Tinymight 2 vs Firewood 8

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

(As a current owner of both a FW7 and TM, I am not seeing much that I like in the FW8 changes. However we will see after we get some early reviews.)

Last edited:

jasp3r

I love that they came out on the same day. Reminds me of this for hip hop fans:

"I'ma drop the album the same day as Kanye/ Just to show the boys the man now like Wanyá"

Now let's get a new lamart vape today and round up the trifecta of top tier portables!

Also will be ordering both when I get the chance. Group E for FW, E for Expert of course

checkyourlibido

They are totally different vapes. I would think if I had no vapes, I would get both. If I had both of the OG vapes, the OG TM and the FW7, I might not get either of the new ones. I'm still not sure.

That being said, the TM has some incremental minor changes, not a total redesign. I see no reason to "upgrade". But I do think the changes might bring some quality of life improvements to some, just not me. Maybe if it had a 21700.

The FW8 has some major changes. I don't love the new stem, I prefer the old one that you could use Dyna stems on etc. I also don't like that the battery has to be sent back to change. I don't like having planned maintenance. Those 2 things might prevent me from getting the FW8. Also, there was no beta, so will the first customers end up being beta testers? I don't think so necessarily, but kinks do sometimes come up.

I was kind of negative. But to be clear, I think both are probably going to be fantastic in their own right. It's just that the FW7 and TM are already such great vapes, that I was looking for more I guess. Either way, evolutionary changes can be great. And I'm thrilled that they are both on the market and the owners care enough to make these mods. Also, what I'm saying is just guesses as I haven't used either of these new vapes. I just don't see that there are huge improvements over the FW7 and OG TM.

OR MAYBE I'M JUST TRYING TO TALK DOWN MY VAS

Last edited:

noobvaperct

They are totally different vapes. I would think if I had no vapes, I would get both. If I had both of the OG vapes, the OG TM and the FW7, I might not get either of the new ones. I'm still not sure.

That being said, the TM has some incremental minor changes, not a total redesign. I see no reason to "upgrade". But I do think the changes might bring some quality of life improvements to some, just not me. Maybe if it had a 21700.

The FW8 has some major changes. I don't love the new stem, I prefer the old one that you could use Dyna stems on etc. I also don't like that the battery has to be sent back to change. I don't like having planned maintenance. Those 2 things might prevent me from getting the FW8. Also, there was no beta, so will the first customers end up being beta testers? I don't think so necessarily, but kinks do sometimes come up.

I was kind of negative. But to be clear, I think both are probably going to be fantastic in their own right. It's just that the FW7 and TM are already such great vapes, that I was looking for more I guess. Either way, evolutionary changes can be great. And I'm thrilled that they are both on the market and the owners care enough to make these mods. Also, what I'm saying is just guesses as I haven't used either of these new vapes. I just don't see that there are huge improvements over the FW7 and OG TM.

OR MAYBE I'M JUST TRYING TO TALK DOWN MY VAS
I don’t think you’re being negative, just being observant and critical which is what consumers should be. Thoughts like yours helps out those who have neither/never used either.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I'm in on the TM2 and out on the FW8.

The new Firewood battery pack is a dealbreaker. I go through 8 to 12 batteries for my TM and FW7 before a round of charging with another dozen in rotation for my Zs. How much are folks gonna be paying for a single FW8 18650 in a wooden enclosure? Bad Idea jeans 👖

Will the new TM have a better battery door?

Kaptan

I'm in on the TM2 and out on the FW8.

The new Firewood battery pack is a dealbreaker. I go through 8 to 12 batteries for my TM and FW7 before a round of charging with another dozen in rotation for my Zs. How much are folks gonna be paying for a single FW8 18650 in a wooden enclosure? Bad Idea jeans 👖

Will the new TM have a better battery door?
I am not a fan of the FW8 battery pack as well, nor do I like the odd mis-matched shape of the unit. Hopefully the performance makes up for these short-comings. The New TM battery closure looks nice, but I’m not a fan of it protruding a half inch from the top plate. IME, I never had any issue with the battery door. The other “upgrades” on the TM2 seem to be very minor and almost unnecessary. If they can cut the on-demand time for the heater to be ready in 1-2 seconds instead of 4-5, that would have been a worthy upgrade!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I am not a fan of the FW8 battery pack as well, nor do I like the odd mis-matched shape of the unit. Hopefully the performance makes up for these short-comings. The New TM battery closure looks nice, but I’m not a fan of it protruding a half inch from the top plate. IME, I never had any issue with the battery door. The other “upgrades” on the TM2 seem to be very minor and almost unnecessary. If they can cut the on-demand time for the heater to be ready in 1-2 seconds instead of 4-5, that would have been a worthy upgrade!
Yeah I just skimmed the vapefiend sneak peak video and I agree: unless heater performance is improved it's mainly just USB-C (and I don't charge in the TM) and the different battery cap (which is fine I guess, but not the upgrade I'd envisioned if it's the same soft aluminum). Neither of those changes are particularly meaningful for my use. Luckily I'm pro backup and have yet to buy a second TM 🤙

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Hmmmmm... I didn't care too much for my tinymight, so not really interested in the 2. The Firewood 8, well I just hate everything about it, the changes I mean. It probably performs great.

So, I'm very happily VAS free with my FW7.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Posting something a little more on topic, I think it comes down to what you like in a vape as to which is “better” op. The tm2 seems like incremental updates to a vape that already had a fantastic reputation in the vapor quality department. It doesn’t seem like anything there is fundamentally changing, it’s just small qol upgrades (the battery cap and usb c which seems totally unnecessary to me, but from the volume here and on Reddit I imagine attracts a lot of people, and a new wood which could be neat).

The fw8 feature wise changes a lot and some of that is controversial, but at its core seems to use the same/a similar hybrid heating technique. No one will really know until folks get their hands on them, but unless you find one set of changes to be a huge turn off I think it’s mostly down to the full convection vs hybrid heater the same as it mostly was between the tm and 7.

attackpoints

I'm in group D for the firewood and I've never been so happy to be so late on a waitlist. The FW8 looks wise doesn't interest me. The capsules don't interest. The battery pack is a negative. Unless the usage differs a lot from the FW7, I'll be sticking with that.

Kind of the same with the TM2. It just doesn't seem like enough of an overhaul to warrant purchasing a new unit. The biggest upgrade is the USB-C port and like others have said, I never charge through the unit. A new wood option sounds neat, but still wouldn't be worth it imo.

noobvaperct

I'm in group D for the firewood and I've never been so happy to be so late on a waitlist. The FW8 looks wise doesn't interest me. The capsules don't interest. The battery pack is a negative. Unless the usage differs a lot from the FW7, I'll be sticking with that.

Kind of the same with the TM2. It just doesn't seem like enough of an overhaul to warrant purchasing a new unit. The biggest upgrade is the USB-C port and like others have said, I never charge through the unit. A new wood option sounds neat, but still wouldn't be worth it imo.
So for those like me who have never used a TM or FW, I know people say they are two different devices, but what is your preferred and why? Is FW more of a session vape? How does flavor compare? I'm a flavor chaser. The battery pack doesn't bother me and neither do the looks. I just want a top tier portable unit so I can use on the go/around the house or laying down.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
So for those like me who have never used a TM or FW, I know people say they are two different devices, but what is your preferred and why? Is FW more of a session vape? How does flavor compare? I'm a flavor chaser. The battery pack doesn't bother me and neither do the looks. I just want a top tier portable unit so I can use on the go/around the house or laying down.
Forgive me for repeating myself everyone: I vote for the Tinymight because it's amazing and you can buy it. The Firewood7 is also great but you can't buy it and won't be able to any time soon, unless your idea of buying a vape is getting into the tenth batch on an epic waitlist and then waiting for who knows how long.

Get an 18mm wpa with no glass honeycomb screen and then order this j-hook two pack from Dhgate for home use:

attackpoints

My preference is for the FW7. It's the first vape I had that I immediately clicked with, coming from a pax 2 and solo 2. It has a simple design, good flavor, and I get the best effects from it. It is more amenable to sessions, which I like, but is incredibly capable at ripping in a single draw at high temps and in its unregulated mode. The hybrid oven makes it pretty easy to combust this way, however. I find it much more portable than the TM. It's slimmer and the retractable stem and overall build feels more solid.

For someone looking between the FW7 and TM right now? TM all day, every day. 1. It's available. 2. It has excellent flavor. You could even argue the flavor is better than the FW, especially if you like convection. It has a session mode, but I practically never use it because the on demand heat up is super fast.

If they were both available, I'd recommend the FW7, especially if it comes with a wpa. It's the only device I have 2 of because after being my daily for almost a year, I can't imagine not having one in my kit. But the FW7 aren't available, so it doesn't feel right to recommend.

If it came between the FW8 and TM2 (just to bring this back to the topic) I would be buying a TM2. The kind of piece meal look of the FW8 turns me off, and it just doesn't seem to have the features I would have liked to see from a new iteration.

This is all before people have tried either one so I'll likely wait to decide for/against either device until I see a performance review.

Edit: I hadn't read the TM thread before posting this, some good insights on the TM2 there right now.

Last edited:

Medivapequeen

Wasn't sure if this thread is still going or more discussion elsewhere? I had an original Tinymight and couldn't get past the hotspotting I'm just wondering which people are leaning towards

Medivapequeen,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Wasn't sure if this thread is still going or more discussion elsewhere? I had an original Tinymight and couldn't get past the hotspotting I'm just wondering which people are leaning towards
Both threads have very happy early adopters. Since both are iterations on the last version, I don't expect to see many complaints. The FW8 had a very minor battery issue that seems to be solved now.

For myself, I saw enough that I didn't want in the FW8 that I skipped it. I was in Group B. I intend to still get a TM2 but I will probably wait for the new woods. I would probably buy both if I did not have the previous version of each.

Edited to add: the new TM2 owners have no complaints about hotspots. I have not had this problem with my original TM, but I have a naturally slow draw.

Zagala

I have a FW7 and a TM 1.5, and after a long long hesitation I eventually jumped in on Thursday night just before going to bed and pre-ordered the TM from the manufacturer’s website. I initially decided that I was not going for either one, but I could not resist the TM2 anymore after reading several times the what has changed, what is new on the product page. It seemed to me that there were more to the TM2 than the ‘minor changes’ initially known and discussed here and on Reddit, and that made me jump in because I think it is somewhat a different and improved inside out device than the TM 1/1.5.

My plan and budget was to get the FW8 for the hybrid heater and the safer battery concept given that the TM is already an excellent vaporizer that I have no complaint with, but I find that I use my FW7 less than my TM and I could not figure out how to get a cheque safely to Marc from Canada. I was on Group C and declined but will definitely try and get one FW8 later. I like, with no preference, both devices’ concept, design and performance. My FW7 is like a luxury vape for me along with my Splinters, and my Mi2, for special occasions and the taste of an excellent hybrid. I look forward to my walnut TM2 in the meantime and it will be a nice addition of my preferred wood. And to each their own, right?

attackpoints

Looking at this thread now, post TM2 launch, seems like the TM2 is a great option and probably the one I'll be going for. If I didn't already have a 1.5, I would have jumped on that immediately...But I'm also tempted to wait for the RED one :D

I went out of town and brought my FW7, after mainly using my new tp80. It's my favorite vape native (no water, no hooks) and the portability of the firewood is tought to beat. I'm just not worried if I drop it which definitely happens when I'm travelling. I really admire the firewoods for being so sturdy.

But going back to a hybrid oven after using only convection for a few weeks. Whew. It's only solidifying the VAS for a tinymight 2. I forgot how the effects of conduction hit 😅

Saw some mention of how the FW8 is more convection like and that interests me, but the capsules and form factor are just not there. So tm2 vs fw8 for me the winner is tm2. Definitely a future purchase.

Sterboi

Anyone with both a fw8 and a tm2? Just curious how these two devices compare. I have neither of their old models, and really like the way the firewood looks. I also think it looks a little sturdier than the tinymight, which is a plus as I'd like to take it in my pocket out and about.

I'm sure they are both amazing devices, but since my group G is looking to be a ways out still, I just figured I'd see if anyone has any firsthand experience with both :)

Top Bottom