
A little back story first :myday: I’ve been aware of @dzoinp ‘s mod for some time and even already failed to accomplish it twice now before success today! The first time I attempted it i was something of a tinymight Nube I tried using a mesh rimed rbt basket screen and failed not knowing that the mod utilized the original screen as well so I gave up on it for the time being, until I thought about it and a week ago and clicked the link in his signature and saw in more detail how it is done ✅ and yesterday I tried it with a solid rimed rbt basket screen plus original heater screen....... tried for a hour there was no way to get to original screen in place with the basket screen in there, so I failed again thinking the rim was too thick on the basket and ordering the correct one from eBay out of country seemed unappealing so I gave up again until today when it hits me the mesh rimed screen duh! And what do you know it works, I didn’t even have to take out the original screen I was able to squeeze and cajole it into place from the top. Success! Only thing left to do was try it out 😉

partial review and question period
It works! End of review I won’t be taking any questions lol jk though it does work quite well as I suspected it would? I’ve known from experience that the further away from the heater the more even the top of the bowl vapes it just requires more power, learned that with my rbt wpa short stem. Back to the mod and what it does! Very even avb on the top of the bowl, even browning everywhere except what touches the glass. I really wanted to see what the mod was capable of so I set the temp to 7 which is where I top out with my wpa, at least for one hitters. Took some more medium style hits checking the load every hit. Vapour Started to die and bit , the top of the bowl was brown but I decided to stir and see what I get and it was a big hit followed by a wispy hit and done. I’m impressed but I do have some questions for @dzoinp would you say it a fair assumption that the mod requires a bit more heat than the stock configuration? Is why you have your tinymight more highly tuned?

I will be doing more experiments on my own seeing what works best for me

conclusion: I like it

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Finally got around to trying this
View attachment 7190
A little back story first :myday: I’ve been aware of @dzoinp ‘s mod for some time and even already failed to accomplish it twice now before success today! The first time I attempted it i was something of a tinymight Nube I tried using a mesh rimed rbt basket screen and failed not knowing that the mod utilized the original screen as well so I gave up on it for the time being, until I thought about it and a week ago and clicked the link in his signature and saw in more detail how it is done ✅ and yesterday I tried it with a solid rimed rbt basket screen plus original heater screen....... tried for a hour there was no way to get to original screen in place with the basket screen in there, so I failed again thinking the rim was too thick on the basket and ordering the correct one from eBay out of country seemed unappealing so I gave up again until today when it hits me the mesh rimed screen duh! And what do you know it works, I didn’t even have to take out the original screen I was able to squeeze and cajole it into place from the top. Success! Only thing left to do was try it out 😉

partial review and question period
It works! End of review I won’t be taking any questions lol jk though it does work quite well as I suspected it would? I’ve known from experience that the further away from the heater the more even the top of the bowl vapes it just requires more power, learned that with my rbt wpa short stem. Back to the mod and what it does! Very even avb on the top of the bowl, even browning everywhere except what touches the glass. I really wanted to see what the mod was capable of so I set the temp to 7 which is where I top out with my wpa, at least for one hitters. Took some more medium style hits checking the load every hit. Vapour Started to die and bit , the top of the bowl was brown but I decided to stir and see what I get and it was a big hit followed by a wispy hit and done. I’m impressed but I do have some questions for @dzoinp would you say it a fair assumption that the mod requires a bit more heat than the stock configuration? Is why you have your tinymight more highly tuned?

I will be doing more experiments on my own seeing what works best for me

conclusion: I like it
Congratulations and thanks for the picture. Your perseverance paid off. I too failed miserably at my only attempt at the @dzoinp screen mod :rockon: It was a comedy of errors unto itself. Please do post more of your experience with it. I’m not sure I have the right basket screen and I have flat ones on their way. I may get inspired to try it again, now that I’ve been varying my stem & CU configurations. Glad you got it! :peace:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
PXL-20210417-005132819.jpg

Got this klein recycler rig on reddit ent exchange for dabbing recently, but it actually works pretty well with tinymight too!

karec

would you say it a fair assumption that the mod requires a bit more heat than the stock configuration?
Ive been using @dzoinp mod since he launch it here, at first was a bit off regarding the TM, was using at 6 and getting the black/darker circle messing up the flavour so putting the load further away seemed to be the right alternative, that and using close to 5. So answering your question, i didnt had to bump it higher rather the opposite, but i seek flavour and not clouds. Once i got the sweet spot i realised the potential of the TM and since then is my N1 daily driver.

I’m not sure I have the right basket screen and I have flat ones on their way.

Assembling wasn't easy at first, i start using a VXH basket with no good results (rim too thick) but when i got the right one was easy enough. IMO it is an upgrade, the maker should take this idea and upgrade that screen, i won't use the factory version.

Cheers
:cool:

Last edited:

Vaporific

Ive been using @dzoinp mod since he launch it here, at first was a bit off regarding the TM, was using at 6 and getting the black/darker circle messing up the flavour so putting the load further away seemed to be the right alternative, that and using close to 5. So answering your question, i didnt had to bump it higher rather the opposite, but i seek flavour and not clouds. Once i got the sweet spot i realised the potential of the TM and since then is my N1 daily driver.

Assembling wasn't easy at first, i start using a VXH basket with no good results (rim too thick) but when i got the right one was easy enough. IMO it is an upgrade, the maker should take this idea and upgrade that screen, i won't use the factory version.

Cheers
:cool:
You're both instilling in me hope that I could at least re-attempt it. Thanks! Remains to be seen if I have the right basket screen. If not I'll PM either of you where you bought them.

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't. In my recently begun CU experiment I removed all nuts and washers and using the two-piece CU with just a simple cup screen in the stock short stem again. AHHHHHHHHHHH! Muy bueno! I'm also starting @ 3 now as opposed to 5+. Granted I'm not getting huge clouds now but great low-end taste and dang, the effect is pretty darn good too. Oh yeah, I may even be able to squeeze longer life out of the load too - I'll definitely get a 3rd session even temp-stepping slightly between sessions too which I mostly do (there's the occasional momentary lapse of reason). I think I can live without the nuts & washers for a while and re-acclimate a bit and see how it goes. Sans nuts & washers cleaning will be that much easier and faster, and I clean my stem & CU every couple of weeks (and have two sets too - best decision besides buying this amazing vape!). Now why didn't I think of not using the nuts and washers sooner? :sherlock: Weekend regards to all as I need to keep experimenting! ;) :peace:

BestBuds

The Dude
Stoner question. What if you put a little fresh nug in between the cu cups instead of the nuts and washers? Would that give super fresh taste all the way through and just coat that nug with reclaim?
Was that ever an effective concept with the IQ flavor chamber?
:sherlock: :science:

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
would you say it a fair assumption that the mod requires a bit more heat than the stock configuration? Is why you have your tinymight more highly tuned?
I honestly don't think so, but as the dark ring disappears, it can really give that impression. My original TM is as it came from the factory since it returned with new electronics.
The mod also facilitates stirring and keeps the stem firmer inside the TM
I'm glad you like it

Ive been using @dzoinp mod since he launch it here
;):cheers:

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Nice! How did you make that?!
I have a glass blowers torch and also there is a glass annealing kiln at the Art university,this is beautiful Simax tubing 16 OD/2,5mm wall,gives me a more even bake then the 16/2 for some reason. Dimple architecture is crucial ,especially if you are going to make a lot of them,the more you have the harder it gets , i learned it with a lot of breakage,i also laugh a bit when a see a cooling stem with a very few and spaced far away from each other dimples,i know that the maker went for an easy game :D. Annealing also known as stress relief is crucial to the durability an safety of glass,it is a PID controlled oven that heats to a certain temp and maintains is over a certain period of time and then cools it off very slowly (hours) . Fun fact ,If this is not done properly it can shatter in your face while using or just by sitting in the drawer :D.It was around 30 cm long before manipulation ,if you are wondering.

Last edited:

Vaporific

Stoner question. What if you put a little fresh nug in between the cu cups instead of the nuts and washers? Would that give super fresh taste all the way through and just coat that nug with reclaim?
Stoner answer: there’s only one way to find out ;) . I’ve never tried but it sounds like a wonderful idea. Can’t hurt anything. Maybe CU gets dirtier quicker but it can always be cleaned. I pre-grind mostly so I don’t have nugs readily available - perhaps my next grinding sesh I’ll try it. :peace:

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
I have a glass blowers torch and also there is a glass annealing kiln at the Art university,this is beautiful Simax tubing 16 OD/2,5mm wall,gives me a more even bake then the 16/2 for some reason. Dimple architecture is crucial ,especially if you are going to make a lot of them,the more you have the harder it gets , i learned it with a lot of breakage,i also laugh a bit when a see a cooling stem with a very few and spaced far away from each other dimples,i know that the maker went for an easy game :D. Annealing also known as stress relief is crucial to the durability an safety of glass,it is a PID controlled oven that heats to a certain temp and maintains is over a certain period of time and then cools it off very slowly (hours) . Fun fact ,If this is not done properly it can shatter in your face while using or just by sitting in the drawer :D.It was around 30 cm long before manipulation ,if you are wondering.
Thats still pretty dope that you made it

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I honestly don't think so, but as the dark ring disappears, it can really give that impression
I believe your right and I had several variables in play including starting with a somewhat dirty stem and cu and using a very fine grind from a strain that seems to give a extra big hit vs everything else I have to vape 💨 to list a few but I do want to really want to see for myself what if any limitations the mod has vs stock so I’m deep cleaning my cu and stem using my regular light course grind. Even works fine with my wpa and screen placement and I was able to still crush my usual one hitters, which is another reason I believe you’re correct about not needing more heat. More experiments 🧪🔬

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
Damn that sounds very involved and not something I can just wing by myself on a Sunday afternoon ha.

Looks dope though, well done! How do you form the dimples in general? Some pokey thing?

Spike11552

I’ve got to say, the tinymight works pretty well on session mode. All of this time I’ve been playing around with on demand, it’s nice to just sip and not think about it as much.

I reached out to mike from OGB and got him making me the sidecar customized with 18.8mm attachment instead of 14mm. He responded so fast and told me he will be starting this weekend, I’m super stoked for that piece to come. Thanks again for recommending OGB for that piece.

Does anybody know the exact sizing for these rimless screens. I only received one (I believe for my long stem) and I’d like to get a couple more, they’re good to have around. Thanks 🙏

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I’ve got to say, the tinymight works pretty well on session mode. All of this time I’ve been playing around with on demand, it’s nice to just sip and not think about it as much.

I reached out to mike from OGB and got him making me the sidecar customized with 18.8mm attachment instead of 14mm. He responded so fast and told me he will be starting this weekend, I’m super stoked for that piece to come. Thanks again for recommending OGB for that piece.

Does anybody know the exact sizing for these rimless screens. I only received one (I believe for my long stem) and I’d like to get a couple more, they’re good to have around. Thanks 🙏

The rimmed screens are custom made by the maker of the extra long stem and are not available anywhere else unfortunately... Everybody gets one! I tried to ask for more

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Damn that sounds very involved and not something I can just wing by myself on a Sunday afternoon ha.

Looks dope though, well done! How do you form the dimples in general? Some pokey thing?
You will need a Mapp gas torch or one with an oxytank so it can heat even and with less stress.It doesnt hurt to have protection gear,but it for sure hurts not having it :D :D :D .I have a special tungsten tool,but a tungsten rod can work , dont use titanium or ss cause it sticks .(happens harder with tungsten) . I am really a newbie , making large vessels and fusing glass requires lots of guts and equipment,that i cannot simply afford living in the lowest income EU country,it was pure luck that some gifted me a torch :) , I have a few other dimpled stem ideas, which would require some serious concentration on my side ,but if anything worthy comes out i will show my progress here,hopefully at some point i will manage to make a few decent enough to be put in the classifieds .

Spike11552

You’re kidding me! There’s no where else to buy these rounded screens without any trim? I noticed my basket screens from my stempod that I found on Amazon fit perfectly & I bought a bunch off them but I was trying to get the ones without any rim, just all screen.

I wonder if these will work...I may take the gamble unless the seller of the glass stem sells then himself cheaper somewhere?

1/2 Inch Pipe Screens - Stainless Steel Wire Mesh Preformed Concave Bowls 30 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D788Y3Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_MQ06QZ6B8WJFF283MR99

Spike11552,

MonkeyTime

You’re kidding me! There’s no where else to buy these rounded screens without any trim? I noticed my basket screens from my stempod that I found on Amazon fit perfectly & I bought a bunch off them but I was trying to get the ones without any rim, just all screen.

I wonder if these will work...I may take the gamble unless the seller of the glass stem sells then himself cheaper somewhere?

1/2 Inch Pipe Screens - Stainless Steel Wire Mesh Preformed Concave Bowls 30 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D788Y3Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_MQ06QZ6B8WJFF283MR99
Those look like they'd work, but the thinner the screen, the less I like using them.

I've had mixed success with these, some fit some pieces well, others I've trashed trying to manipulate. But they're the closest thing to those narrow rimmed baskets I've found.

VGoodiez Rimless Screens

MonkeyTime,
Reactions: Easywider

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
More than $1 a piece for screens seems a little much, but whatever the market will bare. As long as they last I guess.

I have no better suggestions. I am glad I have backups from previous purchases.
I have lots of rimmed screens and they are widely available (like Amazon or Ebay) but they don't work well in this application. I suppose if I ran out of rimless ones I could try cutting off the rim with a tin snips or something.

Has anyone tried using a dremel or something to reduce the outside diameter of the rims? Did they fall apart?

Last edited:

BestBuds

The Dude
I got my molicel batts as recommend by @Shit Snacks
I can combust in the TM if I wanted to now. Before with the brown batts (samsung?) I could never combust, it would get almost black but no combustion. Now I can play with level 2 and 3 with actual results with vapor production. And they last a long time!
Thanks for the PSA Mr. Snacks!

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
I seem to be having problems, held down the button during on-demand mode and it never vibrated but I heard a weird noise and realized the heater was on. Hit it but it combusted.

Afterward it won't work right and seems to be a burn mark near the heater. Did I accidentally push the screen down too fair while putting the stem in?

I have a sneaking suspicion this is my fault lol

edit: definitely had to be this lol the screen was pushed too far in and I guess made contact with the heater for anyone else who may make the same dumb move lol

need a replacement screen any suggestions?

Last edited:

Vaporific

edit: definitely had to be this lol the screen was pushed too far in and I guess made contact with the heater for anyone else who may make the same dumb move lol
Been there done that once - my screen got pushed onto the heater and bloody combustion. Had to toss the screen. I had to cut one to fit as I didn’t have any and it’s held up for months but needs replacing. I recently ordered .75” stainless screens (19.something mm - I can’t recall) which should arrive in a week or two. I measured with a ruler and think it’s the right size. Fingers crossed. If they fit maybe, just maybe, I’ll get up the courage to re-attempt the @dzoinp heater screen mode. I’ll be doing a sanding of my TM soon so the whole thing is coming apart for that anyway. :peace:

Top Bottom