Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Last edited:

notams

toke down Babylon
@kadjo My primary concern is not the wear and tear on the coil. But, rather the physical manipulation of the device. I mean the actual unplugging, carrying, bottle brushing, running water, in the sink out of the sink, cover the heater and then uncover it, carry it back, plug it back in and set the dial all over again. That's just begging for a mishap and accident with all that movement daily.

Mine sits on a table plugged in 24/7 and set at 10.3. I do a water dump and refill right where it sits and wipe out the downspout with an iso dampened rag at the same time. Total time: about 30 seconds every day or two. The device was picked up with 2 hands about 12 inches high for 5 seconds to dump the water out. Done. I just looked down the top with a flashlight - literally sparkling clean.

I've been doing it like this for about a month. It's really all that's needed. I know that "light" and "heavy" user mean different things to different people. I'll just say that I run an ounce through it about every 2 weeks.

kadjo

@kadjo My primary concern is not the wear and tear on the coil. But, rather the physical manipulation of the device. I mean the actual unplugging, carrying, bottle brushing, running water, in the sink out of the sink, cover the heater and then uncover it, carry it back, plug it back in and set the dial all over again. That's just begging for a mishap and accident with all that movement daily.

Mine sits on a table plugged in 24/7 and set at 10.3. I do a water dump and refill right where it sits and wipe out the downspout with an iso dampened rag at the same time. Total time: about 30 seconds every day or two. The device was picked up with 2 hands about 12 inches high for 5 seconds to dump the water out. Done. I just looked down the top with a flashlight - literally sparkling clean.

I've been doing it like this for about a month. It's really all that's needed. I know that "light" and "heavy" user mean different things to different people. I'll just say that I run an ounce through it about every 2 weeks.
It actually does not get moved all that much. It sits in a shelf under a bar in the basement. I pull it up to the main bar to use and have a sink under the bar for all the cleaning. It never gets unplugged. Everything I need is right there for the ritual. I probly would not have started the whole channing porcelain if it wasn't that close, now its part of the ritual 😂

I keep it on a mood mat and have a soft mats on the bar top. I even got a gel mat on the floor. (Paid for itself in preventing breakage of many dropped things).

I do see your point though, the kanthal wire is not gonna burn out in the near future and the bigger risk to VB is my human error. I can relax a little. Thanks for the response, much appreciated.

Last edited:

ghost7ateoh

Today my Vapbong suddenly stopped working. It was plugged in as normal and the power supply was showing 11.9 but when I went to use it I noticed no vapor was producing so I put my hand over the ball and it was cold. I have tried unplugging and using a different outlet but the Vapbong heater will not work anymore. I have ordered another voltage adapter to see if that is the issue but I'm quite pissed this happened only 2 months after owning it and I have babied this thing.. I have emailed Art of Vapor because there is supposed to be warranty but have not heard back from them.

androponic

vaped.
Today my Vapbong suddenly stopped working. It was plugged in as normal and the power supply was showing 11.9 but when I went to use it I noticed no vapor was producing so I put my hand over the ball and it was cold. I have tried unplugging and using a different outlet but the Vapbong heater will not work anymore. I have ordered another voltage adapter to see if that is the issue but I'm quite pissed this happened only 2 months after owning it and I have babied this thing.. I have emailed Art of Vapor because there is supposed to be warranty but have not heard back from them.
if you have a friend or have one yourself, grab a multimeter and check for continuity on the power input to the heater ball. you should have it and if its an open circuit then your heater wire or lead to the heater wire is compromised but if you have continuity then your probably just needing the power supply and those are cheap. cost and quality but AOV has yet to design their own so its basically a consumable.

SquirrelMaster

They always get back to me within a business day but with all the changes they're making to the company they might be a little slower. They'll take care of you, it's been nothing but good customer service from Art if Vapor. Since you already ordered a new power supply I'm guessing you'll end up with a backup which isn't a bad thing with how cheap this part is.

kadjo

It actually does not get moved all that much. It sits in a shelf under a bar in the basement. I pull it up to the main bar to use and have a sink under the bar for all the cleaning. It never gets unplugged. Everything I need is right there for the ritual. I probly would not have started the whole channing porcelain if it wasn't that close, now its part of the ritual 😂

I keep it on a mood mat and have a soft mats on the bar top. I even got a gel mat on the floor. (Paid for itself in preventing breakage of many dropped things).

I do see your point though, the kanthal wire is not gonna burn out in the near future and the bigger risk to VB is my human error. I can relax a little. Thanks for the response, much appreciated.
*Cleaning ritual not channing porcelain 🤦🏾‍♂️
Sorry to hear that. Seems like customer service is busy but solid. @androponic got to the point i am not electronically savvy to make, how to determine if it is unit based or vvps.

Thanks @androponic 👊🏾

NimChimpsky

Ah, man, what a bummer :/ the power supply with my first VB farted out after a couple weeks. If I had to guess, if your VB isn't getting hot at all, it might be the VVPS. I would be surprised if the VB itself is defective, especially if it was woorking previously. Either way, I know it sucks to have unwanted downtime..

While we're on the topic, when I recently thought I might be having VVPS issues (ended up just being heater placement) I decided to order one that went up to 24V. I have no intention of ever setting it above 12V, but this one seemed more robust and I figured it might be better to have one thats not always set near max voltage.

Only used it twice but it seems to be a better unit than the stock one. A little larger and the cord is much thicker and has a ferrite choke. I've also noticed the body of this VVPS gets less hot than the stock one (not that that one gets dangerously hot or anything).

I'll update if I find any issues but this might be a marginally better option for a replacement VVPS, especially for folks who have it on 24/7.

Last edited:

emily

I had this same issue after about two months of daily use. One moment it was working fine, the next moment it was cooling down. I sent it back to Germany to be fixed and they repaired it within a week. I’m impressed with art of vapor’s customer service. Here’s what was wrong with it:

“a contact to the heating coil was loose. One possible reason is, if the cable connection has been tighten to strong and the cable got damaged during the manufacturing process. If you pull very hard on the cable, it can also happen, especially if the cable is already damaged. In any case the herb chamber should always be removed when the vaporizer is not in use so that the moisture has no connection to the electronics and the cable cannot corrode.”

ghost7ateoh

I had this same issue after about two months of daily use. One moment it was working fine, the next moment it was cooling down. I sent it back to Germany to be fixed and they repaired it within a week. I’m impressed with art of vapor’s customer service. Here’s what was wrong with it:

“a contact to the heating coil was loose. One possible reason is, if the cable connection has been tighten to strong and the cable got damaged during the manufacturing process. If you pull very hard on the cable, it can also happen, especially if the cable is already damaged. In any case the herb chamber should always be removed when the vaporizer is not in use so that the moisture has no connection to the electronics and the cable cannot corrode.”
Thank you for the reply and I'm hoping this is not what happened to mine. I should have the new power supply tomorrow to test out and if that doesnt work, I'm guessing it is the same issue that you had with yours. Did you have to pay to ship yours back? This could be quite expensive for me as I live in Canada.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
"In any case the herb chamber should always be removed when the vaporizer is not in use so that the moisture has no connection to the electronics and the cable cannot corrode.”

Hmm mine is always sitting with the herb chamber on, when not in use, turned off with water still inside... Uh Oh? It's not as convenient to not be able to store the herb chamber in its proper place (or have to keep emptying the water) Hope mine are fine!

emily

Thank you for the reply and I'm hoping this is not what happened to mine. I should have the new power supply tomorrow to test out and if that doesnt work, I'm guessing it is the same issue that you had with yours. Did you have to pay to ship yours back? This could be quite expensive for me as I live in Canada.

I feel you dude. Have a chat with them, they took good care of me. I hope you've got another vaporizer to tide you over 🤙

Shit Snacks

Time to change the routine @Shit Snacks ? I suggest a nice thick wooden bowl with an inner diameter of 7 cm to have the ball rest in when not in service. Even easier for loading!

Haha I mean it rests fine on my table, but then it takes up more space! Also not as pleasing to look at the VB sitting there without its head on, you know? Got some real First World Problems over here!

Maybe I'm fine in the dry heat here in SoCal though... Not sure of the science exactly?

notams

toke down Babylon
@ghost7ateoh That sucks! Sorry to hear about that. I hope it gets sorted out quickly cheaply and completely.

@NimChimpsky Thanks for the heads up on the VVPS from Amazon. It's in the cart.

Re: where to put the herb chamber

I try to have the ball in place only while actively inhaling. However, I 'forget' it on a lot and am always struck at how little difference it seems to make. It gets blazing hot right where it makes contact with the heater ball. But, can easily be held comfortably. It cools off quickly and doesn't seem to do much to the herb except dry it out a little.

Goddammit! I just looked over and the balls been in for who knows how long. Burtnt my frickin' finger! Oh well. Sigh.

ghost7ateoh

Update on my Vapbong issue:
I received the replacement power supply I ordered off Amazon to see if that was the issue but it unfortunately was not. For some reason the heater is not heating at all. I have barely moved this device and only had for a couple months. Art of Vapor has still not responded to my email so it looks like I'm stuck with a broken vape until they respond....

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Update on my Vapbong issue:
I received the replacement power supply I ordered off Amazon to see if that was the issue but it unfortunately was not. For some reason the heater the heater is not heating at all. I have barely moved this device and only had for a couple months. Art of Vapor has still not responded to my email so it looks like I'm stuck with a broken vape until they respond....

I'm sure they will respond at some point, unfortunately you may have to send it back and be without regardless... Can you go over your usage with it a bit for us? I am now leaving my ball bowl off the VB, as I let mine sit on the table with water in it, all week without use, until I plug it in Friday night again... So I am curious if the evaporating water over the heater could be the cause of an issue like this?? Sorry for your troubles!

ghost7ateoh

I'm sure they will respond at some point, unfortunately you may have to send it back and be without regardless... Can you go over your usage with it a bit for us? I am now leaving my ball bowl off the VB, as I let mine sit on the table with water in it, all week without use, until I plug it in Friday night again... So I am curious if the evaporating water over the heater could be the cause of an issue like this?? Sorry for your troubles!
Yea, I'm thinking it most certainly needs to be sent in for repair so I'm at the mercy of their reply which is hopefully soon.

I have honestly babied this device and have only had it for 2 months. It stays in the same spot all day and I only unplug it once a week to clean and change the water. I have removed the ball after each use and store it on a tray. I was turning on the device in the morning and shutting it off before bed every day. When the device stopped working it was plugged in and then just suddenly stopped. Went to use it and the ball was cold.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Yea, I'm thinking it most certainly needs to be sent in for repair so I'm at the mercy of their reply which is hopefully soon.

I have honestly babied this device and have only had it for 2 months. It stays in the same spot all day and I only unplug it once a week to clean and change the water. I have removed the ball after each use and store it on a tray. I was turning on the device in the morning and shutting it off before bed every day. When the device stopped working it was plugged in and then just suddenly stopped. Went to use it and the ball was cold.

Damn! Totally would have thought it was the vvps then, sorry that super sucks, I'm sure they will help resolve though, hang in there!

ghost7ateoh

Update: Art of Vapor got back to me this morning and the Vapbong will be heading back for repairs.

They did advise me to keep the ball off when not using to avoid any "Bridge" to the water and heater. I was already removing it after each use but thought I would mention for others to know.

They also said that pulling hard on the cable can damage the device. I have not pulled on the cable but thought I should mention this as we all have to disconnect and change water and clean so use extreme caution when moving the Vapbong around.

Top Bottom