TinyMight / TM 2

Ripstar

This question is a tough one to answer and is asked rather regularly... I'd like to contribute my opinion of the matter before you search back a couple of pages for the last time it was asked or further back for even more times it's been asked. (EDIT: Please don't read this as chastising or anything. Just wanted it to be clear that this thread is great resource for discourse regarding this exact question to help you find the ultimate answer you seek)

I personally think that an extra cooling unit is a "must-have" simply for the ease of being able to keep using your Tinymight for the approximately 20 minutes it requires to disassemble, soak in a cleaning solution of your choice, wash, dry, and reassemble a cooling unit for cleaning. I only would suggest it's a "must-have" because I don't rush when cleaning one of my cooling units. I'll disassemble and allow the metal parts to soak all day if I'm feeling so inclined. I also can allow them to air dry for equally as long if desired; this is because I have an additional cooling unit and stem that work perfectly fine while the others are getting cleaned. So I find myself using a stem and cooling unit for about a week at a time before cleaning, and just rotate them as such. I could certainly get by with only a single cooling unit but the additional one makes it much more convenient to clean at my leisure.

Regarding other accessories, it genuinely boils down to personal tastes. I feel like an individual could have just a Tinymight, 1 cooling unit, 1 stem, 1 battery, and the charging cable the device comes with and be very satisfied. This is only based upon my experiences with my device and I'm (very) certain some may not have had as positive experiences with their devices (and some are VERY vocal about this, so you'll certainly hear the tales erelong). If you're a fan of vaping through a water piece than either of the WPA become an absolute necessity, assuming you're not already in possession of an RBT stem that would adequately fulfill that need. A battery charger and additional 18650 batteries are also a strong candidates for "must-have", but again if you're pretty deep into vapes then you're most likely already equipped with such things. I think a beeswax isn't a bad choice but you can just let the oils on your hands coat and age your Tinymight from simple use over time.

I hope this overly verbose wall of text at least imparts upon you that the Tinymight you receive is a completely sufficient device with what is included. All additional accessories are just that, additional accessories. They can augment your use and experience more towards what you the user are looking for, but are absolutely not essential to enjoying what the Tinymight has to offer in consistent, on-demand vapor production (again only speaking to my personal experience here, I'd hate for this to come across as ignoring the issues some users have reported) that you can literally take anywhere.
Wow man, thanks so much for taking the time to explain this. Having VAS, it's hard sometimes to ask the right questions without shitting on a vape. This was such a great explanation of the vape. I literally asked what could seem as a small question, but I got a response like what I was hoping for. I am putting a order tonight. Thank a lot man! This is why I love this forum.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Can you post a photo, that would be a new inclusion... In my experience those rimmed basket screens are not good to use because they get stuck in the TM when I remove the stem... They also do not fit the stock stem at all, but other aftermarket 16mm stems...
my extra long stem came with a rimmed basket screen that don't get stuck in the TM. must be about 13mm
seem the image in the site:
special-228x228.jpeg

it was the screen I always wanted but after my mod it stopped making sense ...

murf2010

Fully operational now. And for anyone wondering it was never a faulty unit. The light revealed which setting it was on when shipped. We’re standard now and it’s working beautifully. Enjoying nice 12 second draws on 8 now of some gg4

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
cut that stupid curve
IMG-20201025-011307.jpg

lol the curve is part of what appeals to me, though I do wish the stem was much shorter... I don't have anything to cut glass with so that's not an option. I hope someday I'll find a local glass worker that can revive my green drydrotube that I broke using my TM early in quarantine... I wish these new screens would fit my prototype OGB stem but I bet inner diameter is too wide for it.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I wish you guys would quit talking about your backup units. I am already tempted and I don't need any more coaxing. I have never yet bought a duplicate of something I already have, and this is the most expensive unit I have purchased so far, so it would be a double whammy.

Then again, I have been back to work a couple months now...

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I wish you guys would quit talking about your backup units. I am already tempted and I don't need any more coaxing. I have never yet bought a duplicate of something I already have, and this is the most expensive unit I have purchased so far, so it would be a double whammy.

Buy this twenty dollar Ravage and we'll call it even. Also yeah: I'm mister backup but have staid my hand with the one Tinymight thus far no thanks to these guys.

bossman,
Reactions: arb

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
You must be related to my past girlfriend who had to sale shop whether she needed the items or not. If something had a great price she had to have it. That is a great price, but I have no use for another mod at this point. It is certainly closer to my price range, however.

I am contemplating a TM because now that I have had one for a while I wouldn't want to do without it if it developed a problem, but I certainly wouldn't be without other vapes to use so I think I will just chill for a while. I may have to stop reading this thread for a while tho.

cybrguy,
Reactions: sag

arb

Semi shaved ape
Allow me to help you and others with this problem on the TM.

The wood has a smell from being harvested and stored. It might not have been through a full cure or dry process that allows for the smells to fully leach out before manufacturing.

Ok...now...you have that smelly wood in your hands......time to finish the full dry/cure of the wood. Here is what I did to get rid of it on several units....not just one!

1. Take apart all the simple pieces such as the battery lid, stem slot parts (nut ring, o-ring, metal sleeve, bottom screen), there is still a glass liner here and will not come out until you take the top metal piece off the vape. You can opt not to take the top metal piece off the vape if you do not want to lightly unscrew the star bit screew on the bottom of the vape, of if you do not have the correct bit to use in the screw head.

2. (move to step 3 if you do not take off the top metal plate)
Loosen the main screw at the bottom of the vape just so it allows the top plate to come off the wood body. At this point do not allow the metal base to come off the wood body! You can use masking tape to keep the metal on the wood body as you work on it.

As you lift off the top metal piece, notice the very very thin clear o-ring that will come off the glass tube from the stem slot. It is important to get that back on correctly as well. It is what keeps the stem vapor slot sealed.

At this point you now have access to lots of bare wood inside the vape and are ready to clean it out.

3. Now with the vape opened up...use some lightly dampened ISO on q-tips to wipe out the wood inside and out. I also quickly use lightly dampened water on the q-tips to finish up just after the ISO swabbing. I did this in sections at a time.

4. Let the vape then air out for about an hour or so. It will help if you can set the vape exposed to some UV like in a window area or the like. You can also just take a blow dryer and use this to go faster and do a 2nd wipe off quicker if you like.

5. Now you can leave the vape open and let it sit overnight in this state.

6. Next day or how many days you want to wait late

Why buy one when you can buy three we always say.
😉

Kinick23

@Shit Snacks @SquirrelMaster

so yeah same setup as @dzoinp has. It’s funny cause I ordered it then thought I didn’t need it and sent them an email to cancel but bc of current CS they never did and it came anyway. I didn’t think I was going to like it but ever since using w/ the basket screen im loving the combo and is effective at cooling the vapor. Id like to get a custom piece at some point but for now this is working just fine :rockon: ..and the irony was the poor CS worked in my favor; I’m glad I kept it in the order

AB9-B5041-8-D04-4-A98-BFF2-9-CD71-E1-F11-A2.jpg

A4-D2382-C-C654-4266-8-D22-417-B2-D0-A536-A.jpg

CD9233-D4-01-BC-4383-8-C08-E1-F8-BEC41-DB5.jpg

Bazinga

Fully operational now. And for anyone wondering it was never a faulty unit. The light revealed which setting it was on when shipped. We’re standard now and it’s working beautifully. Enjoying nice 12 second draws on 8 now of some gg4
Light revealed what?
I don't understand .

Bazinga,

slayyou

Do any of you have experience with both the 18mm WPA and the all in one? I'm curious if there are airflow differences. I like the all in one but my ocd compels me to investigate.

Last edited:

Tweakz

Do any of you have experience with both the 18mm WPA and the all in one? I'm curious if there are airflow differences. I like the all in one but my ocd compels me to investigate.
I use all in one, and I find this option very good for microdosing.

but when I want more material, I take the adapter from sneaky Pete's and the standard long stem and it works perfectly

both options are good . all in one for microdoses, 18mm for large doses

slayyou

I use all in one, and I find this option very good for microdosing.

but when I want more material, I take the adapter from sneaky Pete's and the standard long stem and it works perfectly

both options are good . all in one for microdoses, 18mm for large doses
Thanks, adjustable loads is one of the attractions, but is there any difference in airflow though? I ask because the all in one has a larger reduction in diameter at the tip at the coupler + the built-in glass channels vs the 18mm. I'm guessing it won't make a massive difference.

Last edited:
slayyou,
Reactions: KVVS

skyvaper

So I've had my tinymight for over a month now and I have to say I'm impressed. A few things I've figured out along the way I'd like to pass on.

1. Turning the unit on and off. I figured this out and understand how to get consistent results. So there is a little play in the button. Before you start your three clicks make sure you have the button pressed enough to not have that slight wiggle room, THEN start your three presses.

2. I find I can go several battery changes without doing a full CU clean if I dump immediately after every load. About every battery change while the stem is still hot I take a q tip and blow out while swabbing at the same time. This greatly reduces cleaning time for me.

This vape is the one I'm reaching for quite a bit from an MV1 (once mastered an amazing vape) and also over my mighty.

I'll be looking for accessories soon. I really want a spill proof mini bubbler I saw someone post on here a while ago but don't know where to find it. Looks like it inserts directly into the TM and not attached though glass connection. If someone has one and knows where it can be ordered please give us an update.

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.

I had never bought a duplicate, either. This was also my most expensive purchase. I regret nothing. /coaxing

Djsleepy

Well I got a hold of David and after explaining What happened to button a few times( he thought button came thru front, I believe there is a language barrier) he got it and said he would send some labels. I asked him whether my heavy usage / heat could be part of problem .....so far nothing. I’m super bummed I wanted to order my second one but cAnt get an answer whether my usage is a problem or not. So if it is a communication problem I’m not sure what can be done, ugh!

Djsleepy,

Kaptan

Well I got a hold of David and after explaining What happened to button a few times( he thought button came thru front, I believe there is a language barrier) he got it and said he would send some labels. I asked him whether my heavy usage / heat could be part of problem .....so far nothing. I’m super bummed I wanted to order my second one but cAnt get an answer whether my usage is a problem or not. So if it is a communication problem I’m not sure what can be done, ugh!
I don’t think your damaged unit was caused by frequent usage, but rather a defect in that part on your unit. On occasion, I have gone through about 16 stems a day and usually average about 12 a day for the past 6 months. The only issue I have found with my unit was inconsistent heat, which was remedied by bending the metal band under the metal top plate so that it was touching the plate and not the wood body beneath. Hopefully, you receive a replacement unit quickly.

Djsleepy

I don’t think your damaged unit was caused by frequent usage, but rather a defect in that part on your unit. On occasion, I have gone through about 16 stems a day and usually average about 12 a day for the past 6 months. The only issue I have found with my unit was inconsistent heat, which was remedied by bending the metal band under the metal top plate so that it was touching the plate and not the wood body beneath. Hopefully, you receive a replacement unit quickly.
Hehehe I do double the amount of stems plus a day, and do back to back to back and noticed that there is a gap in front of button which makes wonder if heat Is softening solder and pushing button when unit warm/hot Could weaken the part, that’s why I say my usage.
Another part of this is if you open her up you can See there is nothing that stops button from pushing in too far, if you do Push in too far There are only four legs that attAch at front and back of power switch , imo it needs something to stop button from going all the way in or a bracket for the power switch
I’m not sure now about a second unit.

Last edited:
Djsleepy,
  • Sad
Reactions: arb

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Hehehe I do double the amount of stems plus a day, and do back to back to back and noticed that there is a gap in front of button which makes wonder if heat Is softening solder and pushing button when unit warm/hot Could weaken the part, that’s why I say my usage.
You mean like a slight gap in the wood? That'd be quite normal. But for me that part never gets hot anyway, even in session mode it's rather the top of the device that gets hot (or very warm).

I rewatched Sneaky Petes TM review where he mentioned the button to be sometimes „spongy“ and needing a certain angle to be pressed right, which I can not confirm at all (I have a „1st gen“ model), for me the button (while slightly loose) is clicky and sits firmly in its position. Wonder if that's something they changed or if that's just a manufacturing error in some devices.

Siebter,

Djsleepy

You mean like a slight gap in the wood? That'd be quite normal. But for me that part never gets hot anyway, even in session mode it's rather the top of the device that gets hot (or very warm).

I rewatched Sneaky Petes TM review where he mentioned the button to be sometimes „spongy“ and needing a certain angle to be pressed right, which I can not confirm at all (I have a „1st gen“ model), for me the button (while slightly loose) is clicky and sits firmly in its position. Wonder if that's something they changed or if that's just a manufacturing error in some devices.
The gap is from the front of the wood to the circuit board , my thing is with running it 16 hrs day back to back to back could that ambient heat soften the solder so when I push on button it gives until posts break from board, there is only two of us so far with the issue , that person has had unit since June whereas mine was just a week. We both agree a few heavy pushes might have occurred which could have lead to failure. Definitely treat button with ease as others have said !

Djsleepy,
Reactions: Siebter

Djsleepy

Just ordered a TM. Hoping he has made some improvements with the button....
Mines only a week old and he hasn’t got mine back yet so I would say no to improvements just be careful push lightly and slowly you should be good. People on thread have found you don’t have to rapid hit buttons in a row to turn on. Hope it helps.

Djsleepy,
Reactions: Siebter
Top Bottom