• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

notams

toke down Babylon
RE: The broken dish. As expected, a simple email and no questions asked - new one on the way. Excellent communication and service from a professional company.

A previous post mentioned that perhaps customs opened, inspected, and repackaged poorly. I suspect that happened. AoV would not have packaged this as poorly as it was. They did nothing wrong and now have the financial burden of paying for someone else's mistakes. Sad. But, happy I'm getting a new dish.

@Jaxel I was teasing you. I know you guys are pros. And I should probably point out that I am a stoned hippie - so, that was not meant negatively.

Ok, well... It's working. Holy crap is it working.

So, I put a bunch of bowls through it. Carb open, closed, stirred, no stirring, used a whip, no whip, remove the bowl, plug the carb, adjust the power - wow! There are endless combinations.

The good news is I'm very familiar with washing it. Bad news, combusted 3 loads. This device is very forgiving. I dialed it in after just one day and can confidently - easy to use and BEST VAPE EVER!

I don't have a ton of experience with other devises. I don't need to. I had a checklist of the items I wanted and this checked off every one of them. The price was not as issue for me personally. But, I can see that being the ONLY reason not to buy this. If one is serious about vaping this is THE vape to own.

Legalize Weed in GERMANY

Drug War Veteran
Ok, well... It's working. Holy crap is it working.

I knew this is the fact that lets you forget the first anger about the broken dish
mood GIF

SquirrelMaster

Many are fine setting the vape at 11.0 and letting it settle at 10.3 but every vape is different. I like(d) cooler temps on the 9 range. And temperature is only one part of the equation. The other part is how fast and deep you inhale. If you inhale fast you can use higher temperatures but if you inhale slowly it’s better to work with lower temperatures. Weed or hash doesn’t count. And this is an equilibrium vape, it’s not a vape where you change the temp at every bowl you take or temp step at all. Much easier and more effective is changing inhale speed imho.

I really like taking the first couple draws at a faster speed so I get every bit of flavour before I slow down and get massive clouds. My VapBong is 11.4v when cold to 10.4v when heat soaked.

If it was me I’d start doing carbless Vapbongs too. I would also like to see older designs with heater on top of the bowl (and not on the side, no “balls” scenario) on sale again. I remember a dark stove-like Vapbong with no balls and the bowl on the shape of a small drawer. It could also be more potent because of the increased thermal mass of the heater on that shape, sort of like the Frankenstein/Teddy Bear, in which the whole head should heat up.

I've been wondering about a carbless VapBong. With the VapBandit I figured the carb would feel out of place when I'm removing the ball after every hit which is why I went carbless, but a video of @Jaxel (iirc) hitting a VapBandit made me wonder if it really would have mattered with the way he held it. My memory is a little foggy at the moment lol. They just seem like different enough devices to warrant a carb on one and not on the other though really it's all a preference in the end.

I definitely want to see some other designs like the drawer style oven or whatever else is possible. Variety is the spice of life and they have that down pat with the variety of glazes. Speaking of glazes, @passenger and @NimChimpsky those are beautiful vapes you received. I didn't love the Plum as much as I do now because of your excellent photo. I mean I liked it before but now I kinda wish I went purple. And that blue with the texture look. Hell yeah! So many glazes to choose from! @Noah0608 needs to show of his Obsidian so I can get a little taste of my Monday delivery ;).

notams

toke down Babylon
It's been about 24 hours with Victoria (that's her name). I've put a LOT o' flower thru her and she's being very generous, kind and loving.

I'll most likely re-read this post in a few months and cringe at my ignorance. That notwithstanding - A few observations from a newbie to any fellow newbies.

1. Practice putting the ball in and out a bunch before you plug it in and heat it up. It's tricky. But, the learning curve is quick.
2. Water is overrated. It works perfectly fine dry.
3. I plugged my carb hole (original) and remove ball to clear the chamber.
4. I prefer hand shredding over grinding.
5. Set it and forget it. 10.4 walk away. Plug 'er in and leave it.
6. Shake or stir after every single draw.
7. Direct to lung inhale works better that MTL pulls.
8. Make sure you have good music playing.
9. The ball is designed perfectly to just sit on the flat screen side. No bowl, stand or rest needed. Just put it down.
10. Bigger is not better. I did huge bowls and tiny bowls. My sweet spot is about 0.25 grams*

Ok, there's my conclusions. Keep in mind, this is after ONE day of use. So, I reserve the right to not be quoted in 3 months when I'm saying, "the only way to use it is fresh water huge bowls and medium grind."

*I ordered a scale and will post more on this once I get it. I'm interested in dosing accurately and consistently.

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
Obsidian Vapbong was delivered to me safely around one hour ago. Snow and a 2-day delay be damned.

Started messing around with CBD - strawberry cake by Southern Charm, quickly filled up the entire room with vapor, no coughing whatsoever.

Tried a bit of Han solo burger, it was like blasting off, not for beginners! Had a bit of weed-induced brain-freeze from the terps in my nose. Cleared the 0.3 in 3 hits but not without coughing like a little baby. That good, hearty kinda cough.

My vvps fell from 11.0 to 10.2 and I'm fairly satisfied with the color on my avb. Tickled in general.

Edit: hour later and I'm down to 10.0.

Last edited:

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
You don't need to leave the bowl in a tray to protect it when it's not on the vape, like a couple of people said the bowl is made to stay on the screen side, so it's not gonna move by itself.
Since I can be a little clumsy sometimes I prefer to not take unnecessary risk. If I bump the table or if I reach out to grab something and the bowl is in the way there's a good chance that the bowl might get knock off, roll over and fall on the floor.
If it's not me then it's gonna be the cat playing with it that will do it.
The bowl is solid but repeated free falling trips to the floor is not recommended.

BestBuds

The Dude
You don't need to leave the bowl in a tray to protect it when it's not on the vape, like a couple of people said the bowl is made to stay on the screen side, so it's not gonna move by itself.
Since I can be a little clumsy sometimes I prefer to not take unnecessary risk. If I bump the table or if I reach out to grab something and the bowl is in the way there's a good chance that the bowl might get knock off, roll over and fall on the floor.
If it's not me then it's gonna be the cat playing with it that will do it.
The bowl is solid but repeated free falling trips to the floor is not recommended.
Let be honest..... The VB WILL eff you up enough to not know where the flat screen side is and you'll be mesmerized for 5 minutes trying to get that round ball to stay in one spot. I've been there. Lmao

Sharkamen

Well the big moment finally happened. It's Here!!!!

Unlike Public Enemy, DO Believe the Hype!!! I only got 6 vapes and fairly new to the game, but this thing is no joke. Flooring me on my normal dosage levels which is ~.1 to .15g a session. Flavor is as good as any glass path (ort any other for that matter) vape I have tried. Ceramic, who knew? :brow::)

(current line up - Mighty, 2020 M, Sticky Brick OG, elve8r, Simrell Vortex XL, & now the VapBong and obtained in this order)

Ripstar

Unlike Public Enemy, DO Believe the Hype!!! I only got 6 vapes and fairly new to the game, but this thing is no joke. Flooring me on my normal dosage levels which is ~.1 to .15g a session. Flavor is as good as any glass path (ort any other for that matter) vape I have tried. Ceramic, who knew? :brow::)

(current line up - Mighty, 2020 M, Sticky Brick OG, elve8r, Simrell Vortex XL, & now the VapBong and obtained in this order)
That thing is fucking beautiful! Great choice. So happy you are enjoying it!

SquirrelMaster

Thank you for sharing, what a nice glaze! I can't wait to see how my Bandit turns out
@SquirrelMaster funny you went with kush mint. That's the EXACT same strain I just got a text from my dispo last night that it's back in stock at $135 / oz. Looks like I'm about to spent $270.

It's really good and wow that's a great price! The flavour is complex imo but it's still strong. Nothing quite like a super terpy hit from VapBong to really appreciate the flavour profile of a strain.

Legalize Weed in GERMANY

Drug War Veteran
Thats exactly the reason why I keep the bowl in something that prevents it from rolling off the table. It is not that I think it is easy to break but my clumsiness.....

passenger

is this thing on?
@SixStringToker Awesome VB and picture! What glaze is that?

I dialed mine it at around 9.6V, no combustion thereafter and it's evenly brown - if I hit it right. After it's figured out it's easy to repeat, no worries about combustion.
The airflow is outstanding here. It feels natural to breath in, no restrictions and the vapor is gentle.

I want to point out that even though most are praising the VB / OAB for it's capacity and ability to produce enormous clouds, it handles microdosing astonishingly well. It really does with very nuanced flavor straight up to the end. Using the OAB feels natural and is very convenient. I don't miss a carbhole on the OAB and handling the Sphere/ Nut / Death star / whatever feels nice. First device where stirring is acually fun for me.
They deserve their breakthrough. I would like to buy a better power supply, but the one that comes with it does it's job well enough. I don't touch the dial anymore and use a switch though. The OAB is so good I could justify a second!

Edit: Did cut out unnecessary Volcano bashing :)

Last edited:

Mixio

TheVaporOne
and so I found myself staring at the ceiling
.. with a hot ball in my hands ... welcome vapebong ... :wave:!!!

Hey guys I have had many vaporizers, as you can see from my signature,
and I'm going to celebrate my first 10 years of vaporizing, let's
say .. in "good hands" :brow: ... but this is really an excellent vaporizer flavor, taste ... a real hitter :love:

... cheers from Italy! :science::rockon:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
and so I found myself staring at the ceiling
.. with a hot ball in my hands ... welcome vapebong ... :wave:!!!

Hey guys I have had many vaporizers, as you can see from my signature,
and I'm going to celebrate my first 10 years of vaporizing, let's
say .. in "good hands" :brow: ... but this is really an excellent vaporizer flavor, taste ... a real hitter :love:

... cheers from Italy! :science::rockon:

FRUITY PEBBLES :mmmm:

800px-Cereal-Fruity-Pebbles.jpg

Sharkamen

Damn! Some beautiful units rolling in. @Sharkamen nice Obsidian. Looks quite different from mine! Closer to the one @The Chemist has. Pretty cool how much variation there can be with the glazes.
Thanks @letter never sent ! They all are beautiful an unique. They are also hard to photograph. Even more detail in person and the glaze really pops in natural light! Performance is just ridiculous. Thanks to all on this thread with all the useful tips!!!

Top Bottom