TinyMight, FF2+, or something else?

JohnJacobs

TinyMight, Firefly2+, or something else?

I’ve been doing some research and narrowed down what I want. I want an on demand, convection, portable vaporizer. I want it to be easy to use, great tasting vapor, non-combusting, and all glass vapor path (for best tasting, cool vapor, and “healthiest” vapor). The TinyMight and Firefly2+ seem to be my main two contenders here. Can anyone with experience with both plus other vaporizers tell me their opinion and why they chose one of these or another as your preference? Thanks!

Also, please only those who have used the firefly2+ I know there’s some hate on it and I understand why but I used to own a regular 2 and I did enjoy it although it has a few drawbacks.

I’d also like to add that I know that the FF2+ doesn’t produce clouds like the TinyMight. However, I’m generally a “take a small hit and see how I feel before taking another” kinda guy. But I’d like the option to be able to do both if something offer that!

JohnJacobs,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I got the FF2+ because I liked the original Firefly and wanted to see if it could be enjoyable to use again... Unfortunately it is nowhere near as effective and consistent, or versatile as the TM... Can get very nice flavor on the first hit, but you always have to stir in the firefly and it sucks doing so, later hits much less enjoyable, and temp control is pretty tedious with the app, not to mention the proprietary batteries... I got this FF for $125 brand new ent exchange and I would not pay a penny more for it, way overpriced for what it is, usefulness wise. The TM is everything I want from a vape (full temp range with the analog dial, swappable standard 18650 batteries, glass stem chamber vapor path fully cleanable, variety of connection options), best to use it with a basket screen in WPA through a nice right angled glass J hook for great vapor quality.

JohnJacobs

I got the FF2+ because I liked the original Firefly and wanted to see if it could be enjoyable to use again... Unfortunately it is nowhere near as effective and consistent, or versatile as the TM... Can get very nice flavor on the first hit, but you always have to stir in the firefly and it sucks doing so, later hits much less enjoyable, and temp control is pretty tedious with the app, not to mention the proprietary batteries... I got this FF for $125 brand new ent exchange and I would not pay a penny more for it, way overpriced for what it is, usefulness wise. The TM is everything I want from a vape (full temp range with the analog dial, swappable standard 18650 batteries, glass stem chamber vapor path fully cleanable, variety of connection options), best to use it with a basket screen in WPA through a nice right angled glass J hook for great vapor quality.
Do you find that you can take small hits from the TM like that first hit off the FF2? I’m a lightweight so a lot of the time I go for smaller hits but don’t mind a cloud every now and again. Also, how is the vapor quality/coolness/flavor/harshness of the TM compared to the FF2?

JohnJacobs,

Shit Snacks

Do you find that you can take small hits from the TM like that first hit off the FF2?

You can take small hits, short hits, but the way to do that is set the temperature very very low, I start as low as possible and move it up for each hit, tiny bit by tiny bit, finishing below level 6. I don't load very large bowls either, and I never stir. You do not sip the same way you do in the FF however you need more of a steady deep breathing in, which you do need with the FF as well, but it is more particular? I usually get vapor on my first hit with FF too though the way I use it

I’m a lightweight so a lot of the time I go for smaller hits but don’t mind a cloud every now and again.

If you don't want clouds, then you're going to want to keep the temperature as low as possible... I mean I get clouds on the low temps with long hits. If you haven't considered it by the way the firewood7 is another great option for this, a bit more hybrid conduction with the convection, ceramic chamber, but very effective with full temp range, FW8 should be out soon!

Also, how is the vapor quality/coolness/flavor/harshness of the TM compared to the FF2?

The vapor quality is fantastic for me, I have not used the stock cooling unit in a long time, like I said I'm using basket screen in WPA through various glass pieces like J hooks dry, I love the versatility and the modularity with the glass stems, there are also more options for glass stems and the cooling unit is quite effective, but there are so many options for cooling and glass stems, with the FF you only have the one option and there's nothing else you can do about it, the vapor path is easy to keep clear and effective, mouthpiece kind of sucks? It is going to depend how you use it, the temperature, the settings, it's possible to have very harsh hits in the FF, it's also possible to keep it very smooth, but it is tough to get full extraction that way, and if you turn it up it is tough to not overcook parts, the TM is much better at this with the basket screen in a glass stem, you just have much more control. There is a reason it is what I reach for most often?

JohnJacobs

You can take small hits, short hits, but the way to do that is set the temperature very very low, I start as low as possible and move it up for each hit, tiny bit by tiny bit, finishing below level 6. I don't load very large bowls either, and I never stir. You do not sip the same way you do in the FF however you need more of a steady deep breathing in, which you do need with the FF as well, but it is more particular? I usually get vapor on my first hit with FF too though the way I use it

If you don't want clouds, then you're going to want to keep the temperature as low as possible... I mean I get clouds on the low temps with long hits. If you haven't considered it by the way the firewood7 is another great option for this, a bit more hybrid conduction with the convection, ceramic chamber, but very effective with full temp range, FW8 should be out soon!

The vapor quality is fantastic for me, I have not used the stock cooling unit in a long time, like I said I'm using basket screen in WPA through various glass pieces like J hooks dry, I love the versatility and the modularity with the glass stems, there are also more options for glass stems and the cooling unit is quite effective, but there are so many options for cooling and glass stems, with the FF you only have the one option and there's nothing else you can do about it, the vapor path is easy to keep clear and effective, mouthpiece kind of sucks? It is going to depend how you use it, the temperature, the settings, it's possible to have very harsh hits in the FF, it's also possible to keep it very smooth, but it is tough to get full extraction that way, and if you turn it up it is tough to not overcook parts, the TM is much better at this with the basket screen in a glass stem, you just have much more control. There is a reason it is what I reach for most often?
Sounds like the TM is the way to go! What are some must haves to order along with it?
1. Have you tried the 3D glass stem?
2. Does the 3-in-1 adapter work just as well as as single adapter? If so, seems silly to not get it as it can be used in about anything
3. Have you tried their glass bubbler?
4. They sell replacement kits. What am I likely to need? The glass pieces and the gasket kit?

Thanks for your time!

Shit Snacks

Sounds like the TM is the way to go! What are some must haves to order along with it?

I always say get both WPA, I mostly use basket screens in backwards RBT stems as 18mm WPA, I recently got a 14mm WPA from Alan@toasty-top, I also have the 3in1 WPA but I don't use it very often, only when I want to try a whole nugs or chunky coarse ground because of its glass honeycomb screen...

1. Have you tried the 3D glass stem?

Yes I have it, it is pretty nice, sort of like having a cooling j-hook in one piece, but it is not quite as effective as a j-hook, right angle curves do more for cooling than spikes in my experience, but it is fun to have to play with for something different... It also uses special narrow rimmed basket screens at the tip so you can't load as much when using it and the upper temps will cook through the load very fast...

2. Does the 3-in-1 adapter work just as well as as single adapter? If so, seems silly to not get it as it can be used in about anything

Not exactly anything, some times when you have a multi-adapter like that, it does not seal as well in each joint, it will work fine in 18 but it will go deeper into the joint, it may not seal properly in all 14mm joints as I have that trouble with some of my multi adapters, and the 10 mm is not very useful for the most part... Again I love this adapter because it has the glass honeycomb screen, which is fun to try with whole nugs and chunky grind, but it is a different type of experience so it is not my main go-to at all, much better to just use plain basket screens inside the other WPA, even if it means getting an additional separate adapter to use the 18 mm with a 14 mm piece in my opinion

3. Have you tried their glass bubbler?

I have not, they did not offer it when I got my last, second TM, last year. There are reviews on it in the TM thread though if you search, some positive some negative, depends what you are looking for exactly, I think it could be cool to have it be like an all-in-one type thing, but that also could be inconvenient, it has the plug so you can flip it to load and unload supposedly easily which I think is cool, though it may not work that well for everyone? Despite the drawbacks of having to use an adapter and a separate piece, I kind of like that practically.

4. They sell replacement kits. What am I likely to need? The glass pieces and the gasket kit?

Thanks for your time!

We often recommend the o-ring replacements, glass stem replacements can be useful if you think you're going to break them and will use them a lot, if you think you will use the cooling unit a lot you may want to get a spare so there's always a clean one ready to go without any downtime, but there are a lot of different mouthpiece options and ways to make your own cooling stems, aftermarket cooling stems... I have not needed any of those spares though myself, so need is relative haha

I think you should just check the TM thread, skim backwards from the end, these kind of questions are asked very often :tup:

JohnJacobs

I always say get both WPA, I mostly use basket screens in backwards RBT stems as 18mm WPA, I recently got a 14mm WPA from Alan@toasty-top, I also have the 3in1 WPA but I don't use it very often, only when I want to try a whole nugs or chunky coarse ground because of its glass honeycomb screen...

Yes I have it, it is pretty nice, sort of like having a cooling j-hook in one piece, but it is not quite as effective as a j-hook, right angle curves do more for cooling than spikes in my experience, but it is fun to have to play with for something different... It also uses special narrow rimmed basket screens at the tip so you can't load as much when using it and the upper temps will cook through the load very fast...

Not exactly anything, some times when you have a multi-adapter like that, it does not seal as well in each joint, it will work fine in 18 but it will go deeper into the joint, it may not seal properly in all 14mm joints as I have that trouble with some of my multi adapters, and the 10 mm is not very useful for the most part... Again I love this adapter because it has the glass honeycomb screen, which is fun to try with whole nugs and chunky grind, but it is a different type of experience so it is not my main go-to at all, much better to just use plain basket screens inside the other WPA, even if it means getting an additional separate adapter to use the 18 mm with a 14 mm piece in my opinion

I have not, they did not offer it when I got my last, second TM, last year. There are reviews on it in the TM thread though if you search, some positive some negative, depends what you are looking for exactly, I think it could be cool to have it be like an all-in-one type thing, but that also could be inconvenient, it has the plug so you can flip it to load and unload supposedly easily which I think is cool, though it may not work that well for everyone? Despite the drawbacks of having to use an adapter and a separate piece, I kind of like that practically.

We often recommend the o-ring replacements, glass stem replacements can be useful if you think you're going to break them and will use them a lot, if you think you will use the cooling unit a lot you may want to get a spare so there's always a clean one ready to go without any downtime, but there are a lot of different mouthpiece options and ways to make your own cooling stems, aftermarket cooling stems... I have not needed any of those spares though myself, so need is relative haha

I think you should just check the TM thread, skim backwards from the end, these kind of questions are asked very often :tup:
You’re awesome. Gonna go check out the thread. Many thanks!

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
Just wanted to chime in to agree with SS here. I had the FF2+ before the TM. Suffice it to say that I wasn't satisfied, which is why I kept looking, until I found the TM, and haven't looked back since.

I didn't like the amount of stirring required with the FF2+ (and each time you have to open and stir, it adds to the smell - something to note if you are trying to keep your vaping low-odour), didn't like the nummber of button pushes to check or switch temp (without the app), didn't like the draw length to get a good hit. More of learning curve to getting a good hit than the TM has. That said - it had good flavour and works well when you are dialed in.

Shit Snacks

Tafee bowle is very nice for small hits. There is no vape as fast as the bowle. Perfect for fast tasty microdosed Hits. TM better If glass and adaption is preferred

I would have suggested the TB as well, but they specifically wanted a mobile portable and excellent flavor, TB is not at all a mobile portable, on top of poor battery life the form factor prevents that too, while the lowest setting is only 360F so along with its vapor path it is far from a flavor champion imo

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

JohnJacobs

I would have suggested the TB as well, but they specifically wanted a mobile portable and excellent flavor, TB is not at all a mobile portable, on top of poor battery life the form factor prevents that too, while the lowest setting is only 360F so along with its vapor path it is far from a flavor champion imo
I’m still working my way through the thread but on TM is vapor passing through the circuit board on the vapor path still a concern? I’m really wanting a clean all glass vapor path for healthy vapor.

JohnJacobs,

GoldenBud

I’m still working my way through the thread but on TM is vapor passing through the circuit board on the vapor path still a concern? I’m really wanting a clean all glass vapor path for healthy vapor.
it's the Solo II, the TM brings clean vapor

GoldenBud,

Shit Snacks

Yeah the vapor path is only the stem, but the air path is not through the circuits either, I think (maybe in the earlier models) there was open seam where it wasn't fully isolated in theory, but the air wouldn't flow that way so it's not a concern with it on the bottom that way imo And as I said it makes the most sense to start at the end of the thread and work your way backwards btw

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I think (maybe in the earlier models) there was open seam where it wasn't fully isolated in theory
There is a tiny hole below the heater that the stem led shines through. Initially it was going to have a thin piece of paper there but he changed his mind realising that very little, if any, air could get in that way as the intake is much much less restrictive. For the op, the intake runs down from the top between the glass and wood body, then up through the heater.

Top Bottom