Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

I had the same thing happen to a customer of mine. He did the same fix for the same reason. Congrats! I have the wildfire OAB as well!
@1101010100101 Wow, that Wildfire OAB is beautiful! The photos on the website don't do these units justice. I dig the look with the hemp rope too.

Thank you guys! I agree - it looks SO much better in person. Not only the feel of it in your hands, but also the glaze itself has so much more detail & subtle patterns in it - it's truly beautiful. I wasn't sure if wildfire was 100% the glaze I wanted when I originally purchased this, but now I have absolutely 0 regrets! It's such a warm and energetic color, it just makes me happy to see it :)

Wildfire orange color is probably cursed. I have the same color and had the same breakage on the arm while shipping it back, other than the bowl.
english curses GIF

Ahh - no, not a curse! I hope it all works out for u in the end!

Be careful with water freezing inside, the thermal expansion of ice has been known to break some nice rigs.

Yes - I did realize this could happen, and must admit I was pretty scared as soon as I realized it was frozen. It's not something you might always think about, but it's a good warning to anyone else out there in a colder environment. I usually go out there to try not to stink up the house, but I should've realized when I could see my breath alongside vapor on exhales that it was too cold lol - I have a pretty good tolerance to cold temperatures so I didn't think much about it. Luckily I was ok this time - lesson learned! I had a half-full plastic watering can in the same garage, and it's been making some funny sounds. I have a feeling I may have a puddle on the floor once it starts to thaw out lol.

----

One more thing I forgot to mention last night, but wanted to add to the discussion: I was very excited to not need a grinder for this device. The idea of hand shredding my flower sounds awesome to me. In practice, I found that a coarse grind on the BCG produced much more vapor, and a more even extraction than I've gotten from hand shredding. It's possible it's the flower I have, or maybe some other factor, so I'm going to keep trying in the future to compare.

kimura

Yes my favorite technique for grinding the herb is just throwing in a small bud, taking a few hits, and then crushing it with my fingers once dry. Ezpz and works well!

I don't do this every time because it takes a little longer, but I do feel like this is a great way to vape. The best flavors and aromas are on the surface, and they can be obscured through grinding. you still get the deep, full extraction after you crumble. should be able to use this technique with any decent convection vape, but I do find the vapbong lends itself to it especially well :smug:

shopdognyc

...continued

It was pretty acceptable, and definitely strong, but you can see it wasn't perfect. I think I could have just been fine with it like this, or I could've even asked my wife help me find something like matching nail polish or something similar to cover the weld maybe :) Possibly even get some of the same wildfire glaze, but I have no idea how that works, I'm assuming that now there is epoxy you wouldn't want to fire it.

I decided for now I would just wrap the wound with some hemp rope. I think I'll keep my eye out for some nicer type of cord to use in the future, as I kind of like this look, but this was all I had on hand! It feels good!

The OAB really holds up strong in my opinion. As I mentioned before, I've used many different vaporizers in the past and I wouldn't trade this one. I currently have this, a dynavap/woodscents, and a mighty. For me, this one really stands out because of it's form factor, the fact that it's super low maintenance and doesn't need any extra tools or accessories - it really feels like a more traditional and personal way of using cannibis, and it is the ideal "macro-doser" for me. I can currently fully extract a nice size pack that just covers the screen in 1.5 hits :haw:

Sorry again for the long post - but I thought this story was funny. It got really, really cold here the other night. Like -10f outside. My brother in law came to visit, and I was excited to show this to him. I went outside to make sure it was warmed up and it wasn't hitting at all. Like not even pulling _at all_. I said "what?", I checked again and the water literally froze inside of it :uhoh: whoops! I quickly brought it inside and let it thaw. I don't think it had been out there like that too long, but it's kind of scary to me!

PS - Get a smart outlet! I got 4 of these on amazon for pretty cheap and it works great! I have mine set to just turn off every night in case I ever accidentally leave it on. I can also turn it on remotely to start warming up. I never use the dial anymore - just turn it on or off on the app or switch. I also have it hanging from a little hook because it does get hot.

PSS - I have a braided whip and adapter coming from Lamart. I asked for something that matches orange and black, so we'll see!
Was afraid of mine since been sitting on them for sometime, thankfully all seems okay.

You did a great job on that fix. Makes it personally and more effective.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks for letting me know. Heard of them but waaay outside my budget for a grinder
way outside of mine as well, which is something i should consider at three am when im heavily medicated and filling in my card details and dreaming of shiny spinny things that grind the weed by magic.

If it helps you at all, the BCG is well worth it (and has a 10% discount now), aside from looking beautiful and not having threading, there is an amazing innovation for a no jam experience, it has anti-locking teeth that stick out the side of the lid and it literally never jams or locks up, does not need cleaning yet always works like new! I have a regular with fine plate, another regular with medium plate, and I just ordered the new large size with medium plate too... Yes I am insane, but I'm just trying to demonstrate how fantastic of a grinder it is, worth saving up for! I'm thinking I may even get another one in the future, with the coarse plate to try with my vapbongs, though the other plates are plenty versatile for me, get the medium plate if you want just one...

Yeah I handbrake occasionally, but sometimes you do really get better vapor with a proper grinding, it really depends on other variables like the herbs themselves! Just fun to play around with different things, whole nugs and different types of grinds, never a dull moment!

Last edited:

notams

toke down Babylon
@1101010100101 Welcome! I dig the repair job. Well done. I agree with you that the entire VB experience is more personal and imtimate. Especially with hand shredding. I like your term "macro-doser". Perfect description.

I'm in CO also. Yeah, had to move my baby away from the window. In the garage? Dang, that must suck. Sorry, man.

Oh, and plus one on the BCG med plate XL size for VB. I'm hand shredding stickier ickier herb. Then I use the BCG on herb that's a bit more crumbly. Funny, I store them all w/ Boveda 62 but some is just more 'moist'.

@kimura please share more info on your previous post regarding hand shredding. I'm very new at hand shredding and would like more info the pros / cons.

Darr1

I tried some black hash in the VapBong a couple nights ago and what a treat that was. I had forgotten how much I liked hash, the flavour out of the VB was fantastic and I kept getting hit after hit. If you haven’t tried it yet, I highly recommend giving it a toot.
Ahhh sounds good I've got a little bit tucked away somewhere. How did you do it Straight on the screen or on something ? Was it messy (as in screen) ?

kimura

@notams -

if the herb is more on the fluffy side, I drop a small nug into the bowl and give it the slightest squish just so it covers the screen. take a draw or two, then flip the load over and roast the other side. then take it out and break all the calyxes away from the stem, crush them up in my fingers (removing stems), and toss them back in the bowl for the final stage.

it's so easy to do this with the Vapbong because I can just kinda slap the ball against my hand to take out the herb, break it up or whatever, then toss it back in the ball.

with denser herb, I break it up a bit from the start. sometimes a use a metal poker tool to do this so I don't get too much of the goods on my fingers. honestly it does not work as well with dense nugs. I usually grind those

Was afraid of mine since been sitting on them for sometime, thankfully all seems okay.

You did a great job on that fix. Makes it personally and more effective.
Agreed. Adds a definite wabi-sabi aspect to the vape.

Thank you all! I will be using a nicer material once I can find something. I think something near the same hemp color, but with some black mixed in would look nice!

If it helps you at all, the BCG is well worth it (and has a 10% discount now), aside from looking beautiful and not having threading, there is an amazing innovation for a no jam experience, it has anti-locking teeth that stick out the side of the lid and it literally never jams or locks up, does not need cleaning yet always works like new! I have a regular with fine plate, another regular with medium plate, and I just ordered the new large size with medium plate too... Yes I am insane, but I'm just trying to demonstrate how fantastic of a grinder it is, worth saving up for! I'm thinking I may even get another one in the future, with the coarse plate to try with my vapbongs, though the other plates are plenty versatile for me, get the medium plate if you want just one...

Yeah I handbrake occasionally, but sometimes you do really get better vapor with a proper grinding, it really depends on other variables like the herbs themselves! Just fun to play around with different things, whole nugs and different types of grinds, never a dull moment!

+1 for the BCG for me too. I have all 3 plates. I am happy I got all 3, but I feel you could get away with just the medium for the most part. As mentioned above, hand grinding may be preferred for the VB once you get the technique down, and that's the first device that I've found that can really take advantage of the coarse plate. You could likely turn the medium plate upside down to get a pretty decent fine grind if needed. I've had my BCG for ~ 2 years, and it's never faltered even slightly. I've never once thought about cleaning it apart from just brushing out any extra keef to keep a clean palate. Yes, it's pricey, but I like to buy quality products that work well and last a long time - I personally haven't regretted this one slightly.

@1101010100101 Welcome! I dig the repair job. Well done. I agree with you that the entire VB experience is more personal and imtimate. Especially with hand shredding. I like your term "macro-doser". Perfect description.

I'm in CO also. Yeah, had to move my baby away from the window. In the garage? Dang, that must suck. Sorry, man.

Oh, and plus one on the BCG med plate XL size for VB. I'm hand shredding stickier ickier herb. Then I use the BCG on herb that's a bit more crumbly. Funny, I store them all w/ Boveda 62 but some is just more 'moist'.

@kimura please share more info on your previous post regarding hand shredding. I'm very new at hand shredding and would like more info the pros / cons.

The garage isn't too bad! It is my own choice to not use it inside, and I like that I can keep all of my gear in one spot where it isn't bothering anyone. This has been an exceptionally cold couple of weeks this winter, I can't imagine it will last much longer though :) In the summer I have the opposite problem, haha.

@notams -

if the herb is more on the fluffy side, I drop a small nug into the bowl and give it the slightest squish just so it covers the screen. take a draw or two, then flip the load over and roast the other side. then take it out and break all the calyxes away from the stem, crush them up in my fingers (removing stems), and toss them back in the bowl for the final stage.

it's so easy to do this with the Vapbong because I can just kinda slap the ball against my hand to take out the herb, break it up or whatever, then toss it back in the ball.

with denser herb, I break it up a bit from the start. sometimes a use a metal poker tool to do this so I don't get too much of the goods on my fingers. honestly it does not work as well with dense nugs. I usually grind those

Ah - maybe that's why I wasn't getting the best results. My nugs are pretty dense at the moment. I'll keep this in mind.

I'm gonna try to grab a function video this afternoon - I don't think there are enough of those on here yet!

Woodisgood

Can anyone who has tried both speak to how the VB compares to the VB in terms of flavor? I saw Jerry mention on his podcast that the Herbo is tops for flavor: do others feel the same?

Woodisgood,

GoldenBud

Can anyone who has tried both speak to how the VB compares to the VB in terms of flavor? I saw Jerry mention on his podcast that the Herbo is tops for flavor: do others feel the same?
remember that herbo's heater is smaller than the vb . even way smaller once that ball is hot..lol... and ceramic and glass both very inert materials for vaping, their melting point temperature is 1500c~ or even 1700c-2000c , i really doubt you can taste the difference between them

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
remember that herbo's heater is smaller than the vb . even way smaller once that ball is hot..lol... and ceramic and glass both very inert materials for vaping, their melting point temperature is 1500c~ or even 1700c-2000c , i really doubt you can taste the difference between them

The actual heaters aren't ceramic nor glass though, it's titanium versus kanthal.
This subtly affects the electrostatic charge during extraction which affects subsequent deposition effects - ie: perception of flavors and perceived potency.

Vapefanatic

The actual heaters aren't ceramic nor glass though, it's titanium versus kanthal.
This subtly affects the electrostatic charge during extraction which affects subsequent deposition effects - ie: perception of flavors and perceived potency.
What are the difference in flavors and effects according to your observation?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
What are the difference in flavors and effects according to your observation?

One of the big challenges with comparing any of these heavy hitter desktops is actually dialing them in to comparable air temperatures. If you look at the few published resources on terpene extraction when vaporizing cannabis, it doesn't take much to go past the point of terpene degradation, especially when trying to maximize capturing the very early boiling point compounds, which are most easily destroyed from excessive heat. For a more experienced pharmacology perspective you can try searching the phrase "aerosol electrostatic charge" - there are some pretty interesting findings which could be extrapolated to cannabis usage. Some of it is complicated and hard to understand, but I feel it's an underresearched component of vaporization as it focuses on polarity and not just temperature. Polarity is what allows RSO to hit differently from BHO, and since vaporizing dried herb, for all intensive purposes is an oil extraction process, I feel there is overlap here worth spending more time on. One of the first all glass vaporizers, the VHW, has great posts on here describing the important of polarity. I think many dismissed it as "woo-woo" but the reality is the science supports it.

Unfortunately I've not had a chance to use a vapbong yet, so I can't really comment specifically on this machine, and am instead speaking in more of a generality; but I have used vaporizers in the past with coil types of all materials, including kanthal and nichrome. Fun fact: the vapbong heating element itself is essentially, a kiln heater - neat stuff, and very fitting considering the whole thing is hand made pottery.

That said, though all material choices have an effect on the end product, It can be somewhat tricky to compare materials when used in different platforms. You can look to the 510 convection market to see all the different opinions on coil materials types, It's more straight forward to compare materials with a vape like that where the only difference is the coil type so you really only change one variable.

I will say this though - a common thought on this forum is that a material must be so hot that it's nearly melting or vaporizing itself to start affecting flavor. Yet very many people have opinions just between stainless steel versus titanium vapcaps. IMO everything has its own flavor, even if subtle, just like water from three different sources can all have some difference, even if water is "neutral" at face value - in the same way that titanium is also "inert" but many can taste it out.

This was a surprisingly decent rant considering I haven't even indulged in a breakfast barbecue yet! 😁😁

SouthernBear84

I'm a long time lurker and learner here and I want to say thanks to all that have posted and therefore taught me.
The reason I am posting now is that when receiving my new OAB the first thing noticed was how fast the screen clogged. Took it out and it is a much finer weave than the one that came with my VB. That means that it will have to be taken in and out to be cleaned a lot which means it will get bent fast. I also ordered a few screens from AoV and only received one for the price of $1.79. That got me searching for screens online and McMaster-Carr has plenty to choose from. I bought several in different wire gauge and weave in 3/4' diameter I prefer the 100x100 weave. The more open weave ones are stiffer wire and harder to install. Diameter is slightly less than the one from AoV, US vs Eu, but fits nicely. The part number is 9317T136 and $7.89 for a pack of 25. They have multiple offices, do not have minimums and ship fast. Ordered mine 2/16 received 2/17.
Same as most say. No affiliation, I just like and want great product and great service.
This hopefully will help someone. Thanks to all again.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm a long time lurker and learner here and I want to say thanks to all that have posted and therefore taught me.
The reason I am posting now is that when receiving my new OAB the first thing noticed was how fast the screen clogged. Took it out and it is a much finer weave than the one that came with my VB. That means that it will have to be taken in and out to be cleaned a lot which means it will get bent fast. I also ordered a few screens from AoV and only received one for the price of $1.79. That got me searching for screens online and McMaster-Carr has plenty to choose from. I bought several in different wire gauge and weave in 3/4' diameter I prefer the 100x100 weave. The more open weave ones are stiffer wire and harder to install. Diameter is slightly less than the one from AoV, US vs Eu, but fits nicely. The part number is 9317T136 and $7.89 for a pack of 25. They have multiple offices, do not have minimums and ship fast. Ordered mine 2/16 received 2/17.
Same as most say. No affiliation, I just like and want great product and great service.
This hopefully will help someone. Thanks to all again.

Welcome to FC! Nice tips in your first post :cool:

I also have to recommend Delta 3D studios again, their 3/4inch screens are rigid, and seem to be a good balance with coarser mesh, they do not clog very fast on me, so the pack of 25 has been plenty so far!

SouthernBear84

Welcome to FC! Nice tips in your first post :cool:

I also have to recommend Delta 3D studios again, their 3/4inch screens are rigid, and seem to be a good balance with coarser mesh, they do not clog very fast on me, so the pack of 25 has been plenty so far!
Thanks SS. I have used Delta 3D a bunch. I did not think of them and wasn't sure of weave and stiffness. I'm just waiting to see what they are going to come up for my Bowle and TM.

Top Bottom