TinyMight / TM 2

Djsleepy

I’m more convinced now having two units and my hard usage ...ime have found that seal between lid and glass causes all of my problems due to reinserting/inserting so much it causes shift in either lid or glass that undoes good seal. Anytime I have production drop I go and reseat everything and tighten down and it’s like brand new out of the box amazing hits! So I would check this if you feel your production is lapsing. If have any questions reach out.
Have a mellow day!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Depth of discharge will be controlled by the devices CUT OFF VOLTAGE, most ECig mods, have a cutoff of 3.0-3.2 volts. I believe the TM cuts off at 3.0 volts, same as my IQ2. Pulling them out, or recharging before empty, will just decrease your vape time, to baby a battery. Personally, I want the longest runtime I can get, which means at least a 15 amp., 3000mAh battery, like the VTC6. Yesterday, I ordered 8 of them at $6/each. Also using a quality charger will be best for long term battery health.

As far as charging, while it’s true you can get a bit more life out of a cell by under charging to 4.1 volts, instead of the default voltage of 4.2, you would need a “good” charger, like the SkyRC MC3000, or similar that allows you to set charging parameters, or try to manually do it, not very convenient. Anyways, the general consensus is, since 18650 batteries are much cheaper and more available now, buy new ones when the performance drops, rather the chasing after a few extra cycles. Not sure where the “3-4 times longer life” comes from?

*And as we discussed just recently here, charge em up when you get them, because they are often shipped with the 3.8 volt “storage charge”, and you want to start vaping with them full, for fun, a lithium battery won’t be damaged or lose capacity if you don’t charge them first, they will just stop delivering power when the device reaches its cutoff voltage.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Quoting from a forum .
Maximizing Li-Ion cell life is more about controlling the depth of discharge and avoiding deep discharge, than anything else. For example, a cell that is charged to 4.20 Volts and discharged to only 3.80 Volts will likely last 3-4 times longer than a cell that is charged to 4.20 Volts and discharged to 3.50 Volts before recharging. Also, charging cells to only 4.10 Volts rather than 4.20 Volts, can extend the number of cycles considerably.
Topping off Li-Ion cells doesn't really hurt them, provided you use them before too long, and don't store them fully charged. It is best to store cells at around 40% SOC (state of charge) when not in use.

Not disagreeing with you, or even agreeing for that matter, because I dont know nearly enough about these batteries to comment - but the oh no was me making a joke about a "can of worms" because a couple pages back there was some back and forth over that same thing basically

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Not disagreeing with you, or even agreeing for that matter, because I dont know nearly enough about these batteries to comment - but the oh no was me making a joke about a "can of worms" because a couple pages back there was some back and forth over that same thing basically
I was not arguing either,but it is my fault i dont monitor the thread closely. I was trying to give possible reasons for decreased battery life in reply to a member and decided to add some extra info i found.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I was not arguing either,but it is my fault i dont monitor the thread closely. I was trying to give possible reasons for decreased battery life in reply to a member and decided to add some extra info i found.

Lol not your fault at alll....this thread moves so quickly it would be easy to miss a page or 12

kapows

Hello All!

I have noticed recently that my TM makes a buzzing noise, audible when held to the mouth, only on button press.

Does anyone else's unit do this? Could you push it to 10 on the dial and try it?

Should i be concerned?

Thanks

kapows,

badbee

I'm not a TM owner but many others have reported hearing the buzz. It's fairly common in PWM driven high output vape heaters. If the PWM frequency happens to fall into the audible range, or causes resonance in that range, you get a buzz.

AK47 AMI

As I said, your best bet is getting the one that is made for the TM, since it is hard to find the RBT stems now, and there are not really other options outside of getting something custom made.

The TM stem needs to be 16 mm outer diameter, the standard inner diameter should be 14 mm to fit the TM basket screens... If you are getting something custom-made, you could probably get it tapered for both 14 and 18 female glass j hooks and bubblers, or maybe get two one of each, or just choose to stick with one and make sure your j-hook and bubble are the same size (18 is easiest)

Hope that helps clarify a bit more??

I'm not sure if this place is legit:

@shitsnacks Ok I might get this one then, would I need a j hook for this or can I just buy this and then I need an WPA adaptor for the TM is that right please? Can you please copy a link for the correct WPA and I'll just get it... I'm confused with all the different types of j hooks, different sizes of adaptors and bubblers etc! 😂 please just copy links of adapter and I'll get it along with this bubbler 👍 I can get a pair of j hooks from dhgate 14 mm and 18.8 mm would these be ok? And work with this grizzly bubbler link you copied? Can this be used with or without water? @Vaporific where did you get your universal silicone WPA please? Would this be better than getting the one from TM? As it may save time etc lol?

Hi All, I've got the tinymight, but my mate has just bought the mighty and he thinks that is better... Would you argue the TM is better and why please?

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@shitsnacks Ok I might get this one then, would I need a j hook for this or can I just buy this and then I need an WPA adaptor for the TM is that right please?

This would be instead of a j-hook, you can use the bubble hydrotube with the mouthpiece, or the mouthpiece alone by itself... I like a jayhook, because it offers better cooling with better flavor for dry use, thanks to the curve bend (whereas this mouthpiece here has not as much of a bend, so it would offer less cooling, but still would be a little more with a wider longer vapor path) I also like a j hook, so I can use the TM upside down.

Can you please copy a link for the correct WPA and I'll just get it... I'm confused with all the different types of j hooks, different sizes of adaptors and bubblers etc! 😂 please just copy links of adapter and I'll get it along with this bubbler 👍

Sorry to confuse you! It's really not that complicated, the TM site only offers two different WPA and either one will work fine. One has a fixed screen, and tapered to fit any of the different sizes. The other one is just 18.8 mm size, so you would need to make sure whatever glass j hook or bubbler or mouthpiece or whatever is 18.8 mm female is all... Does that make sense?

Also did you see that other thread I tagged you in, where people are talking about shops online to buy from in the EU? People have linked a bunch of other stores, that may have other good glass...

Hi All, I've got the tinymight, but my mate has just bought the mighty and he thinks that is better... Would you argue the TM is better and why please?

Of course he thinks it's better, but his opinion is just that, they are in different leagues. TM has more power being instant on demand pure convection, the mighty is a slow session conduction vape. So really there are not very comparable at all to be honest... Also this is not really the place to ask this question, there actually is a thread comparing the two already here:

AK47 AMI

This would be instead of a j-hook, you can use the bubble hydrotube with the mouthpiece, or the mouthpiece alone by itself... I like a jayhook, because it offers better cooling with better flavor for dry use, thanks to the curve bend (whereas this mouthpiece here has not as much of a bend, so it would offer less cooling, but still would be a little more with a wider longer vapor path) I also like a j hook, so I can use the TM upside down.

Can the j hook not go where the mouthpiece goes in on this bubbler? Or does it just not work like that and the bubbler and j hook are not compatible? Does the j hook just connect to the vape?

I might just get a j hook separate if that is the case and then when not using bubbler can use that?

Sorry to confuse you! It's really not that complicated, the TM site only offers two different WPA and either one will work fine. One has a fixed screen, and tapered to fit any of the different sizes. The other one is just 18.8 mm size, so you would need to make sure whatever glass j hook or bubbler or mouthpiece or whatever is 18.8 mm female is all... Does that make sense?

No probs mate, Ah yes I see now, thanks for explaining it 👍 Am I best getting the fixed screen which is tapered to fit any size then yeah? And then I'm open to different sizes too with any more accessories etc if needs be 😉

Also did you see that other thread I tagged you in, where people are talking about shops online to buy from in the EU? People have linked a bunch of other stores, that may have other good glass..

Which link is this mate please?

Of course he thinks it's better, but his opinion is just that, they are in different leagues. TM has more power being instant on demand pure convection, the mighty is a slow session conduction vape. So really there are not very comparable at all to be honest... Also this is not really the place to ask this question, there actually is a thread comparing the two already here:

Cheers mate didn't realise they were in different leagues and will check this thread out 😉

Shit Snacks

Can the j hook not go where the mouthpiece goes in on this bubbler? Or does it just not work like that and the bubbler and j hook are not compatible? Does the j hook just connect to the vape?

I might just get a j hook separate if that is the case and then when not using bubbler can use that?

Oh yeah, I think that piece is 18 mm connections, so if you got an 18 mm jayhook, it could connect at the top of the bubbler instead of the mouthpiece it comes with...

No probs mate, Ah yes I see now, thanks for explaining it 👍 Am I best getting the fixed screen which is tapered to fit any size then yeah? And then I'm open to different sizes too with any more accessories etc if needs be 😉

Honestly, I would get the fixed screen WPA with the multiple sizes, and I would ALSO get the plain 18 mm WPA with it why not? Get extra basket screens too! Good to have a lot of those...

Which link is this mate please?

Here is the thread with those other options, of stores for the EU:

I am in the USA so I have no idea which of these stores is best but this is the place to find the best one for sure!

Also, I would suggest maybe, getting a regular bubbler, instead of the hydro tube style bubbler, it would work with the TM upside down just like the J-Hook, but it depends what you want...

Kinick23

@Shit Snacks been putting this one through it’s paces past couple nights and so far am preferring it to RBT custom posted some pages back. They both cool very effectively, this one I think more so considering the spike pattern and shorter size. I haven’t done a lot of back to back hits tho but can tell it retains heat well, the glass feels of good quality

0-BC94-CFB-2715-43-DC-9-CCA-7792-BC9872-B1.jpg

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks been putting this one through it’s paces past couple nights and so far am preferring it to RBT custom posted some pages back. They both cool very effectively, this one I think more so considering the spike pattern and shorter size. I haven’t done a lot of back to back hits tho but can tell it retains heat well, the glass feels of good quality

0-BC94-CFB-2715-43-DC-9-CCA-7792-BC9872-B1.jpg

Nice! Yeah I expected this to cool better with his vigreux spike pattern, they are just so effective! The heat retention is interesting too, probably could make a solid vape in its own right paired with an enail... How is the mouthpiece compared to the RBT, does it feel like the same? Is one wider, narrower?

RxPlorer

I’m awaiting on repair parts on an unknown timeline, but happily David replied to emails and confirmed that parts will be sent out.
I do miss my TM’s portability. That said, Bowle seems like game changer. Guess we’ll see have to see how the aftermarket accessories come along, and how the proprietary battery holds up over time.

the design quality of the bowle has really made the flaws in the TM stand out to me more. Don’t get me wrong it’s been a very good tool, but the button, the battery cap, and the weak connections on the haptic and POT switch need improvement. At this far into its lifecycle, I had hoped to hear more about its design evolution.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Geez, looks like all the cool kids have moved onto the Tafée Bowle.... poor Mr. TinyM. :(
That thing is very strange.
A cup holder to discreetly vaporize, or drink or vaporize, but nobody drinks anything.... it only vaporizes with the thing partially dismantled. any innovation? doesn't seem to me
If you want something as extraordinary as TM, but completely different ... ? buy the Firewood7 :myday:
PXL-20210116-154424466.jpg

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I believe the TM cuts off at 3.0 volts, same as my IQ2.

The lowest I ever saw on the TM was 3.2V, often it will shut down at 3.3 or even 3.4V, depending on the usage. The TM BMS is very safe in that regard.

I switched the two VTC6 cells I rotated for almost a year a few weeks ago, because that was the point when I found them to give me less sessions and hits than I was used to. So two cells in about a year for ~10-15€, good deal for me.

Shit Snacks

That thing is very strange.
A cup holder to discreetly vaporize, or drink or vaporize, but nobody drinks anything.... it only vaporizes with the thing partially dismantled. any innovation? doesn't seem to me

This is off topic so feel free to PM me, but I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, as it sounds pretty misinformed...

If you want something as extraordinary as TM, but completely different ... ? buy the Firewood7 :myday:
PXL-20210116-154424466.jpg

These two are a perfect pair too, on demand conduction and convection, wood n glass with the haptic feedback.

I still only use my TM with boost temparature. is bowle so much better or is it just a different experience to use ?

Different experience, check out the Tafée thread if you are interested in it, because it is off topic here...

PXL-20210113-070518722.jpg

...just sayin :brow:

It's funny this thread is either busy with nonsense or silent, but I don't mind it being a slower thread because we're already at 350 pages somehow :rofl:

Last edited:

Tweakz

It's funny this thread is either busy with nonsense or silent, but I don't mind it being a slower thread because we're already at 350 pages somehow
perhaps this is due to the fact that everyone who had problems with tm began to be solved. I hope so .my tm after 11 months of hard daily use , work absolutely perfect .

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Well, I'll still be over here. Even if I wanted one, I haven't got the $300. I am currently VERY happy with my TM. If I DID have the cash to spend I suspect it would be for another TM or stuff to put in it.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Looks like someone finally found the HEATER that the TM uses, and put it on the TOP of the bowl, like a mini portable NV WEEDEATER. The LIPO battery pack, looks from photos, that you can open the bottom and replace it, assuming it’s a STANDARD size, most likely. I’ll wait till the form factor is reimagined, in another version, which would be smart.

I’m enjoying, switching between my TM and newly acquired IQ2, rotating between convection and conduction, gives you an appreciation for both styles and HIGHS....

Top Bottom