TinyMight / TM 2

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Argh, sarcasm! :-)

I never combusted with my TM, never even came close beside a bit of charring on the very top of the load at 10 maybe, that's why I'm not sure that this behavior is caused by a fine grind and tight pack (again: at 7). But yeah, these are only my experiences, I have no experience with for example using it with a rig. Anyway.

---

Yesterday I came across a nice indicator for when it's time to clean the cooling unit: I was drawing a bit harder than usual and made the cooling unit *and* the flower move halfway upwards inside the stem due to the amount of residue collected. That was super intriguing. :-)

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
In other news, I got some new VTC6 cells this week and they outperform the fairly new LG HG2s I use once the included battery is drained. I think the flavor is better and I'm getting more full extraction from 4 to 6 or 7 on the dial.

Gonna reserve these new VTC6s for the TM and my Milaanas and save the HG2s for my two cell Splinter mods where the sagging cell effect is less noticeable.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
The advantages are, and this is their claims, not really mine, but I do think it works :doh: are that it cleans, creates better contact and helps maintain those contacts. It's lighter fluid and who knows what oils or such. But it basically cleans just like iso with just a slight oily residue after. I bought it to try and bring a dying GH back to life and now use it once and a while because I have it.
You’re referring to Deoxit (or similar), correct? I use that on my Hopper (OG and eventually on my new IO) and it seems to work. I’ve only applied the pen to the TM battery cover contact and used ISO sparingly for everything else. The only thing hard to clean is the positive battery contact at the bottom of the battery channel (I should’ve done it when I had it disassembled troubleshooting the haptic motor). I’ve been using ISO for everything else including stem & cooling unit.

And oh yeah I just used a new strain for the first time (Berry White) with my TM just now and the flavor and effect are amazing. Every single time :D :peace:

Djsleepy

What size torx wrench will I need to breakdown / clean? Want to make sure I have one, TIA

Djsleepy,

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
I am unable to open a return on the site since I did not have an account when I ordered. I am just emailing him every week. Hope he reads it
You still would have gotten an email confirming your order, eh? In that there should be a hyperlink to view your order -
"To view your order click on the link below:"
Click on that, then when the page loads (account login) register as a new customer. Logic would suggest that doing so would tie your order to a newly created account. Have you tried this?

WisePenny,

eliaz

You still would have gotten an email confirming your order, eh? In that there should be a hyperlink to view your order -
"To view your order click on the link below:"
Click on that, then when the page loads (account login) register as a new customer. Logic would suggest that doing so would tie your order to a newly created account. Have you tried this?

Hmm I guess not, I just went and checked my confirmation email but there is no such link to click and view the other. It's just a receipt with my order number and other details.

doubledown

Well shit. Stripped out the battery cap threads on both pieces (cap and top of TM). Anyone done this before or know of a fix? Such a beautiful vape that worked so well. To me that metal on metal cap has been the only fiddley thing about it. Now this. Is it possible to buy a new top piece and swap them out? Thanks gang, kinda devastated about losing my favorite vape.

Lessaker

Hey friends, I have a submission for weirdest issue yet. My TM stopped producing vapor and instead makes lightly toasted magnetic weed. It's REALLY weird. The light and vibration motor works, it turns on properly and hums like usual. The mouthpiece heats up the same way I'm used to, and the battery gets drained like normal. But I barely get any vapor. The weed comes out a little toasted, but I only get a few small puffs, even if I rip it as hard as I can.

The weirdest thing is my weed comes out with static charge. I've never seen anything like it. It sticks to the glass, the aluminum tubing, even my finger if I touch it. It's so strange, I'm stumped.

The heater is definitely working, because I do get a small amount of vapor, and the cooling unit heats up. I'm using stock everything, and I get the same problem with 3 different batteries. I have tried cleaning everything, which didn't change anything. I disassembled the TM to clean the battery contacts and to inspect everything, and it looked normal. Does anyone here have any ideas?

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Lessaker – That is something else. It's also weird that the herb actually looks nicely toasted. Do you do anything that could cause static electricity (not even sure if that applies here...), like twisting the stem or stuff?

Well shit. Stripped out the battery cap threads on both pieces (cap and top of TM). Anyone done this before or know of a fix? Such a beautiful vape that worked so well. To me that metal on metal cap has been the only fiddley thing about it. Now this. Is it possible to buy a new top piece and swap them out? Thanks gang, kinda devastated about losing my favorite vape.

Unless someone else chimes in, I don't see a quick fix for it. I also think that swapping the top plate should be done by a service, so better ask the company about it.

The trick is to screw the lid counterclockwise until it catches a groove, then screw clockwise. Just saying.

Siebter,
Reactions: Djsleepy

doubledown

@Lessaker – That is something else. It's also weird that the herb actually looks nicely toasted. Do you do anything that could cause static electricity (not even sure if that applies here...), like twisting the stem or stuff?

Unless someone else chimes in, I don't see a quick fix for it. I also think that swapping the top plate should be done by a service, so better ask the company about it.

The trick is to screw the lid counterclockwise until it catches a groove, then screw clockwise. Just saying.
Yeah, I don’t either. Used this thing almost daily for months. Was hosting a cookout last night and was in a rush. Thought I turned it back enough to fall in place and started screwing it in. There’s always a spot on mine where you have to screw in a little harder at the end. Everything felt the same till it didn’t fully seat...I knew immediately it was f’d.
Wrote an email to TM about buying just the top or full service. Going to be a long wait to hear back. Luckily I had the foresight to buy a back up unit that arrived last month, but it still stings. Think I’m going to put a little wax or graphite on those threads on the new one.

Lessaker

No, I insert the stem without twisting, and I don't get any static charge unless I turn it on.

My best guess is there's some short within the heater. My reasoning is that the heater still works, but it's less efficient. Some electricity is being lost somewhere. If electricity flows in loops, it creates a magnetic field. Some of, but not all the electricity might be traveling around the coil via a short somehow, creating a magnetic field. I have no idea if this is accurate at all, or how I could even test it.

I'm very curious to hear what other people think!

Lessaker,
Reactions: Siebter

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
The weirdest thing is my weed comes out with static charge. I've never seen anything like it. It sticks to the glass, the aluminum tubing, even my finger if I touch it. It's so strange, I'm stumped.
I have one of my stems that does that too. Therefore, it is not related to the decrease in performance.
It really is strange and annoying, especially with avb.

Regarding the problem with your TM. It has already been reported that cleaning plates and contacts on the board solves this ... I don't know, try also cleaning the batteries and threads on the battery cover

vaping_ape

Same thing happened to mine, the cap was a little weird coming in and out. I started using a plastic pick but It slowly got worse and I needed metal tools and then it became so bad that it wont screw all the way in or come out. The more I tried the more I stripped it so now my tinymight is stuck with a battery inside that is not fully connected.

The type of material he uses for the cap is wayyy too soft, he needs something more durable. I've been emailing him just about every week to see if I can get a replacement top (offered to pay) or if I should mail the whole thing back to him but I haven't gotten a reply. I am very upset about this, I barely got a month of use from it.

I hope he starts checking his emails soon.

doubledown

Same thing happened to mine, the cap was a little weird coming in and out. I started using a plastic pick but It slowly got worse and I needed metal tools and then it became so bad that it wont screw all the way in or come out. The more I tried the more I stripped it so now my tinymight is stuck with a battery inside that is not fully connected.

The type of material he uses for the cap is wayyy too soft, he needs something more durable. I've been emailing him just about every week to see if I can get a replacement top (offered to pay) or if I should mail the whole thing back to him but I haven't gotten a reply. I am very upset about this, I barely got a month of use from it.

I hope he starts checking his emails soon.
Completely agree about cap material. I treat my TM very gently usually and it has still always worried me a little. I hope he will work with us and sell a replacement top. Looking through the thread at a tear down, seems to be an extremely easy part to replace and would much rather not have to send whole TM back.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Fuck aluminium, 316 makes me happy.

The thing with ss though: it retains heat much better than alu. In session mode the plates can get quite warm, and while I think it's still okay to handle, I think it would become quite hot with ss plates.

I don't see the battery lid to be a huge thing, all it needs is a little practice. Counterclockwise → *click* → clockwise → done.

Djsleepy

The thing with ss though: it retains heat much better than alu. In session mode the plates can get quite warm, and while I think it's still okay to handle, I think it would become quite hot with ss plates.

I don't see the battery lid to be a huge thing, all it needs is a little practice. Counterclockwise → *click* → clockwise → done.
Yeah but what about someone like who may open 10-20 times a day or more....even with treating the threads With some wax, lube,etc. and doing the method above.... how long will mine last ? Two weeks? Lol that’s a problem for me. I imagine he will go with a SS top to rectify problem So it’s done and he can move on, it may have its own set of issues(retaining heat causing issues holding and loss of bud life ) .... ugh .... I’m kinda excited but I’m kinda thinking I’ll go thru my first unit pretty quick and turn out not to be for me which sucks cause I was looking forward to it....
#newunitproblems

Djsleepy,

justcametomind

My plan is never open the battery compartment unless my TM is no longer used on weekly basis. /babysit mode on
I don’t want to buy extra batteries for the time being, considering I don’t plan to vape outdoors at all in the near future, mostly at home, and even then, I think I’ll bring a power bank instead of switching batteries.
Seem to me a lot of issues could be avoided with no unscrewing/messing around with battery pins/compartment and overall by a gentler use, that means imho also not abusing it doing dozens of bowls a day. I remember the early Crafty days and people literally melting their units with back to back bowls and such. This is the same size and faces the same heat dissipation issues as every portable does.
Seems to me the most rational way to use it in order not to rely too much on a underpowered CS.

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Yeah but what about someone like who may open 10-20 times a day or more....even with treating the threads With some wax, lube,etc. and doing the method above.... how long will mine last ? Two weeks?

I have never used any kind of wax and actually do not recommend using such. I have my TM for a little over ten month now, no issues in sight.

Lol that’s a problem for me. I imagine he will go with a SS top to rectify problem So it’s done and he can move on, it may have its own set of issues(retaining heat causing issues holding and loss of bud life )

There's also different electrical properties, weight, costs – to solve what again? :-)

I’m kinda excited but I’m kinda thinking I’ll go thru my first unit pretty quick and turn out not to be for me which sucks cause I was looking forward to it....
#newunitproblems

No. I do not understand how someone would give up on the idea to simply take some time (five minutes?), have a seat and *practice*. Even a child could handle this battery door *with some practice* – and you haven't even had it in your hands yet. C'mon! :-)

Seriously.

Edit:

Seem to me a lot of issues could be avoided with no unscrewing/messing around with battery pins/compartment and overall by a gentler use, that means imho also not abusing it doing dozens of bowls a day.

Sorry, that's just nonsense. The TM is a sturdy device and while it's wise to treat it reasonable, it can handle any amount of bowls you throw at it.

Vaporware

Yeah but what about someone like who may open 10-20 times a day or more....even with treating the threads With some wax, lube,etc. and doing the method above.... how long will mine last ? Two weeks? Lol that’s a problem for me. I imagine he will go with a SS top to rectify problem So it’s done and he can move on, it may have its own set of issues(retaining heat causing issues holding and loss of bud life ) .... ugh .... I’m kinda excited but I’m kinda thinking I’ll go thru my first unit pretty quick and turn out not to be for me which sucks cause I was looking forward to it....
#newunitproblems

If you like it enough you might consider buying a second one and just charging the battery internally while using the other unit instead of always switching batteries.

Vaporware,
Top Bottom