TinyMight / TM 2

Steam22

Well it seems I'm still getting pretty poor performance. I'm finding myself turning it up to 10 to get visible vapor.

Hopefully the maker gets in touch soon.
Curious what your resolution with this has been. I’ve had similar problems with one of my units, I did similar fixes that temporarily worked, but then I’m out if he drastically reduced as you describe. The manufacturer sent me the method for recalibrating-increasing the quantity of heat, but I can’t get that to seemingly work.

Steam22,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
WTF you all are writing here soo much about the tinymight.. LOOOL

It is a good Vape no question, but what is there always so much to write there ????:wave::D
run dmc shut up GIF by Dr. Donna Thomas Rodgers

TM.png

justcametomind

Before the TM my Mighty was for first morning hit and on road, but after.... well we all know how this sentence ends!
Flavor is worse on the Mighty, imho still decent, but what I miss the most is the impossibility to scorch any load on it.
After using it for months at 8, now I’m at 7 max, same waterpiece. No more scorched bowls.
After disassembling the bowl for cleaning, I saw a build up of abv sifted trough the bottom screen, forming on the sides of the heater. I don’t see any easy way to clean it. I think I should have used the CU inside the Wpa.

justcametomind,

Vapefanatic

I've put my intended purchase on hold, not that I feel it bothers TM the slightest.

Between the customer service, reliability, consistency and apparently cleaning issues, I just can't see myself pulling the trigger. Too much guesswork. It does not help that TM is not even acknowledging these issues, or making any statements to give buyers assurance. Not even an apology? It seems that members on this thread are the ones doing the customer service 90% of the time. And doing a heck of a job if I may say so.

TM is so lucky they got awesome customers. Even customers who did not receive the proper warranty servicing are praising them. What else do they want? I feel they should buck up and interact more with their customers, who are solely responsible for their success. Screwing them over like that ain't cool.

The faulty units are not a random occurrence because there are just too many reports of them. At this point, it's a clear manufacturing defect. Customers should not have to pay shipping both ways to get it resolved. The wait alone is unfair enough. I get that we all agreed to the terms and conditions of purchase. I'm just saying this should be done out of courtesy.

I'm a newbie here so please pardon me if I said anything wrong. You guys are just so awesome. Hate to see awesome people getting treated like this.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
You are absolutely right that this is not the right vape for someone who needs or wants their hand held by the vendor. He is relatively uncommunicative, far away, and usually very slow to respond when he does. He just happens to make among the best vapes on the market at a reasonable price, and many of us are willing to put up with the above for that. And yes, many of this vapes users are ready or willing to help where they can, including learning enough about the vape to help resolve potential issues that some have had, often in an effort to resolve their own issues.
Not everyone is willing to self repair their toys, in which case this vape could be a risk or annoying and might not be your best choice, tho many buyers have never had a problem with theirs and have only praise for it. I (knock knock) am one of those so far, but if I do have a problem I think there is a good chance there is enough info in here for me to fix it, and if not I have several good vapes I can use while mine is off to Finland and back.
Most FC threads have helpers in them beyond the vendors who like to contribute, so it really isn't unusual that this thread is haunted by fans who offer suggestions. That is really one of the greatest draws of this forum that keeps us coming back. That and good mods.

Steam22

I have 2 of them. One has worked perfectly and the other has had a heat level problem that I’ve think I’ve now fixed with a bit of tinkering with the help of this community. I have all the well-known competitor portable vapes, and while there are many very good ones with different strengths and weaknesses, the TM, IMO, is elevated portable flower vaping to a new level. Given this seems to be the brainchild of a single person, who also has his own bespoke style and approach, I fully support working with him to continue to make an improve the vape. Also, tracking issues in these forums may not accurately reflect the problem rate. Regardless, if you want a very good bomb-proof vape, there may be other brands to consider, such a an Arizer. But as long as I have the TM, I don’t use the others (except perhaps the Grasshopper io which is hard to beat for fast microvaping on the fly).

JammerBR

Well shit. Stripped out the battery cap threads on both pieces (cap and top of TM). Anyone done this before or know of a fix? Such a beautiful vape that worked so well. To me that metal on metal cap has been the only fiddley thing about it. Now this. Is it possible to buy a new top piece and swap them out? Thanks gang, kinda devastated about losing my favorite vape.
Any update on your battery cap? Mine just stripped too. Were you able to buy a replacement top, fix it, or scrap it? Please update me. Thanks for your help!

Same thing happened to mine, the cap was a little weird coming in and out. I started using a plastic pick but It slowly got worse and I needed metal tools and then it became so bad that it wont screw all the way in or come out. The more I tried the more I stripped it so now my tinymight is stuck with a battery inside that is not fully connected.

The type of material he uses for the cap is wayyy too soft, he needs something more durable. I've been emailing him just about every week to see if I can get a replacement top (offered to pay) or if I should mail the whole thing back to him but I haven't gotten a reply. I am very upset about this, I barely got a month of use from it.

I hope he starts checking his emails soon.
Any update on your battery cap? Mine just stripped too. Were you able to buy a replacement top, fix it, or scrap it? Please update me. Thanks for your help!

JammerBR,

Ripstar

I seem to be lucky with my unit. I will say though, the only thing I don't care for with this thing is the loud buzzing. It kinda makes me feel like this thing can fail at any moment. It's crazy loud. Other than that, this thing is a beast

Ripstar,

tokenknifeguy

You are absolutely right that this is not the right vape for someone who needs or wants their hand held by the vendor. He is relatively uncommunicative, far away, and usually very slow to respond when he does. He just happens to make among the best vapes on the market at a reasonable price, and many of us are willing to put up with the above for that. And yes, many of this vapes users are ready or willing to help where they can, including learning enough about the vape to help resolve potential issues that some have had, often in an effort to resolve their own issues.
Not everyone is willing to self repair their toys, in which case this vape could be a risk or annoying and might not be your best choice, tho many buyers have never had a problem with theirs and have only praise for it. I (knock knock) am one of those so far, but if I do have a problem I think there is a good chance there is enough info in here for me to fix it, and if not I have several good vapes I can use while mine is off to Finland and back.
Most FC threads have helpers in them beyond the vendors who like to contribute, so it really isn't unusual that this thread is haunted by fans who offer suggestions. That is really one of the greatest draws of this forum that keeps us coming back. That and good mods.
I don't think many people want their hand held by the vendor, are you kidding? I think what many people do want, and is warranted, is to get some customer service. We ain't talking about throwing $20 down the drain, but closer to $300 with long wait times. So yes people will get pissed when the device is faulty or has problems and can not get in contact with the vendor at any reasonable time frame. Having to wait 2-3 months (yes it took that long for many) to finally get a response is a joke. I don't see how you can view that as people needing their hand held, or wanting their hand held by the vendor.

Vapefanatic

I don't think many people want their hand held by the vendor, are you kidding? I think what many people do want, and is warranted, is to get some customer service. We ain't talking about throwing $20 down the drain, but closer to $300 with long wait times. So yes people will get pissed when the device is faulty or has problems and can not get in contact with the vendor at any reasonable time frame. Having to wait 2-3 months (yes it took that long for many) to finally get a response is a joke. I don't see how you can view that as people needing their hand held, or wanting their hand held by the vendor.
Thank you!

SquirrelMaster

I seem to be lucky with my unit. I will say though, the only thing I don't care for with this thing is the loud buzzing. It kinda makes me feel like this thing can fail at any moment. It's crazy loud. Other than that, this thing is a beast

Sensitive hearing? I hear mine but it's pretty quiet even with no ambient noise. I can see how the noise is unsettling being right by your face but I only worry about my unregulated devices.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
unfortunately, I do. It's weird getting high while being annoyed... 😂

Yeah the buzzing is loud, but it doesn't mean failure is imminent, in fact the opposite, buzzing is good it means the heater is activated and working as it should! if you try to use it and you don't hear the buzzing, that's when you should worry! :rofl:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
No, I'm not kidding at all. If you had ever done support for any product in any industry you would know that that statement is silly. Many, many people want their hand held by the vendor on many of the products they buy, especially as they become more complicated or expensive. There is nothing inherently wrong with that, we are just all different in how we deal with challenges. Some people don't mind, or may even enjoy fiddling adjusting and/or fixing our shit. Some would rather call the guy. Tomato Tomoto. All I was suggesting was that if he is not the kinda guy who would even attempt a self repair than this may not be the vape for him. Was that bad advice?
You may also have noticed that I didn't imply in any way that I think TM's CS level is OK. In fact I think it is deplorable. It just so happens that I and many others are willing to put up with it to get one of the best vapes on the market. If you're not that is perfectly fine and I wouldn't dream of criticizing you for it. I would appreciate the same consideration.

D

Deleted member 66001

No, I'm not kidding at all. If you had ever done support for any product in any industry you would know that that statement is silly. Many, many people want their hand held by the vendor on many of the products they buy, especially as they become more complicated or expensive. There is nothing inherently wrong with that, we are just all different in how we deal with challenges. Some people don't mind, or may even enjoy fiddling adjusting and/or fixing our shit. Some would rather call the guy. Tomato Tomoto. All I was suggesting was that if he is not the kinda guy who would even attempt a self repair than this may not be the vape for him. Was that bad advice?
You may also have noticed that I didn't imply in any way that I think TM's CS level is OK. In fact I think it is deplorable. It just so happens that I and many others are willing to put up with it to get one of the best vapes on the market. If you're not that is perfectly fine and I wouldn't dream of criticizing you for it. I would appreciate the same consideration.

Huh............so that's how one spells Tomoto. A forum for more than just vape fixing. A forum for everyone.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
What batteries should I get during black Friday to have more backups? Any recommendations?
Sony VTC6. I ordered extras online in May when I got my Tinymight. That’s all is use and just ordered a couple of new ones a few days ago which should arrive today or tomorrow. Others use variations but I’ll stick with the recommended cell from The Maker. :peace:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Yeah the buzzing is loud, but it doesn't mean failure is imminent, in fact the opposite, buzzing is good it means the heater is activated and working as it should! if you try to use it and you don't hear the buzzing, that's when you should worry! :rofl:
Copyright issues aside the Tinymight would have made an apt inheritor of the name Noisy Cricket

Noisy_Cricket.jpg

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Copyright issues aside the Tinymight would have made an apt inheritor of the name Noisy Cricket

Noisy_Cricket.jpg
Related to noise, mine is comparable to whisper quiet. Honestly from Day 1 I’ve never noticed the motor’s noise save for the haptic feedback. My hearing ain’t the best but my Tinymight is very quiet even holding it up to either ear while on. Not sure what internally would contribute to increased noise levels. Nearly 7 full months with this vape and love it each and every single time. :peace:

Top Bottom