• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

justcametomind

I have two Vapbong's. My "old" one Orientel Camel - the heater coils are in perfect centered position. My newer Vapbong is the "Obsidian" and the heater coil looks exactly like the one you posted even more off center. They both work great - I don't think it makes any difference if they're not 100 % centered.

I've added a pic @jbm
I had something similar on mine. I poked it using a dabber and centered it. That cylinder with kanthal wire is not embodied in the ceramics, it gets added after baking the vaporizer.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Surprised you were leaving it on at that voltage away from the house! But also surprised you have been leaving the bowl on, one thing to mention, your ball bowl is larger than the standard ones... Yours is that nug shaped one, so it has extra surface area beyond the sphere, perhaps that part stays a little cooler for you to grab it? Someone did do a test, and after a while they did see some vapor leaving it loaded like that, it took a long time but eventually conduction can make its way there? Eh whatever works for you, not a lot of "wrong" you can do here!

That makes sense about the balls larger surface area cause mine is a different shape, I could see that. Perhaps I should lower the voltage while I'm out of the house or something, when something like this is seeing daily use its hard for me to mess with it though, rather just let it ride day to day. Then unplug it if I know I wont be using it for 24 hours or more. So far though no problems! I just make sure nothing flammable is too close to it lol I burnt my arm on it once already cleaning around it, after a few too many bowls! For what its worth I dont make a habit of leaving weed in there for too long, only did that once or twice. Typically the ball is on, but empty

Also out of curiosity I did email Daniel to double check, he said its completely ok to leave it on 24/7 and with the ball in place ( didn't mention material in the bowl vs empty), thats how he uses his, and Donald tested it for 2 years running 24/7 with no issue.

notams

toke down Babylon
Sorry if this is a boring or long post.

I wanted to share the results of a recent experiment. I use my VB dry. I don't like the idea of dusty little irritants on my throat. Usually the water would filter that out.

So, I rigged up a very ghetto 'filter'. I was sorta surprised at how well it worked. I started by getting a brand new screen* and putting it in the down spout. Just drop it in. Then I took a loosely balled up wad of degummed hemp fiber** and put it down the downspout.

* www.pipescreenz.com. 100 screens for about $7, free shipping

** purchased on Etsy. Super cheap - like $10 for a huge wad. I've been using it for over a year to make Dynavap filters. I still have several years' worth left.

This created a little 'filter' that caught a bunch of dusty crap. Here's a pic of what it looked like after about 10 days / 2 ounces of use.

It looks like it's completely clogged. But, It never affected airflow at all as this was just a bit of loose fibers. Honestly, I forgot it was in there. Zero effect on flavor or airflow.

I pulled the gummed up wad out and it looked like this down the spout

Don't know if that pic shows it very well. But no dust made it to the bottom. it kept the junk out. I peaked down the top hole with a flashlight - spotless. Then I took the wad, which now weighed a whole gram, pushed it into a little gummy sticky ball & vaped it.

Tasted exactly like I expected - 'zactly like ass with a whiff of ashtray. So, lots of' 'medicine' in the gummy ball. But, probably best either thrown away or used other than vaping.

So, a cheap (as in pennies) filter to avoid throat and lung irritants that takes seconds to make and install, lasts for a long time, and takes seconds to clean up. I don't see why this wouldn't work with water in the VB. I just prefer to not mess with water at all. Lazy. The device has plenty of mass to absorb heat - add a longer vape path (whip) and I have irritant free organically filtered vapor.

I don't have a ton of experience or comparative data. But, my opinion is that the hemp fiber allows more flavor to pass through than water.

Sorry if I bored you. And I know you're all tired of me beating the drum over and over about whips. I'm just loving the fact that I don't even have to move my head or body to vape. I don't ever have to pick up or move my VB either. It just sits on a low side table next to my recliner and fogs the room. This is lazy man vaping at its best.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
That makes sense about the balls larger surface area cause mine is a different shape, I could see that. Perhaps I should lower the voltage while I'm out of the house or something, when something like this is seeing daily use its hard for me to mess with it though, rather just let it ride day to day. Then unplug it if I know I wont be using it for 24 hours or more. So far though no problems! I just make sure nothing flammable is too close to it lol I burnt my arm on it once already cleaning around it, after a few too many bowls! For what its worth I dont make a habit of leaving weed in there for too long, only did that once or twice. Typically the ball is on, but empty

Also out of curiosity I did email Daniel to double check, he said its completely ok to leave it on 24/7 and with the ball in place ( didn't mention material in the bowl vs empty), thats how he uses his, and Donald tested it for 2 years running 24/7 with no issue.

Yeah that sounds good to me, I would definitely lower the voltage when you're not there though, like there's no reason to keep the coil red hot? 11v is pretty high, I'd say 8 or 9? Eh I don't know just guessing here...

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Yeah that sounds good to me, I would definitely lower the voltage when you're not there though, like there's no reason to keep the coil red hot? 11v is pretty high, I'd say 8 or 9? Eh I don't know just guessing here...

Eventually I'll put it on a smart plug and get it on a schedule, like I know I wont be using it M-F until after 5 or so, so I could just have it come on at 4, and off at midnight or whatever. I do agree that I dont neeeeed to keep the coil that hot all of the time lol

But yeah what it comes down to is being impatient for that full heatsoak. I feel like I'm cheating myself somehow if its not entirely warmed up so I force myself to wait it out at leeeast 30 minutes if not 45 - 1 hour. I know its not necessary but still.

notams

toke down Babylon
I feel like I'm cheating myself somehow if its not entirely warmed up so I force myself to wait it out at leeeast 30 minutes if not 45 - 1 hour. I know its not necessary but still.
I feel the same way. The longest wait is when I turn it DOWN. I never know when it's 'cooled' from 10.5 to 10.3. I just wait an absurd amount of time. Probably completely unnecessary. But, I'm retired - what's my rush?

You said it best, "I know it's not necessary but still".

I believe AoV has stated on multiple occasions and it's been said here several times - leaving it on 24/7 with the filler ball off is fine. No damage will occur and it will be in "ready" mode always.

It's designed very well for "on demand" medical use. There are some nights that I feel decent when I go to bed. So, I turn it off. But, If I feel crappy I just leave it on. Sometimes for 4-5 days at a time. That way, if it's 3:00 AM I can use it with zero wait. My vape station is in the bedroom. I don't want to disturb my sleeping wife. Love the VB. I use it in pitch black - no buttons, switches, lights or noises. Slip out of bed, quietly kill a bowl and slip back under the covers in 5 minutes flat. That wouldn't be possible if it wasn't "ready".

Shit Snacks

Eventually I'll put it on a smart plug and get it on a schedule, like I know I wont be using it M-F until after 5 or so, so I could just have it come on at 4, and off at midnight or whatever. I do agree that I dont neeeeed to keep the coil that hot all of the time lol

But yeah what it comes down to is being impatient for that full heatsoak. I feel like I'm cheating myself somehow if its not entirely warmed up so I force myself to wait it out at leeeast 30 minutes if not 45 - 1 hour. I know its not necessary but still.

Haha yeah but this is wherein the benefit of having so many other vapes comes, I can do a bowl in my Tafée, Tinymight, Firewood7, or Splinter, while I wait for plum jelly to heat up!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I feel the same way. The longest wait is when I turn it DOWN. I never know when it's 'cooled' from 10.5 to 10.3. I just wait an absurd amount of time. Probably completely unnecessary. But, I'm retired - what's my rush?

You said it best, "I know it's not necessary but still".

I believe AoV has stated on multiple occasions and it's been said here several times - leaving it on 24/7 with the filler ball off is fine. No damage will occur and it will be in "ready" mode always.

It's designed very well for "on demand" medical use. There are some nights that I feel decent when I go to bed. So, I turn it off. But, If I feel crappy I just leave it on. Sometimes for 4-5 days at a time. That way, if it's 3:00 AM I can use it with zero wait. My vape station is in the bedroom. I don't want to disturb my sleeping wife. Love the VB. I use it in pitch black - no buttons, switches, lights or noises. Slip out of bed, quietly kill a bowl and slip back under the covers in 5 minutes flat. That wouldn't be possible if it wasn't "ready".

I haven't worked my way back down yet, have only been going up so far. I do have that problem with my log though, I will turn that down and its like ok its been a full minute is it ready yet?

Having the power on tap for these awesome pulls at any given time is too tempting to pass up, I think. A lot of flower, a little bit of flower, medium amount, ground, little nugs, doesnt really matter. It does it all.

Haha yeah but this is wherein the benefit of having so many other vapes comes, I can do a bowl in my Tafée, Tinymight, Firewood7, or Splinter, while I wait for plum jelly to heat up!

Hahah usually when I'm honeymooning I dont even want to look at other vapes! Honestly they've been shelved except for a friends using one, took my FW to walk the dog once (altho mostly been hitting the OAB before that now), and I think thats it. Gotta maximize my time getting to know my friend Hugo lol. Eventually I'm sure I'll end up doing it more like you but for now its like every time I wanna vape I'm going for the OAB, I cant help myself. I get cranky if its not warm, ready, and waiting for me at all times :brow: I never know when I may get the urge.

MonkeyTime

Ha! While I agree about the other vapes, in fact it's been my time to pull older, less used ones out..... All of mine that have analog power switches or need warm up are on smart plugs! VB, Evo, Ditainium....... Especially the Evo with it's timeout! Technology for the win

SonicBacon

Just wanted to chime in and say that I leave my ball in place all the time on the VB. Only the first 1/4” of the ball side that touches the heater is ever too hot to handle comfortably. The rest if the ball is just nice and warm, which is lovely on these old hands.

justcametomind

That correct but at night what’s better than a vape capable of narcotic effect/weed naps? It seems it’s either VapBong or Verdamper/Sublimator who are capable of doing the trick.

Shit Snacks

That correct but at night what’s better than a vape capable of narcotic effect/weed naps? It seems it’s either VapBong or Verdamper/Sublimator who are capable of doing the trick.

By that time of night it should already be plenty warm! Perhaps even tuned up if a long night... However I do not use mine every night, I did so more before though, lately been limiting it to a weekend treat, but feeling the urge to make it more regular again! But all I listed get there(ish) too...

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
Regarding the VB and usage, I just had my first moment of concern earlier today as I packed a large-ish bowl to solidify my stone. Just holding my hits in for a little longer than normal has me getting nearly incapacitated. I think It's plenty efficient, but then again with vaping I never feel like I am wasting herb, but my draw to the Vapbong is driving up my tolerance a bit for sure. I like the weekend usage idea. Or I just have to get back into cycling in more CBD. Then we really are talking about nap city. 😴🙏

I have never tried anything stronger than OAB. I’m completely knocked out after a bowl of hybrid vs using Flowerpot, Volcano and many others. Extremely strong.
I agree with you. I don’t want to be comparing vapes, but the OAB blows them out of the water. Well maybe except for my Weedeater. One thing I can say is that OAB does small doses really well. Two different kind of vapes, but great products on their own.

Since, I finally got my hands on one of these, I don’t have a clue what to expect when my Classic order comes in April.

OAB is definitely a chill type of vape. Not much to it and my wife thinks is pretty cool looking.

passenger

is this thing on?
I mainly bought the OAB for being able to vaporize bigger loads of CBD flowers if necessary and it delivers on that very well, especially if using full nugs in it and then break it down which is really easy to do and quite pleasant actually. It's on demand capability helps a lot too with this - mission achieved. I can only imagine how that device would hit if this wasn't CBD. As this handles Microdosing also as good I can completely recommend it. I need a fitting bottlebrush that goes down the arm now. I bought a wooden bowl where the ball can relax in between, not much accessories needed here.
Has Donald or the other AoV shared their preferred Voltages? I am sitting at 9.75 ish and probably could go lower though I think it would only stretch out sessions.

Shit Snacks

is the downstem connected to the heater? looks like it could get pretty hot

That is actually the mouthpiece, the downstem is what goes below the ball bowl herb chamber into the water... I was wondering that as well, but it looks like there's enough distance, the standard vapbong has them connected too though with more room ofcourse...

That is the crocodile cobblestone I think, it's the same one that was in the other video shared previously.

Very nice art piece priced at 359€.

Thats pretty cool, glazed by one of Jaxel's daughters! Much cheaper than the mermaid lol

Top Bottom