Tinymight 18mm adaptor EXTRA STRONG

Marlox

I recently made a new Tinymight-adaptor with extra thick walls and extra short length.

The original 18mm-adaptor from Tinymight is ok, but the angle is not absolutely perfect on mine, it is a bit too long, and as you use it in a bubbler, the cooling-unit is not needed to vaporize.

There is a german company selling such stems in thick and long:
They are called "Normschliff-Kerne" 16x2,5mm (No 9314-19-163150) and are 150mm long. They cost €6,38 each.

First i cut it to length.
It is only around 5mm longer as needed now. I used a Dremel-tool and a diamond cutting-disc. Clamped the glass in my lathe in a 3-jaw-chuck (with rubber-mats to protect the glass from breaking) and then cut it with low speed (around 150rpm) on the chuck with the dremel on medium-speed, dry and free-hand. After cutting, i melted the cut surface with a torch.
(I did it on both tubes, because i will use the cutted part for building an EXTRA STRONG short stem, too)

Because of the thick wall the original cooling-unit will not fit. And the cooling effect isn't needed anyway, as you use the adaptor on a bong or else.
But we need it to form the chamber, so i made a stainless-insert to hold only the screen, but nothing else.
As the idea with the o-rings is working like a charme, i adopted that and turned a fitting screen-insert with 10.8mm OD and two o-ring-nuts.

Here are some pics:
Normkern-geschnitten_2.jpg

I am using it in a small 250ml-SMILE-Bong with disc-percolator-coupling and it's vapor is very gentle/mild, even with very throaty strains.
I am a medical-user and my evening-strain makes me cough without water-filter, even on low temps.

Attachments

• Normkern-geschnitten_3.jpg
    Normkern-geschnitten_3.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Top Bottom