• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

SquirrelMaster

The other thing I want to mention is a concern I had before I saw it in person. That is, how thick is the ceramic? People blow smoke a lot when they find a vape they like. So I didn't trust when people said it was super thick and wont be easily broken. Well it IS that thick!. It reminds me of those vintage stoneware coffee mugs they used to have at diners. They would mash a skull if swung hard

I can also attest to the thickness and durability. I dropped a stack of base boards 5' up and she walked away unscathed.

I bet someone around here got this unit, the obsidian star. Again the first unit to go is the only one they had without kick hole.

The electric specs are:
input 100V-240V 50/60Hz
output: DC 3-12V - 5A
(just read it on the bottom part of the AC adapter)

I have a carbless VapBandit in Obsidian preordered for January that you got me thinking about again whohbI now realize is pretty close! I like ordering a little ways out and having a nice surprise show up at my door step. My wife would not agree :lol:.

i've had my unit since September and i gotta say, my review of it would actually be pretty low. i find it inconsistent, hot and often harsh, and then the avb is light brown and uneven. sometimes, when it hits right, i feel the airflow close a tiny bit and it chucks out beautiful thick clouds. then some other times it hits super airy and i get nothing but weak whispy clouds. more often than not i get the whispy clouds and i have no idea wtf i'm doing wrong. i feel like there's a secret way to pack/hit it that everyone knows but me lol

i usually turn it on to 11.8ish, leave it there for 30+ minutes and start hitting it after it settles in the 10.8 - 11.2 range. i usually grind medium/fine but i also tried coarse. i've tried small, medium and large bowls, it was always inconsistent as mentioned above. packing helped a bit but i still can't get it to, you know, hit right every time

so i guess my question is, did i make the wrong purchase or am i actually using it wrong? what am i missing? because i got this looking for a second hard hitter to pair with my Ditanium and i can't get consistent hard hits out of it

godisatomato,

Jaxel

Manufacturer
i've had my unit since September and i gotta say, my review of it would actually be pretty low. i find it inconsistent, hot and often harsh, and then the avb is light brown and uneven. sometimes, when it hits right, i feel the airflow close a tiny bit and it chucks out beautiful thick clouds. then some other times it hits super airy and i get nothing but weak whispy clouds. more often than not i get the whispy clouds and i have no idea wtf i'm doing wrong. i feel like there's a secret way to pack/hit it that everyone knows but me lol

i usually turn it on to 11.8ish, leave it there for 30+ minutes and start hitting it after it settles in the 10.8 - 11.2 range. i usually grind medium/fine but i also tried coarse. i've tried small, medium and large bowls, it was always inconsistent as mentioned above. packing helped a bit but i still can't get it to, you know, hit right every time

so i guess my question is, did i make the wrong purchase or am i actually using it wrong? what am i missing? because i got this looking for a second hard hitter to pair with my Ditanium and i can't get consistent hard hits out of it
I hope I have understood everything correctly. .... are your herbs perhaps a little moist? Maybe that is already the reason. The herb ball must sit on the funnel so that the glaze completely closes. If it does not sit properly on it then you pull side air and that is not desired. You can also make a video for us. Maybe then we can say more. We test all vapos before we pack them. All work great. Therefore, we would like to help you find the error. Love greetings Janine

justcametomind

11.8 is maybe too hot for your style of drawing. The perfect hit with a Vapbong is always a combination of draw speed+temperature.
This vape likes fast "power draws". If you combine slower hits with too high temperature you get hot spots/uneven extraction.

Last edited:

Easywider

Simple is the way

I had similar issue with inconsistency when I first got mine. I noticed my herb chamber ball really likes to naturally rest 1mm too far towards me cracking the seal ever so slightly at the back. No way to tell unless I did a 360 inspection each time after I’d put the ball on.

My solution was to add a mirror to my vape spot now I can see front and back off the ball. It still wants to sit that way naturally about 50% of the time I place it on but I can now see the hairline of no glaze before I take my hit. Im now able to tell just by feel if it’s chugging too fast when I inhale but I still like to use the mirror.

BestBuds

The Dude
I put my thumb, forefinger, and middlefinger in the same spot on the bowl every time. That way when I put the bowl on the Vapbong I can seat it properly by touch. I can feel when the bowl seats in place with my thumb and middle finger.
When people say that this vape is different from anything else that means there is a learning curve because it's different from everything else. :lol: Don't give up! When it hits you feel no pain.

Vapefanatic

11.8 is maybe too hot for you style of drawing. The perfect hit with a Vapbong is always a combination of draw speed+temperature.
This vape likes fast "power draws". If you combine slower hits with too high temperature you get hot spots/uneven extraction.
Perfectly said! Fast Power draws at high temps. If you like slower draws, go lower temps.
I had similar issue with inconsistency when I first got mine. I noticed my herb chamber ball really likes to naturally rest 1mm too far towards me cracking the seal ever so slightly at the back. No way to tell unless I did a 360 inspection each time after I’d put the ball on.

My solution was to add a mirror to my vape spot now I can see front and back off the ball. It still wants to sit that way naturally about 50% of the time I place it on but I can now see the hairline of no glaze before I take my hit. Im now able to tell just by feel if it’s chugging too fast when I inhale but I still like to use the mirror.
It depends on the glaze. My Yardro had zero such issues cos I can see the line, and can fit the bowl perfectly that way. The Unicorn that I had was a completely white bowl. That made it much tougher to place the bowl correctly. No lines to tell me if i got it right?

Easywider

Simple is the way
Perfectly said! Fast Power draws at high temps. If you like slower draws, go lower temps.

It depends on the glaze. My Yardro had zero such issues cos I can see the line, and can fit the bowl perfectly that way. The Unicorn that I had was a completely white bowl. That made it much tougher to place the bowl correctly. No lines to tell me if i got it right?
Very true! The unicorn is a mythical creature though, it does not reveal the mysteries of the universe.

The herb ball must sit on the funnel so that the glaze completely closes. If it does not sit properly on it then you pull side air and that is not desired

... i'll be damned, i think this fixed it. i started to "pop" the ball into place (basically put it on, rotate it back a little bit and then make it pop) every time instead of just throwing it on and everything improved. can't believe it took me 4 months to play with the seal in the first place

edit after a few bowls: avb is even and dark enough, and now i'm getting those super strong hits right away. i'm a dumbass lol

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
11.8 is maybe too hot for your style of drawing. The perfect hit with a Vapbong is always a combination of draw speed+temperature.

...He said he warmed it up at 11.8 but was hitting it at 10.8 or 11.2... and that the issue was blank hits, not scorching hot spot etc...

... i'll be damned, i think this fixed it. i started to "pop" the ball into place (basically put it on, rotate it back a little bit and then make it pop) every time instead of just throwing it on and everything improved. can't believe it took me 4 months to play with the seal in the first place

edit after a few bowls: avb is even and dark enough, and now i'm getting those super strong hits right away. i'm a dumbass lol

Awesome! Glad you already got help and finally woooorking, the air flow connection was going to be my suggestion as well! Also I prefer to stir every hit for best extraction.

NimChimpsky

Does anyone know what size cork fits the carb hole? I'm going to have the wife pick one up for me. :rockon:

I am learning. Easy does it, there's no need for fish bowling a room. But it's good to know it can. Best money I've spent on a vape. Ever.
My cork is a half inch diameter on the larger end, the carb hole is a little smaller than that

Ripstar

Does anyone know what size cork fits the carb hole? I'm going to have the wife pick one up for me. :rockon:

I am learning. Easy does it, there's no need for fish bowling a room. But it's good to know it can. Best money I've spent on a vape. Ever.
I was wondering this too. I have got the carb down but a cork would be great as I sometimes have some decent vapor left after I take a full pull. Prana breathing really helps with this thing 😂

Just got my "Gollum" art edition! My first VB. Figured I'd share some pics! I first ordered a b-stock plum jelly but it turned out to not be in stock so Daniel hooked me up with a deal on this one. Only had a couple sessions but loving it so far!
Awesome glaze! That thing is going to make ya laugh or make you wonder if you took a big enough rip by his look😂 I would want to watch the whole series once I got that!

SquirrelMaster

I got in the habit of spinning the ball back and forth everytime I put it back and and I can feel when it makes a perfect seal, there's a sweet spot it kind of stop in. You may also find you can down your voltage now that you're making a good seal. Glad you're all fixed up :).

vapeaveli420

Hey guys, what’s the difference between the vapbong and the bandit? Seen a few things about the vapbong looks really good.

vapeaveli420,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey guys, what’s the difference between the vapbong and the bandit? Seen a few things about the vapbong looks really good.

it's already been asked and answered several times in the thread, if you read back through, or use the search feature... Yes both are fantastic, it is mostly just form factor differences, but also the volume of air flow.

BestBuds

The Dude
Just some visuals for those who are wondering how to properly line up the bowl.
Tipped back
8t20cxbs8sixautq.jpg

Tipped forward
c2s5mr98ksg6ipgy.jpg

Acceptable
mr31n20g6o67dmp2.jpg

...and some pic'ies...
jzat1ar1kor8x5b3.jpg
egwavf1wd828srt9.jpg
7bjmay2vn2tqbt1a.jpg
sjprvztn30gbaq2v.jpg
0x9yz8sn7vu3s9jx.jpg
zw1irn06uqkkwpzm.jpg
8ij4z78s31dt2hgk.jpg
4f2n4q154lpedolg.jpg
zclloxxq08apdh78.jpg
gnccdymyrbwwt9qf.jpg
tnael02hwmsv8sqk.jpg

*In case anyone is interested, the background was one of my kilts, the tartan is "Auld Scotland". I hope a dick shaped vape under a kilt doesn't get lost on anyone. LMFAO

Last edited:

NimChimpsky

I know this has been discussed a few times but wanted to get thoughts on AVB darkness. This isn't necessarily the metric to determine full extraction, but curious on how others do it. Does your AVB get this dark? I'm experimenting with voltage levels, I still had loads of green left with 10.5v soaked so bumped it to 11.8v and now getting this nice even brown after ~4 hits. I think im gonna settle around 11.5v or so

Top Bottom