The WISPR vaporizer

fachada

It's a shame they went battery powered for the new WISPR... the butane power was the selling point for me.

Maybe a WISPR 3 with a lower/high temp setting switch and a (even) larger butane tank? Would be a no brainer for me.

Just bought the whispr 2. Too hot for tobacco. Though the hits are tolerable.

Any ideas on tuning it for lower temps?

@karotene The original Iolite heats up to a lower temp. 180-190ºC if I remember right. I think the WISPR is 200-210ºC.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Not a huge fan of black ABV. Otherwise, butane is great. A very sensible energy source.

I could run my WISPR and WISPR II for hours and would never end up with anything near black AVB. . . in both of mine it ends up about the same shade of brown as fresh cigarette tobacco.

Vitolo

Vaporist
From Iolite
Yp0MAs8xrprmlNWZ_uGUeUS5-uGViBe5juecSjf3ZPJPNkGsr2zokYkWFJT6hlkvEZJLkimCFvdyA-WSO9pc2ZJy3iFVXKjs1qmB69FIJYpOXIb-ob0I5Edv14VkHnVc8X3rlGxc8rFz_5frFcRRbYLPvdafniyPwPY=s0-d-e1-ft

Happy Thanksgiving
Enjoy 40% off all our products
Sales starts today the 16th of November and ends on the 26th of November

karotene

Nothing really against the Whispr 2. I'm not selling mine. It just runs a bit too hot with the tobacco for my taste.

Here's an attempt at a color comparison. In reality it looks quite a bit darker but my good camera broke. Someday i'll do a better comparison with all results in one picture. Cheers!
d4tqnm.jpg

karotene,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Try it sometime in the wispr e if the opportunity arises.
It carefully raises the temperature in increments until you shut it down.
A number of tobacco aficionados have claimed great success with the Wisper-E after being disappointed with the WispR

justcametomind

I have a problem with my Wispr2 after long time of no use.
I loaded it full with butane, then I switched it on but it just hisses to death consuming all the butane with no heating to the chamber. It just evaporates butane without heating. :(

justcametomind,

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
I have a problem with my Wispr2 after long time of no use.
I loaded it full with butane, then I switched it on but it just hisses to death consuming all the butane with no heating to the chamber. It just evaporates butane without heating. :(

I have had something similar happen to two of my torch lighters. You could consider contacting Iolite. A quick pass through the FAQ's https://www.iolite.com/wispr_faqs I see mention in Question 12: "Which parts of the WISPR vaporiser are subject to wear and tear?" about some parts needing occasional replacement, including the mesh in the heat pin chamber-
I can't help directly, My Whispr E is still on its way, and the non-butane version.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
IOLITE Christmas Sale 50% Off All Products
mail
Sale on Now!
Prices are reduced throughout the site. 50% off all products featured on www.iolite.com
Sale starts today 21st December 2018 and ends 3rd January 2019.

Due to the factory being closed for the Christmas period orders will be shipped on the 3rd of January 2019.

justcametomind

Seems to me it’s quite safe to say they are out of business. I mailed them after my unit started to malfunction years ago and they never messaged me back. I’m pretty sure the shop was running then.

blackstone

I saw that they employed 76 people, maybe social distancing is making things difficult.
And they may have shifted focus to keeping alive the Portasol sector of their business which produces butane soldering irons and (quite nice looking) torches, they even make butane calf dehorners!
GT220.jpg

I do remember having difficulty contacting them or maybe getting on their newsletter mailing list some time back. Who knows.

Top Bottom