The wand glass broke - superglue?

beatsme

Hey guys,

Awful thing happened to my whip, I was moving my v-tower around, and it slipped out, banged against my desk and broke (the part that sits in the bowl). I was wondering, since I superglued it, would the hot air cause any harmful fumes after it dries? Does superglue vaporize at ~190 C?

Oh and also - what's the most badass whip you've ever seen (links?) and why? I need a replacement :(

beatsme,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Superglue? :uhoh: Big 'no-no' dude.... just get yourself a replacement from any vapor vendor. I might recommend a 2 piece whip.

SpiralArchitect,

mrshock486

Hey man,

sorry about your elbow. I'd probably just put out and buy a replacement elbow adapter(7bucks) and use the same plastic tubing http://www.arizer.com/node/86
You can do that or request a new elbow from Clear dome.

I can't imagine the superglue being a good idea since it's harmful to inhale at room temperature...

mrshock486,

HoneyAir

Breaking my first vape [cheap chinese glass whip vape] despite the precautions I took to not break anything led me to my Purple Days purchase.

I did superglue my whip back together to use while I waited for it to arrive... if anything I learned from it though, its to be as careful as possible to line up the glass perfectly, otherwise the mismatch makes for a real jagged edge.

Superglue dries rapidly when you apply it, that is where it is unsafe to inhale, but once its fully dried I don't really expect any direct harm. All thats left is solid matter, not the chemical that evaporated away.

And yes... my Purple Days... I have knocked it down dozens of times already. I love that it is so klutz proof! :lol:

HoneyAir,

Phaang

Fog Huffer
My friend's glass on his whip has a hairline crack. Does it make sense to apply a torch to it (evenly heating the whole thing) to fuse the glass back together??

Phaang,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
If you have a torch hot enough, it might be possible but I'd order a new wand before experimenting. Let us know how that works out.

SpiralArchitect,

max

Out to lunch
CD is probably the best one to answer that, but my best guess would be no, don't torch it. I don't know what he's got, but if it's standard size heater cover, the SSV wand may well work with it. I know it fits some other popular brands. The diameter of the cover is the deciding factor. They make a great wand, not only thick glass, but screen changing is a lot easier. They're cheap too-standard and hands free.

max,

Phaang

Fog Huffer
He does have an extra whip, so we may try the propane torch technique and see. If it's standard borosilicate (not Pyrex) it should heat up enough to fuse I would think. My biggest concern is uneven heating which could cause thermal stress=more cracking.
I'll let everyone know how it goes...

Phaang,

beatsme

Alright so I ordered a new elbow, got here in record time.

But how can I remove the old one from the whip's hose? It's really wedged in there. I was thinking of boiling it since that might loosen it up?

edit: boiling it worked! the tube turned super flexible: old one slid off, new one slid on. Back in business :X

beatsme,

max

Out to lunch
boiling it worked!
You got it. If you have trouble getting tubing off or putting it on, sticking it in boiling (or very hot) water for 5-10 sec. makes it flexible enough to work with.

max,
Top Bottom