• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
@deadlytoaster unfortunately you're not able to buy spare ball bowls because they will not fit your individual vapbong properly, only the one that came with it was made to fit it at the time the clay was worked... I have been thinking about, perhaps when I finally get a fancy crazy custom, that I might request a second ball bowl be made for it too.
Yeah likely need to have it made when being ordered. I'm definitely going to have an extravangent custom VB one day - endgame piece worthy :)

Having been reunited with my lovely VapBong after being away from it since March, now I'm going to share some impressions over the last few days of use (sober October is a bust :p )

It is the single best chill group session vape out there -
the bowl is gigantic! Hits for hours, and they all taste nice and hit full. Surprisingly full flavor considering there's water filtration.

Even with a reasonable 0.2 gram bowl, it extracts very well.

It's so smooth - Vapor quality
between the bubbler and large vapor path, the hits are so nice on the throat, mouth, and offers a great experience

This is the hardest hitting vape out there, bar none. While you can achieve near-pyrolysis, you will 95% likely run it medium temp the majority of time. For a medium-high temp extraction, you can get super powerful hits for hours. No joke, I hit this thing continuously for two hours and was getting very strong hits nonstop. You can pack this with more than 2.5g no problem.

This means you have a bowl you can hit for hours with friends without issue. Nothing has such a big bowl and can match the pure convection power. The bowl shaped the way it is promotes convection which hits your herb in all directions. Not linear like the Grasshopper, SSV43, Flowerpot, or any other convection vape out there. Fluid dynamics of the best.

Hit density might not be as nutty as a dab or pyrolysis DynaVap to be fair.

Set it and forget it -
I just let my temperature/power sit at ~11.3v. I'm fine without precise temperature control on a unit like this. Set it and forget it. You'll incrementally adjust it, but infrequently.

The experience -
Bar none, the absolute best. The ritual - the experience. Grind your herb, dump that onto the ceramic loading tool. Funnel it into the bowl. Smell the bowl. Slide it on, cover carb and inhale deep. Satisfying churgle, smooth flavor, and a fluffy exhale.

Remove bowl, smell, enjoy, pass around like little tea bowls. I will get one or two more bowls so each person can have one when I have friends over. To stir, simply place hand over hole on bowl, shake. Smell, warm toasted herb. Amazing, like light roast coffee. I may add some nice coffee beans and see how that is.

Cleaning -
Ezpz. Don't need to clean it often (or ever), but citrus cleaner or iso, swish and rinse.

Complaints -
Cables, but whatever. The power source is a bit primitive but really don't care much - the voltage control works fine.

Overall -

Very primitive & organic feeling. Earthy, deep, bright, peppery flavors come through especially well. (Limonene, Myrcene, b-Caryophyllene, very well).

Elegant yet earthy feel to its handling. If a fun unit to use. I will put a hookah hose in mine and have it serve as a whip too :)

(Highly) recommend. Perfect home companion to my long wood stem Dyna + IH. Not the end all and be all, but about as close to it for me. It's all about it in the user experience. After how many dozens of vapes, this one's now my favorite :)

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

Update: Gorrila Glue CBD hash in the VapBong

Results: Incredible. Clouds thicker than dry herb without much effort at all. Almost felt like a dab, and I crumbled a small amount in there! Wowie :D
I've been topping my Vapbong bowls with a chunk of hash and dash of kief for that last bowl of the night with really good results.

MonkeyTime

I'm about to send in my Evo for a loose bamboo, I really wish I had grabbed one of the bandits in the last round. I think I'd prefer the additional diffusion and smaller feel. I'm thinking this would have been a great replacement, maybe I'll email and see what a custom bandit would cost and take for time? Unfortunately I think picking a custom color out would take me at least a week, I like too many of them, which is why I didn't order last time, I couldn't decide. By the time I had less choices, I missed the window.....

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm about to send in my Evo for a loose bamboo, I really wish I had grabbed one of the bandits in the last round. I think I'd prefer the additional diffusion and smaller feel. I'm thinking this would have been a great replacement, maybe I'll email and see what a custom bandit would cost and take for time? Unfortunately I think picking a custom color out would take me at least a week, I like too many of them, which is why I didn't order last time, I couldn't decide. By the time I had less choices, I missed the window.....

I think there's going to be a big new drop of bongs and bandits very soon, possibly with plenty of b stock and crazy art bongs... Meanwhile a custom order will be expensive and time-consuming, but if you're talking about just ordering a custom color, that should only be several weeks... But that's why I would say just keep an eye out and wait, maybe the color you want will come up for sale anyway?? It's not really a true custom order if there's just a color you prefer, they usually make a few in one color too.

Also regarding diffusion, I am not sure that there is as much diffusion here that there is in an Evo, hydro tubes have some crazy percolators! The vapbong down stem does do a nice job, without much compromise between flavor and smoothness, but I wouldn't say that it offers greater diffusion than a Cloud Evo is all...

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the tip, I’ve been catching up with their posts/videos over the last few days and am a big fan of their work.

I think I prefer the classic bong design over the bandits though.
I saw that you have both. Which do you find more comfortable?

I don't really have anything new to add since my last posts here, mine are both packed away because I just moved, but I think I prefer the bandit (though I need to use the original again, I haven't used it since I got the bandit) for the form factor and draw, but they are still very similar and identically effective!

Legalize Weed in GERMANY

Drug War Veteran
To break the silence here my expirience til now

I own this vape now for 14 days and it runs 12 to 18 hrs every day.
This vape fits perfect for me.
I was 20+ years Bong smoker, so i like to the way it is working.
I run it between 10.8 and 11.2 Volt, normaly i just plug and unplug it
leaving the dial untuched.

As the Inventor sayed in one youtube video “The only disatvanage is you have to put weed in to make it work“.

Here you can see some of the new Art VapBong's

Please excuse my poor english

emily

Has anyone tried the Berserker design? I'm curious if the heater heat soaks as much when it's in the top rather than the ball. I imagine it does

YFsjcqk.png

Shit Snacks

Has anyone tried the Berserker design? I'm curious if the heater heat soaks as much when it's in the top rather than the ball. I imagine it does

YFsjcqk.png

I don't think anyone here has tried that design yet, I haven't seen it listed for sale on the website this year either... Did not know what its name was!

Anyway I'm not sure I understand the question, technically the heater is still in the same location, despite the different body shapes... If anything the heater mass could be a little larger, meaning even more ceramic to heat soak potentially?

someTooL

Very intriguing and interesting for sure.

So, please forgive the old man here but how can I see/get the info in English. Having a very hard time navigating the site. Not even sure what the conversion would be. Thanks in advance!

someTooL,

Shit Snacks

So, please forgive the old man here but how can I see/get the info in English. Having a very hard time navigating the site. Not even sure what the conversion would be. Thanks in advance!

Yeah use Google Chrome and it should all translate to English easily! Google it :D

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Yeah, like @Shit Snacks said above, my Chrome browser translates the art-of-vapor.com site to english for me. When I load the page, I get a little popup that asks me if I want the page translated into english.

SquirrelMaster

Now that I've had some time with my VapBong, as well as a break to compare to my other devices (to bring me back down from this blissful honeymoon) I feel like I can give a fair review. Some of this I've touched on in my previous posts.

When I came across the VapBong it was love at first sight, I won't lie. I want to say I had heard the name somewhere else on the web in passing but I never looked any further into it until recently and after watching a video of Daniel telling his story while combing through the thread and seeing the different designs I knew I needed to have one. I'd had a growing feeling that I wanted a nice bong, not something scientific but a piece with some character and so the VapBong immediately appealed to me. The amount of vapour it produced looked pretty good on video and the lack of draw resistance sounded great as well. I started emailing Daniel back and forth and I was immediately impressed with his quick responses (much less then 24hrs which is impressive with the time difference) and how informative and friendly he is.

Payment was done through a bank transfer and I used TransferWise which was the cheapest method (on recommendation from Daniel). My package was shipped UPS to Canada and my total fees were $26.32 (GST and $10 handling fee) which I was more than happy to pay as I expected duty and/or higher handling fees.

Everything was packed nice and secure minus the ball rolling around a small space but this was completely encased in cardboard with no possibility of hitting anything else. Because I bought a B-Stock my finish isn't perfect but I really like how it turned out and I may take some art resin and fill the few small imperfections. It adds character though and doesn't affect the function and my color is a little different than the normal azure version which makes it more unique for me. Pictures honestly do not do these units justice, they look ever better in person. If I get another VapBong (which I'm strongly considering) I'll try a VapBandit and then possibly a custom. We'll see, for the next sale if I see a nice custom I would just spring for that. The different designs are pretty cool and I feel like there's something for everyone or if not you can go the completely custom route. Did you see the recent Towelie, so cool!

I like giving my device a good long heat soak before I use it. If it's sitting at room temperature then 30 minutes is a very good number. 15 minutes works but a little longer just yields better results for me. You can turn the voltage up and go for a shorter heat soak as well but I feel like low and slow is better for the length of the coil. I treat it like a log and keep it turned on and hit it continuously throughout the evening every few hours. When I last turned mine on it started at 11.4v but settled around 10.4v after little while. This has been a good voltage that I haven't touched in weeks. I look forward to a new and improved vvps as the stock unit jumps around a bit when setting the dial and drops in voltage over time plus it gets a little warm. It works completely fine, don't get me wrong, but it's just one area to improve.

The included loading dish is really cool and I've been using it on my other desktops as well. It works perfectly for filling the bowl but in all honesty the hole in the ball is so large I can load directly from a grinder if I'm careful. The bowl kinda scares me because I worry I'm going to smash it and I even flipped the device over yesterday to drain the water and forgetting to remove it, it slammed down on my counter and loading dish but there luckily wasn't a scratch. That's the only close call I've had but replacing the ball would be an enormous p.i.t.a. so this is one to be careful with. If I went for a custom I'd look into having an additional ball made.

Using the ball bowl is really satisfying and gives the VapBong an experience like no other. I like to pack enough to make a "puck" of flower that fits above the screen and lately I've been adding a dollop of kief on top. I take a few hits and then stir by either poking at the flower with an Elev8r pick or usually by tapping the screen which pushes the puck out breaking everything up. I give the ball a little shake and then lightly tamp everything back into the same space. When I finish up I tap it out again and brush the inside of the bowl with a S&B brush or an iso pad and water rinse when I want to clean it out. Two mabye three stirs is all I need. The sceen comes out very easily as well which I give an ISO soak that makes it look like new when needed. The inside doesn't seem to get dirty as quickly as my glass bowls which makes sense knowing that ceramic is used as an anti-stick coating in products. The end result is something that feels very unique, holds a decent amount of flower and works very well.

The VapBong's biggest strength compared to other heavy hitters is its lack of draw resistance. Bags are the only other method that can compare and the quality of vapor with ceramic and water filtration is just so much nicer on my throat and lungs. I can fill my lungs in 6 seconds which is pretty incredible or going slower practically feels like breathing. I swear my face mask makes it harder to breathe than a hit from the VapBong. Because of the short hits I'm able to get though a session quickly which can be very helpful if you're in a rush or need to medicate in short order.

The quality of the vapour isn't the absolute best but it's very good it hits a certain point where each hit is so strong that nothing feels that smooth. I get some absolute lung busters from the VapBong, it's pretty incredible.

I'd say if you're looking for a desktop that's a heavy hitter and has a nice artistic twist to it the VapBong is a perfect choice. With the addition of a smart plug I make sure to start mine a little before a session and the results are excellent every time. The cost may be a barrier to some and if so I'd suggest waiting for a B-stock as they are more affordable and function the same. Whatever you need to do to get a VapBong, just do it, they're that good. In function and form it stands among the best out there.

Legalize Weed in GERMANY

Drug War Veteran
Can some one tell me the inner diameter of the mouthpice and the diameter of the carb hole from the bandit?
Maybe i "need" one for my office desk, so the Vapbong can stay im my living room:smug: at the moment i move the Vapbong arround with me over the day.

The bowl kinda scares me because I worry I'm going to smash it and I even flipped the device over yesterday to drain the water and forgetting to remove it

It is better to remove the bowl every time especially when the Vapbong is switched off and water in it because water vapor can make the heating wire corrode and shorten the life time of it.

please excuse my poor english :shrug:

Top Bottom