• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I know this has been discussed a few times but wanted to get thoughts on AVB darkness. This isn't necessarily the metric to determine full extraction, but curious on how others do it. Does your AVB get this dark? I'm experimenting with voltage levels, I still had loads of green left with 10.5v soaked so bumped it to 11.8v and now getting this nice even brown after ~4 hits. I think im gonna settle around 11.5v or so

Looks good to me, sometimes I take it that dark and sometimes I take it more golden, occasionally even darker! Another factor is cleaning the screen, a clean screen helps get better extraction even at lower voltage...

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
i've had my unit since September and i gotta say, my review of it would actually be pretty low. i find it inconsistent, hot and often harsh, and then the avb is light brown and uneven. sometimes, when it hits right, i feel the airflow close a tiny bit and it chucks out beautiful thick clouds. then some other times it hits super airy and i get nothing but weak whispy clouds. more often than not i get the whispy clouds and i have no idea wtf i'm doing wrong. i feel like there's a secret way to pack/hit it that everyone knows but me lol

i usually turn it on to 11.8ish, leave it there for 30+ minutes and start hitting it after it settles in the 10.8 - 11.2 range. i usually grind medium/fine but i also tried coarse. i've tried small, medium and large bowls, it was always inconsistent as mentioned above. packing helped a bit but i still can't get it to, you know, hit right every time

so i guess my question is, did i make the wrong purchase or am i actually using it wrong? what am i missing? because i got this looking for a second hard hitter to pair with my Ditanium and i can't get consistent hard hits out of it
Yes I found I had a similar issue with inconsistent hits and then discovered I wasn't lining up the bowl properly. It is a little finnicky in that regard and a downside of the otherwise stellar VB.

No drug December ends tonight, can't wait to properly fire up the VB again!! This thread is like a tempting mistress :p

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I know this has been discussed a few times but wanted to get thoughts on AVB darkness. This isn't necessarily the metric to determine full extraction, but curious on how others do it. Does your AVB get this dark? I'm experimenting with voltage levels, I still had loads of green left with 10.5v soaked so bumped it to 11.8v and now getting this nice even brown after ~4 hits. I think im gonna settle around 11.5v or so

Looks to me like there is still a lot more of the good drugs in that herb.
I bet you could get double the number of hits that you are currently taking with that.

Does it really stop producing vapor at that point in your pic?

MonkeyTime

When in doubt, I throw it in an IO or Evo and see what I get from it....usually nothing more than would have gotten from a stir and additional hit in the VB.....I don't doubt anymore!

Shit Snacks

Yeah going by AVB color can be misleading, especially with pure convection, even more so looking at a picture of it in the bowl (like I take horrible photos too lol) This was a bowl of triple scoop at 11.4v last night:

PXL-20210101-091228975.jpg

It really depends on the herbs themselves, dryness moisture level, structure of the buds and how you grind, then how you take your hits and what power settings! When you pour it out of the bowl and look at it on the table you can better see how extracted it is, press it with your finger and it turns to powder... I also tend to prefer a lighter extraction, for better flavors, but it is still fully extracted (like yeah if you try with another vape)... I mean really, who wants fully scorched black bowls??

NimChimpsky

With those numbers too!? :hmm: How long are you heat soaking it @Mfazeli ?
Yea I know.. I'm heatsoaking it for hours, I have to run it at 11.8v+ to get it dark brown. For small bowls I need even higher. I'm also using some super fresh and sticky herb so that could have something to do with it. Either way, mine tends to need more voltage than others for some reason. I finally combusted today testing the limits, but it was with a fat bowl at like 12.3v

Shit Snacks

Slowing down your draw can result in a hotspot though, I mean if you are stirring anyway and don't mind, that is indeed a way to get darker extraction... I have no trouble with moist herbs here though, they get dried out within a couple hits, or even just the first one, and the taste is so good, such thick dense flavorful vapor! Dryer herbs I think are actually trickier to get darker color, like in my photo above, a full extraction can leave them lighter whereas if you push it it could end up scorching more so perhaps?

Anyway check out this one, they called it the "Vulcano" (star trek? lol)

Screenshot-20210102-105153.png

Last edited:

Murph101

Been keeping an eye out for the vapbong for a while now, with a plan to buy in the new year/once their stock is back up. But did anybody notice the price increase recently? Most of the classics have increased about €30. Was there any changes, or is this just a normal price increase?

johnnyCanuck

Question for Canadian buyers,

If ordering from Canada, would I have to shoot Daniel an email first asking VAT to be removed from the website price before paying or does the website automatically do that for you?

I also don’t see CAD as an option, would I have to pay in US funds?

Just lining up my ducks for the next site wide sale.

Thanks

johnnyCanuck,

Shit Snacks

Been keeping an eye out for the vapbong for a while now, with a plan to buy in the new year/once their stock is back up. But did anybody notice the price increase recently? Most of the classics have increased about €30. Was there any changes, or is this just a normal price increase?

If prices went up it is probably because of the credit card fees now

Question for Canadian buyers,

If ordering from Canada, would I have to shoot Daniel an email first asking VAT to be removed from the website price before paying or does the website automatically do that for you?

I also don’t see CAD as an option, would I have to pay in US funds?

Just email Daniel and ask, he is very responsive and will give you the most info that is most accurate!

When I ordered, I waited for a second email which they automatically removed the VAT and adjusted the invoice. My bank offers international transfers online for free so I input the provided banking info and sent Euros. They got the transfer the next day.

Yeah, but now they have credit card payment on the site, so I don't know if they are doing that system anymore, of sending an invoice after you order to pay by bank transfer, and remove VAT for US customers...

Today was cleaning day. Definitely wasn't necessary, but it's super easy to do and always nice having a freshly cleaned unit on hand. I love how low maintenance this vape is! I've been cleaning every two weeks, but I could easily stretch that to once a month while running roughly .25g per day through it.

The VapBong has totally dominated my lineup since the day I got it, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

SquirrelMaster

If I had to guess I would say they're increasing prices because the demand is there. There could be price increases related to COVID as well for materials but that's just a guess. I bet they'll have another sale for 4/20 so that's a good option for anyone that needs a break on the price. Maybe we'll see another batch of B-stocks released between now and then as well, I can't remember what the plan was for those devices moving forward.

Shit Snacks

PXL-20210110-042111923.jpg

Tried some CBG kief on a bowl of regular lemon cello, pretty nice full bodied experience! Also really nice to return to my plum jelly after another break using new Tafée Bowle during the week... Coming back to a VapBong, yeah talk about full bodied! :freak:

Last edited:
Top Bottom