• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

justcametomind

Mine is still at Felix’s for repairs. First attempt at producing a new bowl went bad and I’m waiting for a second attempt. The arm mouthpiece of the Bandit has been glued free of charge in the meantime.
IMHO they whole thing of having to ship the vape back is something that should be addressed if possible. I can live with it since I’m the same side of the ocean. But if they could came up with a standard bowl fitting ALL new vaporizers, to be produced in order to fit the bowl, and not the other way around, it would be better. I’m not talking of “one of a kind” artsy but their standard vaporizers. Having to ship the vape back gets no money to them, but make things a lot more expensive for both parts. Also having to make multiple attempts to build the bowl is something that probably doesn’t always cover the labor costs all the times? It may be impossible but from a buyers perspective this is a question you will ask yourself if you ever need a new bowl.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Mine is still at Felix’s for repairs. First attempt at producing a new bowl went bad and I’m waiting for a second attempt. The arm mouthpiece of the Bandit has been glued free of charge in the meantime.
IMHO they whole thing of having to ship the vape back is something that should be addressed if possible. I can live with it since I’m the same side of the ocean. But if they could came up with a standard bowl fitting ALL new vaporizers, to be produced in order to fit the bowl, and not the other way around, it would be better. I’m not talking of “one of a kind” artsy but their standard vaporizers. Having to ship the vape back gets no money to them, but make things a lot more expensive for both parts. Also having to make multiple attempts to build the bowl is something that probably doesn’t always cover the labor costs all the times? It may be impossible but from a buyers perspective this is a question you will ask yourself if you ever need a new bowl.

Yeah that just isn't really possible with the ceramic design... It would be cool if they could make a spare bowl from the get-go, so it would come with two that fit it perfectly, but seeing how they are made with them drying together it seems like even that would be pretty difficult honestly...

It is great that they are giving you great service, but it sucks all around for all the extra time, cost, and inconvenience... How did you pack it when you shipped it to them? The arm can break if it's not all bundled tight like when they ship it to you, this is where overdoing the bubble wrap and other such things to make the package fully secure without any rattle is helpful!

justcametomind

I could put much more bubble wrap but I sent it in a hurry in order to have it shipped back sooner. I put all the stuff it came with and some more. But I had a cardboard box, the wood one would have helped. The best thing if I invested in insured shipping. I was dead wrong 30€ shipping+88ish€ of new bowl was already enough.
Live and learn.
live and learn that's life GIF by You've Been Framed!

Shit Snacks

I could put much more bubble wrap but I sent it in a hurry in order to have it shipped back sooner. I put all the stuff it came with and some more. But I had a cardboard box, the wood one would have helped. The best thing if I invested in insured shipping. I was dead wrong 30€ shipping+88ish€ of new bowl was already enough.
Live and learn.

Oh I never got a wooden box, and I got one of the first bandits before they had packaging for it, so it had packaging from the standard style and additional packing peanuts thrown in, but it did get jostled a lot and I am lucky it didn't break! I give them a lot of feedback on it so I think bandits have been shipping much better lately, though I will find that out for myself when my new one ships! I moved recently, and it was a short distance, but I still packed it up super well on my own with a lot of bubble wrap!

Vapefanatic

I feel there is a way for standard bowls, despite knowing nothing about ceramic making. Isn't there molds that can be made, to produce standard sizes/parts? All that is needed is a mold for heater and bowl? The rest of the unit can be as artsy as they wish, but make a mold for the heater and bowl?

Alternatively, only make custom or Art pieces one of a kind. Standard pre made editions can feature standard size/shape heater/ bowls.

Make any sense?

justcametomind

Handing it to
I feel there is a way for standard bowls, despite knowing nothing about ceramic making. Isn't there molds that can be made, to produce standard sizes/parts? All that is needed is a mold for heater and bowl? The rest of the unit can be as artsy as they wish, but make a mold for the heater and bowl?

Alternatively, only make custom or Art pieces one of a kind. Standard pre made editions can feature standard size/shape heater/ bowls.

Make any sense?
It makes sense at least to me, but probably as per @Shit Snacks say there’s some random effect involved on the baking otherwise it would be a no brainer having a standard bowl to fit them all.

justcametomind,

Shit Snacks

Make any sense?

Handing it to

It makes sense at least to me, but probably as per @Shit Snacks say there’s some random effect involved on the baking otherwise it would be a no brainer having a standard bowl to fit them all.

Using molds is a different process, not as simple as straight ceramic work with hands in the clay... At least in my experience with them. It's not just the baking, it is the forming and drying, then yes firing in the kiln but also firing again for the glaze... You're talking about a total redesign of the product, to solve a problem that is not there for most people, so I would leave it alone personally!

Ripstar

Using molds is a different process, not as simple as straight ceramic work with hands in the clay... At least in my experience with them. It's not just the baking, it is the forming and drying, then yes firing in the kiln but also firing again for the glaze... You're talking about a total redesign of the product, to solve a problem that is not there for most people, so I would leave it alone personally!
I am in the process of carving a wooden holder for the bowl. The vapbong session starts off with an awareness of every part. Safety first!

Vapefanatic

In my past experience, it is a different process but is not difficult. At least from the prices charged, it didn't seem difficult. Plastic molds are the ones that always gives me a heart attack lol.

Pretty much all ceramic made consumer goods are made from molds. Same with ecig parts. Early ecig parts have some ceramic components that requires high precision. I've worked with several ceramic suppliers in the past. Although its really quite different purpose wise, its still ceramic? Thats how we see tons of 'antique' ceramic vases, plates, cups etc with the same shapes and sizes everywhere. Its nothing new.

I'm not really trying to solve anything though. If you see my post, it was riddled with question marks, meaning I don't really know? Just seeing this subject being brought up every now and then, I thought I'd chime in.

I don't see how my suggestion means a total redesign? Please explain if possible? As it is, no two bowls/heater are the same. Meaning nothing is compatible across units. Moving forward with my suggestion just means future models will have standard sized heater/bowls made via molds. It will not/does not affect current models in any way. The bowls are STILL not easily replaceable for current owners, whether or not molds are made.

If it's a problem, it's a problem. Just because we are not affected, doesn't mean it's not a problem? VB just took off not long ago. We all know there is a possibility for stoners to break stuff. Therefore, this is something worth looking into. Both for customer satisfaction and to prevent competitors from doing it first! If a Vapbong clone comes along with perfectly changeable parts, selling at half the price, I don't like AOV's chances.

There is no more sitting on ones success in today's world. Companies gotta constantly seek improvements to survive and thrive.

My 2 cents.

notams

toke down Babylon
I like that they are unique and individual. It adds to the appeal in my opinion.

"How do you like your fancy new art bong?"

Optimistic answer: "I'm so happy that it's made out of thick solid ceramic. This thing should last forever!"

Pessimistic answer: "I don't know, man. Looks like it's gonna break - and then what am I gonna do?"

I don't even have mine yet. UPS says Thurs. Let me worry about:

1. It getting thru customs
2. Getting to me
3. Not getting stolen by porch pirates.
4. Not be broken when it arrives

Don't need MORE to worry about please. Jee-zuz, I'm a frickin' frayed nerve to begin with babysitting the damn UPS notifications. Quit giving me ball-breaking nightmares.

And, in my opinion, I like that my ball is perfectly unique as God intended. Can you imagine having a ball that was the exact same shape size and weight as someone else? Creepy.

@Ripstar - sounds cool. Pics please?

Legalize Weed in GERMANY

Drug War Veteran
Just checked my mail and I have a email too from AOV that my Bandit is on the way too.
If I wouldn't have ears I would smile in a full circle.
Only 2 or 3 days and I will sit on my couch and vape my new Bandit.
excited hanna marin GIF

I have no worry about breaking the "sacred oven nut" .
If I ever break my Vapbong or Bandit then it will be a epic fail resulting of my stupidity and the whole thing is 1000 pcs no chance to glue anything.

Legalize Weed in GERMANY

Drug War Veteran
It wouldn't be hard to manufacture a silicone ball cover with a little cord that you can put around the VB body to prevent falls
I would have a problem filling the ball and maybe pulling the whole thing from the desk with the cord attached to the unit.
I feel ok with the "free" ball as I posted pictures before my oven ball lives in a coconut bowl when it is not in use.
My Vapbong survived already 4 month in my house. I had glass prices that made it not that long.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
While the bowl is unique to your vape, it's also really thick and solid, it shouldn't break easily. I've dropped mine from my desk to the hard floor and there was no damage, not even a little chip off the glaze.

Sure anything can happen but if you are careful and make sure the bowl can't roll from the table when you fill it up it should be safe from disaster.

The thing with the Vapbong is it need a perfect seal around the bowl, the heater and the air chamber or the efficiency of the vape is reduced a lot.
That's why people think the vape isn't working properly and in reality it's just the bowl that was a little off and was allowing more air to pass thru.
The reason why the bowls are all different is because the whole vape is unique too, everything is hand made. Maybe you can make a mold for the bowl but the heater and the top of the air chamber would need to have a mold too to ensure a perfect seal. At this point I think the vape would lose part of it's appeal, this vape is a hand made work of art, I like that you can see that every vape is different from each other not only with the glaze but with the form factor too.

Last edited:

notams

toke down Babylon
Someone somewhere on here posted that a roll of electrical tape is the perfect size to sit the bowl in.

I'm planning on putting a roll of electrical tape right there on the table and that's where the bowl goes. I might dress it up and make it look prettier.

Anyhoo - thanks for the tip, whoever posted that!

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Electrical tape? I wouldn't risk my hot bowl on a roll of electrical tape, surely there are better solutions than that. I like the coconut bowl idea, maybe a wood turner should knock up a few bowl holders for this.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Electrical tape? I wouldn't risk my hot bowl on a roll of electrical tape, surely there are better solutions than that. I like the coconut bowl idea, maybe a wood turner should knock up a few bowl holders for this.

Yeah, agreed.

How big are the bowls? Even something like this could possibly be an AoV product, as it is ceramic...

Again no idea how the bowl compares to an egg size wise, but same thing just different:

Last edited:

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
Yeah, agreed.

How big are the bowls? Even something like this could possibly be an AoV product, as it is ceramic...

Again no idea how the bowl compares to an egg size wise, but similar concept...

Same thing just different:

Brillant idea, the bowl is just a little bit bigger than an egg but I think it should work.

You are right it could be an AoV product with the glaze to match the vape, they already make a little tray for putting the herb in the bowl so a little stand to hold the bowl would help to make sure it can't roll around and also protect the table from the heat of the bowl.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Brillant idea, the bowl is just a little bit bigger than an egg but I think it should work.

You are right it could be an AoV product with the glaze to match the vape, they already make a little tray for putting the herb in the bowl so a little stand to hold the bowl would help to make sure it can't roll around and also protect the table from the heat of the bowl.

Thank you, I must admit I honestly didn't know single-egg holders actually existed and had a purpose up until 15 minutes ago lol

But yes I think the team over at AoV could definitely work something similar into their product line, include as a option to add on with orders and such / offer them individually in the store, like the loading trays.

Definitely matching glazes to the bodies would be awesome, make it stable and I think there are more than a few people who would be interested in them, especially considering whats involved if you do happen to need a new ball.

@Jaxel what would you think?

Top Bottom