TinyMight / TM 2

BestBuds

The Dude
Question: last night I tried using the TM on the lowest power setting (1), I use it with just the CU and the short stem. I don't like to overdo it, so I don't pack too much, there's maybe a fifth of an inch between the bottom of the CU and the bottom of the short tube.
Surprisingly, even on '1', I got fairly big clouds and it was enough to keep me happy for a couple of hours. Is this normal? From reading this forum it looks like people don't start getting clouds before '3' or am I not reading this correctly?
Oh and tamping-wise, I just use the tube as a straw to pick up material and the brush off the excess.
Yeah it's normal. Not typical but it happens. Much of that depends on the herb itself. I just finished some Blackberry Cheesecake that would give no visible vapor below 4½. I moved on last night to an ⅛ of Ice Cream Cake and I'm vaping my first bowl of the day now at 3 and I am getting huge, potent, and de-friggin-licious hits.
Edit: I just went down to 2 and got vapor.

I have to say: I purchased my first TM in December 2019. In my opinion it satisfies everything I wanted from a vape besides the cooling. I want a stem that requires nothing more than a blast with boiling hot water, but keeps my vapor as cool as a jhook.
I was thinking about trying the grav upline stem but it looks like it's discontinued?

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
@BestBuds I have noticed different strains start producing vapor at different levels and stop at different levels as well.

For example some flower I have wont give me shit past 6.5, no matter what, and some I can take up to 8 or so.

Same thing with starting the vapor, some will start low like 2 or so and some wont give me anything until closer to 4.

I have a grav upline if you want. I dont use it & probably never will. Let me know if you want it

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Maybe I'll go the octo route. :hmm:
@BrianTL Thank you for that offer! Do you not use it for the same reason? Too hot?

Anytime!

I tried it a couple times when I first got it so my memory isn't all there - I posted about it somewhere in here but I wouldn't have the slightest idea on how to find it.

But if I remember correctly my biggest issue was the long back-to-back hits, the glass retained a lot of heat and it was too hot on my lips, not the vapor itself. So far a few smaller hits, or 1 or 2 big ones and a rest before the next one, it would probably work great. The vapor may have been a bit harsher than the stock set up but better flavor?

Can't hurt to try it. Even if its just to compare to the octo

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
@BestBuds I have noticed different strains start producing vapor at different levels and stop at different levels as well.
Agreed. I try to have different strains on hand for variety’s sake - which is more pronounced with a vaporizer (vs. combustion). Indeed I’ve learned lots as I yearn for my Vapemaster certificate :D. Strain, moistness, grind, pack (loose/tight), and draw (speed and openness) all play a factor. Not to mention the orings(!) which should be optimally in place. Even with the cooling unit I seldom get vapor below 5 with most strains and I pre-grind and store my flower too so it’s drier than average (don’t like to grind that often which I know flies in the face of many of you - there may be a chapter on this in the Vapemaster course, lol). Cheers and Happy Thursday. I’m continuing my ‘no cooling unit’ experiment this weekend (need to take a T break tonight for work).:peace:

fangorn

@BestBuds
the Grav taster is my favorite ... but it actually heats up quite a bit ...
if I follow the punches above 6, it burns my throat and lungs ... hence the fact that I have given up my TM a little lately ...
I tried again to start at 3.5 and it's terrible 😁
ps: the shape of the mouthpiece changes everything for me

purepotstill

@BestBuds
the Grav taster is my favorite ... but it actually heats up quite a bit ...
if I follow the punches above 6, it burns my throat and lungs ... hence the fact that I have given up my TM a little lately ...
I tried again to start at 3.5 and it's terrible 😁
ps: the shape of the mouthpiece changes everything for me
Why is it terrible ? You don't get any vapour ?

Edit : you may mean terrific ?

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah using those stems on their own was unpleasant for me, much prefer a J hook, some kind of curve for cooling, something for everyone though!

Now that I’ve got my tinymight running and we’re on the topic of jhook’s, I think I’m in store for one. I’ve been looking into finding what performs the best to avoid using this TM stem and cooling unit because I’d like to collect the reclaim. I see some recommending rogue waxworks and OGB. Are there other styles that you guys would recommend before I pull the trigger on one of these bad boys?

If you are in the US, I think those are the best options, OGB is pricey, you can email him if you want to customize anything in his shop btw, but the quality is very high, super thick glass! Rogue is a great value to just try a basic cheap classic jayhook, and it still works very well!

Question: last night I tried using the TM on the lowest power setting (1), I use it with just the CU and the short stem. I don't like to overdo it, so I don't pack too much, there's maybe a fifth of an inch between the bottom of the CU and the bottom of the short tube.
Surprisingly, even on '1', I got fairly big clouds and it was enough to keep me happy for a couple of hours. Is this normal? From reading this forum it looks like people don't start getting clouds before '3' or am I not reading this correctly?
Oh and tamping-wise, I just use the tube as a straw to pick up material and the brush off the excess.

Absolutely normal, although on my TM below level 2 is the safety power switch, so I cannot use it at level 1, but I am pretty much always starting my bowls at level 2, as low as possible for me, I still get nice clouds very visible vapor, with amazing flavors and effects! So I attempt to step with tiny turns of the tile for each hit up to about 5 or so in my new TM...

Yeah it's normal. Not typical but it happens. Much of that depends on the herb itself. I just finished some Blackberry Cheesecake that would give no visible vapor below 4½. I moved on last night to an ⅛ of Ice Cream Cake and I'm vaping my first bowl of the day now at 3 and I am getting huge, potent, and de-friggin-licious hits.
Edit: I just went down to 2 and got vapor.

I have to say: I purchased my first TM in December 2019. In my opinion it satisfies everything I wanted from a vape besides the cooling. I want a stem that requires nothing more than a blast with boiling hot water, but keeps my vapor as cool as a jhook.
I was thinking about trying the grav upline stem but it looks like it's discontinued?

So true, the herbs and their consistency are big factor, although the TM will extract whatever you throw in it regardless!

And the only option for a dry stem that can cool well enough without being a separate j-hook, is the extra long cooling stem from TM... Grav stems can be made to provide better cooling, and some people like them, but there's just no way it can compete with the cooling unit or the bends of a jayhook... So yeah I still highly recommend getting a jayhook, but if you need it to be one single piece, you will have to go to the custom route or keep waiting? OGB did make me a prototype, though it is not ideal, he could do something for you... Phineas also may be working on a TM stem, but he is so busy with wholesale orders, I'm not sure if he has had time to even prototype yet...

Spike11552

Yeah using those stems on their own was unpleasant for me, much prefer a J hook, some kind of curve for cooling, something for everyone though!

If you are in the US, I think those are the best options, OGB is pricey, you can email him if you want to customize anything in his shop btw, but the quality is very high, super thick glass! Rogue is a great value to just try a basic cheap classic jayhook, and it still works very well!
Thanks for the feedback snacks! I’ll probably go with that OGB then I don’t mind dishing out a little extra money for quality. I just want what you guys believe to be the best piece that will compliment the Tm.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
I’m definitely going to get a few pieces from Oregon glass blower to go with my Tinymight but I need to chill for now I was only supposed to spend like $500 on vape gear for 420 and I’ve spent like twice that lol

I ended up getting the Vapecell S4 plus charger for my TinyMight just in case anyone cares, I asked for suggestions a week ago and everyone was helpful and some P264’s

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the feedback snacks! I’ll probably go with that OGB then I don’t mind dishing out a little extra money for quality. I just want what you guys believe to be the best piece that will compliment the Tm.

Yeah my favorite is OGB sidecar hook, it is based off the three right angle sidecar hook I had him make for me custom last year, he offers it as 14 mm on the website but if you email him he can make it 18 mm too! The L hook with the spikes is also good, but better for my FW7 and Splinter/Milaana, so I don't use mine with TM much anymore (the Phineas vigreux cooling tube from vgoodiez is superior for more cooling with my TM, though it has no bend and has a wide mouthpiece) But yeah Rogue is a good basic hook to try/own, still works quite well, there is also the O'Connell inception hook...

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I got a bunch of cooling stem designs that trickle over from my Vapcap stuff, I just need a TinyMight for testing them, cause I need to see how hot this thing actually gets! 🔥 I'll probably get one to try out as I'm pretty bored of my current portables. I had one stem design quoted a while back but it was kind of expensive, though I don't think it was much different from some of these custom j-hook prices. I think the one I had quoted had a fixed glass screen, but I'm not sure if people are really into that or not.

Spike11552

Yeah my favorite is OGB sidecar hook, it is based off the three right angle sidecar hook I had him make for me custom last year, he offers it as 14 mm on the website but if you email him he can make it 18 mm too! The L hook with the spikes is also good, but better for my FW7 and Splinter/Milaana, so I don't use mine with TM much anymore (the Phineas vigreux cooling tube from vgoodiez is superior for more cooling with my TM, though it has no bend and has a wide mouthpiece) But yeah Rogue is a good basic hook to try/own, still works quite well, there is also the O'Connell inception hook...
Man! Why can’t all these vaporizer companies all just agree to 1 size fits all! That would cut all of our expenses in half easily. I guess that would and could apply to anything and everything in life though huh? If only all car parts were interchangeable and door locks etc... I don’t think I want to dish out the money for a custom jammy. It I am definitely going to get a piece by OGB wether it be a jhook or an Lhook. You say the Lhook works well with your splinter and firewood? I own both of them, I’ll have to check that out. In fact I’m gonna head over to his website now and check out what he’s got in stock.

Shit Snacks

Man! Why can’t all these vaporizer companies all just agree to 1 size fits all! That would cut all of our expenses in half easily. I guess that would and could apply to anything and everything in life though huh? If only all car parts were interchangeable and door locks etc... I don’t think I want to dish out the money for a custom jammy. It I am definitely going to get a piece by OGB wether it be a jhook or an Lhook. You say the Lhook works well with your splinter and firewood? I own both of them, I’ll have to check that out. In fact I’m gonna head over to his website now and check out what he’s got in stock.

I believe his items are made to order regardless, so what's on the site is just non-custom basically, if when you order you can put in the notes that you want it to be a different size or something customized, there may be a slight up charge depending on how much work it would be (swapping the joint size is not a big deal at all, few dollars) But yeah it is a tough call if you're only going to get one, for the TM I like the side car hook and it is cheaper, however I only really use it with my TM, occasionally with Splinter or Milaana or Tetra or even IQ2 too, but I do think the L hook is more versatile? Though it is a different form factor, and different experience is all... For the L hook, it is almost like using a Lamart spiky bent stem, but in two pieces since you need separate mail to mail adapters (which makes cleaning and swapping screens easier, for my non rimmed baskets)

@invertedisdead I do prefer a glass screen, theoretically, but it is tough to find one that works as well as steel mesh baskets, you know? I need to do some more testing with my TM multi WPA that has the fixed glass screen, that one is pretty decent actually!

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
@invertedisdead I do prefer a glass screen, theoretically, but it is tough to find one that works as well as steel mesh baskets, you know?
Do you have a PhD in Glass? I hang on nearly every word :). I’m still learning. My only experience with glass screens is with my Healthy Rips stems for my Furies. If it’s the same concept you’re talking about but for the TM I’d probably go with a metal screen. And I do, either with the cooling unit or without it (just started using the TM without a CU - see my last post). I think also grind plays a factor here too - finer grind may not work as well with a glass screen. That’s my guess. But again, I’m being sponge-like and reading and learning from you glass-happy folks. All good! :peace:

Shit Snacks

Do you have a PhD in Glass? I hang on nearly every word :). I’m still learning. My only experience with glass screens is with my Healthy Rips stems for my Furies. If it’s the same concept you’re talking about but for the TM I’d probably go with a metal screen. And I do, either with the cooling unit or without it (just started using the TM without a CU - see my last post). I think also grind plays a factor here too - finer grind may not work as well with a glass screen. That’s my guess. But again, I’m being sponge-like and reading and learning from you glass-happy folks. All good! :peace:

Haha perhaps just a doctorate ;)

Thanks though, yes you are correct, the Fury2 glass stems are a nice example of this done well, even better than the Arizer Solo/Air stems I was previously accustomed to... The TM multi WPA has a glass screen more akin to the Fury2 so it is pretty decent actually! (as I said I did not like the grav octo taster partly since the glass screen is more of a ratchet gear instead of a honeycomb)

Yes you are right, grind is a big factor, with a glass screen you will want to use a chunkier coarse grind to avoid little bits getting through the holes, it is especially perfect when vaping a whole nug... That is how I have used my multi WPA so far, however after the first few hits of the whole nug, all empty it and break it apart, then I would load it into a regular basket screen in my RBT stem WPA to finish... So yeah I agree steel mesh screens are overall more useful and do not affect taste or cleaning that much, though not ideal they are a necessary evil for many glass stem-based pure convection, and most other pure convection on demand vapes in my experience, airflow is key!

And received! In our last episode:

March 29 sent email about power button
March 30 received return stamp
April 6 - sent in to be fixed
April 15 - returned and now with TURBO©️ power!

I've only had great, to the point customer service that's why I have 2

A few weeks ago, I sent the TM in for repair, the power button was pushed all the way in, and wouldn't come back out.

They just replied that my unit shipped. Will update us on here as it arrives.

On another note, my other TM is 1 yr old, 3-4 rounds a day, had low power issue, asked someone on here, they said splint under metal thing, it worked.
🤟
"Date Added: 15/01/2021

Your order has been updated to the following status:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@invertedisdead I do prefer a glass screen, theoretically, but it is tough to find one that works as well as steel mesh baskets, you know? I need to do some more testing with my TM multi WPA that has the fixed glass screen, that one is pretty decent actually!

I definitely know what you mean, often times glass screens are sized obscurely and can be more trouble than their worth.

The one I had quoted on at the end of last year used a fixed screen based on the S&B dosing capsule hole size/pattern as I find those work pretty darn good at containing ground herb, so it would be a 33 holed screen. On that stem design basically the screen itself is the cooling unit, so the holes run the length of the stem for 33 separate "condensers" essentially, providing ~5 feet of surface area in a 2" long stem. The idea was to get a lot of cooling that would still fit in your pocket discretely; with a full glass vapor path, and high surface area like a glass bead stem, but something simpler and faster to clean than glass balls, with no moving parts, metal screens, less draw restriction etc.

The biggest drawback to a fixed screen is your capacity is not so adjustable, but I figured the stock setup is likely fine for that function, this would be something more specialized for people that are into that sort of stuff.

Shit Snacks

I definitely know what you mean, often times glass screens are sized obscurely and can be more trouble than their worth.

The one I had quoted on at the end of last year used a fixed screen based on the S&B dosing capsule hole size/pattern as I find those work pretty darn good at containing ground herb, so it would be a 33 holed screen. On that stem design basically the screen itself is the cooling unit, so the holes run the length of the stem for 33 separate "condensers" essentially, providing ~5 feet of surface area in a 2" long stem. The idea was to get a lot of cooling that would still fit in your pocket discretely; with a full glass vapor path, and high surface area like a glass bead stem, but something simpler and faster to clean than glass balls, with no moving parts, metal screens, less draw restriction etc.

The biggest drawback to a fixed screen is your capacity is not so adjustable, but I figured the stock setup is likely fine for that function, this would be something more specialized for people that are into that sort of stuff.

Yeah this sounds pretty cool, and pretty ideal application for a TM stem if you can get something made! I don't think adjustable load size is important, just make it the standard basket screen amount, so it doesn't need to be stirred, can always load a little less when needed too! Then just for more consumption, do back to back bowls :tup:

2minTurkish

Absolutely normal, although on my TM below level 2 is the safety power switch, so I cannot use it at level 1, but I am pretty much always starting my bowls at level 2, as low as possible for me, I still get nice clouds very visible vapor, with amazing flavors and effects! So I attempt to step with tiny turns of the tile for each hit up to about 5 or so in my new TM...

So true, the herbs and their consistency are big factor, although the TM will extract whatever you throw in it regardless!

And the only option for a dry stem that can cool well enough without being a separate j-hook, is the extra long cooling stem from TM... Grav stems can be made to provide better cooling, and some people like them, but there's just no way it can compete with the cooling unit or the bends of a jayhook... So yeah I still highly recommend getting a jayhook, but if you need it to be one single piece, you will have to go to the custom route or keep waiting? OGB did make me a prototype, though it is not ideal, he could do something for you... Phineas also may be working on a TM stem, but he is so busy with wholesale orders, I'm not sure if he has had time to even prototype yet...

Phineas make some dope shit. I love my SplinterZ vigreux stems. @Shit Snacks you inspired me to ask him about a custom TM stem, but you are right, he is unfortunately backed up for the time being. In the meantime, I was able to grab one of his female joints from Vgoodiez and will be using that with some glass balls in my short RBT stems until he opens up for custom orders again.

Top Bottom