TinyMight / TM 2

RxPlorer

Welp! Today I became victim of the cross-threaded battery cover, despite using extreme caution during every battery change.

Upon inspection, the threads in the female connection are just about as rigid as tin foil. I tried carefully cleaning up the threads by rotating the cover back and forth. It seemed to work at first, but once the cover was completely removed, it was impossible to put it back in without jamming. Now I've got a cover stuck at half-way threaded, and a TM that's out of commission until a round trip to finland. Not awesome.

The battery cover is a glaring design flaw.

EDIT: What's the most reliable way to file a warranty repair claim? I tried the Return Requests section under account, but that seems to only show historic requests. How to file a new one?? The website is so slow for me it's taking about more than a minute to load each page.

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

Welp! Today I became victim of the cross-threaded battery cover, despite using extreme caution during every battery change.

Upon inspection, the threads in the female connection are just about as rigid as tin foil. I tried carefully cleaning up the threads by rotating the cover back and forth. It seemed to work at first, but once the cover was completely removed, it was impossible to put it back in without jamming. Now I've got a cover stuck at half-way threaded, and a TM that's out of commission until a round trip to finland. Not awesome.

Hopefully they'll just ship you a new top plate and it'll be an easy fix. If you have a tap and die set you could re-thread it yourself while you wait for a replacement, that's what I would do if I messed mine up. Start a claim, send an email, send an IG PM, use CAPS in your subject line, you probably know the drill for best communication.

justcametomind

EDIT: What's the most reliable way to file a warranty repair claim? I tried the Return Requests section under account, but that seems to only show historic requests. How to file a new one?? The website is so slow for me it's taking about more than a minute to load each page.
You just have to get on your orders page, and click the arrow on the far right of it.

AK47 AMI

Don't pack too loose though, you do not want air to bypass the load, though if you are getting hits at first then that should be fine... Pure convection is dependent on the air flow though so if you are drawing the same you should be getting hits unless the load is spent which can happen on the upper temps if you spend more time on the lower temps...

Definitely get a new battery, and treat it right, I remember when you got your first one you tried using it for a while without charging it first, that could hurt the overall battery longevity and it's capacity. Best to get spare batteries regardless to extend session time, so just buy two Sony VTC6 or molicell P26A with an external charger, then you should never have an issue with it dying on you!

Yes @Shit Snacks I'm trying to do in-between packed and loose so would be even, yes I will order a new battery and charger too and then will always have one, it may have been that initial charge like you said, as I was trying to use it a few times! I'm just finding that I have to do a quite a strong draw on it to get decent clouds or a hit on some temps? How much do you put in a bowl usually? Do you fill right to the top or leave a gap etc? Like I said, sometimes get a real decent hit and then after not so great so I think it's finished, but then the draw after get clouds! 😂 I've got a full battery now so will try tonight and see how it goes 👍

Seemed to provide some relief but I wasn't sure if it was more of the CBD or CBG that did that. Theres no actual high, seemed to make the pain more bearable. It does feel relaxing and I guess uplifting would be the word?

Not gonna lie though pretty bad back pain. I've pulled it a few times over the years this is probably top 3. I had actually taken a pain killer earlier that day, but didn't like that at all which is why I figured I'd try the CBD/CBG and I actually ended up finding it more helpful.

TM was my best friend last night lol.

Awesome, thank you! I'll have to check both of them out. I glanced at them - the $50 sampler and the T2 X Cherry Wine caught my eye from the Wisco guys. May have to try top cola wife too!

This is where I placed my first and only order from so far and I have to say, I wasn't sure where to set my expectations in the first place but I was pleasantly surprised. https://www.thehemphaus.com/collections/cbd-flower

Up until this point, I'd be doing exactly that, adding it into my THC flower occasionally to "round out" the high a bit better, which I really enjoyed experimenting with.

Damn! You got it worse than me for sure. No collar for me (or broken bones, thankfully), but I dont even know what I did! Thats the annoying part.

I was fairly busy this weekend but suspect I was rushing and tweaked something moving firewood. Started to feel it tightening up Sunday night and Monday morning I was basically immobile.

I'm confused. 2 X 25 minute sessions, are you leaving it session mode the whole time? Or in on-demand, just pressing the button right before you take a hit?

The whole thing could be a battery issue like @Shit Snacks had said.

Also if you start low, typically in my experience the higher level hits aren't as "full." Start off at 7 or 8 and its like night and day compared to starting at 4 and working your way up.
No I mean I would have one sesh one night for 25 mins on demand mode and then on the next night too 👍 all on demand mode, usually press button and wait till vibration and then toke it sometimes with button slightly pressed and then let go, or just let go when taking a hit... Do you and all do it differently at all or? Actually, yeah that's a point I do go on 4 and then temp step in half's then finish around 7 or 8 but sometimes it's harsh, and could do with not have to take a strong draw off it which sometimes I do have to... Wonder if loosen that screw a little where CU would help at all? 😉

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yes @Shit Snacks I'm trying to do in-between packed and loose so would be even, yes I will order a new battery and charger too and then will always have one, it may have been that initial charge like you said, as I was trying to use it a few times! I'm just finding that I have to do a quite a strong draw on it to get decent clouds or a hit on some temps? How much do you put in a bowl usually? Do you fill right to the top or leave a gap etc? Like I said, sometimes get a real decent hit and then after not so great so I think it's finished, but then the draw after get clouds! 😂 I've got a full battery now so will try tonight and see how it goes 👍

Having a clean screen, can affect things, also the cooling unit, that adds draw restriction and can be worse if it needs cleaning... I'd also suggest looking into getting a WPA of some sort to use with a glass j hook, so you don't need the cooling unit either, though that would be less portable... But anyway yes I think a good strong draw works best, but you can slow sip a little more with a j hook like I described, but the key is consistency in your draw, steady etc. Plus temp stepping as I said.

Sometimes I feel to the top sometimes I leave a gap, depends how much I'm loading in which stem, doesn't really matter in my experience though... Your session style sounds normal, with the on-demand use too.

Yeah if you are having trouble getting consistent hits then that would also explain weaker battery life, it's not getting used! but definitely buy a couple spare batteries to charge externally as well regardless!

Oh and don't forget the quote feature, so you can reply to multiple posts at once :D

Momor

Like I said, sometimes get a real decent hit and then after not so great so I think it's finished, but then the draw after get clouds!
Does that happen while the temperature stay the same or do you slightly increase temp after your second draw ?
With my herbs, if i take a good hit at a given temp, i hardly can get another one at same temp (almost never), so i temp step after each draw.
usually press button and wait till vibration and then toke it sometimes with button slightly pressed and then let go, or just let go when taking a hit
Maybe try pressing the button longer and also maybe taking longer draws ? But you don't need really long draws though. A ~10s draw with the button pressed for the first 7s should be quite enough

Shit Snacks

Does that happen while the temperature stay the same or do you slightly increase temp after your second draw ?
With my herbs, if i take a good hit at a given temp, i hardly can get another one at same temp (almost never), so i temp step after each draw.

Maybe try pressing the button longer and also maybe taking longer draws ? But you don't need really long draws though. A ~10s draw with the button pressed for the first 7s should be quite enough

Oh yeah @AK47 AMI forgot to ask if you were temp stepping every hit, like I described in that other thread, and as momor says above! I start around 3 or 4 and go up by 0.5, with only one hit at each step, up to 7 or 8

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Happy, healthy and safe New Year to all. Went out to check my mail and the first of two shipments of new glass arrived today, and I wasn’t expecting them until next week. Today’s was a Mobius double perc and my Tinymight had the honor of breaking it in. And wow! I’m flying right now after finishing a semi-used load of something (I honestly can’t remember) and then some fresh Blueberry Kush. I also had the TM up to 9.5 which is very rare. Natively I take average 10 sec draws and with the glass an extra few seconds. I got some nice clouds, softer than you might imagine but then glass is relatively new for me, so I gotta do more experimenting. I am using the stock short stem with a silicone WPA and the connection felt secure as I was holding it. But wow, the Tinymight rocks AGAIN - every single time! :D:peace:

Djsleepy

Ugh ! One of my TM’s heater is out.Tried rotating temp dial, reinsert battery. Am still getting battery vibrations just no heat ugh! Anything I could be forgetting to try? Or is time for some labels ?

Edit : Damn I’m so glad it’s easy to mess with! I took it apart and reassembled and boom 🔥 . Only thing I can’t think is maybe power button was not centered and able to fire, IDC! But speaking of buttons this one has either been redesigned or mine was first gen or something. Previously my button was not atteched directly to circuit board but had back legs 1/4” tall??!! Not anymore attached to board. So I can say so far this button looks good.

Last edited:

AK47 AMI

@Shit Snacks @Momor guys I trieste night after with a full battery charge worked very well! So may have done some damage to this battery and it's not as good or something?? As on 3 vibrations it's not as good! Plus is there anyway I can take a shorter draw, my lungs are not great and 10s draw is difficult (I heard the TM is an easy draw but I'm struggling really) could do with not taking a massive draw etc which I feel I'm having to at the mo?! I think I have asthma/COPD issues, copd has not been verified yet and I think it's just asthma but need tests! Is it better to have it at a higher temp and take less draws etc? Will clean it out and see if it makes a difference too. I love using it and I'm guessing it's a lot better than smoking a j but it's difficult due to draw strength 😭 if anyway this can be made easier I think it will be awesome! Plus can tell it's much better as nothing is in its vapor path apart from CU and glass unit apart from o rings obviously

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@AK47 AMI – Ten seconds are actually considered to be on the shorter site. You can try upping the temp and start higher, that will indeed allow shorter draws (but hotter too, I recommend cooldown breaks after the second or third draw). By „easy draw” we refer to how tight a draw is, not how long it takes to have a decent hit.

Which battery are you using in your device?

AK47 AMI

Cheers I'll try this, yes I could do with just not having to pull so hard to take a draw, it was the normal vct battery that it comes with I Believe as standard?
@AK47 AMI – Ten seconds are actually considered to be on the shorter site. You can try upping the temp and start higher, that will indeed allow shorter draws (but hotter too, I recommend cooldown breaks after the second or third draw). By „easy draw” we refer to how tight a draw is, not how long it takes to have a decent hit.

AK47 AMI,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Cheers I'll try this, yes I could do with just not having to pull so hard to take a draw, it was the normal vct battery that it comes with I Believe as standard?

Okay, I was just asking because a different cell could cause issues.

I think the TM is your first vape, right? It takes some time to get used to it when coming from smoking, so be patient.

Momor

@Shit Snacks @Momor guys I trieste night after with a full battery charge worked very well! So may have done some damage to this battery and it's not as good or something?? As on 3 vibrations it's not as good! Plus is there anyway I can take a shorter draw, my lungs are not great and 10s draw is difficult (I heard the TM is an easy draw but I'm struggling really) could do with not taking a massive draw etc which I feel I'm having to at the mo?! I think I have asthma/COPD issues, copd has not been verified yet and I think it's just asthma but need tests! Is it better to have it at a higher temp and take less draws etc? Will clean it out and see if it makes a difference too. I love using it and I'm guessing it's a lot better than smoking a j but it's difficult due to draw strength 😭 if anyway this can be made easier I think it will be awesome! Plus can tell it's much better as nothing is in its vapor path apart from CU and glass unit apart from o rings obviously
What @Siebter said 😉

Momor,

Shit Snacks

If you think the draw is tight, and you have not cleaned your cooling unit yet, then I assure you it is clogged with oils! If you boil it in some whole chocolate milk, before doing iso alcohol and hot water, you could probably get really ripped!

Otherwise try looking into the alternative WPA options and glass pieces like the j hook... But yeah 10 seconds is not a very long draw, although you should be able to get a hit in a little less than that?

Okay, I was just asking because a different cell could cause issues.

I think the TM is your first vape, right? It takes some time to get used to it when coming from smoking, so be patient.

I don't think it is his first??

Also he had already mentioned how he tried to use it several times before charging the battery when it arrived so I think that hurt the overall battery performance and longevity life cycle...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Siebter

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Also he had already mentioned how he tried to use it several times before charging the battery when it arrived so I think that hurt the overall battery performance and longevity life cycle...

I don't think so, the battery management in the TM is pretty safe and will stop discharging the cell at 3.2V, often even way above that. No prob at all for a Li Ion.

A WPA setup is indeed a good call.

Siebter,

Shit Snacks

I don't think so, the battery management in the TM is pretty safe and will stop discharging the cell at 3.2V, often even way above that. No prob at all for a Li Ion.

I think you totally missed my point, a brand new cell should not be used without charging first, it does not come with enough charge to be used, and depleting that "base charge" before the initial charge can hurt the overall life and performance of the cell...

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I think you totally missed my point, a brand new cell should not be used without charging first, it does not come with enough charge to be used, and depleting that "base charge" before the initial charge can hurt the overall life and performance of the cell...

I did and do understand perfectly well. It's not an issue, Li Ion cells do not have to be fully charged when being used for the first time, it does not harm them.

Siebter,

Shit Snacks

I did and do understand perfectly well. It's not an issue, Li Ion cells do not have to be fully charged when being used for the first time, it does not harm them.

Again, it's not about being fully charged, or fully discharged, using a brand new cell that has never been charged up is going to hurt it in the long run. You're free to disagree, but you're not going to convince me otherwise!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Sorry, Siebter is right about lithium batteries. Whatever charge level it had when delivered will either work, or the chip in the TM will show empty at 3.2 volts, and time to charge. 3.0 volts is also ok, as most lithium batteries spec sheets are using a 2.5 volt cutoff when charging, they can get the biggest mAh capacity rating discharging to 2.5 volts. And of course the charging rate is always 4.2 volts for most 18650 lithium’s.

Want the best 4-bay individual cell charger, get a SkyRC MC3000, not for beginners, but not hard to learn.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Again, it's not about being fully charged, or fully discharged, using a brand new cell that has never been charged up is going to hurt it in the long run. You're free to disagree, but you're not going to convince me otherwise!
I don't mean to make up your mind, I'm trying to counter false info with facts here within the forum. Different cells behave very differently according to their chemistry, and there's a lot of stuff getting mixed up between different cell types when it comes to how to preserve their health. Do some research (I think I linked some info about Li Ions for you recently, didn't I?) and you will see that it is actually not an issue to use a brand new Li Ion right away.

Top Bottom