TinyMight / TM 2

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Do you all know any differences between the Nitecore Um2 and Nitecore D2?
the Um2 it's usb in...
the D2 plugs in at 220/110v socket (mine stops working after 2 years working fine... but very slow)

Now i have this one: noisy...:( super fast😛

Last edited:

T.Airz

Okay. Thank you, I wouldn't have the issue of not enough and get pushed to next batch?
No one can tell you 100 percent. But the website states **4 weeks estimated delivery** and they update the wait time information daily.

Why does he clean it like this if it isn't necessary though? Why didn't they make it a bit easier to take apart it looks a little fiddly for some people?
It’s really not hard to take apart.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Because that’s WHAT YOU DO, in a “tear down video”, which I assume they did not title it as. If you are considering buying a product, a detailed TEAR DOWN video, can be the most ENLIGHTENING. This one seems to have caused more CONFUSION then it’s goal. However, I enjoyed it as I understood the more info the better, someday you’ll want to get in there, and now you know how, WHEN is up to you and the NEED.

tokenknifeguy

Why does he clean it like this if it isn't necessary though? Why didn't they make it a bit easier to take apart it looks a little fiddly for some people?
The TM is very easy to take a part. Its pretty much 1 screw and unscrewing the battery cap and stem holder. When I first got my TM, I was real worried about the noise of the fire button and how it would rattle. Upon taking it all apart, my worries disappeared, as the there was no way the fire button would fail, at least with normal use, as it is very stout. Then when you compare the TM to other vapes, it is so easy to take it a part, vs all the other vapes. Some you can't even take apart without breaking it, like the tetrax for example (which is very comparable to the TM in quality and effects).

IMO there isn't much about the TM to be 'fiddly' about. Maybe if you take it apart and not put it back together properly, but even then there are only so many ways you can put it back together, so it shouldn't be hard to get it right.

The only negative I can think of is that the bowls are pretty small. I even messaged the maker of the TM and was seeing if he had plans of making a bigger version, which he didn't at this time. I however think it would be a success, just make it a tad bigger overall, with 2 batteries and a bigger bowl, like a 19mm style stem. I even suggested calling it the "Mighty Might", which he liked as a name. His worry was the size of a bigger unit, but people have no problem recommending the Mighty which is pretty big. I think a bigger version for the heavier users would be a smashing hit. Some days I'll change my batteries out 3 times. But that is the only real flaw I see of the TM but that really can't be held against it.

fogbank

Haha totally! Yes I still have my Thermovape T1, I've been meaning to take it out again, I have the power adapter and WPA for it, had its core rebuilt right before the company folded...

Sorry if I'm veering off topic a little, but I still carry my Thermovape T1 in my toiletry bag when I travel, along with power adaptor and wall plug. It is my backup in case my Hopper fails. I check the coils in the T1 before every trip, and they still glow :) I haven't been travelling lately of course.

I'm not sure that I would want to travel with the TinyMight. Mine never actually leave the house. I don't think they're particularly stealthy looking, but they are a pleasure to use.

Stonedbadger

Just wondering if anyone has any mods that increase the airflow, in particular when using the WPA?

Cheers

Stonedbadger,

abcd5432

I thought it was just a learning curve but maybe I'm doing it wrong.

After I hold down the fire button during on demand more, I release. Then, I triple click to turn off. Nothing happens. I do it again and it turns off. It seems I have to do the triple click twice to turn off? I can never hit it and get it to turn off on the first go.

What am I doing wrong? Did I change a setting by accident?

abcd5432,

Sensory Leaf

@abcd5432 - being high sometimes warps time a bit. :-) Seriously, I'm sure it's just that the three clicks have to happen in a pretty narrow timeframe (~1½ secs?), which minimizes the risk of accidentally turning it on or off.

Coming from working in the ecig industry; I fully appreciate the need for the presses to be in quick succession, the last thing you want is a device inadvertently turning on...

BUT... Alot of people have difficulty, pressing the button in quick succession. I believe industry wide (both this space, and the ecig space) manufacturers definitely should examine that aspect of user interface, in order to make their devices more accessible.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...

After I hold down the fire button during on demand more, I release. Then, I triple click to turn off. Nothing happens. I do it again and it turns off. It seems I have to do the triple click twice to turn off? I can never hit it and get it to turn off on the first go.

Also pay attention to the light. That should help. Just a short learning curve and if I could master it (which I have) after an initial few days, anyone can. It’s really simple. Then again the Tinymight is simply awesome.

Mine seldom leaves the house too but has gone on a hike or two. I have a homemade case for it made by my buddy @VapeKnight and it’s already showing wear and tear - because I use the TM so much :). I did take it a for short car ride this morning and that was fun. Just remember to preset the temp and it’s simple too with one-handed operation - and lovely clouds out the sunroof :). :peace:

scooterboy

Muppet, not moped.

Many of us have the same problem. My solution: abandon the idea of "3 rapid clicks to shut it off", and instead adopt this: "click rapidly until it shuts off".

It truly works every single time. :)

abcd5432

Many of us have the same problem. My solution: abandon the idea of "3 rapid clicks to shut it off", and instead adopt this: "click rapidly until it shuts off".

It truly works every single time. :)
It's actually very precise though. It's triple click twice to turn off for me.

@abcd5432 - being high sometimes warps time a bit. :-) Seriously, I'm sure it's just that the three clicks have to happen in a pretty narrow timeframe (~1½ secs?), which minimizes the risk of accidentally turning it on or off.
I mean I can't get it to turn off when I'm actively trying on the first triple click after engaging the heater. I tried all last night and I always had to triple click twice to turn off. Once I engage the heater it takes two triple clicks to turn off. If I don't, it's one triple click to turn off. Just seemed so exact, it's weird.

If I don't engage the heater, I can turn if off every time on the first triple click without fail.

abcd5432,

SquirrelMaster

Do you all know any differences between the Nitecore Um2 and Nitecore D2?

I've used Mooch's reviews for all my charger and battery buying.
Mooch's Battery Charger Reviews

You had also asked about dissasembling the cooling unit for cleaning. On @Siebter (iirc) advice I started dumping my assembled cooling units in ISO after removing the o-rings and after a bit of a soak they come out spotless. I previously would disassemble them but there isnt a need except for drying faster after a quick rinse in water.

As @scooterboy says, click it 4 times. I continuously click until it turns on or off. Whenever I pop in a new cell and I'm switching to stealth mode this works the best or it seems (like you're experiencing) to take two sets of 3 clicks.

@habitat-fc Every vape with a bottom screen is going to need to be cleaned at some point in time whether they're removable or not. At least the Tinymight gives us the option and it should not need to be done often unless someone is not tamping and grinding fine. I didn't watch the video but it's very easy in practice.

@tokenknifeguy
If there was a Mightymight you're thinking of it having larger diameter glass stems right? They would definetely need to taper at the mouthpiece imo if they were any wider than they currently are. Double the battery life would be nice but I find it so easy to swap cells. Ah hell who am I kidding I would preorder one now if they were available.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I’m currently still saving for my tinymight and dreaming of the day I own one but in the meantime I have some questions about using the short rbt stem. I have a couple basket screens and I’m wondering just how deep can you place it before stirring becomes a untenable mess and it’s not vaping evenly? Where’s the sweet spot? And do you leave a air gap between the herb and the end of the stem? And along with my basket screens I received a few rimed ones as a bonus from vgoodiez are they any good for smaller loads? Or are they to close to the heater? Should I cut the rims off?
http://instagr.am/p/CCRQJkanBnm/

Bad Dog,

T.Airz

Depends how big how small how you're loading, people have seen success with everything here! Shame the thread is too long to really skim through and see that easily...
Here you go!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I’m currently still saving for my tinymight and dreaming of the day I own one but in the meantime I have some questions about using the short rbt stem. I have a couple basket screens and I’m wondering just how deep can you place it before stirring becomes a untenable mess and it’s not vaping evenly? Where’s the sweet spot? And do you leave a air gap between the herb and the end of the stem? And along with my basket screens I received a few rimed ones as a bonus from vgoodiez are they any good for smaller loads? Or are they to close to the heater? Should I cut the rims off?
http://instagr.am/p/CCRQJkanBnm/

You shouldn't bother doing anything until you actually have the TM to test for how everything works yourself! For what it's worth I never stir, my RBT stem baskets tend to be between your picture, though one I do have right up at the edge, as I've posted before here.

Here you go!
haha thanks, but that doesn't help much unless you're going to read through this thread and copy over every post about loading! :p

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Is there any 3rd party wood casing, like exotic wood? Idk quite how it all dissembles. I have mine on pre order and would like to do some sand inlay, laser, or wood burning on a custom wood piece. If there are none I guess it's a no go because I almost guarantee that would omit any warranty.

iDRINKBLEACH,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is there any 3rd party wood casing, like exotic wood? Idk quite how it all dissembles. I have mine on pre order and would like to do some sand inlay, laser, or wood burning on a custom wood piece. If there are none I guess it's a no go because I almost guarantee that would omit any warranty.

No no nothing like that exists yet, you can absolutely sand and finish yours however you like though, laser engraving or wood burning is fine, I think someone else here may have done that? Shouldn't mess with the warranty if you don't go poking around in the electronics or even unscrew anything... there's no reason to disassemble stuff unless you really need to get into the cracks where the aluminum covers the wood, but if you're really concerned just email them and ask if this would void warranty.

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
No no nothing like that exists yet, you can absolutely sand and finish yours however you like though, laser engraving or wood burning is fine, I think someone else here may have done that? Shouldn't mess with the warranty if you don't go poking around in the electronics or even unscrew anything... there's no reason to disassemble stuff unless you really need to get into the cracks where the aluminum covers the wood, but if you're really concerned just email them and ask if this would void warranty.

It's only a matter of time, with the popularity of this vape that would be a good source of income for a wood worker to add to the invoices. Maybe @Ed's TnT has considered this??? I fricken love burl wood.

SquirrelMaster

It's only a matter of time, with the popularity of this vape that would be a good source of income for a wood worker to add to the invoices. Maybe @Ed's TnT has considered this??? I fricken love burl wood.
I'd like to see a glass lined stem with a wood exterior that tapers at the mouth. It could fit the cooling unit and feel good on the lips though it would get pretty beefy and might look funny. Maybe just straight wood. I'm waiting for @khelek41girl to pump out some nice stems since she has a Tinymight and is an excellent wood worker. I'm with you on a burl wood, they're the cat's pyjamas :lol:.

abcd5432

Very odd @abcd5432 try 4 clicks, see if that's more reliable
I will try 4. I did use session mode and 3 clicks works.

I'm going to start using that mode and see how I like it. It's basically how I was using on demand mode with less clicks.

I just don't want to unnecessarily wear the clicker down.

I got my battery charger. The 500 charge speed is very slow. I'm worried I did some damage these past couple of days charging at 2 amps. Luckily, I have 2 extra batteries I ordered so I know those are fresh. I'll just charge them in there every night. It looks like I shouldn't completely charge though and take out before full charge to prolong life? Just take them out of the charger when they're at 80%-90%?

I still can't believe how powerful this thing is. I did not expect the 6 setting to be stronger than any portable I'd had before.

Edit: 4 works for me consistently. Thanks a lot for that suggestion. Feels more smooth operating now than doing the double triple click.

I think I'll spend the next few days with session only since it's less clicks and see how it goes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom