TinyMight / TM 2

mpaulc

Yeah, that Vapefiend video tutorial. Totally counterproductive. I've been using the same cooling unit (incl. screen and o rings) for over a year now, no issues.
Yep... the Vapefiend vid. Those two lovely folks were the ones who turned me onto the TM to begin with, so I can't fault them too much. :)

On the other side of the coin though, Troy from Troy&Jerry was the one who first gave me the idea of leaving the rubber bands on. I must admit, I just kept snapping them with the pinch method. I haven't taken one off in two months now, and all seems fine. I imagine eventually one will bust, but I was going through them a lot quicker before!

mpaulc,
Reactions: Siebter

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@mpaulc – I take those o rings off although many reports here show they seem to have no problem with being soaked in isopropyl for a while. It's certainly a good idea to have some extra o rings at hand, sooner or later they will snap (though they seem tougher than they look).

SquirrelMaster

I always remove o-rings before soaking but I never remove the screen, mine is really tight! I stopped torching screens completely as I find ISO makes them look brand new with minimal soaking time. I bought extra o-rings that I went to look for today and I can't find them anywhere. Glad I have lots of stem options. Glass balls between screens or empty cooling units is my favorite. Soooooo wide open.

BestBuds

The Dude
I am sure you're good. What you described is the hold process many banks do with long term holds. Most banks can't hold funds indefinitely, they usually fall of in two weeks. Then, on the retail side, they release the hold and allow the funds into their account and on your end it looks like a fresh purchase or that the money just unexpectedly came out.

They are not easy to communicate with, but they keep making good by me. And the vape is crazy good.

THeJokEr

I am sure you're good. What you described is the hold process many banks do with long term holds. Most banks can't hold funds indefinitely, they usually fall of in two weeks. Then, on the retail side, they release the hold and allow the funds into their account and on your end it looks like a fresh purchase or that the money just unexpectedly came out.

They are not easy to communicate with, but they keep making good by me. And the vape is crazy good.
The vape looks great. Just not use to the retail side with these small companies. If I do get one I'm pretty sure I'll be happy. At least I have my solo 2 and mighty to keep me happy.:)

scooterboy

Muppet, not moped.
Brush it with iso from outside lightly for anything stuck is what I do good luck!

I would rub a wet ISO qtip on the screen, it will come out.
I have a toothbrush that I use exclusively for cleaning my gear and it is perfect for scrubbing the CU screen without needing to remove it (after soaking it in ISO for 10 minutes or so).

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I have a toothbrush that I use exclusively for cleaning my gear and it is perfect for scrubbing the CU screen without needing to remove it (after soaking it in ISO for 10 minutes or so).

Wow, that is an excellent idea since it soaks liquid well!
Cleaning using qtip will not require to remove the CU however, so for a quick clean I'm still with a QTIP

m0sh,

Kaptan

I have found that this vape is so simple to clean. Simple enough that I felt it was safe to bring along on my Mexico vacation last week in my carry-on bag. I know it was a risk, but nothing occurred except good times in Mexico. Luckily, I was able to find a convenience store that sold Isopropyl alcohol in a very small quantity. It was definitely not 70%, but just enough to get my CU and stem clean after an hour soak. (I’ve never removed the o-rings from my CU for cleaning and haven’t had any break in over 7 months) I had considered 2 of my other portable vapes for this vacation- FW7 and my Tafée Bowle and felt the TM was the easiest and least risky to bring. On a side note, most of the weed in Mexico is not very good at all. YMMV

mpaulc

I always remove o-rings before soaking but I never remove the screen, mine is really tight! I stopped torching screens completely as I find ISO makes them look brand new with minimal soaking time. I bought extra o-rings that I went to look for today and I can't find them anywhere. Glad I have lots of stem options. Glass balls between screens or empty cooling units is my favorite. Soooooo wide open.
I'm still pretty new to the TM, Squirrelmaster... and to a certain extent: vaping in general. (I had a Dynavap, and sold a 3-month-old Crafty to afford the TM). So you take the nuts / washers out of the CU? And when you say "glass balls between the screens"... could you explain? Forgive the newbness. I only think of the thing as having one screen.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I'm still pretty new to the TM, Squirrelmaster... and to a certain extent: vaping in general. (I had a Dynavap, and sold a 3-month-old Crafty to afford the TM). So you take the nuts / washers out of the CU? And when you say "glass balls between the screens"... could you explain? Forgive the newbness. I only think of the thing as having one screen.
@SquirrelMaster is referring to his modified cooling units where he uses 3mm glass beads instead off the nuts and washers.

I also remove the nuts and washers before cleaning but it's not necessary. I never remove my cu screen, but have taken it out once to find out how easy it would be to replace.

IMO every vape enthusiast should own a small ultrasonic cleaner. It make such light work of cleaning. I put my dirty object in a baggy with iso, put that and some warm water in the ultrasonic, and let it do it's thing for a cycle (up to 10 mins). Take the bits oer of the baggy, rinse under the tap, then put them back in the ultrasonic without the baggy for a thorough rinse cycle, then dry. Most of that time I spend doing something else 👌

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I use wide interdental brushes for my vapes. Very pocketable and portable like my vapes. Throw them out when they’re beyond dirty and used.

I’ve replaced my CU orings (and the large clear oring atop the glass cylinder) however not the CU screens (I have 2 CUs), they’re both originalZ in fact I’m still using the original red oring for the stem holder (I have a couple of replacements, just in case).

Almost 9 full months with my TM and the honeymoon continues. Best portable vape I’ve used. Love it nearly daily. The one thing I’ve noticed recently with the 3 original batts (one from TM and 2 VTC6s purchased online) is that sometimes 3 batt buzzes goes to out of juice quickly. Not sure if it’s the cells or contacts (which I’ve recently cleaned with ISO and Deoxit) or sensors. I rotate them so they’re all used (and charged externally) the same. I do have a couple of new ones I’ve yet to charge and use but I was hoping to hold off on using them for a bit. We’ll see. I may need to use them soon though.

For a Monday (yesterday) and Tuesday (today) this thread has been busy. Did I miss a holiday or something? Lol. Cheers. :peace:

mpaulc

I use wide interdental brushes for my vapes. Very pocketable and portable like my vapes. Throw them out when they’re beyond dirty and used.

I’ve replaced my CU orings (and the large clear oring atop the glass cylinder) however not the CU screens (I have 2 CUs), they’re both originalZ in fact I’m still using the original red oring for the stem holder (I have a couple of replacements, just in case).

Almost 9 full months with my TM and the honeymoon continues. Best portable vape I’ve used. Love it nearly daily. The one thing I’ve noticed recently with the 3 original batts (one from TM and 2 VTC6s purchased online) is that sometimes 3 batt buzzes goes to out of juice quickly. Not sure if it’s the cells or contacts (which I’ve recently cleaned with ISO and Deoxit) or sensors. I rotate them so they’re all used (and charged externally) the same. I do have a couple of new ones I’ve yet to charge and use but I was hoping to hold off on using them for a bit. We’ll see. I may need to use them soon though.

For a Monday (yesterday) and Tuesday (today) this thread has been busy. Did I miss a holiday or something? Lol. Cheers. :peace:
Cheers Cheesby. I've definitely been noticing my battery life has been dwindling (after a couple months' use). I suppose that's par for the course w. these things. But so long as the TM keeps heating strong, I'm willing to buy the occasional new battery.

SquirrelMaster

When it's jam packed with balls it clogs up faster so I don't put quite so many in but here's what I do.

You can also use basket screens on both sides of the balls instead but the cooling unit pieces are much more secure especially when the stem is clean and the screens don't hold in place as well. I'm still finding balls from one stem that I knowingly hit way to hard and sent balls flying.

@SquirrelMaster is referring to his modified cooling units where he uses 3mm glass beads instead off the nuts and washers.

I also remove the nuts and washers before cleaning but it's not necessary. I never remove my cu screen, but have taken it out once to find out how easy it would be to replace.

IMO every vape enthusiast should own a small ultrasonic cleaner. It make such light work of cleaning. I put my dirty object in a baggy with iso, put that and some warm water in the ultrasonic, and let it do it's thing for a cycle (up to 10 mins). Take the bits oer of the baggy, rinse under the tap, then put them back in the ultrasonic without the baggy for a thorough rinse cycle, then dry. Most of that time I spend doing something else 👌

I'm using 4mm but 3mm would also work. The smaller the balls the faster things may clog up which is why I leave some wriggle room. 6mm is more common for cooling but I have a lots of 4mm balls boro beads so I've put them in every device I can lol.

I also stopped disassembling my cooling unit for cleaning. I'll loosen the pieces slightly (if I can) before soaking and then mid soak I'll shake it around a bit but other wise I blast it with hot tap water while still in the loose state and the pieces come really clean.

I keep meaning to get an ultrasonic cleaner but I always get hung up on what capacity I want. In an ideal world it'll hold a bong. Where did you pick yours up from?

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
AHH, sorry @SquirrelMaster I should have erred on the side of caution and declared your balls were larger just in case I was wrong.. lesson learned 😉

Capacity kept holding me back from buying one also at first, actually what's more important is dimensions. If you have a container that fits inside the chamber you can increase capacity if it's just taller. The most annoying things are long thin objects. My strategy for that is a large baggy with as much iso as needed to immerse it, then squeeze all the air out and dangle the package over the edge, half submerged hoping the ultrasonic waves travel up the liquid. I might flip it around and run another cycle too though.

imor jones

I lost the small Screen from the cooling unit...a while ago. But always wondered If ist helping for even extraction. Also cant find it as spare parts.
Which other Screen could fit?
Any thoughts?

imor jones,

karec

I would advise dumping the original stem and cooler tbh - it's clever and works great at cooling the vapor but the maintenance is a pain. I bought 20x octo taster pipes from dhgate for $20 and they work way better. They have a glass screen but I push a steel screen in on top of it, seems to give me nicer hits and definitely less scooby snacks.
How is the fitting along the 20 pieces? can you share the link? im interested, i usually break some stems..... PIA ..... having 20 spares for that price of 20$ sounds great for me.
Thx

Cheers
:cool:

karec,

Vaporific

Next will be the tetra P80 :nod:
Good luck obtaining one. It’s a lottery system that runs weeks apart. I want one too to compliment my awesome and superlative Tinymight. We’ll see. The time difference, day of week and my patience (minimal) are factors but the P80 is the only portable vape that has currently caught my eye. In the meantime, the Tinymight rules my roost for now. :peace:

Bifty

How is the fitting along the 20 pieces? can you share the link? im interested, i usually break some stems..... PIA ..... having 20 spares for that price of 20$ sounds great for me.
Thx

Cheers
:cool:
I haven't found one that didn't fit yet! Seems pretty consistent. The only thing that changes between them is the glass screen is sometimes badly notched. Still work though.

Price is a little more than I remembered but still very reasonable!

@Vaporific - I managed to snag a TetraX last drop, I'll do a very nice in depth test of both side by side soon 🤤

Vaporific

@Vaporific - I managed to snag a TetraX last drop, I'll do a very nice in depth test of both side by side soon 🤤
The P80 has my attention first and foremost. I’m not too familiar with the others by Lamart and how they compare to the P80. From what I know the P80 is similar to the TM however the TetraX may be similar too. Nevertheless it’s all a lottery to obtain anything by Lamart. Not my cup of tea so I’ll continue watching and waiting to perhaps, maybe, snag one.

Another one of my original VTC6s I’m using in my TM went from 3 batt buzzes to zilch last night. Might be time to charge up one of two brand new ones waiting in the wings. I also want to fix the positive batt term contact which lost its spring many months ago. Don’t think it’s the cause but it can’t hurt and it will make screwing the batt cover on a bit easier than it has been. Don’t have a problem with the cover (never have) but it’s harder to screw most of the way without the spring resistance of the bottom/positive contact. :peace:

Bifty

The P80 has my attention first and foremost. I’m not too familiar with the others by Lamart and how they compare to the P80. From what I know the P80 is similar to the TM however the TetraX may be similar too. Nevertheless it’s all a lottery to obtain anything by Lamart. Not my cup of tea so I’ll continue watching and waiting to perhaps, maybe, snag one.

Another one of my original VTC6s I’m using in my TM went from 3 batt buzzes to zilch last night. Might be time to charge up one of two brand new ones waiting in the wings. I also want to fix the positive batt term contact which lost its spring many months ago. Don’t think it’s the cause but it can’t hurt and it will make screwing the batt cover on a bit easier than it has been. Don’t have a problem with the cover (never have) but it’s harder to screw most of the way without the spring resistance of the bottom/positive contact. :peace:
Tetra X is same heater as p80 but you screw it onto your own e cig mod.

Yeah the tinymight definitely rips through 18650s, I bought vtc's first and they were worn out in a month or two, I got molicell p26a after that and they've lasted 4 months so far.

Have you been dropping the cells in to damage the spring? I'm always super careful when I change them.

jbm

eah the tinymight definitely rips through 18650s, I bought vtc's first and they were worn out in a month or two, I got molicell p26a after that and they've lasted 4 months so far.
Have you tried the VTC5a's in it? I am rotating a set of 4 VTC6s and I only get roughly a bowl per buzz, and I don't even pack that deep nor go above 7.5. I've opened it up, shimmed the ribbon, cleaned every thread I can find. IIt's frustrating. Maybe I need to try a different battery.

jbm,

Bifty

Have you tried the VTC5a's in it? I am rotating a set of 4 VTC6s and I only get roughly a bowl per buzz, and I don't even pack that deep nor go above 7.5. I've opened it up, shimmed the ribbon, cleaned every thread I can find. IIt's frustrating. Maybe I need to try a different battery.
No it was vtc6 I used, then I went straight to the molicells p26a, I highly recommend batteries from them, I use the p42 in my e cig and they're amazing too.

Sounds to me like your battery is definitely worn. How long have you had it? Did you used to get more bowls? I get 4-5 bowls on setting 6-7.

Bifty,

jbm

Sounds to me like your battery is definitely worn. How long have you had it? Did you used to get more bowls? I get 4-5 bowls on setting 6-7.
The batteries were purchased last May, at the same time that I bought the TM. I have older batteries than this which still work fine and deliver in box mods. You get 4-5 bowls per battery buzz, or per battery?

jbm,
Top Bottom