TinyMight / TM 2

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Phineas make some dope shit. I love my SplinterZ vigreux stems. @Shit Snacks you inspired me to ask him about a custom TM stem, but you are right, he is unfortunately backed up for the time being. In the meantime, I was able to grab one of his female joints from Vgoodiez and will be using that with some glass balls in my short RBT stems until he opens up for custom orders again.

Nice! Yeah the customs are a lot more work, it's great that he got plenty of stock over to VGZ so people can buy without waiting! Interesting, adding beads as well, that would be some serious cooling, nearly freezing!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I definitely know what you mean, often times glass screens are sized obscurely and can be more trouble than their worth.

The one I had quoted on at the end of last year used a fixed screen based on the S&B dosing capsule hole size/pattern as I find those work pretty darn good at containing ground herb, so it would be a 33 holed screen. On that stem design basically the screen itself is the cooling unit, so the holes run the length of the stem for 33 separate "condensers" essentially, providing ~5 feet of surface area in a 2" long stem. The idea was to get a lot of cooling that would still fit in your pocket discretely; with a full glass vapor path, and high surface area like a glass bead stem, but something simpler and faster to clean than glass balls, with no moving parts, metal screens, less draw restriction etc.

The biggest drawback to a fixed screen is your capacity is not so adjustable, but I figured the stock setup is likely fine for that function, this would be something more specialized for people that are into that sort of stuff.

Sign me up for one of those lol

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Didn’t you just get another one recently for your mom? Or am I misremembering... I was reading this and just thinking...this needs a “Ma, The TinyMight!!” Meme
You remember correctly it was for Xmas, thanks for the reminder! Just went and did a side by side comparison and my mom's tinymight sounds normal which is easily twice as loud as my tinymight now. Other than how quiet its become it's working perfectly as far as I can tell. I'm at something of a loss? I'm too baked now but maybe tomorrow I'll shim the contact, I actually kinda miss the hum? I don't like change!

NimChimpsky

Phineas make some dope shit. I love my SplinterZ vigreux stems. @Shit Snacks you inspired me to ask him about a custom TM stem, but you are right, he is unfortunately backed up for the time being. In the meantime, I was able to grab one of his female joints from Vgoodiez and will be using that with some glass balls in my short RBT stems until he opens up for custom orders again.
That Phineas stem really is badass. It's surprising how well it cools and I love the open airflow.

I also grabbed one of these hammer bubblers on ebay for $16. The glass is less than half as thick as Phineas lol but I like the form factor and its got great cooling. A nice cheaper option.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
If it doesn't restrict airflow, and the mouthpiece stays cool enough for back to back bowls you can sign me up for one of those stems please @invertedisdead . Can you share a render?

Any increase in cooling surface area will result in an increased pressure drop (more restricted flow) so its all a balancing act between cooling power versus airflow preferences. That's why I need a TM so I can see what the airflow is actually like with a stock stem and see how much cooling I could add before the pressure drop gets too much.

That one would look something like this, in this rendering the bowl side is up. The airflow could be opened back up further down the stem in exchange for a reduction in cooling effectiveness. For example instead of two inches of cooling, it could be one inch of cooling, and then the other inch could be wide open.

inverteds-TM-render.png

edit: if you did an open section on each end, with two different depths, potentially you could have two different bowl sizes with the same fixed screen/CU :science:

MonkeyTime

Any increase in cooling surface area will result in an increased pressure drop (more restricted flow) so its all a balancing act between cooling power versus airflow preferences. That's why I need a TM so I can see what the airflow is actually like with a stock stem and see how much cooling I could add before the pressure drop gets too much.

That one would look something like this, in this rendering the bowl side is up. The airflow could be opened back up further down the stem in exchange for a reduction in cooling effectiveness. For example instead of two inches of cooling, it could be one inch of cooling, and then the other inch could be wide open.

inverteds-TM-render.png

edit: if you did an open section on each end, with two different depths, potentially you could have two different bowl sizes with the same fixed screen/CU :science:

Any chance you built a proof of concept model? I agree the S/B capsules are a great balance of filter-resistance, but I fear the length of the restriction is going to be a problem.

I could be wrong and hope I am, I love the concept! The idea of two depth bowls on each end is great!

If a few more in an initial order would help bring down the cost, I'm in!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Any chance you built a proof of concept model? I agree the S/B capsules are a great balance of filter-resistance, but I fear the length of the restriction is going to be a problem.

I could be wrong and hope I am, I love the concept! The idea of two depth bowls on each end is great!

If a few more in an initial order would help bring down the cost, I'm in!

Yeah I agree, 2 inches of cooling section is honestly probably quite a bit overkill, I bet something closer to ~25mm/ 1 inch of cooling section would be plenty. When I designed that last October I was just (buzzed) thinking the stock stem is 55mm, how much cooling could I squeeze in that same amount of space; but 5.5 ft of cooling is pretty crazy lol. The draw would be way more comfortable with a shorter cooling section too. Maybe like a 1 inch cooling section, with 1/4" bowl on one end, and 1/2" bowl on the other, or something like that. This one is 44MM total.

doublesided-TMstem.png

I think I could bring the cost down from the last time I checked, based on that modification, and a couple other adjustments.

Unfortunately I haven't built a proof of concept for this one, but I think one could be made out of wood. I wish I had one of those mini CNC machines to fiddle around with.... I'm not getting anywhere without one!! :D

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I agree, 2 inches of cooling section is honestly probably quite a bit overkill, I bet something closer to ~25mm/ 1 inch of cooling section would be plenty. When I designed that last October I was just (buzzed) thinking the stock stem is 55mm, how much cooling could I squeeze in that same amount of space; but 5.5 ft of cooling is pretty crazy lol. The draw would be way more comfortable with a shorter cooling section too. Maybe like a 1 inch cooling section, with 1/4" bowl on one end, and 1/2" bowl on the other, or something like that. This one is 44MM total.

doublesided-TMstem.png

I think I could bring the cost down from the last time I checked, based on that modification, and a couple other adjustments.

Unfortunately I haven't built a proof of concept for this one, but I think one could be made out of wood. I wish I had one of those mini CNC machines to fiddle around with.... I'm not getting anywhere without one!! :D

Maybe the mouthpiece can be slightly tapered as well? For mouth feel?? A slight smooth narrowing :D (we would pre order)

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@invertedisdead What hole size are you aiming at , i am seeing 30+ holes 14mm diameter,it might be a bitch to clean. Hammer vaporizer already had this kind of stem btw,and holes were much larger.
1618550335909.png
I have two other stem ideas one is featuring tornado percs ,but i dunno if 14 od can be produced.
Maybe 4 ot 5 spaced 1cm in between :).
1618553728424.png1618553744743.png
The other one is based on the Apollo screen/cooling system. There will be a couple of discs with a single hole positioned zig-zag the vapor travels maximum distance. Both those ideas would require a lot of labor.
Best res pic i could find of it.
1618554058683.png

Last edited:

ezpz

@invertedisdead What hole size are you aiming at , i am seeing 30+ holes 14mm diameter,it might be a bitch to clean. Hammer vaporizer already had this kind of stem btw,and holes were much larger.
View attachment 7164
I have two other stem ideas one is featuring tornado percs ,but i dunno if 14 od can be produced.
View attachment 7167View attachment 7168
The other one is based on the Apollo screen/cooling system. There will be a couple of discs with a single hole positioned zig-zag the vapor travels maximum distance. Both those ideas would require a lot of labor.
View attachment 7169
That looks awesome. Kinda like a simrell vortex for TM. What about a removable vortex that would fit in the long stem?
Edit: Maybe a vortex connected to a silicone MP that you can just pop on to any long stem perhaps?

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
View attachment 7164
View attachment 7167View attachment 7168
View attachment 7169
They would be ~1MM holes, like the hole size in a S&B capsule. I'm honestly not sure about cleaning without trying it, you know how these pesky things can vary in theory vs in practice 😀 but I did anticipate this layout to be fairly easy to clean considering the amount of cooling, as long as it doesn't clog easily. And I guess the question would be: are smaller holes harder or easier to keep clean? I'm thinking smaller holes would help resist clogging, to a point. I'm not sure if the glass screen thing is ultimately a pipe dream or what, but I love the ease of cleaning on fixed screen glass stems. Of course, the holes could be much larger with a mesh screen used, that lowers the price considerably, as the price changes per hole lol. I think I was quoted around half the price on a 13 hole variant.

I had some stem ideas similar to both of those concepts too, but I was expecting those might be harder to clean than this one. I thought about spacing a few honeycombs or vortex percs out like my multi perc water bong, but I think separating the hole patterns into segments/breaks would be harder to clean than this straight through pathway, because with this design everything is accessible with a poker, stacked tornado percs wouldnt be able to fit a tool through.

The second one with the bubble plate style hole stack seems like it would be especially tricky to clean as a 1-piece unit if the internal piece wasn't removable on o-rings. I agree the labor would be very involved to build out of glass. I was thinking stacked tornado percs would make for a neat heater design, since that would negate fouling as an air heater versus an oil cooler.

This stem idea was designed to be machined, but I have a few simpler cooling ideas that could be made by hand. One idea was to fuse a wound glass coil internally to the length of a glass stem for a high surface area, ribbed cooling surface. By using a hollow coil, the insulative air space between the coils walls should reduce heat transfer to the stems walls. For ease of cleaning the air would go over the coil, instead of through it (like the Dimroth Condenser)

Maybe the mouthpiece can be slightly tapered as well? For mouth feel?? A slight smooth narrowing :D (we would pre order)

I think you would lose out on the dual bowl size options by tapering the mouthpiece, but I agree it would probably be more ergonomic and comfortable, which might be more important. I'm a big fan of the flattened/pinched mouthpiece style myself. I think one of those would fit better on a hand made stem design though, maybe on the coiled idea above as this one is designed to be machined rather than hot worked. I learned from my desktop vape that the combination of flame working and machining can really add up lol 😁

Abysmal Vapor

@invertedisdead I cannot imagine the cost of machining those discs out of quartz and then fusing them in a tube,although i also imagine it as a heater concept too,but i dont want to get into Utopia level pricing for retail :D . Maybe just order some boro percs and position them freely .

adam w

Is there a way to remove the screen within the CU?

I noticed the airflow has reduced a little and wanted to clean. Cant access the little screen in there

adam w,

Abysmal Vapor

I noticed the airflow has reduced a little and wanted to clean. Cant access the little screen in there
Unscrew the CU from the center bolt/screw and push from the back with a toothpick or smth like that.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: Easywider

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...

I’ve never removed the CU screen on either of my cooling units. Just disassemble completely and soak in ISO, rinse with hot water and let dry.

As for any new-fangled stem designs above, count me in! Very cool idea and alternative to the native CU. I soon may be making a compromise by reinstating the CU without the washers and nuts for some cooling - without the CU my throat is starting to get irritated. I do have a j hook and rig but I’m so much a native user and the short stem is still very pocketable :). TGIF! :peace:

EggMan

I keep taking from all these post, thanks to all. I think it’s time to join the talk. So I purchased these tubes the Inner diameter and outer diameter are almost the exact size as the original TM stem. The inner diameter may be a tad wider it’s hard to tell since it’s glass but this is fixed with an o-ring if you want to use the original TM cooling unit.

Devardi Glass COE 33 Boro Tubing,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MCZZ8VX?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Last edited:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Honestly if I only had to have one vape, this would be it.

The tinymight has done much for helping to cure my VAS. It's set a very high bar, which very little else can compare to. I aIways have in the back of my head, is this really going to be better than my tinymight? So far nothing beats it.

i do have a very old model, so a newer model probably would be better.

Top Bottom