• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Vista Mini E-rig & Vista Mini 2 by X-Vape

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hello, here my review of the Vista Mini… a decent e-rig but not as nice as expected.

pj08ucv2
P1060802.jpg

The unit comes in a very basic package including the unit, one ceramic plate atty, a carb cap, a usb cord, some replacements o-ring and a sort of silicone link to keep the carb cap attached to the unit. But no replacement atty, the unit comes only with one which is not already installed on the unit’s base. There is a keychain dabbing tool too. It’s possible to get a wireless charging base but I didn’t tested it (the base get a cord but you’ll only have to put the unit on the base to charge it).

The unit stand on its own securelly and fits very well in hands, it’s approximatively 13,9cmx4,7cmx4,7cm and it weights 300g. Battery (not replacable) is 2000mah. Although the footprint, with the mp in place, is bigger than its small size let suppose.

P1060800.jpg

The Vista Mini is dismantable, to screw the atty you need to take off the heater cover which is not threaded but use friction. The atty base can be removed too, after you can remove the water tool for cleaning. The water tool is very simple since there is no perc but only a stainless steel tube, it’s nice for cleaning but it doesn’t smooth a lot the vapor imo.

Only one button, 3 press to power it on and after only one to start heating and twice to change heat settings. There is 3 heat settings with different colors white (low), green (medium) and red (high). It’s very easy to see the color since the led enlight the water chamber.

Heating cycle last 20s, you can’t stop it with a single press (like to start heating), you can with 3 press but unit shut down.

At white setting flavor is very pure and last for a lot of hits before to degrade, this is the smoother setting but light clouds.

At green setting flavor remains still very good, clouds but hits are a bit harshes, I use it for very small dab or when the flavor degrades at white setting.

Red setting is a bit too high for my liking although it produces bigger clouds but harsh vapor and overheated taste.

Pro’s :

- the small size and nice design

- the taste

- the incoming cordless charging feature (not tested yet)

- the watertool for cleaning

Con’s :

- no replacable atty

- Atty leaks under the plate (I didn’t dismantle it but can see some reclaim at the bottom pin)

- very simple watertool perc/harsh hits

- not enough heat settings

- carb cap doesn’t provide any restriction and doesn’t work for me, seems very fragile too.

P1060801.jpg

Improvements :

- A better carb cap, maybe one you can stuck in the heater cover’s hole, one which add a true restriction to increase vapor density at lower temp.

- A fully enclosed atty cup (not a plate surrounded with ceramic walls) to avoid bottom leaks and/or a quartz insert (I tried the glass insert which comes with the Fury2 but it doesn’t produce any vapor even at red setting)

- More heat settings or a fully adjustable heat with TC feature (but I’m dreaming here)

- A replacable atty included in the basic package

- Maybe the option to get some different percs you can thread at the bottom of the stainless steel plunger

- A cleaning kit

- some features : adjust hit duration, light on/off, …

- lower pricepoint if not improved .

P1060799.jpg

In conclusion I want to say this e-rig is well designed and produce tasty vapor. I like how you can dismantle things for cleaning but it’s lacking in several aspects which can be solved with a better designed carb cap and atomizer. A step more would be a more versatile unit in term of temperature choice and percolation. Personnaly I will not see myself to use it a lot but I have a large choice in concentrate vaping tools and I’m more inclined to use concentrates without water filtration.

Thanks to X-Vape to gave me the opportunity to test the Mini and sorry if my review is not the best … but honnesty rules !

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I still havent bothered summarizing my short experience with this unit. But i can throw my 2 cents on the atty.
First of all its connector insulation is made of rubber.. I think that for retail price it at least should have been peek.It looked teared from the first sight and began quickly to deteriorate.There are many ceramic donut atomizers on the market that perform infinitely better and some of them are rebuildable like Divine Tribe who are also made in China.
There is spacing between the plate and the walls. So not only oil leaks down and contributes to the quick failure and crappy taste,but also it runns up the walls because they arent heated by the donut. I can easily say that 1/3 of the oil i put rough it ended being under the plate.
Also the plate isnt fixed to the atty.As mentioned mine failed due to shortage of the wire caused by rotation from cleaning. The wires of the donut look like 0.1mm thick.. nowhere near enough to support it.
There is no way of burning the atomizer off the residue on the unit alone.You have to get an extra mod for that which would add further costs.
Also the airpath of vapor comes in contact with the black paint and there is a crappy metal tube which rattles and doesnt seal tightly,and stinks a lot after some use.
The red setting is pretty much useless.. it craps the taste to the extent you have to unscrew the atomizer for cleaning on the mod.
The 510 thread on the atomizer is pretty low quality too , it started leaving metal shavings after few screw/unscrew cycles,i doubt this is stainless steell,it is way too soft and also the wall on the thread is paper thin. As mentioned screwing/unscrewing is mandatory if you wanna have somewhat clean atty..
Batterylife is equal to my 2200 Mah Vision spinner (ego style battery cigarette) with a donut atty. It is enough for more than a few sessions but still nowhere near the cabailities of the 5$ 18650 in a single boxmod with the same donut atty ..
I know it was speculated that this should compete with the puffco peak (which i have never tried) but i can tell from videos it is nowhere near in performance.
I dont know if they had a limited budget ot this one,but it feels unfinished and rushed too early into the market.From what i see it has the same faith as its big brother ..
There still be people who can apperiate it as it is ,but i gotta stretch my stash and also i am very sensitive to reclaim flavour ,which really predominated in the unit only after few uses.
How i see this unit getting improved >?
Reprogram heat settings and change atty to the quartz cup with coil underneath style (longmada quartz motar or the big vista).
Add a burnoff setting and also include at least 5 with the kit so one can even preload them and toss for cleaning after usage.
Probably it would also be a good idea to add a more powerful battery which can handle the burn off cycle and getting more of a instant vapor would require at least 40-50 watts . I doubt the current battery can even handle a burnoff cycle.
If a total redesign is going to happen ,probably adding visability to the heating chamber would very much improve the experience.. watching things bubble and melt is real pleasure. Something like a glass top instead that black metal cover.
iu

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I agree with you @Abysmal Vapor , a bit harsh to only mention the negatives but I understand you since the atty is the heart of the vape!

The big Vista atty was nicer but a bit too small and heat settings too hot, I never tried the Longmade Quartz Motar but will give a look.

Another improvement I was thinking about is to replace the heater cover with a glass one, I have a short glass tube but it's too wide for the Mini. This is will solve the vaporpath issue mentionned in the previous post.

Abysmal Vapor

@PPN Sry but i am trying to emulate the experience as if i have purchased the vape,but not received it for free :))... If i did spent 120$ on it i would have been really pissed,because it performs less than a 10$ donut atty with an ego battery.Just imagine having paid its full price and it fails after a few uses.. or it beggins to have horrifying taste and a ton of residue on it. It feels like it is 1$ atty on a 119$ unit.. which is pretty much useless without it.
I also said some positives on the overall aesthetics and the design.. anyway as mentioned i haven't summarized all my thoughts,but i have gather enough of them for atty itself so i decided to post them.
I mentioned that the atty had somewhat nice taste in the previous pages, but that were just initial impressions + i didnt had other donut attys to compare it to.
What do you think are the postives of the Atomizer itself, cause i see almost none ? The somewhat good taste comes from the set heating levels,which are not bad at all,but this is more an attribute to the guts of the vape ,than to the atomizer.. :))
""honnesty rules"
Well honestly some ,if not half of the customers will be much bigger "negative assholes" than me and will shit all the forums on earth about it ,demand refunds,raise disputes or whatever is their way of steaming off their anger :)). Retailers will take the hit and never again stock it,or demand refunds/replacement from the manufacturers ..
So with all this negativity i am thinking that i am actually saving them a lot of $$$ and worsening of the business relationships.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Not to be sorry at all, I'm not personnaly invested:lol:

I agree with your point of vue but I can see some nice idea in the compact design. When I suggested a whole ceramic atty or a insert they told me this mod will consume too much power with the included battery...

My idea is to enlight both negative and positive to try to get things improved, especially if I can see some improvements.

About the Peak comparison, Peak doesn't seems more than one or two small steps forwards, it's a breakable atty too, 510 connection and much, much higher pricepoint (220€ more if I'm not mistaken!). I don't think they want to build a "Peak-killer" since their target is not the same.

About the Longmada comparison, it's difficult to compare price here since you buy your at wholesale price(or very close) through e-bay/Alibaba/dhgate, how much is the retail price? idk but I bet it's at least in the 40-50€ range and you still need a battery (and a water tool maybe).

Yes, I don't like the Mini like it is but would appreciate it with some improvements. Although, like I mentionned in my suggestions/improvements the pricepoint must to be lowered if they don't plan to improve it a lot. But yes, I would like to see improvements (atty, vaporpath, carbcap, heater cover) cause I can see some potential. Thank you @Abysmal Vapor to notice I forgotten to mention the vaporpath issue!

Abysmal Vapor

@PPN Yep ,imo with the current battery nothing more can be done ,except changing the atty,at least to a non leaking one or rebuildable,so one can dissasemble for cleaning.
I never mentioned the price of the longmada but it can be found as cheap as 8$ and up to 20 euro retail depending on which versione exactly do you want,i suggest to get the giraffe mouthpiece for direct draw :). I dont think that the battery of the mini will be able to power it ,so i posted it just as an idea of how an atty should look :). Forgot to add that the replacement cores are as cheap as 2.50 each ;).
I agree that the price can be decreased ,but i would rather see it upped and have a decent product than paying anything for what it is now.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

I wanna do a quick update on my poor vaporization device. After months of waiting and asking vendors around for months ,finally as i already gave up the search ,someone has replace-able atomizers at stock... and they are 10 euro a piece,which is imo too much for it having in mind the poor performance and short durability... If it wasnt as wasteful on my concentrates probably i would get it running again but at this point i dont see myself doing that.
Anyway if anyone needs this in the EU i will save you the trouble of browsing around.
https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/vista-mini-atomizer
@PPN How is your unit doing ? Did they forsaken this project and left it as it is with no hope of making a better atty ?

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Yes they doesn't seems interested to improve the Mini... they told me a quartz cup is too much for this small battery. Not an interesting device at all, a shame cause the Vista OG was something else.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hello guys, our engineers team is working on the new Vista Mini based on the feedbacks we got after released the first iteration, stay tuned!

My device still get some occasionnals uses, especially when I want a beginner friend to test concentrates (they are not commons where I live and peoples are very curious about dabbing!) without not too much to do or explain than a quick cold load and a short explanation i.e "Press power on, inhale gently until the light turn off"... a lot more easier than to use an e-nail or a concentrate device needing learning curve (but giving amazing superior experience... usually). White level for tasty hits, Green for an average hit and red to get the last bits and cleaning.
Although, like everybody who shared opinions here, I wasn't totally satisfied by the unit and I'm eager to see what our engineers are doing... can't say more for now but more infos will released in that thread in time...

Please mods, is it possible to change that name thread please? "The Vista Mini E-rig by X-Vape" might be better than the actual one, isn't it?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hello guys, our engineers team is working on the new Vista Mini based on the feedbacks we got after released the first iteration, stay tuned!

My device still get some occasionnals uses, especially when I want a beginner friend to test concentrates (they are not commons where I live and peoples are very curious about dabbing!) without not too much to do or explain than a quick cold load and a short explanation i.e "Press power on, inhale gently until the light turn off"... a lot more easier than to use an e-nail or a concentrate device needing learning curve (but giving amazing superior experience... usually). White level for tasty hits, Green for an average hit and red to get the last bits and cleaning.
Although, like everybody who shared opinions here, I wasn't totally satisfied by the unit and I'm eager to see what our engineers are doing... can't say more for now but more infos will released in that thread in time...

Please mods, is it possible to change that name thread please? "The Vista Mini E-rig by X-Vape" might be better than the actual one, isn't it?

Nice, I remember someone reaching out to me about testing a new all quartz vista I think? Then they never sent anything and I never heard anything about it again lol

The original was fun and I passed it on to my brothers who used it quite a bit before it died on them... I'm sure they would love a new version!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Yes it took longer than expected to be finalized... I'm pretty sure it was very close to be ready to ship to testers before that CoronaVirus thing... maybe it will be ready for spring.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
It finally comes to reality! The Vista Mini2 is the last iteration of our Vista e-rig line which started with the big O'brother (Vista OG device), followed by the bad boy (Vista Mini1) and now the young brother (always the one everybody prefer!) comes to fruition in the Vista Mini2. We listen your concerns with the previous version and improved it in several aspects.

What it is? The Vista Mini 2 is an e-rig, a tool to vaporize concentrate under its purest form (wax, oil, shatter, rosin, co2,...) and providing the moisture from a water cooling system to smoothen the vapor.

index.php

How to use it? First step would be to fill the bubbler with water (distilled water is better), 2cm height. After you need to remove the carbcap in order to load your concentrates in the quartz cup atomizer, typical load size is a rice grain sized dab but you can load more if you want although, with concentrates, less is more! Replace the carbcap.

Now you can power the unit on with 3 quick press and choose the heat setting you want, 2 press to change settings (white is 536°F, green is 608°F, blue is 662°F and red is 752°F), I suggest to start with lower setting. One press start a 35s heating cycle, you can shut it off (the heater, not the unit) by another one press if you don't want to inhale for 35s (by the way, there is a short vibration after 10s heating to indicate user that's time to take the hit, pre-heat feature). When you are done with your dab you need swab the quartz cup with a Q-tip, that cleaning procedure is very important in order to keep the atomizer clean... and the taste fresh. For better cleaning you can dip your q-tip in distilled water or iso. If you forget to power off the unit an autoshutoff feature will do it for you!

Here a pic of my personnal unit, I have a few others devices but the Vista Mini 2 took a good place in my usage routine even after a few months of testing. Personnaly I use it with a quartz insert, this is do not allow big dabs but it's easier to clean than the main atty which rest very clean after dozens of dabs and this is allow lower temperatures I enjoy for taste. I use white setting mainly and green rarely, taste is very comparable to the devices using quartz bucket or even to an enail. Cloud sizing is huge and clouds are smooth at white setting, I didn't tried enough others settings to comment but I believe they are harsher, keep it low and enjoy smooth large clouds!

P1080095.jpg

And a look at the details on the base unit...

P1080096.jpg

Here a link to the X-Vape website where it's listed since a few days, price is 159$ but there is actually a 15%off code: xvapeusa.com/product/xvape-vista-mini-2/

Please don't hesitate to post your experience or questions about the Vista Mini 2 e-rig here, thank you for looking!

Last edited by a moderator:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Here some more pictures and a video review by Troy of 420Vapezone!

Vista_Mini_2-22.jpg
Family pic!

Troy 420Vapezone video review of the Vista Mini 2:

And another pics of the details...:

Vista_Mini_2-14.jpg

Thank you for looking!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
It's quiet here... I know there is a lot of e-rigs coming out lately, every brand has its own e-rig design, that's fun to get so much choice. Our e-rig is not the "best in the world" or maybe it doesn't pump out "the best vapor available" but it comes with some interesting features.

It's compact and everything sits tight without any fear to break anything (special carb cap design), it brings a atty (510) using a quartz bucket heated by a pancake coil, 4 heat settings and price is very low (159$ before eventuals discounts).

Here a review from Planetofthevapes: XVAPE Vista Mini 2 Vaporizer Review

Enjoy and feel free to ask me for anything...

Edit: and a pic to illustrate that thread is always a good idea, isn't it?
Vista_Mini_2-22.jpg
X-Vape family pic (Vista Mini 2, Fog, Avant and Aria in the background)

Have Fun!

Last edited:

OyVape

I want the "unique crab cap"!

Is it made out of crabs?

Is it designed for and used by crabs?

Does it have that unmistakable crab flavor?

And most importantly, are they pubic crabs or the kind Known to inhabit the Chesapeake Bay?

Inquiring minds want to know.

they also want to know why the hell proofreaders are out of work....🤪

Abysmal Vapor

The quartz sounds nice,but why is there so much metal around it,it robs the bubbly view ? Does it heat from the sides too ,or is heater positioned at the bottom?
Is the carb cap fixed to the unit ?Not that one really needs to direct airflow in such a small atty,but at least it isnt as easy to break that way conpared to the previous version.
Is the moutpiece 14mm or 19 ? Also what is the airpath ? Does it still go trough a metal downstem into the bubbler ,also does it get in contact with the rubber seal ?

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I am digging the form factor and size. As much as I hate and resist atomizers, this one looks nice! Something I'd keep around for guests and those who don't want their face ripped off.
Thank you for your interest, the idea behind the Vista mini 2 is to offer a small unit without any moving parts you can break, carb cap is tight fit and mouthpiece is securized by a clip.
The quartz sounds nice,but why is there so much metal around it,it robs the bubbly view ? Does it heat from the sides too ,or is heater positioned at the bottom?
Is the carb cap fixed to the unit ?Not that one really needs to direct airflow in such a small atty,but at least it isnt as easy to break that way conpared to the previous version.
Is the moutpiece 14mm or 19 ? Also what is the airpath ? Does it still go trough a metal downstem into the bubbler ,also does it get in contact with the rubber seal ?
Do you means the metal housing kept you away to see the concentrates melting and bubbling? if yes I want to say that's really a connoisseur's issue! With the carb cap in place you can't see the cup so you will not see the wax melting, I understand your concern but it doesn't look like a valid issue imo. Carb Cap is fixed to the main unit if you use the silicone tool to keep it away to fall, although it might be used independantly.
Atomizer consist in a bucket which surrounds a pancake coil, so heat comes from the bottom only.

To be sure to give you a good reply about your questions on the airpath and bubbler I'll reply you tomorrow when I can do that from my home... for now my internet is disabled cause a storm, so I'm posting from a friend's home and my VM2 is at my home so I can't check to reply you...

And sorry about the "Crab cap" thing, some mistake happen and I'll try to fix that with the corrected version I have of this image, can I do that Mod, please? (to replace the pic with the new one with fixed typos issues)

TopGreenRep,

Abysmal Vapor

@TopGreenRep I just thought it is more complicated to make a metal housing and also robs the view,i dont think it is much of an issue,especially if it functions good. I still prefer the way longmada motar heater looks,do you think you can use it in this device ?
Looking forward to hear about airpath.From the looks vapor is in contact with the rubber seal.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: PPN

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The vapor can come in contact with the top-most portion of the silicone seal. Most of the vapor doesn't, as it cascades down the side of the atomizer.

imo, this thing is perfect for the mass market, with its price point and feature set. It misses on a couple things that would make it great for a serious concentrate user. If you like gentler dabs, it's great. The time cycle is around 30 seconds, so there is plenty of time to get high. I usually load it and take two hits during the time cycle.

I tested a shitload of e-rigs over the last four months, and this was my most used, simply for the wireless charging. I never had a dead battery, and it's easy for me to run around the house to deliver dabs. It was my wife's favorite as well, and she isn't looking for monster dabs.

It doesn't have a directional carb cap, and the heat cycles increase when you don't hit it. So if you know what you're doing with dabs, you have an idea of what the shortcomings will produce. For the price and the target market, I think it's a solid buy.

Abysmal Vapor

@stickstones Do you have longmada motar ? If you do could please check if the vista has enough power to run the core.
5ce4caa2c9357e59e8b9b8cb-large.jpg

The core of the crystal looks even better cause it heats from the sides,but it is not 510. Maybe Topgreen will comeup with something similar as a future accessory.
H6e72fdb3572348ca950c440c104b706bw.jpg

Abysmal Vapor,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Thank you @stickstones for the feedback, I agree it's not made for big dabs since the cup's size is pretty small. About the silicone seal I would agree some vapor can comes in contact with but like you specified this is marginal since most of the vapor follow the main flow and will not reach the corners. Very happy to know the Vista Mini 2 is your wife favourite e-rig, that's something to say!

Hi,
@stickstones Do you have longmada motar ? If you do could please check if the vista has enough power to run the core.
5ce4caa2c9357e59e8b9b8cb-large.jpg

The core of the crystal looks even better cause it heats from the sides,but it is not 510. Maybe Topgreen will comeup with something similar as a future accessory.
H6e72fdb3572348ca950c440c104b706bw.jpg
I can't say but since the VM1 was able to run others atty I would say yes for the VM2 too if it's 510 threaded, and since the VM2 doesn't use any TC feature but a sort of refined VW setting system which offers pretty stable temperature there is no issue about to drive others attys in the same manner.
Personnaly I'm pushing the team to offer insert for their atty, for now I'm using mine with a Fury2 insert which fits perfectly and enlarge the atty longlife keeping it sparkly clean.

Have fun!

TopGreenRep,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Important information for all Vista Mini2 owners: Please stop to use your device until we made more light on an issue happened to somebody in our SubReddit (r/XVapeVaporizers), to be short his VM2 atty exploded and shattered the carb cap which was in place, he is safe I think.

At the moment we don't know exactly what happened and how to explain it. As well we don't know if it's a lone issue or something which could happen on every unit, we want to know if it's reproductible also. Or, as well, if it's coming from an user mistake but I can't see how it is possible and this guy seems well experienced with that sort of gear.

I can't say what direction the company will follow, I decided myself to post here to advice everybody here of this problem before to talk with my boss. But she will investigate in order to advices everybody of the cause of this important issue, stay tuned and stay safe, please, stop to use your VM2 until further devellopments.

Top Bottom