TinyMight / TM 2

vapepilot

Regarding my defective Tinymight

As i am still waiting for DHL to deliver the new Tinymight David sent me out, I was peeking inside the defective unit today...
And sure it doesn't work^^ The potentiometer only has 2 of 3 contacts left, the third leg has been ripped of directly at the casing of the potentiometer and the potentiometer is sitting tilted on the board.

And i PROMISE, i haven't turned the dial not even close to strong enough to do such a damage to it... I suppose that must have happened at assembly.

btw
It seems to be a bourns 3361 P104 (100kOhm) trimmer, if someone might need that info.
it seems that you better had bought an hopper ;)

vapepilot,
Reactions: Marlox

SquirrelMaster

@BubbleDrop
In an ideal world a multilingual (English and Finnish at minimum) dedicated customer service representative would be hired who would oversee all RMA's and would communicate with potential customers handling all emails and IG PM's. The Tinymight would also move to mass production while selecting a few retailers around the world whom the CS rep would communicate with. Wherever demand is highest should be taken care of first. The U.S.A. would be first and hopefully a Canadian retailer could be picked as well (I'm biased). Europeans should get a retailer as well somewhere, maybe "central"? If the supply is present then multiple retailers should be picked especially for my southern neighbors where I expect demand to be the highest. All customer service issues would be handled by the respective retailers from where the device is purchased and they would communicate with the Tinymight CS rep. QA/QC would need to be good with that many units going out unless new units were being replaced first but that gives me bad Ghost Vapes vibes and I don't want them to go out of business. Tinymight should also address the minor issues issues of light bleed (gasket?) and the loose fire button (spring?) to further improve the device. I don't mind little updates along the way which we've seen with the programming of the vape.

With that said I don't know how easy or hard it is to set up mass production in Finland and although outsourcing may work I'm against it honestly. I want end products (if possible) from their respective countries. I'd love to see all components and assembly take place in Finland but I know that would be extremely difficult.

Some of this could already be in the works for all we know and it's not like COVID would be doing any favors.

Once all that was taken care new wood species could be offered (I can dream can't I :D).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I completely agree @m0sh and without naming names I would take the Tinymight over the most popular vape out there any day, every day. Better battery life, interchangeable batteries, better flavour, smaller, easier to clean (barely but still), no plastic, faster heat up, and an internal charging port type that is much more accessible. That's my preference anyways.

I like having different devices for variety but the Tinymight checks so many boxes it's impossible to ignore how overwhelming awesome it is (cs issues aside).

SquirrelMaster

Do you think there would be a market for that?
As i said, i disassembled it today and the wooden part is not very complicated to produce i'd say

I think there would be but I'm biased 'cause I want one :lol:. It think it would come down to final cost but more importantly sorting out existing issues first so some current or potential owners on the fence were confident it was worth the extra dough. I have happily paid more for exotics because to me those woods are worth it. It's like Pokemon, I gotta catch 'em all!

If I had time I would attempt making one myself but I am just too busy not to mention the current lockdowns which prevent me from using a friends equipment.

If they moved forward with other woods I would expect small batches of one type of wood at a time to keep costs lower.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: Vaporware

BubbleDrop

In an ideal world a multilingual (English and Finnish at minimum) dedicated customer service representative would be hired who would oversee all RMA's and would communicate with potential customers handling all emails and IG PM's. The Tinymight would also move to mass production while selecting a few retailers around the world whom the CS rep would communicate with.
I agree with that, but what I was just saying (and based on the information you gave here) : if the TM sold to 4000 units or so within a year, this is quite a large business especially for one person. As it's worth 1M € in sales.
And when you mention there have been roughly 60 defective units (an average of 5 per month) : I think at this point you can afford to hire someone to take care of 5 issues each month. Well, I'd do that if I managed a business worth this amount.

I would take the Tinymight over the most popular vape out there any day, every day. Better battery life, interchangeable batteries, better flavour, smaller, easier to clean (barely but still), no plastic, faster heat up, and an internal charging port type that is much more accessible. That's my preference anyways.
Same here, the TM is definitely one of my favorite vapes. I also purchased one for a friend and he's totally happy with it (coming from a Mighty).

slayyou

Do you think there would be a market for that?
As i said, i disassembled it today and the wooden part is not very complicated to produce i'd say
Not from the after market I would say, for the simple reason that while I don't find disassembly daunting, the vast majority does. If I say "hey guys remove the screw that say not to remove it, don't worry the ceramic rods could break, but not if your carefully". Your in hardcore diy person territory, maybe if they send their device in and you install it for them. But that sounds like allot of $

Tweakz

@BubbleDrop
In an ideal world a multilingual (English and Finnish at minimum) dedicated customer service representative would be hired who would oversee all RMA's and would communicate with potential customers handling all emails and IG PM's. The Tinymight would also move to mass production while selecting a few retailers around the world whom the CS rep would communicate with. Wherever demand is highest should be taken care of first. The U.S.A. would be first and hopefully a Canadian retailer could be picked as well (I'm biased). Europeans should get a retailer as well somewhere, maybe "central"? If the supply is present then multiple retailers should be picked especially for my southern neighbors where I expect demand to be the highest. All customer service issues would be handled by the respective retailers from where the device is purchased and they would communicate with the Tinymight CS rep. QA/QC would need to be good with that many units going out unless new units were being replaced first but that gives me bad Ghost Vapes vibes and I don't want them to go out of business. Tinymight should also address the minor issues issues of light bleed (gasket?) and the loose fire button (spring?) to further improve the device. I don't mind little updates along the way which we've seen with the programming of the vape.

With that said I don't know how easy or hard it is to set up mass production in Finland and although outsourcing may work I'm against it honestly. I want end products (if possible) from their respective countries. I'd love to see all components and assembly take place in Finland but I know that would be extremely difficult.

Some of this could already be in the works for all we know and it's not like COVID would be doing any favors.

Once all that was taken care new wood species could be offered (I can dream can't I :D).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I completely agree @m0sh and without naming names I would take the Tinymight over the most popular vape out there any day, every day. Better battery life, interchangeable batteries, better flavour, smaller, easier to clean (barely but still), no plastic, faster heat up, and an internal charging port type that is much more accessible. That's my preference anyways.

I like having different devices for variety but the Tinymight checks so many boxes it's impossible to ignore how overwhelming awesome it is (cs issues aside).
bro, I fucking completely agree with you and support every word you say. I am very glad that someone here has the same opinion as me . after all, my tm, like many others, works perfectly and I would like to improve the cs level.

maybe you can send your suggestions for improving the situation to tm maker by mail and via instagram ? I am ready to support you and subscribe to your every word

justcametomind

I agree with that, but what I was just saying (and based on the information you gave here) : if the TM sold to 4000 units or so within a year, this is quite a large business especially for one person. As it's worth 1M € in sales.
And when you mention there have been roughly 60 defective units (an average of 5 per month) : I think at this point you can afford to hire someone to take care of 5 issues each month. Well, I'd do that if I managed a business worth this amount.

Same here, the TM is definitely one of my favorite vapes. I also purchased one for a friend and he's totally happy with it (coming from a Mighty).
We can argue he had 4k+ sales from the orders numbers, but we cannot say how many of those orders were units or just accessories.
Any speculation about defective units is just speculation.

SquirrelMaster

bro, I fucking completely agree with you and support every word you say. I am very glad that someone here has the same opinion as me . after all, my tm, like many others, works perfectly and I would like to improve the cs level.

maybe you can send your suggestions for improving the situation to tm maker by mail and via instagram ? I am ready to support you and subscribe to your every word
Thanks Tweakz, I appreciate that. I've sent him a few IG messages and my only hope is that my rambling doesn't get lost in translation. I try to give suggestions to different companies if I think it would help their customers and themselves. I'm always trying to help in general and right now (2020) I feel like I need to double those efforts. Keeps me somewhat sane anyways :lol:

@justcametomind @BubbleDrop Oh no, just an educated guess and to be honest I forgot to take that into account. Another offsetting factor could be the shipments going to retailer(s) may not be counted as order numbers.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: Tweakz

Kaptan

Got a new tinymight and it doesn’t work fml. Anyone managed to fix it not heating up even at 10? If not guess it’s time to try to email them which is always fun :(
If the lights turn on but you are not getting much heat, try spinning the knob from 0-10 and back a couple of times. If it still does not work check the metal strip that is suppose to make contact to the top metal piece. You may have to bend it slightly so it makes stronger contact. There should be a pic of this about 7-8 pages back in this thread. Good luck!

Bazinga

Sent an email today to TM to request a shipping label as my one of my TMs is need of repair. I fear this is going to be a long process. I wonder how long before a response.

Friday I emailed Davinci twice. With the first email I received a response within 2 hours (not days) and the second email was answered in under an hour. They offered a great Black Friday price for my second IQ2. I placed the order online. Received an immediate confirmation. Yesterday (Sunday) I received a shipping notice.

Look, I love the TM, however I cannot stand the drama. The IQ2 was considerably less money and medicates just as well as the TM (subjective, I know). At the end of the day, if pricing between the 2 were close, and if customer service was similar to Davinci. I would most likely recommend the TM. At this time I very much appreciate the outstanding support provided by Davinci. Plus extremely fast shipping. And - the IQ2 works very well for me. This has become my go to vape (along with my Splinter).

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Received my second tinymight 3 weeks 1 day from ordering to delivery. I also received all of my accessories with it so I'm feeling super lucky. My second tinymight arrived in immaculate condition unlike my first which came with some small scratches in the metal and it has some funky zebra strips in the wood that really play in the light 😁 it's battery was fully depleted so I swapped it out for a fresh one, noticed the groove didn't line up and is eschewed with the vape but is flush with the top plate, maybe the threads need a little attention to make my OCD happy. I ran it through a session mode burn off after a ISO qtiping. I'm not going to take it for a test drive until my mom opens it up on Christmas, yes you read that right I'm not going to play with it until then total buzzkill 😫 ah who the hell am I kidding I already used it once just to make sure it works and it does, beautifully and identically to my first. Knock on wood I got 2 good units and hopefully it stays that way for a long while.

Two months one day since I got my first and I'm still medicating daily with the tinymight. This thing truly has the performance of a desktop without any of the waiting, it allows me to medicate in moments any time day or night, anywhere.

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
how many bowls do you go through until you have to recharge it? this device should have two batteries inside instead of 1

Ipe17

Well, it is already 3 months trying to get a repair label for my broken Tinymight.

At this point I would not recommend buying this device. I would expect better CS. I can understand a bit of delay.... but 3 months and not even getting them to send me a repair label....

three months?i sincerly hope that my unit arrives in mint condition and works like it should with these mixed messages

smitsyaron,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Are those scratches? I wonder how that passed quality control?
No, it’s machinery cuts. Mine has similar cuts or ‘stripes’ too but not quite in the same direction and amount. And I’ve had my TM since early May. It can be sanded however I’d recommend disassembling it to do so. It could be done without disassembly but I’d worry sanded particles would enter the inside (not good). Several folks here have sanded and stained their units while a few others have simply wrapped the unit in material as a cover.

So, remediate at your own will and caution. :peace:

LabPong

Well, it is already 3 months trying to get a repair label for my broken Tinymight.

At this point I would not recommend buying this device. I would expect better CS. I can understand a bit of delay.... but 3 months and not even getting them to send me a repair label....

It will take more than 1 attempt then....I did it the second time after a week of not receiving a response...and the 2nd time worked for me.

But I ended up not sending mine in...I fixed the connection issue of the ribbon connection on the top piece. No problems since that fix.

Are those scratches? I wonder how that passed quality control?
I think it is from machining or the process of shaping it. I have seen it on several units.

Also, you will get no where sending an email for a warranty return requst. You must log into the TM site and go into your order history...where you then que the return label in that purchase options.

Bazinga

LabPong - I did just that yesterday. No real rush as I have many other devices (damn VAS). However, I would like a response and repair sooner rather than later. I won't hold my breath waiting.

Bazinga,

clive_bob

If the lights turn on but you are not getting much heat, try spinning the knob from 0-10 and back a couple of times. If it still does not work check the metal strip that is suppose to make contact to the top metal piece. You may have to bend it slightly so it makes stronger contact. There should be a pic of this about 7-8 pages back in this thread. Good luck!
FYI I just got mine back after problems with the haptic buzz. It was 6 weeks round trip. He attached a prepaid shipping label that I did not notice after waiting a couple of weeks for a reply. I emailed him asking nicely for its return after he had it about a month, several days later he replied it would be shipped very soon. It arrived about a week later.

Also, he included 4 or 5 glass stems and a couple of dosing caps.

Top Bottom