• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TinyMight / TM 2

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Lol y'all rich mofos if you don't stir,I hate how 1/10 of the bowl touching glass is still greenish /yellow vs the brown avb.

I didn't stir first 3 days cuz everyone's like it totally extracts it! No need! You load or hit it wrong!

Stirring gives me 1-2 final rips always, dunno why y'all don't stir, quick search shows the same thing the herb touching glass barely gets vaped cuz the glass is cooling the draw right there.

Simple physics, this thread along with alpine is giving me awkward feelings about fc. Imo both of them were overhyped to the actual product.

Had I seen any review about the awkward compression design of sandwiching all the components via 1 center screw, I would have never bought it, the design of how it assembled (1 screw) poses alot of qc issues. And don't say the last July to Sept orders didn't have any issues, there are over 6 reports now that the heater didn't heatup correctly from brand new (due to bad assembly)

Complete with reports stating he doesn't test them before shipment, don't get me wrong the TM rips but like I said this along with all the other random issues this vape has gets kinda swept under the rug.

For example reddit had a poll going, last night I checked like 50 ppl said I'll buy another TM right now, and 15 said they would never get this device ever again......

Tbvh i didnt even think about stirring because of everything I read on this thread until I received something from sneaky pete and gave it a try:
q4dal6R.jpg

Maybe somebody else should stir as well and see if you can get 1/2 extra hits outta your bowl? Never hurt to try, and Sneakypete is a pretty reputable company giving proper vaping tips imo.

We actually did mention it many times, and that little wispy hit at the end with horrible taste, was not worth it to most of us... To each their own, I am far from rich, but I will grant you that I can be a flavor snob! ;)

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@thunderstealer1337 – I don't see the non-stirring dogma you seem to see; I haven't counted but out of the blue I'd estimate that in this thread there's about a 50:50 ratio of stirrers to non-stirrers. Give or take, I might be wrong, but as @Shit Snacks said, to each their own anyways, I don't consider the TM to be a vape that has to be used in one certain way (which is why I don't quite get the tip by SP to inhale slowly, though that's *possible* too of course [edit: not sure whether those refer to the TM anyway, seems to be more general advice]). And that huge screw right through the device is actually considered to be a cool thing by some of us. I fail to understand how this would be a quality issue but I am not an engineer.

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
@thunderstealer1337 – I don't see the non-stirring dogma you seem to see; I haven't counted but out of the blue I'd estimate that in this thread there's about a 50:50 ratio of stirrers to non-stirrers. Give or take, I might be wrong, but as @Shit Snacks said, to each their own anyways, I don't consider the TM to be a vape that has to be used in one certain way (which is why I don't quite get the tip by SP to inhale slowly, though that's *possible* too of course [edit: not sure whether those refer to the TM anyway, seems to be more general advice]). And that huge screw right through the device is actually considered to be a cool thing by some of us. I fail to understand how this would be a quality issue but I am not an engineer.

That’s just a VERY GENERIC list by Sneaky. General rules that fit a fair amount of vapes, but as anyone that owns a few different devices, and most here do, you learn each one has its own personality and needed techniques to make it perform.

I got the not so subtle hint that those that don’t “stir”, are RICH, since they are not roasting till dark. This is true, I have 3 butlers that are on call 24/7, they do the stirring for me. Seriously, I have no issues nor really care if folks save their stem juice for milk, or conserve their goods for budgetary reasons, or those like Troy the reviewer that turns everything up to #11, dark roast. BUT, then don’t judge others when they decide to cash their bowls! If you can afford a TM, and all the other vape toys, it seems logical you can afford to toss that 2% semi-green herb caught against the glass, but hey, no judgment. You way is the right way, just like mine....

SquirrelMaster

Lol y'all rich mofos if you don't stir,I hate how 1/10 of the bowl touching glass is still greenish /yellow vs the brown avb.

I didn't stir first 3 days cuz everyone's like it totally extracts it! No need! You load or hit it wrong!

Stirring gives me 1-2 final rips always, dunno why y'all don't stir, quick search shows the same thing the herb touching glass barely gets vaped cuz the glass is cooling the draw right there.

Simple physics, this thread along with alpine is giving me awkward feelings about fc. Imo both of them were overhyped to the actual product.

Had I seen any review about the awkward compression design of sandwiching all the components via 1 center screw, I would have never bought it, the design of how it assembled (1 screw) poses alot of qc issues. And don't say the last July to Sept orders didn't have any issues, there are over 6 reports now that the heater didn't heatup correctly from brand new (due to bad assembly)

Complete with reports stating he doesn't test them before shipment, don't get me wrong the TM rips but like I said this along with all the other random issues this vape has gets kinda swept under the rug.

For example reddit had a poll going, last night I checked like 50 ppl said I'll buy another TM right now, and 15 said they would never get this device ever again......

Tbvh i didnt even think about stirring because of everything I read on this thread until I received something from sneaky pete and gave it a try:
q4dal6R.jpg

Maybe somebody else should stir as well and see if you can get 1/2 extra hits outta your bowl? Never hurt to try, and Sneakypete is a pretty reputable company giving proper vaping tips imo.

No need to stir here, at least not with how I've settled into using mine. Space the herb a little from the end of the stem, don't crank (i.e. level 10) the temperature right away, don't pack deeper than the stem is wide and get keep your pack nice and fluffy. When mine first came I was being silly with up to 0.5g~ packed in the long stem and even then with the right temps I could almost get away without stirring but the flavour would suffer a lot so I'd give one or more stirs mid bowl if I wasn't walking the dogs. That's starting on 3-4 and working my way up to 7-8. If you're starting at 10 then your chance of hot spots goes through the roof (at least on my unit) but again spacing the flower works wonders. Play around with different techniques and see what you discover. I spend a lot of time trying to fine tune my technique for each device and I own a few vapes so what may seem natural to me could be really foreign to others. For something that 100% does not need stirring you

There's no vape that will satisfy everyone, which is totally fine. Many love their Solo 2's for example (and I did for the first year I had it) but I find they extract too slowly and have too much draw restriction so mine sits in a drawer. You'll be able to sell your Tinymight quickly if it doesn't fit your needs but I would spend some more time with it first before you dump it.

K.I.S.S. couldn't be better applied than to the Tinymight and it's assembly imo. There is room for improvement, absolutely, but the simplicity of it is great. I know one little vape that's had a ridiculous amount of RMA issues over the years and it's a very complicated device. At least there's the possibility of owners being able to rectify an issue without sending it halfway across the world (in my situation), at least that's how I look at it. Of course there shouldn't be issues in the first place but no device has a 0% failure rate.

How many companies actually test every single device before they send them out? I have no idea but if I do a web search for DOA "insert vape company" I can find user reports for pretty much everyone. I could see batch or random testing but that's not my field of expertise so I could be wrong. The failure rate appears to be extremely low when compared to order numbers.

I'd ere on the side of caution trusting a Reddit poll. For one, most people that are unhappy will voice their opinion where as the opposite is true for those that are satisfied. Also there is no way to verify that anyone voting actually owns the device and whether a single person who is jaded isn't making multiple accounts to slam the product. It happened here. I'm sure a few of the votes are due to owners having issues and not getting a response. If anyone has issues they should trying sending an email every week they're unanswered and throw a PLEASE HELP!! or something in the subject line to grab the attention of whoever reads it. Sometimes you have to keep on companies whether they're a one man show or the most prominent vape manufacturer on the market. A true poll (which will never happen) would be a survey of every owner and that's not going to happen.

That's a great list of tips but remember they're just tips. 2 doesn't necessarily apply to all vapes or flavour chasers, 5 is not low or high enough imo, 6 applies to certain vapes though the speed that qualifies as "slow" is debatable, and 8 definitely does not apply to conduction vapes or a few others. Play around and see what works for you, that's the fun part!

@RustyOldNail
I have one of my butlers take draws for me like my own personal bag vape :brow:.

karec

Got the TM in the beginning of the year, since then i got only 1 combustion event due to be on demand and starting to pull before the buzz and messing up the heater calibration and broke some stems along the way, faulty units can happen and could happen less if the devices were tested before shipping (less than 1 year company and device so yes a lot to improve).
Regarding stirring, i stir to get an extra 2 puffs like @thunderstealer1337 was mentioning on his comment but dont get me wrong we extract 95% of the goodies on the 1st 3 pulls the rest is 5% popcorn taste THC so stirring in fact helps but should not be a "factor" just personal choice (people like to puff untill there is no vapor produced long after any goodies are inside the stem.....its just clouds!)

In the beginning i wasn't impressed with the TM, the buzz around it was great almost too much imo (that increases a lot of our own standards and if you own good devices even more) so i sold my OG IQ to get it, i had to try it to get my own impressions but people were using with higher temps and the AVB wasn't even with a lot of specs of green around and the black circle.... disgusting! With the addition of the @dzoinp Mod (prevent the load to be so close to the heater) and the right temp (for me) of 4,5 / 5 i found my sweet spot, since then everything is smooth :tup:

I agree that if people with a new device that dont work proper and the CS is mehhhh want to stay away but bottom line if the TM works properly there aren't that much of vapes that give the results the TM delivers (desktops included). My advice is (for all vapes) if you can give it a go and then decide.

Cheers
😎

LabPong

q4dal6R.jpg

Ok...first not all vapes extract the same or to the same extent.

Convection usually needs stirring no matter what vape except those with massive heaters (desktop type power) that have the load almost fully exposed with little side wall contact.

Conduction can cook the load easily from inside out.....which is probably what you have been used to I am assuming.

Also, how do you use the TM? With wpa or direct pull stem? That will make a difference as well.

I do not mind stirring as I use a wpa and want the most out of each pull. 3-5 large pulls and I am done with the bowl.

Skinku

I have never stirred, I load it to the same proportions as my Solo stems.
Are people using the supplied domed screens?
It annoyed me to see the green remains, although on debowling it was a very small percentage and as much a visual annoyance, the domed screen seems to help by bringing the load away from the stem and naturally helps to keep the CU clean.
It does restrict the draw but I clean the CU and screen daily.
Just wondering?

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Do you @dzoinp know what page that Mod is on ? I’m looking and cannot find it tia
Unofficially it’s called the @dzoinp heater screen mod. Search for that. I attempted it but fell short when my large clear oring popped out and launched a comedy of errors. All is right again however I never attempted it again (though reserve the right to perhaps retry someday - I think second time will be a charm but I’m not anxious to do it again).

As for stirring, I always turn the stem slightly while mid load between sessions (2-3 draws on a lower temp range, take a break and turn the stem slightly, then finish off the load with another 2-3 draws at a higher temp range - rinse and repeat ;)). Is the flower against the glass lighter? A bit but everything else is well cooked and I seldom stir. The few times I have stirred there’s little left to be extracted. I’ve been loving the shallow dome screens from MistVape as the one in my current stem is placed so well just under the Cooling Unit to hold flower I’m not getting much reclaim on the side of the CU as with other simple dome screens. Perhaps this is a one-off instance but my CU and stem are cleaner this time delaying a bit its eventual cleaning (soon).:peace:

karec

Unofficially it’s called the @dzoinp heater screen mod. Search for that. I attempted it but fell short when my large clear oring popped out and launched a comedy of errors. All is right again however I never attempted it again (though reserve the right to perhaps retry someday - I think second time will be a charm but I’m not anxious to do it again).

That happened to me initially.... If you get the right rimmed screen (needs to be as flat as possible) and properly assemble it won't be easy to accidentally disassemble. Let me explain at 1st i used the ELB top screen from the EVO and tried to assemble with the TM bottom screen, the result was not good since the rim was fatter and i never got the assembly perfect, that cause the screen to pop out and touch the heater causing similar event....

TMmod.jpg

Once i got the proper ones (@dzoinp sent me the link:tup:) never happened again and almost looks its factory made, IMHO its an advantage to have that space from the heater.

Screenshot-2020-04-03-at-13-27-28.png

I pack my stem loosely all the way to the top, the space from the MOD is enough to pack inside, enough to have great air flow, even AVB in the end of the sesh. The space from the heater + temp 4/5 loosely packed the flavour/clouds are great, i can shake/stir without using a pick but really i dont need it, its more to have an extra 2 puffs to satisfy my cloud (not clout) chasing... :rofl:

People just need to tweak the device to get them what they want, to find their sweet spot, thats what its great with the TM. I think its the best device for people coming from combustion, that need the combustion punch and clouds (without the combustion), the TM can get you there if you go high temps easy. If you already a vape enthusiast with some experience and knowledge of using vapes and you chase a balance of flavour and clouds you can go mid temps ☝, or if just want terps & flavour go low temps but off course the clouds will be less.... or start low and go high, whatever makes your experience great!!!
Last thing and probably the most important is what you feed the device, even with different strains i can go up or down to find the best experience for me.

Cheers
😎

Last edited:

thunderstealer1337

Lol fc this is just like alpine thread, ppl is always pushing my opinion is better then yours. Don't look at the full picture with all facts laid out.

FYI I watched vapefiends, sneaky Pete and 420vaoezone reviews last night.

They all say stir

Lol

Y'all arguing with me is comical, cuz this device is poorly engineered yet nobody mentions that at all but keeps touting it works fkn great

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Ya know, I was mostly agreeing with you that stirring can be useful with this vape. SP's card he includes is generic, of course, as he sells many different vapes, most of which do benefit from stirring. But it isn't a necessary thing on the TM as it may be for other vapes. I stir occasionally with it depending on how the ABV looks when I pull the stem out. Most of the time when I am using it on glass the goods are well depleted without a stir.
But you completely lost me with "this device is poorly engineered". I actually laughed out loud when I read it.
If this device is poorly engineered I really look forward to the genius device you are designing because it will surely become the "most desired" vape like the TM has become even though it is "poorly designed". We are always looking for superior design in here...

Aurora

less is more

q4dal6R.jpg

Instead of stirring when using the TM I empty the stem after a session and lightly rub the larger pieces of vaped herb between my fingers which removes the dried, scorched outer material and leaves a smaller green core. I save these small bits of green and then fill the stem when I have gathered enough after a few sessions. This saves time, wear & tear on the O ring.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Lol fc this is just like alpine thread, ppl is always pushing my opinion is better then yours. Don't look at the full picture with all facts laid out.

FYI I watched vapefiends, sneaky Pete and 420vaoezone reviews last night.

They all say stir

Lol

Y'all arguing with me is comical, cuz this device is poorly engineered yet nobody mentions that at all but keeps touting it works fkn great

Um, pretty sure no one said their opinion is better, you posted about having a problem, so we are posting to try to help you find solutions... I don't know what the Alpine thread is, but if you don't like FC why are you here? Did you just want to come here to post negative things in a vacuum?? If you just want to watch reviewers then more power to you, there are plenty of reviewers here who in my opinion are more knowledgeable but to each their own as I said... Your attitude is making it feel like an argument, otherwise I would not say it's an argument at all... And by the way some, like me have a long history with pure convection on demand and stirring, it is liberating to have a vape like the tinymight where stirring is not a necessity thanks to the effective temp regulation, depending on how you use it at least.

L9lli

I am here to restore a bit of the bad face I've shown of TM & report that instead I have finally received my deserved refund and not only
the seller told me that shipment was already on the go so I could receive TM aswell the next day by let wait 10 hours another person the carrier since I live far from the old address
already agreed that I may even buy it again insead of return It.... its a PIECE OF ART....
as I was sure this was just a bigger misunderstanding ok the delayed answer but a reasonable person in TM replied afterall
happy purchasing TM and surfing FC thanks for the input givers happy vapin in general and good life
edit: perfect for average & long draws-sessions and from micro/small to big

Ariste

Hi all,

I received my TinyMight and I was extremely impressed. I've been using it for the past week or so with great results, but now the unit isn't functioning properly.

I used the TM last night and it seemed to get way too hot. The herb was combusting at the lowest temperature setting. I turned the unit off and let it cool down overnight.

Now the TinyMight hardly gets warm at setting 10. All haptics and other functions work as expected. I have tried using a new VTC6 battery, but I have the same issue.

Are there any methods to recalibrate the device or must I send it in?

SquirrelMaster

Did anyone ever try doing the screen mod with an RBT screen? Looking back at the mod I forgot how similar (identical even?) the rimmed baskets look.

I rigged one up a little while ago and it was really secure. I tried pushing hard on the basket screen in an attempt to simulate a misaligned stem and I only dented the basket screen, the flat screen never popped out. Everything fit really well but I put it back to stock because I figured I wasn't doing something right.

Tweakz

@thunderstealer1337

my tm has been shining so far for 7+ months . first I used stock long stem for about a couple of months and with a large load I stir, then when tm released the original wpa 3in1, I have been using only this method for several months and never stir. moreover, I kill the entire bowl in 1.5 hits . abv is a very even dark brown color .
I notice much more positive reviews about tm's work after all

thunderstealer1337

If this device is poorly engineered I really look forward to the genius device you are designing because it will surely become the "most desired" vape like the TM has become even though it is "poorly designed". We are always looking for superior design in here...
First I would have made a attempt to lock the pcb board to the wood/back as a start, 2nd make sure the heating element has a mounting/alignment engagement to the woods body. This is all very simple poke-yoke things you do in manufacturing.

3rd I would redesign that free spinning bracket that holds the glass from the heater and again make this lock/align into the body somehow.

Imo the compression design would work alot better with less variability in the product if he locked/aligned at least 1 part prior to compressing the entire thing.

Also there is so much radial movement from 1 bolt that extends 2-3 inches compressing 2 plates the size of a oblong circle that is not weighted correctly for compression is the main flaw (when you tighten down naturally 1 side will pop up since only 1 side is pushing back with force)

Lastly, you can read about all the different variations of wood that people have seen from their 1st and 2nd or even 3rd units (big/small/ texture etc), since this is the main body that compresses everything, I would implement some kind of liner to sit inside the woods body so the body wood would never give any variation for assembly, which would allow for ease of alignment/assembly as well.

There are now 112 responses to "would you buy the TM again", 43 or 38% responded they would never buy it or would rather wait. I am in that rather wait for v2, this v1 is not very well designed as I simply laid simple design flaws above with like 30 secs of thought. The design of it is great, but implementation is not going to survive for mass production.

Edit: actually gave it like 2 mins of thought, no reason why we cant have a bolt coming in from top plate to help relieve the single 2" long bolt and relieve some of the load when compressing. Or new body to have the draw tube in middle of body and just have 2 bolts either on 1 side giving compression again or 4 bolts 2 on both faces to help secure the body.
@thunderstealer1337
don't waste any more time here. :shrug:
you already managed to repair your paperweight with our help here and now you don't want our advice
sell it ... it will be fast:whip:
lol, im trying to get ppl to see the truth, just like the other thread where everyone says positive things and kinda ignores these major underlying issues, this one is super similiar with:

maker had previous issues from another product line - both closed up shop and left and this is a new venture
customer service is hit/miss
products qc is all over the place/non existent

Its really not for me, its for the next person reading this and thinking should I buy a TM or not. And yes I will probably sell the tinymight once my p80 comes in, this is the 2nd product that FC leads me to believe will be a get it and love/rave about it, but its far from that

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Not sure why I never liked “straw suck” technique for flower loading. But I always look to streamline my vaping from loading to cleaning. Since my TM seems to like the FLUFFY load, as many attest to, I’ve finally come around, at least with this device, to STRAW SUCK. Quick and easy, I just slightly press the load so it’s not at the end of the glass stem, and nothing is falling out. No loading tools etc. I’ve settled on the Jyarz CHICO, glass interior, for my TM material, using BCG Medium plate.

12FF6A5B-6723-4EF2-884C-8E1B4095C4F9.jpeg

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
There are now 112 responses to "would you buy the TM again", 43 or 38% responded they would never buy it or would rather wait.

Dude, are you trying to spread FUD here? :-) This is the poll:

Screenshot_20200912_233613.png

...which shows the vast majority would buy again. It's pretty manipulative to put two answers in one bucket and not mention the third, isn't it? And as @SquirrelMaster pointed out, the informative value of such a poll is pretty limited due to obvious reasons.

PossumMD

Don't suppose anyone knows where the invoice number on a DHL shipping label is? Never used DHL for shipping myself and I can't find it. I'm asking on the off chance I've missed it cos I can't get a reply no matter what I do.

PossumMD,

angular ocelot

im only educated to part three city and guilds mechanical engineering and the branch of engineering i worked in for thirty years was steel fabrication rather than vapes, so im no expert, but i think the tinymight is a great design. i think the manufacturing process could do with some refining but i expect that will happen. the single pin to hold it all together is a great idea.
this unit should win awards for its design.

Top Bottom