TinyMight / TM 2

LabPong

Edit: I should add that I've added an additional screen above the heating coil, mostly for peace of mind (after pushing the OG screen in) but also because I thought that it might help even out the air flow a bit more. So the screen may also be contributing to the more even ABV:

Your adding conduction to the process and that is why your getting more even abv. I would be careful using that if you use higher temps or maybe session mode. That SS piece is going to cause your load to be easier to combust because it would be holding residual heat.

But if your not allowing it to get so hot with back to back draws or with higher heats....might not be an issue.

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
A friend asked me if I thought sending a second hand unit back for repair was a worthwhile idea and I responded that it would ONLY be worthwhile if one never wanted to see their unit again.

What are the members opinions on 'returns for repair"?

SixStringToker

Naked member
Your adding conduction to the process and that is why your getting more even abv. I would be careful using that if you use higher temps or maybe session mode. That SS piece is going to cause your load to be easier to combust because it would be holding residual heat.

But if your not allowing it to get so hot with back to back draws or with higher heats....might not be an issue.
It's definitely not an issue. With the current setup (Vapexhale screen and stainless "holey" insert), I can rip on it with the dial set at 8 (I usually only go to 7 or 7.5) until there's no longer any visible vapor being produced and it there's still no sign of combustion.

Djsleepy

A friend asked me if I thought sending a second hand unit back for repair was a worthwhile idea and I responded that it would ONLY be worthwhile if one never wanted to see their unit again.

It sucks I have be FF2+ that’s been sitting since 9/8 with no repair as the repair shop is Covid hotspot and worked is limited to essential persons. Then you have situations like my button on my TM , I have no idea how soon I would get that back but I want a working device ( I don’t spend money for nothing)!!!

dzoinp

Accessory Maker

Send it to me and I'll post a picture of that TM once a month so your friend can see it

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Imho if your goal is easy vaping, this is not the vape for that. Many glass parts make me unconfortable to bring it outdoors and use it as mindlessly as other vapes (Fury2, Mighty, Crafty, FM Cap). Customer service it seems hasn't improved more than one bit.
I use it as my most delicate unit, it's still my go to vape since it's not even a month old, but I try to apply extreme care and postpone any need of customer service. This means care when dealing with the stem (not pressing too much when insterting the stem, avoiding back to back sessions and instead letting the vape cool down after a bowl, avoiding external charge of the battery not to screw/unscrew the battery lid all the time). This is pretty far from "easy vaping" imho. It is perhaps overkill and of course it's not guaranteed my care will make my unit indestructible.

Our reports are aneddotical but the guy seems as always, quite a bit overwhelmed by orders. You should ask him to repair your unit, more than looking to get another one imho.

Couldn't disagree more. I think your let those anecdotes of broken glass overcome your mind a bit – actually these incidents have been pretty rare and I always considered the TM to be a rather sturdy device. Tossing it around is probably a bad idea, and so is dropping it, although mine survived a hard drop without issues. Inserting the stem is easy when you have set that big red o ring right. If you practice opening and closing the battery lid, it will become an easy task too. And I'm sure the TM has no prob with back to back sessions at all. Never had for me at least.

So yeah, everyone is different, but for me the TM is supereasy to use, maintain and take care of, not „delicate“ at all.

So...it sure does feel like I will be needed that beeswax, the question is, can I get it elsewhere or I should use the product sold on the website which I assume is safe.
I see that it mixed with paraffin oil, I have paraffin for lubing my water pieces, what would happen if I apply paraffin without beeswax? Does it always comes mixed with paraffin or this is just the way it works for this wood?

The paraffin is probably only mixed in to make the beeswax smoother. You can find beeswax for much cheaper in any hardware store.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
So...it sure does feel like I will be needed that beeswax, the question is, can I get it elsewhere or I should use the product sold on the website which I assume is safe.
I see that it mixed with paraffin oil, I have paraffin for lubing my water pieces, what would happen if I apply paraffin without beeswax? Does it always comes mixed with paraffin or this is just the way it works for this wood?
Some folks prefer the all-natural beeswax; paraffin is a petroleum product.
You can use the paraffin you already have on hand. If what you have is liquid, it is likely paraffin oil, which may tend to penetrate the wood slightly more than beeswax. That may be the reason it is an ingredient in the 'factory finish'. The liquid is also somewhat less 'wax-y' than solid paraffin or beeswax.

I would personally base the decision on smell. If you don't like the smell of the paraffin you have, don't use it.
Any of these can work well as a light-duty wood finish. They all do best with 'refreshing' by re-application every so often.

vapviking,

Vaporware

I’m not sure they’re really adding conduction here, unless their flower is directly touching the new screen. I think it’s more of an airflow disrupter and a mini secondary convection heater once it warms up.

I’ve seen people double up on screens with other similar devices with good results, so whatever’s going on it seems worth a try. :)

It sucks I have be FF2+ that’s been sitting since 9/8 with no repair as the repair shop is Covid hotspot and worked is limited to essential persons. Then you have situations like my button on my TM , I have no idea how soon I would get that back but I want a working device ( I don’t spend money for nothing)!!!

Sorry man, that’s a lot of stuff in the shop. If even some of your use is at home or somewhere else you could use a desktop, you (and your poor portables) might really benefit from a solid desktop that can easily take all day every day use.

My choice there is the FlowerPot since all that can really break is the controller/coil which are very reliable and easily replaceable (or the glass bowls if you use those), but there are plenty of good options out there, and a decent number that you can leave on and use as much as you want with no problems.

With something like that as a backup, your portables would at least take less of a beating! :rofl:

I really don’t want to derail the thread so you can PM me or hit some desktop threads or Ask FC if you want more info, but I don’t know if there are many portables that can keep up with you indefinitely, and I know some of the desktops can. :)

Good luck with your RMAs anyway, I hope something comes back soon!

Djsleepy

I’m not sure they’re really adding conduction here, unless their flower is directly touching the new screen. I think it’s more of an airflow disrupter and a mini secondary convection heater once it warms up.

I’ve seen people double up on screens with other similar devices with good results, so whatever’s going on it seems worth a try. :)

Sorry man, that’s a lot of stuff in the shop. If even some of your use is at home or somewhere else you could use a desktop, you (and your poor portables) might really benefit from a solid desktop that can easily take all day every day use.

My choice there is the FlowerPot since all that can really break is the controller/coil which are very reliable and easily replaceable (or the glass bowls if you use those), but there are plenty of good options out there, and a decent number that you can leave on and use as much as you want with no problems.

With something like that as a backup, your portables would at least take less of a beating! :rofl:

I really don’t want to derail the thread so you can PM me or hit some desktop threads or Ask FC if you want more info, but I don’t know if there are many portables that can keep up with you indefinitely, and I know some of the desktops can. :)

Good luck with your RMAs anyway, I hope something comes back soon!
Thanks......I have a da Buddha but am in a 900 square foot apt and wife doesn’t vape/smoke and it clouds a room really quick lol..... so it’s portables!!!!! I only use them inside. This one may or may not be usage issues, I feel my that there is a language barrier as I had to explain a couple of different ways re: what was wrong but he finally said ok got it. I don’t want to say that the TM is in that group I killed.... and hey My FF2+’s work great I just wear the coil in three months!

ephemera.cannon

If even some of your use is at home or somewhere else you could use a desktop, you (and your poor portables) might really benefit from a solid desktop that can easily take all day every day use.

This is where my head is at right now re: finding an ideal desktop option while my portable is out of order. If it's OK, I might DM you if I still have desktop questions after reviewing the relevant forum sub. Cheers.

CremeFraiche1127

Ugh, keep having inconsistent performance with my unit. Doesn't matter the temp setting or load size or draw technique. Randomly my unit will just stop functioning at the level it used to and produce very weak clouds, even at 9. *Sometimes* unscrewing the bottom of the unit and making sure everything is aligned and screwing it back in fixes it somehow? But this is only temporary.
Is it possible that it's the batteries? I swap batteries instead of recharging the unit but I did buy all the batteries at the same time and they're the LG HG2's which are not the batteries that came with the unit.

CremeFraiche1127,

Kaptan

Ugh, keep having inconsistent performance with my unit. Doesn't matter the temp setting or load size or draw technique. Randomly my unit will just stop functioning at the level it used to and produce very weak clouds, even at 9. *Sometimes* unscrewing the bottom of the unit and making sure everything is aligned and screwing it back in fixes it somehow? But this is only temporary.
Is it possible that it's the batteries? I swap batteries instead of recharging the unit but I did buy all the batteries at the same time and they're the LG HG2's which are not the batteries that came with the unit.
If you have taken the unit apart, there is a metal band that goes up from the heater to the top plate. Be sure that band is making good contact with the top plate. If it is not, bend the metal slightly so it makes good contact. Also, make sure the screen holder above the heater has the wide flange facing up.

LabPong

I am seeing this issue with one of mine. I have narrowed it down to 2 things. Some might have issues with corrosion build up on batter lid possibly. There could be this issue with other contact points as well...such as the metal strip that touches the metal lid to continue the circuit.

Now I feel it is really a bigger issue with the software/board not utilizing power correctly or something. Often when I notice the heater not being at its normal ass kicking level.....I turn it off....take the battery out....then put it all back and start vaping like nothing happened.

I have a return label for it...but I am not sure yet wither I should send back for warranty or just try to keep figuring this out further.........

Also, make sure the screen holder above the heater has the wide flange facing up.

I have found after a good amount of testing.....(since last Jan.)...it does not matter which way the screen goes in.....unless you use a stem setup like dzoinp uses where it could push out the main screen into the heater. So using a stem setup like that...you are much better off using the wide side of the screen washer facing down. This way it holds the screen in better as there is a larger edge for it to hold on.

Last edited:
LabPong,

CremeFraiche1127

If you have taken the unit apart, there is a metal band that goes up from the heater to the top plate. Be sure that band is making good contact with the top plate. If it is not, bend the metal slightly so it makes good contact. Also, make sure the screen holder above the heater has the wide flange facing up.
I bent the metal band up slightly to make better contact and it worked for now! We'll see how long this fix holds up. I also switched back to the Sony VTC6 that came with the unit but I can't imagine it made a huge difference from my other HG2's

LabPong

I bent the metal band up slightly to make better contact and it worked for now! We'll see how long this fix holds up. I also switched back to the Sony VTC6 that came with the unit but I can't imagine it made a huge difference from my other HG2's

Yes.....I had adjusted the strip to make a harder contact with the lid. Im not sure if it helped or is the issue causing this situation.

Report back if you are still finding the issue after that adjustment.

LabPong,

abcd5432

Had this happen to me, but only on a very slow draw. Otherwise, I do this no problems

abcd5432,

trevytrev

Happy little clouds
Balls, just pushed the bottom screen into the bottom whilst giving it a gentle brush. How do you get it out?

trevytrev,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Pushed it through? I've done that. I had to take it apart. I couldn't see how to easily re-insert screen in mesh holder, I had a large screen I just laid on top of the wide-flange of the mesh holder, and subsequently pinched it in place with both the glass and metal tubes.

macbill,
Reactions: Summer

CremeFraiche1127

Yes.....I had adjusted the strip to make a harder contact with the lid. Im not sure if it helped or is the issue causing this situation.

Report back if you are still finding the issue after that adjustment.
Aaaand the issue started happening again this evening. It was working fine and then all of a sudden back to getting inconsistent hits. Sometimes I'll get one or two good hits again and then it's gone.
I sent an email but based on what I've read here I'm doubtful I'll get a response any time soon.

LabPong

Aaaand the issue started happening again this evening. It was working fine and then all of a sudden back to getting inconsistent hits. Sometimes I'll get one or two good hits again and then it's gone.
I sent an email but based on what I've read here I'm doubtful I'll get a response any time soon.

When this happens....turn it off and take the battery out. Then put it back in and turn on......see if it resets and gives you full power again.

LabPong,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Welp, it was bound to happen: an original Cooling Unit oring broke during cleaning one of my stems and CUs. I gotta go dumpster diving into the meh ones I bought on eBay. Right out of the gate when I got them a couple of months ago in anticipation of this moment, several were too thin and the CU slides almost freely down the stem. Maybe there’ll be a few I can salvage. And these are the correct size by spec too but naturally they’re too varied to work consistently. Technically, it’s the second batch of 100 red orings I bought on eBay (the first was worse than the second).

Coming up on almost 6 months of Tinymight bliss. I reach for the TM before my other vapes. It’s just friggin awesome - every single time! Except today due to a T-break due to work and a very long work day too. TGIF (early for me). Can’t wait for the weekend and my TM... :peace:

Top Bottom