Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
My unit arrived today!

Really enjoying it so far. The taste is very good and the vapor production is impressive!

The ceramic taste is unique. It feels a little bit like vaping through a beautiful antique vase that I acquired at an art show. I'm very impressed by the look and feel of everything.

Those VVPS fluctuations are definitely real though. I really hope someone figures out how to rig a better VVPS up to it or AOV starts selling one themselves.

One thing I did note - my unit only has a few air intake holes - not 20! Perhaps the number is dependent on design?

Hope you're all having a lovely day!

Edit: My voltage requirements seem to be different than some of you and match with others. Good results in the 11.5-12v range. Not much vapor below that!

Last edited:

Collyland / Daniel

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
High guys! :wave:
It´s Daniel from Art of Vapor. This thread is so cool, i really enjoyed reading it :clap: It´s somehow like reading our story from a different angle. Thank you for your support here, we really appreciate that. Our 420 sale was a great success, not least because a lot of people read in your forum. It is so satisfying to create and sell a unique and handmade product, invented by a very unique person and creating happy customers with it.

Regarding our new power supply: This will take quite a while until this project is finished, we are looking for a supplier at the moment to provide all parts that we need. We don´t even have a prototype yet:shrug: We are planning to do it compatible so everyone can upgrade to the new power supply. Subscribe to our newsletter to not miss any news.

Good news for clients outside EU: We can now provide tax-free shopping, that means 19% off on your purchase :rockon: Write us an email with your desired product or just buy it in our shop and we will refound tax.

:leaf:Cheers, Daniel

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
Regarding our new power supply: This will take quite a while until this project is finished, we are looking for a supplier at the moment to provide all parts that we need. We don´t even have a prototype yet:shrug: We are planning to do it compatible so everyone can upgrade to the new power supply. Subscribe to our newsletter to not miss any news.

You guys are awesome! I couldn't ask for any more! Thank you.

bornfree13

It´s Daniel from Art of Vapor. This thread is so cool, i really enjoyed reading it :clap: It´s somehow like reading our story from a different angle. Thank you for your support here, we really appreciate that. Our 420 sale was a great success, not least because a lot of people read in your forum. It is so satisfying to create and sell a unique and handmade product, invented by a very unique person and creating happy customers with it.

Good news for clients outside EU: We can now provide tax-free shopping, that means 19% off on your purchase :rockon: Write us an email with your desired product or just buy it in our shop and we will refound tax.

High Daniel

Nice to hear from you. This is a great forum. You'll enjoy yourself here. Keep up the great work!

Take care and be safe
Dennis

lazylathe

Almost there...

Thanks for stopping by Daniel! I hope the link I sent you made it nice and easy to find!

Your product is totally unique on this forum and in general with regards to vaporizers.
I do not know of another glazed vaporizer with built in heater.
Most are glass or have a ceramic rod heater all the way down to a simple resistor and then up to halogen light as a heat source.
I am very excited to add this to my collection as it will be the most unique vaporizer i will own!

Thanks for the refund today for the 19% tax!
It was a surprise until I read what it was for here!

I cannot wait to say:

It's woooorking!!!!
:rockon::rockon::rockon:

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
https://tools420.ca/art-of-vapor-vapbong-review/

In the VapBong review above its mentioned that ~11.3v is the preferred setting.

Other VapBong owners, what do you run it at?

@VapeEnthusiast could you post a pic of the heater holes on your unit?

So excited to see other people getting on board and picking up this really unique and awesome device. Can't believe they've been so relatively unknown for so long.

Dreaming of a design of a volcano erupting with lava flowing down and two large stones being the heater and bowl. Can't decide on which custom unit to commission, uff. Anyone else have some ideas out there?

Stone as Emma

IG : jean_roulin_420
Ok guys it’s that kind of moment : combusted/charred on my first session while also having the most satisfying taste experience of any vape I own on the first hit :rofl::doh::love::sherlock::mental:

I thought i’d start @ 11V like some people were saying : the heater ball was really really hot to the touch but hey everyone is saying 11V is ok so let’s go... 1st hit like i said mouthwatering pure terps experience & instant light vapor production I was blown away. Then I went for the 2nd hit like 40s after recovering from the mind blowing previous one... Boom ! combustion/charring of the top of the load haha.

2nd session is about to start @ 9V, let’s see what happens this time. I’m high as hell from the first session & i’m already in love with this VapBong even though i fucked up haha.

@bornfree13 Yes it has a bit of texture while still being silky smooth the touch like the weed on the ceramic dish is sliding perfectly into the bowl-ball (ball-bowl ? lmao). It’s magic <3

Ok sorry for the double post. I’m so fuckin’ high as a kite off some 10th Planet & Lilac Cookies (Ethos genetics <3) ripped in the VapBong @ 8,5V slowly temp stepping to 9,6V for the final roast.

It’s WÖÖRKING oh my lordy lord, it’s magic, someone has to analyse what’s going on technically speaking in this vape. OHHH hell yeah it’s WORKING like nothing else sheeeeeesssshhhh :rockon:

My ABV after the first 6 hit (yeah right 6 good clouds)

My ABV at the end of the sesh after like 20+ hits (lost count too stoned to the bone)

This bowl was 0,16g of Lilac Cookies:drool:

The ritual, the esthetics, the function, the vapor production/signature, that bubbling sound, ease of use, I mean everything is free flowing, pure session/on demand water cooled madness :love:

Sorry if it’s sounding too shiny but i’m in love right away I can tell you. Honeymoon is properly starting now after that fucked up 1st test.

Stay tuned.

It’s WÖÖRKINNNNNGGGGG !!

Last edited by a moderator:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Those VVPS fluctuations are definitely real though. I really hope someone figures out how to rig a better VVPS up to it or AOV starts selling one themselves.
My AC VVPS is the same that drives my WoodScents log, I now run one of these after it (or any DC power source like a Lithium power tool battery, car or truck battery up to 30v) It has two control dials, one for large adjustments plus a fine tune wheeel,
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5V-2A-L...m3fba421cb5:g:TbYAAOSwRcZcb6aV&frcectupt=true
s-l500.jpg

This is an Oz listing so look for a cheaper link, I hope it helps.:myday:

Last edited:

Collyland / Daniel

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
very cool how much you enjoy using your vapbong :tup::lol::rockon: every VapBong is unique and handmade, there are little differences of the placement of the heating coil. it get´s extremely hot that´s why temperature might differ a bit even you have the same voltage setting.

Stone as Emma

very cool how much you enjoy using your vapbong :tup::lol::rockon: every VapBong is unique and handmade, there are little differences of the placement of the heating coil. it get´s extremely hot that´s why temperature might differ a bit even you have the same voltage setting.

High Daniel

Haha thanks for the explanations ! Yeah my unit seems to be running hotter than most, 11V has made the wire/coil inside the heater ball glowing red. The sweet spot seems to be between 8,5V & 9,8V :tup:.

Is it okay to let the unit/heater on for like 5h or even 12h straight ?

Just had a sesh with some nice lemon haze hash, you can rip as hard as you can & blow clouds & flavor for dayz ! This thing is a ripper, wide open airflow & the harder you pull, the bigger the clouds it’s crazy ! :science:

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
It seems like each VapBong may perform different at a given voltage so I think it's hard to recommend a specific power setting.

I think the magic is in the thermal capacity of the ceramic heating chamber. Once it warms it, it has a lot of available energy for instant dispersal.

LabPong

Welcome Daniel

Thanks for taking time to communicate with us :tup:

I would like to order a standard Vap Bong with the color on your roulette selection.

gray-AOV.jpg

I would like to get one this color or just a bit lighter gray color...very cool one!

I do not mind waiting if this is possible?

LabPong,

Stone as Emma

I think the magic is in the thermal capacity of the ceramic heating chamber. Once it warms it, it has a lot of available energy for instant dispersal.

Yeah I agree with you, I think the ceramic is part of the magic, but there is more to it, like well thought air intake holes, wide open vapor path all play a big part in the extraction power of the VapBong. It’s genius in my opinion !

@LesPlenty Awesome idea ! But i don’t think the plug/connection will be compatible with the VapBong as it’s not the same as the WS.

Cheers :D

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yes Welcome Daniel! Great to have you here!

I was lucky enough to receive a VapBong last week, thanks to a very special someone ;)

I have not posted in here yet as I have been getting to know it, very very fun unique experience, really cool design for a heavy-hitter desktop. Total Volcano Bong!

I used to work with ceramics myself and love glaze especially, this one is Woodland Fantasy, which probably would have been my last choice, but in person it is actually quite nice and does grow on you... My Swamp Volcano!

I am already starting to plan a custom design to order in the future however, probably in one of the blue glazes. Thinking something like the one-armed bandit with a longer, wider mouthpiece and some sort of octopus for the heater/bowl...

High Daniel

Haha thanks for the explanations ! Yeah my unit seems to be running hotter than most, 11V has made the wire/coil inside the heater ball glowing red. The sweet spot seems to be between 8,5V & 9,8V :tup:.

Just had a sesh with some nice lemon haze hash, you can rip as hard as you can & blow clouds & flavor for dayz ! This thing is a ripper, wide open airflow & the harder you pull, the bigger the clouds it’s crazy ! :science:

Interesting, I began using mine at 10.5v and settled in at 11v more now (it does fluctuate between the two honestly). The coil does constantly glow, and I've had it on for up to 7 or so hours at a time... I suppose I should try going lower and see if that stops the glow and I can still get satisfying hits... Lung Power!

Your Sky & Sand is a real stunner for sure!

It seems like each VapBong may perform different at a given voltage so I think it's hard to recommend a specific power setting.

Yeah the handmade aspect means each one could perform very different, aside from the heater build, every slight difference could mean a slightly different experience for each of us!

Aside from the ceramic, I think a big special sauce here is that this really is ripping a vapor bong, like no other vape I've used before, even running a vape through a basic tube bong...

Welcome Daniel

Thanks for taking time to communicate with us :tup:

I would like to order a standard Vap Bong with the color on your roulette selection.

gray-AOV.jpg

I would like to get one this color or just a bit lighter gray color...very cool one!

I do not mind waiting if this is possible?

That color is actually the Blue Caprice just in a black and white photo btw...

They do have a cool grey glaze however, seen in the back left of the kiln below:

Screenshot-20200420-213819.png

Last edited:

Collyland / Daniel

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
the vapbongs are suitable for 24/7 use. i had mine running for 2-3 weeks with no problems, donald had his vapong running for nearly one year.

if you dont mind waiting we can do a grey one like the one on the photo (indeed b/w photo of koi pond or blue caprice). just send an email to info at artofvapor dotcom and i will send you a link to buy without tax (if you are outside EU)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
But i don’t think the plug/connection will be compatible with the VapBong
You can attach any type of plug to the unit via screw terminals, one positive and one negative screw connection on the uni, the cable supplied with the unit just happens to fit a WS.:2c:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@LesPlenty Well VB has 4 ohm heater which means even at 9v it draws 2.25A which is more than the maximum this DC supply is rated for. I have tried like 20-30 models of various buck boost and pwm controllers there are suitable ones.
Just to get on the train with the current task,are you looking to build your self a custom more accurate controller ? Or you are looking for an alternative cause there arent US plug psu available ?
Maybe i can help you find those EU/US plug all in ones ?I could probably dig some US/EU warehouse that have them ,they are quite popular.
Other than that i can also recommed some controllers that can handle 3 amps at 12 volts.
This one is great https://www.ebay.com/itm/5A-DC-DC-B...-Current-LCD-Power-Supply-Module/352776116377

If you are more of a knob guy, This one is great https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-0-5-30V...rter-Voltage-Regulator-For-Solar/293347797231
s-l300.jpg

It also has a button version which i prefer for its accuracy !
s-l300.jpg

If you wanna deal with installing a separate volt/amp meter. This is the most solid one up do date for the price. https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-DC-8A-B...ransformer-Module-for-LED-Driver/233080841862
This is the best out of the knob cheapo's https://www.ebay.com/itm/XL4016-DC-...hash=item239086228b:m:mBkxLlvC8R8cVAqJk8o0JNA
Have in mind that all those items can be found at better prices at certain places,i havent spared the time to fish best offers.
Also according to how easy is to dial the value you have in mind. Buttons>mutril turn trimmers>knobs
What is great about those separate controllers is that you can use them with almost any dc power supply that has at least 3-4 amps . I use my DIYs with old 19v 4a toshiba satelite PSUs :). The only scenario i would use the all in one 3-12v 5a unit is for traveling .
Btw there are plenty alternatives that are All-in one and can work for the VB. Mext one i wanna try is is this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32986708904.html but they are a bit more expensive

Last edited:
Top Bottom