Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

notams

toke down Babylon
Please allow me to share a cool gadget for the VB. I have a bamboo tea spoon from a tea set that I've been using as a stir / poke tool. The proper term is a "chashuka". You can get them stupid cheap on Amazon.

The ceramic ball can easily withstand a metal poker tool without scratching or damaging. However, I prefer softer, lighter, more gentle tools. This hooked spoon has innumerable ways of clearing the screen, stirring the bowl, and (my favorite) using the convex side to gently crush toasted herb.

Thanks all! Too many nice messages to quote! I really appreciate all of the advice and warm wishes.

I had to deliberate on this for a few days. And also wait to hear back from Daniel as well.

I have decided to move forward with using glue (actually jb-weld epoxy) on the nut. This epoxy is rated to 550f, and claims to be "non-toxic" once fully cured. I'm not sure I completely believe that, but I will be taking some precautions:

1. I'm going to use at little epoxy as possibly, and only in the places farthest away from the screen and heater openings
  2. I'm going to let it fully, fully cure once applied. then I will also bake it in the oven for several hours to remove any potential leftovers (thanks to @AoV Daniel for this tip)
  3. I'm going to be extra cautious about only leaving this in the heater for the minimal amount of time needed

Luckily it is a very clean break, so I have no doubt this fix will work - I just hope it's safe and doesn't impart any taste. I would rather not send the whole unit back to pay to have a new nut made - this guy has already been through some stuff!

As I mentioned, I had considered using some type of hemp rope (or even the "rescue tape" that I have shown in my original post, which claims to be safe to 500f), however I hadn't consider where the break happened. Given it's location, part of this "binding" would have to go right between the heater and screen openings, which I'm not comfortable with.

A few side notes:

I received my braided whip from Lamart today, and it looks very nice! I'll have to wait a few days to get to try it!

In preparation for epoxy, I did my first real clean of the OAB. Whoa! Couldn't be easier. All I did was a quick swish of some (heavily used 70%) ISO, and a rinse and it looked brand new! Just one more thing to love about this unit :)

Also, I picked up one of the blooming blue VBs :D:D:D I know that this fix on my OAB will likely work, but I want to be able to use a unit with a piece of mind. And this blue color was stunning! I figured this was the time to pick up a VB to see what it's like. I forgot to grab a screenshot, but here is an image for the glaze I found online:

CG974_Bloomin_Blue-1000x1000.jpg

I'll be excited to test the difference between OAB and VB and see what I like better. I'll be keeping my eyes out for another OAB at some point down the line too.

Please allow me to share a cool gadget for the VB. I have a bamboo tea spoon from a tea set that I've been using as a stir / poke tool. The proper term is a "chashuka". You can get them stupid cheap on Amazon.

The ceramic ball can easily withstand a metal poker tool without scratching or damaging. However, I prefer softer, lighter, more gentle tools. This hooked spoon has innumerable ways of clearing the screen, stirring the bowl, and (my favorite) using the convex side to gently crush toasted herb.

Great idea! I like the aesthetic of this, and also the fact that it's gentle on the ceramic!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Nice, so the Monsoon listed in the classic is a vaporizer? I was confused because it was a bong... 😂

Ha yes I think there is just no photos of a vapbong using the monsoon seas glaze yet, so they used the photo they had for the bongs is all!

@1101010100101 nice plan, especially snagging the blooming blue standard vapbong too!

Fortunately there are quite a few photos available:

Screenshot-20201213-235126.png

Looks like it will go great with your wildfire!

Alexis

Ha yes I think there is just no photos of a vapbong using the monsoon seas glaze yet, so they used the photo they had for the bongs is all!

@1101010100101 nice plan, especially snagging the blooming blue standard vapbong too!

Fortunately there are quite a few photos available:

Screenshot-20201213-235126.png

Looks like it will go great with your wildfire!
Love those vibrant and complimentary colours. Would make great viewing when I have my kalaidescopic goggles.

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
taxcnio.jpg

It looks better in person!

Do you only leave the ball under the heater when you're drawing? Or can I leave it on for the bowl session? I've been doing the latter and the bowl becomes quite hot, but not unbearably so. Have the voltage set to 9.5.
A few people leave the ball on all the time. The consensus is that doing so with a fresh pack may waste some of your herb after some time. I try to take it out but I also try not to worry about it.

Also--BEAUTIFUL PIECE!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
taxcnio.jpg

Do you only leave the ball under the heater when you're drawing? Or can I leave it on for the bowl session? I've been doing the latter and the bowl becomes quite hot, but not unbearably so. Have the voltage set to 9.5.

I love that 2 tone cobble

I leave my bowl on 24/7, plugged in or not.

Typically the ball is on during heat up, (or if its just been on for a while, its sitting in place warm), pull the ball, fill it with flower, replace it, remove the ball to clear, exhale all that goodness, stir the ball, put it back in place. I'll either take another hit immediately or chill for a few minutes and go back for another hit.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
taxcnio.jpg

Dang that one turned out pretty dope in person!
Any former sneakerheads here? This glaze reminds me of HUFQUAKE

fak

The Dude
taxcnio.jpg

Looks amazing! I basically have the same glaze VB coming my way minus the magma flow on the bottom!

delicatebunting

Dang that one turned out pretty dope in person!
Any former sneakerheads here? This glaze reminds me of HUFQUAKE
Looks amazing! I basically have the same glaze VB coming my way minus the magma flow on the bottom!
The ice part looks like cherry blossoms against a dark blue sky. I like it a lot. My buddy called the magma flow "cheetah print." :)

I think the ice glaze with a soft pink would look great.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The ice part looks like cherry blossoms against a dark blue sky. I like it a lot. My buddy called the magma flow "cheetah print." :)

I think the ice glaze with a soft pink would look great.

Based on your herb loading dish, the base for the ice is the mirror blue glaze then there is white cobblestone glaze over it. The base for the magma fire is the wildfire glaze then there is black cobblestone glaze over it. At one point they did do white cobblestone over ladybug glaze that came out a little pink:

Screenshot-20201102-163235.png

Last edited:

Texus

Thanks for the tip. Mine just arrived. Tho hours more of work before I can give it a try.

Texus,

notams

toke down Babylon
@alleyhoops I bought a hookah hose from Amazon. Brand name is Budpro. It comes with a long aluminum handle / mouthpiece. It also comes with a short mouthpiece. They also include 3 little silicone (I think, maybe plastic) gaskets. Here's a pic of the small mouthpiece with 2 of those gaskets.

I tried a million ways to stick the hose in and get an airtight seal. After using corks, silicone tubes, bong adapters... THEN I got the gaskets that actually came with the house and slipped them onto the short mouthpiece. They are a perfect fit. And I do mean perfect. Like they were made to be a gasket for a hookah hose - duh. Here's the finished look.

The mouthpiece is comfortable and adequate. However, I discovered the Simrell Stinger fits perfectly into the opening. Once again, perfect. So, I can use the whip with my favorite titanium mouthpiece.

Of course, these are all wrapped up in goofy paracord. The base is just a good ol' fashioned silicone hose. It's 72" long. I chopped it in half to get 2 hoses, so one is always washed and hanging to dry. Just switch out the hardware and voila! Fresh hose in about 2 minutes.

Edit: pictures were all screwed up

@alleyhoops I bought a hookah hose from Amazon. Brand name is Budpro. It comes with a long aluminum handle / mouthpiece. It also comes with a short mouthpiece. They also include 3 little silicone (I think, maybe plastic) gaskets. Here's a pic of the small mouthpiece with 2 of those gaskets.

I tried a million ways to stick the hose in and get an airtight seal. After using corks, silicone tubes, bong adapters... THEN I got the gaskets that actually came with the house and slipped them onto the short mouthpiece. They are a perfect fit. And I do mean perfect. Like they were made to be a gasket for a hookah hose - duh. Here's the finished look.

The mouthpiece is comfortable and adequate. However, I discovered the Simrell Stinger fits perfectly into the opening. Once again, perfect. So, I can use the whip with my favorite titanium mouthpiece.

Of course, these are all wrapped up in goofy paracord. The base is just a good ol' fashioned silicone hose. It's 72" long. I chopped it in half to get 2 hoses, so one is always washed and hanging to dry. Just switch out the hardware and voila! Fresh hose in about 2 minutes.

Thank you and those pictures are great. I will start taking a look at it.

Lamart also makes and sells these cork adapters for whip to bubbler mouthpiece
Great!

Last edited:
alleyhoops,
Reactions: notams

fak

The Dude

If you ever decide to sell whips like that sign me up :D

notams

toke down Babylon
@fak It is amazing how difficult it is to find / buy a decent whip. They're either humorously short, as skinny as my pinky, made of vinyl or plastic (yuk) or impossible to connect decently. The key is to search 'hookah hose' rather than 'whip'.

I wrapped it in the paracord primarily for aesthetics. However, the unintended benefit is that the hose has just the right flexibility to not kink as it makes that big top bend. Also the paracord keeps the silicone hose from being a lint magnet and feels more pleasant in the hand. The Budpro hookah hose from Amazon comes with a spring coil you can use on a bare hose to keep it from kinking.

The hose cost $15 and comes with all the hardware and fittings to make an airtight seal and 2 whips. If you want to do the paracord thing - it costs about $5 and you'll need about 40 feet of cord for a 36" hose. I watched a few YouTube videos on "paracord handle wrap" and figured it our pretty qiick. It looks harder than it is. It takes about 6-8 hours to wrap the whole thing.

I love this thing and want all my FCVB brethren to experience the absolute joy of a well done whip. I just sit in my chair with the VB on the side table just pumping out steam like Casey Jones (that was a Grateful Dead reference).

Top Bottom