• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

MonkeyTime

If the ceramic around the heater is getting hot to the touch, it's working fine most likely (the heater). I think a misaligned heater would give you vapor and a hot spot.

That points towards the nut not being set properly as my first guess. When you seat the nut, mine can rock back and forth just a little bit, but being off just a little can really change the experience. There were photos earlier in the thread pointing at this and what to look for. Some days I can drop in in and it falls into place on its own, others, I have to play for a second to seat it.

The other thing that caught me by surprise at the beginning, is how large of a draw it took to get things moving. It's a time vs strength of draw balance, the longer the draw, the less force it needs to produce vapor, and vice versa.

*Edited to add link to pictures*

check out this post, the first couple of pics show what I would consider an exaggerated situation for the sake of explanation.
Just some visuals for those who are wondering how to properly line up the bowl.
Tipped back
8t20cxbs8sixautq.jpg

Tipped forward
c2s5mr98ksg6ipgy.jpg

Acceptable
mr31n20g6o67dmp2.jpg

...and some pic'ies...
jzat1ar1kor8x5b3.jpg
egwavf1wd828srt9.jpg
7bjmay2vn2tqbt1a.jpg
sjprvztn30gbaq2v.jpg
0x9yz8sn7vu3s9jx.jpg
zw1irn06uqkkwpzm.jpg
8ij4z78s31dt2hgk.jpg
4f2n4q154lpedolg.jpg
zclloxxq08apdh78.jpg
gnccdymyrbwwt9qf.jpg
tnael02hwmsv8sqk.jpg

*In case anyone is interested, the background was one of my kilts, the tartan is "Auld Scotland". I hope a dick shaped vape under a kilt doesn't get lost on anyone. LMFAO

For some reason, when editing the above post, it wouldn't let me add the quoted post.....

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Anyone post pics of how to break this device down or maybe how to fix things if something goes wrong. It seems like a simple device and it would be nice to see some pics. Like removing and replacing parts that can be replaced easily by end users.

The only part is the VVPS, that can be replaced easily by the end users, and that is just unplugging and buying a new one from Amazon... So I'm not sure what kind of pics you have in mind, there's not much to break down here, not much to go wrong or fix...

@MonkeyTime that is just the way the software works unfortunately, I've tried to mention it to mods before, how you are unable to add quotes when editing.. Oh well!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
thanks Guys, that really helped. OK, so th heater position/disposition is normal. the Bowl itself, how hot should it get? what other vapor reducing factors could it be?

The heater ball gets hot hot, like way too hot to leave your hand on it.

The bowl ball gets pretty warm, but not too hot to hold. The area closest to where it meets the heater ball gets pretty hot though.

Biggest thing I think is heatsoak. An hour should be more than enough, at least just to verify if thats the issue or not.

Load size & draw speed I think are the only other 2 real main things. Maybe grind consistency but mine tends to eat up anything I put in it.

If the load is too small the hot air just flies by it - unless the voltage is really cranked which will compensate for that.

Typically I fill the indent where the screen sits but I try not to go above the lip. Usually equal to the lip. running in the high 10's this gets me a pretty solid and consistent result without being too much too fast.

Draw speed, sometimes when I want to take it darker, rather than up the voltage I just slow down my draw speed. This helps get that last bit out for me. Typically for my normal hits I'm doing a medium - medium/fast draw speed at like 10.8v, 5-8 seconds. Somewhere in there.

^^ probably making this sound way more complicated than it is. Really anything should work, its a powerhouse and should handle anything. Of course if the bowl ball isnt seated correctly, the airflow will be all off and it wont work. That's pretty much the last thing... just make sure the ball is seated. Fortunately you can take your time because heat is only applied to the flower when you're inhaling

jbm

Alternatively, if you read the posts around this one, you may be able to do some digging
Mine wasn’t centered; I tried to adjust it and it wouldn’t move. I opened a ticket with AoV and they said that the element does not need to be centered and that it isn’t in most devices. They said it shouldn’t affect performance or function in any way. I left it as is and it’s wooooorking...

Shit Snacks

Oh I don't know if anyone mentioned, the new estimate is end of April early May, for shipping all those pre-orders, that was mentioned in the update email for Collyland btw! They also explained how the glaze varies as the compositions vary because the manufacturer Mayco is actually not that consistent, yeah chemical compounds and whatnot like I had said before, good stuff!

Mine wasn’t centered; I tried to adjust it and it wouldn’t move. I opened a ticket with AoV and they said that the element does not need to be centered and that it isn’t in most devices. They said it shouldn’t affect performance or function in any way. I left it as is and it’s wooooorking...

Yeah, I don’t think the exact position of the heating element matters. I’ve tried moving it around, but it tends to shift a bit depending on how the cable is laying, etc. There is some play to it. I could not detect any change in performance based on adjusting the position of the heating element.

Vapefanatic

Heat soak for at least 45 minutes. Then try again. There is more to the heater than we know. Its a much denser mass than we think. 10 minutes isn't really enough and will not show you the actual performance at that voltage.

Also try drawing faster, harder. Hope this helps.

BestBuds

The Dude
@Vapefanatic Definitely agree a longer heatsoak is needed. 10 minutes is not nearly enough. I allow 30 minutes at the absolute minimum, but I usually end up waiting even longer than that before I take my first hit. Just gotta plan ahead!
Those smart plugs are great for this problem. I am often driving home dreaming of my VB sesh and would have to wait before. Now I turn it on with my phone and it's ready when I get home.

fak

The Dude
Oh I don't know if anyone mentioned, the new estimate is end of April early May, for shipping all those pre-orders, that was mentioned in the update email for Collyland btw! They also explained how the glaze varies as the compositions vary because the manufacturer Mayco is actually not that consistent, yeah chemical compounds and whatnot like I had said before, good stuff!
I hope they don't stop shipping with those cool wooden boxes. One thing about that email, they mentioned Canada as part of the mail ban but to my understanding it only affects 'Murica?

Shit Snacks

I hope they don't stop shipping with those cool wooden boxes. One thing about that email, they mentioned Canada as part of the mail ban but to my understanding it only affects 'Murica?

Yeah I don't know about that, would be a topic for another thread, but I also never got one of these wooden boxes and I don't remember even seeing them before lol

cptofnthng

i spoke with the AoV people and i will send them a Video of the Performance issues. their First guess also went towards the wrong Position of the "eye" (the herb chamber) on the heating part. i'll try again tonight and Report Back. maybe it is a longterm Problem, that more people will have, because i bought a used VB and optically its in perfect shape.

Shit Snacks

i spoke with the AoV people and i will send them a Video of the Performance issues. their First guess also went towards the wrong Position of the "eye" (the herb chamber) on the heating part. i'll try again tonight and Report Back. maybe it is a longterm Problem, that more people will have, because i bought a used VB and optically its in perfect shape.

I don't think so, we don't know how the person you bought it from treated it, sounds like maybe not the best since they didn't clean it well enough before shipping to you... My first one was secondhand, not perfect, but in fine condition to work very very well and convince me to buy more directly!

cptofnthng

so i spoke with AoV directly and after showing them pictures and videos, they said that unfortunately its an old vapbong, not made by them, but made by someone, that doesnt work for them anymore, because of quality issues. he built it 2.5 years ago. so basically its a faulty vape, they dont build it like that anymore. they have been very sweet, but they cant do anything about it. which i understand.
the guy i bought it from claimed he only used it a couple of times, this is where the problem started. well see, if hes willing to take it back. i doubt paypal G&S will do something about it, as their policy on vaporizers would contradict that.
at least it wasnt a user error, that would have been quite stupid with such an easy to use vaporizer. i gotta chalk it up and wait for a real/ actually well made one.

emily

Damn that sucks dude. Would a video of the person hitting it hard and breathing out vapor have told you what you needed to know?

cptofnthng

i dont know where youre going with this. If a video of it performing would have prevented me from buying it? after comparing the vapor from Mine to one of the Videos from here, its quite easy to see the difference.

emily

Thinking about future second hand purchasers. Nice dude there’s the answer right there, thanks for sharing

cptofnthng

right. i also recommended that to AoV, to put up warning on their page for the used vapbong buyers market. but i would imagine that in the US there are very little old vapes of that Type, because they sold them here in germany first and expanded over the years. i also bought it over a german craigslist type, not from reddit or FC.

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
so i spoke with AoV directly and after showing them pictures and videos, they said that unfortunately its an old vapbong, not made by them, but made by someone, that doesnt work for them anymore, because of quality issues. he built it 2.5 years ago. so basically its a faulty vape, they dont build it like that anymore. they have been very sweet, but they cant do anything about it. which i understand.
the guy i bought it from claimed he only used it a couple of times, this is where the problem started. well see, if hes willing to take it back. i doubt paypal G&S will do something about it, as their policy on vaporizers would contradict that.
at least it wasnt a user error, that would have been quite stupid with such an easy to use vaporizer. i gotta chalk it up and wait for a real/ actually well made one.
I think you can file a G and S claim just saying the device you purchased isnot workng. I dont thin you have to tell them what it is. Generally they will tell you to ship it back and provide trackimg. Once you so funds are typically returned. The only thing is you would have to cover the return shipping
With it being am older model. Its very possible its just a coil w a different resistance and my run at a diffrent voltage. From whenYou start it till its warm, how much of a voltagedrop do you see? Try setting at like 13.4 and wait till it drops to 12.4 maybe it will help.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I think you can file a G and S claim just saying the device you purchased isnot workng. I dont thin you have to tell them what it is. Generally they will tell you to ship it back and provide trackimg. Once you so funds are typically returned. The only thing is you would have to cover the return shipping

Tell paypal you bought some ceramic artwork and you were extremely alarmed to see strange wires coming out of it and it smelled funny

cptofnthng

thanks man, ill try that. but i wanted to ask the guy nicely first out of courtesy. maybe AoV also wants it back for their failure exhibit. but thats a bit of daydreaming.

Top Bottom